daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old March 15th, 2007, 02:38 PM   #1941
jeremai
Grade I Listed

Likes (Received): 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by waj0527 View Post
I had to lug the materials for our table and my bag all the way to the convention cen tee for the AAHPERD convention....but I digress.)
Is that the American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance? They are one of the clients of the company I used to work for. Sorry, continuing the digression!
jeremai no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old March 15th, 2007, 02:41 PM   #1942
jeremai
Grade I Listed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie_hunt View Post
Thanks! Found the forum while googling for Silo Point pics. Amazing wealth of info here. Manna for a Baltimore native in temporary exile in rural NH.
Speaking of Silo Point, has there been any more visible progress there recently?

Also, could anyone post the huge rendering that used to be on parameterinc.com of Silo Point? They've changed their home page (still no web site yet though) and it's not there any more. I know I've posted it on here in the past, but have since deleted in from my hosting and apparently never saved it to my hard drive.
jeremai no está en línea  
Old March 15th, 2007, 04:06 PM   #1943
tonyBmore
The rebirth of Bmore...

Likes (Received): 0

happy returns Jeremai, Silo Point is really coming along and visual progress abounds. I haven't officially counted the floors, but the garage portion inside the silos seems to be a couple of floors from topping out. The "wrap around" condos in front of the building are about 5-7 floors high and they are steady adding floor plates inside the main tower. The other day, my neighbor and I noticed that the exterior of the building seems to be much brighter - or less dingy - than it was a couple of days ago. I am really excited about this project even though I'm leaving Locust Point in a month. March 2008 is the expected delivery date.
tonyBmore no está en línea  
Old March 15th, 2007, 04:43 PM   #1944
southbalto

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyBmore View Post
I am really excited about this project even though I'm leaving Locust Point in a month. March 2008 is the expected delivery date.
Tony,

Where are you headed?
southbalto no está en línea  
Old March 15th, 2007, 05:02 PM   #1945
tonyBmore
The rebirth of Bmore...

Headin to the freakin' burbs...Ellicott City to be exact. I am finally teaching at the school I've coached at for a while and I decided I couldn't take another night stuck on the beltway on my way home from practice. Or, if you want to know the real reason...my wife is pretty much "dreaming the suburban dream" and wants my son to have a place to run around other than Latrobe Park. Can you tell I'm very excited about the move?
tonyBmore no está en línea  
Old March 15th, 2007, 05:53 PM   #1946
southbalto

Quote:
Headin to the freakin' burbs...Ellicott City to be exact. I am finally teaching at the school I've coached at for a while and I decided I couldn't take another night stuck on the beltway on my way home from practice. Or, if you want to know the real reason...my wife is pretty much "dreaming the suburban dream" and wants my son to have a place to run around other than Latrobe Park. Can you tell I'm very excited about the move?

Oh I'll be there in a year or two myself. I grew up in woodstock then moved to Glenelg for a bit. I've got a 3 year old and am looking hard at the catonsville/oella/westchester/ellicott city area. If you don't mind sharing, what part of EC are you lookin at/moving to?
Old March 15th, 2007, 06:08 PM   #1947
waj0527

Likes (Received): 484

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltimoreborn1 View Post
Goodluck tommorow Waj, and all the rest of the Terrapin Nation!
Thanks. I've already reserved the boardroom in our office from 12-4. I'll put the game on the big projector. We do that every year.
waj0527 no está en línea  
Old March 15th, 2007, 06:10 PM   #1948
pfd103
Bmore

Likes (Received): 129

At 98 pages so far...when does this turn into Baltimore Development News 21?
pfd103 no está en línea  
Old March 15th, 2007, 06:12 PM   #1949
waj0527

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremai View Post
Is that the American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance? They are one of the clients of the company I used to work for. Sorry, continuing the digression!
Yep. Their national conference and expo is here this year. Its in Dallas-Ft. Worth next year.
waj0527 no está en línea  
Old March 15th, 2007, 06:35 PM   #1950
MasonsInquiries
B-MORE than u strive for!

Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
ecstatic. congrads, tony. good for you.
MasonsInquiries no está en línea  
Old March 15th, 2007, 06:46 PM   #1951
House3780

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfd103 View Post
At 98 pages so far...when does this turn into Baltimore Development News 21?
Better question.. when does this turn BACK to Baltimore Development news.. the last 60 posts have covered breakups, terps, ppls families and moving plans.
House3780 no está en línea  
Old March 15th, 2007, 07:02 PM   #1952
waj0527

Oh..also one of my buddies from college works at Venable Law Firm which occupies several floors in the Mercantile Building. The firm is moving to the Constellation Energy Building in the fall.
waj0527 no está en línea  
Old March 15th, 2007, 07:14 PM   #1953
Hugh Jaramillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by House3780 View Post
Better question.. when does this turn BACK to Baltimore Development news.. the last 60 posts have covered breakups, terps, ppls families and moving plans.
Amen to That!

I share your sentiment and I think it really needs to be said. I am tired of all of the personal banter on what is supposed to be the Baltimore Development forum.
Hugh Jaramillo no está en línea  
Old March 15th, 2007, 07:20 PM   #1954
jeremai
Grade I Listed

Quote:
happy returns Jeremai, Silo Point is really coming along and visual progress abounds. I haven't officially counted the floors, but the garage portion inside the silos seems to be a couple of floors from topping out. The "wrap around" condos in front of the building are about 5-7 floors high and they are steady adding floor plates inside the main tower. The other day, my neighbor and I noticed that the exterior of the building seems to be much brighter - or less dingy - than it was a couple of days ago. I am really excited about this project even though I'm leaving Locust Point in a month. March 2008 is the expected delivery date.
Wow, that IS a lot of progress. I guess I have been gone for six months, although it doesn't feel like it's been that long.

I would love to see some updated construction pictures if anyone gets a chance.
jeremai no está en línea  
Old March 15th, 2007, 08:17 PM   #1955
Huck

Likes (Received): 28

Quote:
What school? Is it a Howard County school?
Old March 15th, 2007, 09:27 PM   #1956
southbalto

Quote:
Originally Posted by House3780 View Post

Terps Advance!
Old March 15th, 2007, 11:22 PM   #1957
B'moreOrioles
B'MORE LIKE CHARM CITY

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbalto View Post
Terps Advance!
Maryland 82
Davidson 70.

Great job guys!!!!!
B'moreOrioles no está en línea  
Old March 15th, 2007, 11:40 PM   #1958
StevenW
Born in Baltimore

Likes (Received): 1602

Old March 16th, 2007, 12:05 AM   #1959
sdeclue

Likes (Received): 47

Thanks for all the kind words. They really have been gutting Silo Point out as I have seen on my drives to Philly to see my now ex-gf. With me right now, just about everything and anything I see or talk about somehow ties in with her. It's the worst.

Great win for the Terps today!
sdeclue no está en línea  
Old March 16th, 2007, 12:10 AM   #1960
BalWash
BANNED

Location: Bethesda, Maryland (BALTIMORE,MD-WASHINGTON,DC Metro) and Atlanta, GA
Likes (Received): 2

We need a non-development thread or something for sports and girlfriend related discussion.
BalWash no está en línea  

Closed Thread