daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old July 30th, 2007, 06:04 AM   #5121
BaltoSteve

Likes (Received): 142

Way to Go Cal!

We wanna live - dirty old town
Dirty old town

David Byrne

Last edited by BaltoSteve; July 30th, 2007 at 06:10 AM.
BaltoSteve no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old July 30th, 2007, 06:17 AM   #5122
scando

Likes (Received): 457

Fells28 says...

I really hope that the new park at Rash Field has some sort of wow factor. I say this because, as we all know, the new Westside Park is nice but quite unassuming. This is evident from the lack of people I see actually utilizing the park (I walk by it everyday during my lunch break). I hear that money has been allocated to put the water feature in the Westside park but I wonder when this is going to happen and don't understand why it wasn't all done at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmore87 View Post
I love it.

I can see this working too. The current Rash field is so drab, lacking greenery it's a sun scorched and rather unused place. I think that the original Inner Harbor urban renewal plan mandated a playing field and, like many IH things, the optimism to build big wasn't there in 1972 so what we got was a FIELD and not much more. The deteriorating wooden bleachers and such are pretty grim today so trees, design and some integration with the Hill will be welcome as will burying the garage. Having used the scary, creepy bathroom, that facility will not be much missed.
scando no está en línea  
Old July 30th, 2007, 06:18 AM   #5123
scando

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maudibjr View Post
Nice pics wada, I remember seeing a show about those cranes and Boston's big dig.
I sure hope this turns out better and cheaper than the big dig.
scando no está en línea  
Old July 30th, 2007, 06:24 AM   #5124
scando

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasonsInquiries View Post
excellent pics, the-real-link!!! i went to the o's game last night and it looks like hilton hotel hotel has another 6-7 floors before it finally tops out. i'm not happy that it's going to block the bromo-seltzer tower, but i have grown to deal with it.
I was at Saturday's game and had two observations - 1)New York fans outnumbered Baltimore fans and many of them seem to have come from NY and 2)At least from the 3rd base side where I sat, the new hotel didn't block the view.

This hotel doesn't have a lot of height, but when done it will really have heft. It's scale appears to be DC like, big, heavy, but not too tall.

BTW, NY fans left in droves in the 8th inning when the O's lead 7 - 1. They missed the best part of the game when the Yankees rallied in the 9th, had a real "Casey at the bat" moment when the tieing run was at bat with a 3-2 count...lost anyway...
scando no está en línea  
Old July 30th, 2007, 06:31 AM   #5125
MasonsInquiries
B-MORE than u strive for!

Likes (Received): 13

hey guys, on armada hoffler's site, if you go under "project profolio" and then "projects in progress", there's two new renderings of the four seasons/legg mason site. i can't seem to bring it up. maybe someone could do the honors........
MasonsInquiries no está en línea  
Old July 30th, 2007, 07:22 AM   #5126
Northern
Unregistered User

Likes (Received): 0

These two?

Too bad they are from above. Cant photoshop them into current skyline...
Old July 30th, 2007, 02:19 PM   #5127
jamie_hunt

Likes (Received): 822

Quote:
Originally Posted by scando View Post
The current Rash field is so drab, lacking greenery it's a sun scorched and rather unused place. I think that the original Inner Harbor urban renewal plan mandated a playing field and, like many IH things, the optimism to build big wasn't there in 1972 so what we got was a FIELD and not much more.
Rash Field was originally planned to be the "home" field for the "new" Southern High School (now Digital Harbor). The "old" Southern at Battery and Warren, now apartments, was in the path of a proposed highway. In the early 70s, it wasn't clear whether anyone who didn't live near the harbor would ever visit there. The City Fair helped change that, but the Fair and subsequent ethnic festivals rendered Rash Field unfit for athletic competition so a field was built next to Southern, and bigger games were played at (I think) Swann Park.
jamie_hunt no está en línea  
Old July 30th, 2007, 03:53 PM   #5128
30 Floors Up

Likes (Received): 823

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
Awesome pix, wada!
BTW, had a chance to get up into the Water Tower condo, yet?
No. They told me I could go up now, but I'm in New York all week. In fact, I'm on the Acella train in Philadelphia as I write this. The Comcast tower looks to be almost topped off. The top is nothing but scaffolding and one large crane. They are putting up the point.

You couldn't pay me enough money to be an iron worker 1,000 feet up! I"m fine on a balcony, but not walking on an iron beam with no protection. Nope!

I want to sechedule THE WATER TOWER EXPERIENCE for a sunny day so I can take photographs. Also, I need to take tons of measurements. Right now, I'm thinking about going up sometime during the 2nd week of August - weather permitting of course. I may delay it until they install the balcony railing so that I can go out there. I'm sure they won't let me do that unless the railings are up.

