daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Rate Our Talls > Rate Our Skylines

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: rate Dubai
10 638 34.32%
9.5 162 8.71%
9 214 11.51%
8.5 108 5.81%
8 150 8.07%
7.5 77 4.14%
7 80 4.30%
6.5 31 1.67%
6 44 2.37%
5.5 24 1.29%
5 47 2.53%
4.5 15 0.81%
4 25 1.34%
3.5 32 1.72%
3 and below 212 11.40%
Voters: 1859. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 14th, 2011, 01:03 AM   #1021
whitefordj
Toon Town bandit

Likes (Received): 11

desert drivers night shots are the best. keep them coming.
whitefordj no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 14th, 2011, 01:15 AM   #1022
whitefordj
Toon Town bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rose1 View Post
I will accurately judge every city on Earth except Dubai. I think Abu Dhabi is fine! It's a legitimate city, Dubai is not!
what do you mean exactly, by what measure are you using when you make this obviously inaccurate statement?" Not a legitimate city" like is there some type of population point in the UAE's that says you need to have over 2.5 million population before you become a city over there, or you need to have over 7000 square kms of area covered before you are considered a real city in the UAE's. or is this just some hokey idea that you came up with? "If royal rose dont consider you a real city, well then your not a real city then are you." you must really consider yourself to be true royalty to think you have the authority to decide what a legitimate city is the world over. common we around here have all herd this un educated crap before. give us a break k. Dubai is just as much a city as New York of Paris are cities. jeesh will the redundancy of some peoples opinions never end.

fact is Dubai is not only a real to life city, but its without doubt one of the worlds finest examples of a modern 21st century city.
Old December 14th, 2011, 01:21 AM   #1023
whitefordj
Toon Town bandit

Quote:
I will accurately judge every city on Earth except Dubai. I think Abu Dhabi is fine! It's a legitimate city, Dubai is not!
the city you are from is most likely so unimportant and embarrassing that you yourself haven't the balls to post it on your avatar info. where ever you are from must be chalk full of ugly old bridges because you are definitely a troll and we all now where they live, under bridges. so why not go back to that ugly little bridge town of yours and leave the real cities to the humans. i kid i kid. lol
Old December 14th, 2011, 01:51 AM   #1024
royal rose1

Likes (Received): 257

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitefordj View Post
what do you mean exactly, by what measure are you using when you make this obviously inaccurate statement?" Not a legitimate city" like is there some type of population point in the UAE's that says you need to have over 2.5 million population before you become a city over there, or you need to have over 7000 square kms of area covered before you are considered a real city in the UAE's. or is this just some hokey idea that you came up with? "If royal rose dont consider you a real city, well then your not a real city then are you." you must really consider yourself to be true royalty to think you have the authority to decide what a legitimate city is the world over. common we around here have all herd this un educated crap before. give us a break k. Dubai is just as much a city as New York of Paris are cities. jeesh will the redundancy of some peoples opinions never end.

fact is Dubai is not only a real to life city, but its without doubt one of the worlds finest examples of a modern 21st century city.
I've lived the majority of my life in Frankfurt, so if you think that isn't a real city, be my guest! haha, I have no problem with you calling Frankfurt a fake city!
But a city that 20 years ago was a desert, a city that 20 years ago hardly existed, then a guy got scared and said "oh no we are running out of oil, let's commission skyscrapers to supplement a real city" and poof there it came. The fact is outside of the financial district office vacancy rates are higher than in Detroit. Dubai is an illusion of a real city, it's no more authentic than disneyland.

And I don't consider myself royalty at all! It's just my own opinion, oh wait, in Dubai I wouldn't be allowed to have or post my opinion, that's right.
royal rose1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2011, 03:02 AM   #1025
Raggi01

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
I've lived the majority of my life in Frankfurt, so if you think that isn't a real city, be my guest! haha, I have no problem with you calling Frankfurt a fake city!
But a city that 20 years ago was a desert, a city that 20 years ago hardly existed, then a guy got scared and said "oh no we are running out of oil, let's commission skyscrapers to supplement a real city" and poof there it came. The fact is outside of the financial district office vacancy rates are higher than in Detroit. Dubai is an illusion of a real city, it's no more authentic than disneyland.

And I don't consider myself royalty at all! It's just my own opinion, oh wait, in Dubai I wouldn't be allowed to have or post my opinion, that's right.
I hate these people like you who call dubai a lifeless city. Please visit the city and tell me its lifeless. Dubai is a lively city that is bustling and constantly changing. An illusion of a real city? I live in dubai and its as real as new york, frankfurt and Shanghai. Your statements are invalid and really make you look arrogant. Dubai is one of the greatest cities in the world and I don't know why that is so hard for you to swallow.

