daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old March 8th, 2007, 09:14 AM   #1681
harlem87
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalWash View Post
Atlanta has its upsides, but overall its no DC or Baltimore. Buckhead (known as the "Beverly Hills of the South") is essentially 2 malls and some highrises. You can find the same levels of expensive shopping in the more urban environments of Georgetown, Chevy Chase and Bethesda. Living in Atlanta 7 months of the year isn't all bad, the clubs are intense and I've got a fake ID to get into them (I'm only 18 ).
You have got to be 18 to talk the Bull Shit that you do on here.
harlem87 no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old March 8th, 2007, 10:58 AM   #1682

Ok, so our friend harlem87 has posted in one of the southeast threads:

It looks like some people from the NorthEast Forum aren't too fond of Charlotte and Atlanta:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...431729&page=83

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...431729&page=84

sociopath (soh-see-uh-path, soh-shee-uh-path) - a person, as a psychopathic personality, whose behavior is antisocial and who lacks a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience. Someone whose social behavior is extremely abnormal. Sociopaths are interested only in their personal needs and desires, without concern for the effects of their behavior on others. (Compare psychopath.)
21230 no está en línea  
Old March 8th, 2007, 01:01 PM   #1683
DCKenny

Don't smoke crack
DCKenny no está en línea  
Old March 8th, 2007, 01:24 PM   #1684
fanofterps

Likes (Received): 121

I agree

No one goes to downtown Atlanta to go out. They have less middle and upper miiddle class living in the city than Baltimore. Buckhead is a suburb of Atlanta like Towson is to downtown Baltimore. Buckhead is basically malls and chain stores. It is similar to Rockville or Tysons Corner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalWash View Post
Atlanta has its upsides, but overall its no DC or Baltimore. Buckhead (known as the "Beverly Hills of the South") is essentially 2 malls and some highrises. You can find the same levels of expensive shopping in the more urban environments of Georgetown, Chevy Chase and Bethesda. Living in Atlanta 7 months of the year isn't all bad, the clubs are intense and I've got a fake ID to get into them (I'm only 18 ).
fanofterps no está en línea  
Old March 8th, 2007, 02:21 PM   #1685
30 Floors Up

Likes (Received): 812

I'm trying to determine if the new Legg Mason tower and the Four Seasons will share a common 3 story base. If they do, I wonder if there will be a mini shopping mall in there? If there is, I'd like to see some high end national chains locate there. Crate and Barrel, Tiffany, Sak's where are you?

Last edited by 30 Floors Up; March 8th, 2007 at 02:50 PM.
30 Floors Up no está en línea  
Old March 8th, 2007, 02:33 PM   #1686
Hood

Likes (Received): 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javalady1 View Post
No. Think software...
Ahhh. I see. My wife met the new owners of Barista recently and she said that they lived in one of the HV townes. We loved that place when the original owners had it. It seems to be in better hands now.
Hood no está en línea  
Old March 8th, 2007, 02:37 PM   #1687
30 Floors Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
Well, perhaps proposal was an inaccurate word. More like suggestion.
They were basicaly "shopping" the idea. And they had some very possitive feedback about it. Usually, some developer jumps on that opportunity as an invitation of some sort. Plus, I really like the idea of a high-rise on that spot intergrating the BCCC there as well, obviously.
They should build a low rise there and not something tall. You can't have high rises on every single block in the city. A building there will block the views of Water Street and the Cordish condo tower. What about the people who paid for those views? That is the wrong place for a tall structure. Bla. Bla Bla. I'm practicing my NIMBYism in case I ever need to use it. It won't be for that project though. I look north.

Last edited by 30 Floors Up; March 8th, 2007 at 02:45 PM.
Old March 8th, 2007, 03:29 PM   #1688
MasonsInquiries
B-MORE than u strive for!

Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30 Floors Up View Post
I'm trying to determine if the new Legg Mason tower and the Four Seasons will share a common 3 story base. If they do, I wonder if there will be a mini shopping mall in there? If there is, I'd like to see some high end national chains locate there. Crate and Barrel, Tiffany, Sak's where are you?
yep, i believe that it will share the same base, just like the older renderings of the 2 four seasons buildings.
MasonsInquiries no está en línea  
Old March 8th, 2007, 04:20 PM   #1689
getontrac

I coulda swore they didn't. I looked closely at the renderings to see, and I thought they didin't. I think they simply share the basement garage. But I may be misremembering.