They are installing the cornices and closing in the area between the garage and the residences now. In this picture, the cornices are installed on the right but not the front.

FROM SATURDAY
30 Floors Up no está en línea  
Old July 30th, 2007, 05:13 PM   #5129
Maudibjr
Indeed

Likes (Received): 134

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmore87 View Post
I love it.

Are they removing the Rusty Scupper and that one story garage, this rendering seems to indicate that.
Maudibjr no está en línea  
Old July 30th, 2007, 05:16 PM   #5130
Maudibjr
Indeed

Likes (Received): 134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern View Post

These two?

Too bad they are from above. Cant photoshop them into current skyline...
No but it does give you a good idea, how much even the shorter Legg Mason tower is going to dominate the Vue and Spinniker Bay. Really skyline changing.

Of Course, really skyline changing will be 300 east or 10 IH
Maudibjr no está en línea  
Old July 30th, 2007, 06:10 PM   #5131
jamie_hunt

Likes (Received): 822

Quote:
Are they removing the Rusty Scupper and that one story garage, this rendering seems to indicate that.
One story garage is going; Scupper is staying. Page nine of this document has a plan of the site.
jamie_hunt no está en línea  
Old July 30th, 2007, 06:13 PM   #5132
MasonsInquiries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern View Post

These two?

yep, those 2.
Old July 30th, 2007, 09:44 PM   #5133
MasonsInquiries

Quote:
additional rash field renderings (pp. 9 through 16)

http://www.baltimoredevelopment.com/...19,%202007.pdf
Old July 31st, 2007, 01:31 AM   #5134
DemolitionDave

Likes (Received): 210

The highest I have ever worked was 1408'. I think I left some cheek prints on the steel. It was windy and it was January.
DemolitionDave no está en línea  
Old July 31st, 2007, 05:05 AM   #5135
bobysayshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30 Floors Up View Post
No. They told me I could go up now, but I'm in New York all week. In fact, I'm on the Acella train in Philadelphia as I write this. The Comcast tower looks to be almost topped off. The top is nothing but scaffolding and one large crane. They are putting up the point.

You couldn't pay me enough money to be an iron worker 1,000 feet up! I"m fine on a balcony, but not walking on an iron beam with no protection. Nope!

I want to sechedule THE WATER TOWER EXPERIENCE for a sunny day so I can take photographs. Also, I need to take tons of measurements. Right now, I'm thinking about going up sometime during the 2nd week of August - weather permitting of course. I may delay it until they install the balcony railing so that I can go out there. I'm sure they won't let me do that unless the railings are up.

They are installing the cornices and closing in the area between the garage and the residences now. In this picture, the cornices are installed on the right but not the front.

FROM SATURDAY
I was in Baltimore Friday and Water Tower looks really nice but i thought it was suposed to be taller.
bobysayshi no está en línea  
Old July 31st, 2007, 05:08 AM   #5136
bobysayshi

So i have herd alot about Naing Towers but are they approved or proposed?
bobysayshi no está en línea  
Old July 31st, 2007, 07:16 AM   #5137
Baltimoreborn1
Born & Raised

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasonsInquiries View Post
additional rash field renderings (pp. 9 through 16)

http://www.baltimoredevelopment.com/...19,%202007.pdf
Rash Field really looks good in those renderings! I still want that signature art piece in Baltimore somewhere, I thought Rash Field might be a good spot, oh well.
Baltimoreborn1 no está en línea  
Old July 31st, 2007, 03:12 PM   #5138
Tricia_Lvs_Baltimore

Likes (Received): 218

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltimoreborn1 View Post
Rash Field really looks good in those renderings! I still want that signature art piece in Baltimore somewhere, I thought Rash Field might be a good spot, oh well.
Oh, you mean that giant silver ball looking thing? Yeah that would look really nice on that side of the harbor. Who knows? They may consider it sometime in the future.
Old July 31st, 2007, 03:21 PM   #5139
pfd103
Bmore

Likes (Received): 129

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltimoreborn1 View Post
It seems by the last page of that doc that they are considering some type of icon for the park (they show that reflective globe thing, the london eye, and a few other icons from different cities).
pfd103 no está en línea  
Old July 31st, 2007, 03:23 PM   #5140
Baltimoreborn1
Born & Raised

Likes (Received): 7

I too noticed that pfd, and it would be great if they added one, but can we get some renderings please.
Baltimoreborn1 no está en línea  

Closed Thread