daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 30th, 2016, 10:05 AM   #1081
yapcross

Likes (Received): 631

from the mexican forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memo840 View Post
La nueva autopista de cuota Marquesa-Toluca, creo cobraban 48 pesos, no recuerdo bien. Pase por ahi este viernes, algunas de ida y otras de regreso

Las subi al reves por lo que veo, asi que primero el regreso de Toluca al DF
20160826_122530 by marlborosmokingteam, en Flickr

20160826_122410 by marlborosmokingteam, en Flickr

20160826_122357 by marlborosmokingteam, en Flickr

20160826_122246 by marlborosmokingteam, en Flickr

20160826_104016 by marlborosmokingteam, en Flickr

Del DF a Toluca
20160826_103849 by marlborosmokingteam, en Flickr

20160826_103840 by marlborosmokingteam, en Flickr

20160826_103811 by marlborosmokingteam, en Flickr

20160826_103736 by marlborosmokingteam, en Flickr

20160826_103732 by marlborosmokingteam, en Flickr

20160826_103719 by marlborosmokingteam, en Flickr

20160826_103707 by marlborosmokingteam, en Flickr

20160826_103651 by marlborosmokingteam, en Flickr

Sponsored Links
Old October 12th, 2016, 01:12 AM   #1082
jamc92

Likes (Received): 2323

A picture of the first section of newly open "Guadalajara bypass"

Old October 14th, 2016, 09:33 PM   #1083
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19406

Autopista México - Puebla

They inaugurated an expanded stretch of the Autopista México - Puebla yesterday. At first I thought it was the second level through Puebla, but it appears to be a 14 kilometer segment that has been 12-laned from Mexico City to Ixtapaluca.

The stretch from Eje 8 to Circuito Exterior Mexiquense has been expanded to 2x4 lanes for through traffic and 2x2 frontage roads / lateral lanes for local traffic. The frontage roads appears to be partially elevated.

Google Earth from January / February 2016:

Sources: http://www.jornada.unam.mx/ultimas/2...-mexico-puebla and http://www.diariocambio.com.mx/2016/...-mexico-puebla

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

Mr. Pollo, jamc92, The-E-Vid liked this post
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2016, 04:06 PM   #1084
roaddor

Likes (Received): 5501

Guys, is this the most recent map of the Mexican autopistas (supercarreteras in yellow)?

roaddor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2016, 08:37 PM   #1085
jcm_gdl
ASCH-SCHA

Likes (Received): 3465

Google Maps has a very accurate and well updated representation of all the "autopistas" and "supercarreteras"

El Amor es el Regalo Escencial; todo lo demás que se nos da sin merecerlo, se convierte en regalo en virtud del Amor
Santo Tomás de Aquino
jcm_gdl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2016, 04:06 PM   #1086
jamc92

Quote:
Originally Posted by roaddor View Post
Guys, is this the most recent map of the Mexican autopistas (supercarreteras in yellow)?

I can't see the image, maybe re-upload so we can answer your question.
jamc92 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2016, 04:08 PM   #1087
ChrisZwolle
Road user

It probably doesn't allow hotlinking: http://www.mapacarreteras.org/upload...ras-mexico.jpg
Old October 17th, 2016, 04:41 PM   #1088
roaddor

It was visible when I posted it yesterday. OK, second try with another source.

Source
Old October 17th, 2016, 04:45 PM   #1089
ChrisZwolle
Road user

It was only visible to you because the image was in your browser's cache. You can view the image full-size on this forum once you've opened the link.
Old October 17th, 2016, 04:59 PM   #1090
roaddor

Alright, what about the second image? It should be fine now.
Old October 17th, 2016, 05:12 PM   #1091
jamc92

Quote:
Alright, what about the second image? It should be fine now.
Now it is visible,

Yep, that map is fairly accurate, is just a little outdated because it lacks some bypasses and highways upgrades but nothing to worry.

Yellow ones are "autopistas". All of them are A-4 grade, and all of them have at least 4 lanes; as you approach to Mexico City they widen up to 12 lanes. They are in very good shape and can be compared with the American standard. The only drawback is that all of them are toll roads.

roaddor, Mr. Pollo liked this post
jamc92 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2016, 08:30 PM   #1092
roaddor

Thanks, I saw the Pan American highway was passing through San Antonio while it could also enter Mexico directly from El Paso. I was curious to know the longest distance of continuous dual carriageway along the Pan America route. If I am not mistaken this is Beaverlodge (Canada)- Arriaga (Mexico), which is around 6750km.
Old October 18th, 2016, 09:41 PM   #1093
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Puebla

The second level of the autopista through Puebla is being inaugurated at this moment. It is a 13.3 kilometer long elevated highway on top of the existing autopista through the city.

https://www.elsoldepuebla.com.mx/loc...pista-este-dia

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

Mr. Pollo, pai nosso, The-E-Vid liked this post
Old October 20th, 2016, 08:43 PM   #1094
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Morelia

The second stage of the bypass of Morelia, known as the Macrolibramiento de Morelia and Autopista Cuitzeo-Pátzcuaro is being opened as this is posted.

There is even a livestream of the opening ceremony.