Nate
getontrac no está en línea  
Old March 8th, 2007, 04:46 PM   #1690
MountVEE

Quote:
They should build a low rise there and not something tall. You can't have high rises on every single block in the city. A building there will block the views of Water Street and the Cordish condo tower. What about the people who paid for those views? That is the wrong place for a tall structure. Bla. Bla Bla. I'm practicing my NIMBYism in case I ever need to use it. It won't be for that project though. I look north.
When you buy a condo or rent an apartment in the middle of an active urban downtown and you soley base your buy on a particular view then you are taking a huge gamble. You always run the risk of losing it. That's just the chance you have to take. That's one of the reasons why the waterfront high-rises are so expensive. There's no chance of that ever happening.
MountVEE no está en línea  
Old March 8th, 2007, 05:04 PM   #1691
MountVEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by harlem87 View Post
I DARE YOU ACTORS to go to the SouthEast Thread and post this if you Really Believe the Bull Shit that your stating.
Hey dude, listen. I'm from the SouthEast. (Memphis, TN) I don't understand why you always try to stir up shit. (I'm guessing your about 19-20 yrs old based on your name?) You always bring up NoVa like it's some gold standard. I would NEVER want to live in NoVA. I do alot of projects down there and that place is just one big clusterf*ck. The whole way it was developed is completely unsustainable. They're gonna be in big trouble in about 20 years. Most people I know moved to Baltimore because it WASN'T like NoVA, Atlanta, Charlotte, and every other southern city for that matter. Do I think Baltimore is southern? NO WAY. It's the Mid-atlantic. As far as culture goes the Mason-Dixon line doesn't mean shit. Trust me, Debbie Downer.
Old March 8th, 2007, 05:07 PM   #1692
Brian21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasonsInquiries View Post
yep, i believe that it will share the same base, just like the older renderings of the 2 four seasons buildings.
I don't think they will share the same base. The older renderings did. However the new design has the two towers sitting on their own base.
Old March 8th, 2007, 05:08 PM   #1693
cgunna
2A

Likes (Received): 7

why does someone with the screen name 'harlem' care so much about 'baltimore' anyway?
cgunna no está en línea  
Old March 8th, 2007, 05:09 PM   #1694
Brian21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountVEE View Post
Hey dude, listen. I'm from the SouthEast. (Memphis, TN) I don't understand why you always try to stir up shit. (I'm guessing your about 19-20 yrs old based on your name?) You always bring up NoVa like it's some gold standard. I would NEVER want to live in NoVA. I do alot of projects down there and that place is just one big clusterf*ck. The whole way it was developed is completely unsustainable. They're gonna be in big trouble in about 20 years. Most people I know moved to Baltimore because it WASN'T like NoVA, Atlanta, Charlotte, and every other southern city for that matter. Do I think Baltimore is southern? NO WAY. It's the Mid-atlantic. As far as culture goes the Mason-Dixon line doesn't mean shit. Trust me, Debbie Downer.
I couldn't have said it better! Took the words right out of my mouth
Old March 8th, 2007, 05:19 PM   #1695
30 Floors Up

Quote:
When you buy a condo or rent an apartment in the middle of an active urban downtown and you soley base your buy on a particular view then you are taking a huge gamble. You always run the risk of losing it. That's just the chance you have to take. That's one of the reasons why the waterfront high-rises are so expensive. There's no chance of that ever happening.
That was just my sarcastic sense of humor (or lack of it). The J/K means just kidding. You may not own your view, but the developers certainly sell it to you when they set the prices don't they? Seems like anytime something tall is proposed in this town, that is what you hear. It was sort of a satire of the Icon controversy.
Old March 8th, 2007, 05:29 PM   #1696
DCKenny

Well said!
DCKenny no está en línea  
Old March 8th, 2007, 06:33 PM   #1697
MasonsInquiries
B-MORE than u strive for!

Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
MasonsInquiries no está en línea  
Old March 8th, 2007, 06:43 PM   #1698
MountVEE

Quote:
That was just my sarcastic sense of humor (or lack of it). The J/K means just kidding. You may not own your view, but the developers certainly sell it to you when they set the prices don't they? Seems like anytime something tall is proposed in this town, that is what you hear. It was sort of a satire of the Icon controversy.
oh...sorry...hehe. I missed the j/k. When I read through it again it makes more sense that you were sarcastic. I have a tendency to ignore all the smileys and moving things.
Old March 8th, 2007, 07:57 PM   #1699
getontrac

Looks like "The Vue" will no longer have much of a "view" , esp. since 4S just got so much bigger.

Nate
getontrac no está en línea  
Old March 8th, 2007, 09:10 PM   #1700
Brian21

Maybe they should change the name to "Vue of 4 seasons"?

Closed Thread