Last edited by Raggi01; December 14th, 2011 at 03:09 AM.
Raggi01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2011, 03:54 AM   #1026
royal rose1

Likes (Received): 257

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggi01 View Post
I hate these people like you who call dubai a lifeless city. Please visit the city and tell me its lifeless. Dubai is a lively city that is bustling and constantly changing. An illusion of a real city? I live in dubai and its as real as new york, frankfurt and Shanghai. Your statements are invalid and really make you look arrogant. Dubai is one of the greatest cities in the world and I don't know why that is so hard for you to swallow.
I never claimed it was a lifeless city. I said it's vacancy rates were high. And I'm arrogant? No, you sir are arrogant, you live in a city that treats its construction workers, the people who build the city, like slaves, you live in a city where you are jailed if you are in debt, you live in a city where people were jailed for kissing in public. Dubai may be a great city for some! I'll grant you that, but I don't like it, and I voiced my opinion. Now calling me arrogant is uncalled for! Because my opinion differs from yours I'm arrogant?

Dubai wouldn't be there if it didn't have oil to exploit. That's why it is a fake city. When Dubai scales back its construction and lives within its means, then I will acknowledge it as a great city. But while cranes stand still because people went crazy thinking Dubai was the promised land, and while vacancy rates are sky-high in a 10 year old city, I will not cast a good light on Dubai.

http://fulgerica.com/en/2008/06/25/t...ticular-order/
http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion...xpires_in=4974
royal rose1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2011, 06:29 PM   #1027
Dandoon
Emarati

Likes (Received): 13

Anyway
back to topic

Marina skyline by Desert Diver

ExCaliBourBG liked this post
Dandoon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2011, 10:49 PM   #1028
tim1807
faster than buildings

Likes (Received): 5334

8,5/10
tim1807 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2011, 12:35 AM   #1029
Raggi01

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
I never claimed it was a lifeless city. I said it's vacancy rates were high. And I'm arrogant? No, you sir are arrogant, you live in a city that treats its construction workers, the people who build the city, like slaves, you live in a city where you are jailed if you are in debt, you live in a city where people were jailed for kissing in public. Dubai may be a great city for some! I'll grant you that, but I don't like it, and I voiced my opinion. Now calling me arrogant is uncalled for! Because my opinion differs from yours I'm arrogant?

Dubai wouldn't be there if it didn't have oil to exploit. That's why it is a fake city. When Dubai scales back its construction and lives within its means, then I will acknowledge it as a great city. But while cranes stand still because people went crazy thinking Dubai was the promised land, and while vacancy rates are sky-high in a 10 year old city, I will not cast a good light on Dubai.

http://fulgerica.com/en/2008/06/25/t...ticular-order/
http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion...xpires_in=4974
People who run up their credit cards and KNOW they can't pay them is wrong and I fully agree with jailining them, that's next to stealing because you know you're never gonna be able to pay that off. People in small debts aren't jailed.. And about the kissing part, thats part of islam. They were jailed because that is not allowed in the religion. If you're going to visit a country, respect its laws and people.
Raggi01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2011, 10:03 AM   #1030
ErnCas
Urban future for me!

Likes (Received): 6

The skyline grows from the biggest skyscraper construction endeavor in humanity's history. The towers are tall and modern, technology-cutting edge. However, the skyline lacks touch, the streets lack pedestrian friendliness, and architeturally speaking, the skyline lacks diversity.
Dubai has a very large skyline, but it is too spread out. I wonder if the towers will gracefully age... 7.5.
Old December 16th, 2011, 05:27 PM   #1031
Kohen_Heim32
BANNED

Likes (Received): 5

10/10 for the sky-high skyline.. :wink:
Kohen_Heim32 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2011, 10:30 PM   #1032
Dandoon
Emarati

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
Old December 21st, 2011, 11:41 AM   #1033
Dandoon
Emarati

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
Old December 21st, 2011, 11:44 AM   #1034
RaySthlm
BANNED

Likes (Received): 50

it is pretty amazing that a city with around 1.5 million people can have so many and so tall skyscrapers. Who are going to fill in all those office and residential supplies? Seems kinda like this city is building stuff just for fun.

Anyway, amazing buildings.
RaySthlm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2011, 04:00 PM   #1035
Uaarkson
Sheet Metal Sketcher

Likes (Received): 1034

Now that the real estate boom is dead, Dubai should focus on urbanizing. It could be one of the most beautiful cities in the world with proper direction.
Old December 21st, 2011, 09:47 PM   #1036
SkyCA

Likes (Received): 2514

Nice pics.
SkyCA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2011, 05:37 AM   #1037
SydneyCity

Likes (Received): 202

Amazing skyline, but would never live there though.

It's a 21st century digital city, it don't know to live, but it's got a lot of toys! (lame parody of a Bad Religion song in case you're wondering what that sentance meant)
Old December 22nd, 2011, 12:00 PM   #1038
Dubai_Boy
I love Abu Dhabi.

Likes (Received): 2439

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyCity View Post
(lame)
I agree
Old December 22nd, 2011, 02:37 PM   #1039
Rodrigo Santoro
BANNED

Likes (Received): 9

I'm going there next month... cant wait... just a little nervous because I've never been out of the EU... ... anyone got advice on the do's n don'ts?... I don't want to be disrespectful to a culture that is different then mine... I've heard horror stories but I'm not sure if they are true or not...
Rodrigo Santoro no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2011, 03:31 PM   #1040
Lion007
Lion007

Likes (Received): 9070

Great skyline.
Lion007 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
dubai, u.a.e.