Lagunero liked this post
Old October 27th, 2016, 04:55 PM   #1095
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Viaducto Tlalpan, México

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
27 October 2016

A 3 kilometer connection between the Anillo Periférico and the Autopista México - Cuernavaca opened to traffic this morning in Mexico City. It is an elevated highway that connects to the elevated lanes of the Autopista Urbana Sur and the autopista to Cuernavaca and Acapulco. It is also known as the Viaducto Tlalpan.

http://www.gob.mx/sct/articulos/inte...slado?idiom=es
Photos:

FOTO( 7) by SCT México, on Flickr

FOTO (10) by SCT México, on Flickr

FOTO (8) by SCT México, on Flickr

FOTO (3) by SCT México, on Flickr

Mr. Pollo, Gratteciel, pai nosso liked this post
Old October 28th, 2016, 06:59 AM   #1096
zaphod
PRESIDENT OF SPACE

Likes (Received): 1678

Neat. I'm surprised they used those solar powered streetlights for that section of road, since its in the city and there's probably no issue with electricity.

Mexico City's freeway system seems like it has a few missing links. In the same part of the city, there's no direct connection between the grade separated parts of the Circuto Interior and the Periferico. Also there is no way to go from the pereferico to northbound on the toluca-mexico autopista either.

After I'm gone, your earth will be free to live out its miserable span of existence, as one of my satellites, and that's how it's going to be...

Bring me the continuum transfunctioner...

zaphod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2016, 07:10 AM   #1097
hacci
Qué oso contigo wey

Likes (Received): 4337

[MEX] Mexico | road infrastructure • Autopistas y Carreteras

Actually 100% of the bridges that are tollways over the Periferico are powered by solar panels. I guess they try to be ecological or whatever lol. Now, speaking about connection to Toluca, there is thru the Supervia which ends in Santa Fe connecting with the toll road to Toluca. The Circuito Interior has no such thing as this elevated highways.

El que me diga cuántas pelusas se le ven a mis fotos se gana un desayuno conmigo en una taqueria callejera del sur de la Ciudad de México:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

zaphod liked this post
hacci no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2016, 07:29 AM   #1098
Jbte

Likes (Received): 864

Quote:
Thanks, I saw the Pan American highway was passing through San Antonio while it could also enter Mexico directly from El Paso. I was curious to know the longest distance of continuous dual carriageway along the Pan America route. If I am not mistaken this is Beaverlodge (Canada)- Arriaga (Mexico), which is around 6750km.
Well as a dual carriageway (4 lanes), I would say just to Villahermosa, Tabasco, because to Arriaga (as well to Guatemala) you still need to cross 2 lane highway across (A2, two lanes with shoulders), such in Oaxaca and Chiapas states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod View Post
Neat. I'm surprised they used those solar powered streetlights for that section of road, since its in the city and there's probably no issue with electricity.

Mexico City's freeway system seems like it has a few missing links. In the same part of the city, there's no direct connection between the grade separated parts of the Circuto Interior and the Periferico. Also there is no way to go from the pereferico to northbound on the toluca-mexico autopista either.
There have been many proposal of toll elevated highways trough the city to link important highways to neighbor cities and inner venues, now with this one, you can travel (almost) from Mexico City-Querataro highway directly to the Mexico-City Cuernavaca using entirely the toll elevated highway, so this avoid the nasty traffic of the city and police looking for "no circula (no car use day)" violators among other benefits.

Still missing the links to Mexico City-Puebla (planning) and a link to the new int. airport, which soon an elevated toll highway network will be built to serve the entire city, which its similar to urban toll highways used in Tokyo, Japan.

Currently to get from Mexico City to Toluca, you either detour to the Super via (southwest of the city) or traverse local streets with stoplights and some slums which somehow its faster if you come from downtown or north side of the city rather than going south to take super via, but in a future it'll get easier by a new elevated highway proposed... but many neighbors in the area opposes to any new implementation of transport in the area (even the suburban subway line, which is under construction)

The elevated highways has caused huge controversy due this serves only to few people with money and cars to move, most of the people will continue to suffer traffic jams and lack of public transport options.

zaphod liked this post
Jbte no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2016, 02:49 PM   #1099
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Are there plans to convert the eastern part of the Anillo Periférico into a freeway? There is some limited grade-separation now, but most of it has traffic lights, or are frontage roads with U-turns.

I also wonder if it makes sense to build an 'Arco Sur' that would run from Toluca via Cuernavaca to Puebla. There is no good bypass on the south/southwest side of Mexico City.
Old October 28th, 2016, 08:10 PM   #1100
The-E-Vid
Politically Incorrect

Likes (Received): 794

The new airport could bring more development in regard the eastern roads of the City and in the future that could turn the whole Anillo into a freeway, like it should've been since it's opening.. but we should't expect that much yet.
I read somewhere that the Arco Norte was part of a planed whole Ring to include the southern section in the future, but I thing was only a rumour.

ChrisZwolle, are you from Mexico?

Last edited by The-E-Vid; October 28th, 2016 at 08:15 PM.
The-E-Vid no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autopista, carretera, guadalajara, highways, méxico, mexico city, motorways