daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old February 12th, 2010, 10:13 AM   #501
Muttie
Registered User
 
Muttie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Rotterdam - Nador - Tangier
Posts: 4,085
Likes (Received): 1348

Damn! Those are some nice pictures. The project is huge, looks great.
Muttie no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 12th, 2010, 11:35 AM   #502
madao
Registered User
 
madao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 965
Likes (Received): 210

Woww Great Pictures thanks
madao no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2010, 09:31 PM   #503
domtoren
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Utrecht
Posts: 2,406
Likes (Received): 1212

CYCLING ON THE MOTORWAY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madao View Post
Is cycling on the motorway permitted in Morocco? Even here in Holland it's forbidden and if police sees you you'd get a hefty fine.
By the way, is there a trail or pistas network for camel caravans in Morocco?
domtoren no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2010, 09:34 PM   #504
Tomb Raider
Adventurer
 
Tomb Raider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,671
Likes (Received): 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by domtoren View Post
Is cycling on the motorway permitted in Morocco? Even here in Holland it's forbidden and if police sees you you'd get a hefty fine.
By the way, is there a trail or pistas network for camel caravans in Morocco?
No it's not because it is dangerous not even for mopeds, but you know, some people do not respect unfortunately
__________________
The Higher are ; The Better They Are ...
Tomb Raider no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2010, 11:07 PM   #505
Muttie
Registered User
 
Muttie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Rotterdam - Nador - Tangier
Posts: 4,085
Likes (Received): 1348

Quote:
Originally Posted by domtoren View Post
Is cycling on the motorway permitted in Morocco? Even here in Holland it's forbidden and if police sees you you'd get a hefty fine.
By the way, is there a trail or pistas network for camel caravans in Morocco?
No. The photo was taken when the road wasn't officialy open. But some locals already used it by car and by bike Anyhow, you get a fine and prolly a kick in the nuts if an officer finds you cycling on the highway.
Muttie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2010, 01:45 AM   #506
entreact333
Registered User
 
entreact333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: safi / Fayetteville NC
Posts: 569
Likes (Received): 11


maybe one of the workers in that highway
__________________
entreact333
قولوا العام زين
entreact333 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2010, 10:05 PM   #507
Slaoui
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Paris
Posts: 7,868
Likes (Received): 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muttie View Post
No. The photo was taken when the road wasn't officialy open. But some locals already used it by car and by bike Anyhow, you get a fine and prolly a kick in the nuts if an officer finds you cycling on the highway.
Yep
Slaoui no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2010, 10:00 AM   #508
Muttie
Registered User
 
Muttie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Rotterdam - Nador - Tangier
Posts: 4,085
Likes (Received): 1348

A7 towards Marrakech

image hosted on flickr
Muttie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2010, 06:31 PM   #509
Muttie
Registered User
 
Muttie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Rotterdam - Nador - Tangier
Posts: 4,085
Likes (Received): 1348

A7

Muttie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2010, 08:05 PM   #510
Muttie
Registered User
 
Muttie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Rotterdam - Nador - Tangier
Posts: 4,085
Likes (Received): 1348

A4

[IMG]http://i47.************/2vrzq87.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i47.************/j7gbo2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i49.************/majlp3.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i50.************/119z67t.jpg[/IMG]
Muttie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2010, 08:08 PM   #511
Gadiri
Registered User
 
Gadiri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Paris-Agadir-Guelmim
Posts: 52,723
Likes (Received): 6980

Thank you Muttie.
Gadiri no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2010, 06:31 PM   #512
Muttie
Registered User
 
Muttie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Rotterdam - Nador - Tangier
Posts: 4,085
Likes (Received): 1348

[IMG]http://i46.************/5ze747.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i47.************/2qv7a7p.jpg[/IMG]
Muttie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2010, 01:14 AM   #513
Uppsala
Registered User
 
Uppsala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Uppsala, S, Europe
Posts: 654
Likes (Received): 53

The motorways in Morocco are really nice. They looks very European and they are like a south end of European motorways. Morocco have infrastructure in a very European style. I like that

But I miss one thing on the Moroccan motorways. They don’t have any exit-numbers at the junctions. Is it any plans to have exit-numbers at the Moroccan motorways like we have in many countries here in Europe?

Last edited by Uppsala; March 1st, 2010 at 04:02 AM.
Uppsala no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2010, 09:01 AM   #514
Gadiri
Registered User
 
Gadiri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Paris-Agadir-Guelmim
Posts: 52,723
Likes (Received): 6980

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uppsala View Post
The motorways in Morocco are really nice. They looks very European and they are like a south end of European motorways. Morocco have infrastructure in a very European style. I like that

But I miss one thing on the Moroccan motorways. They don’t have any exit-numbers at the junctions. Is it any plans to have exit-numbers at the Moroccan motorways like we have in many countries here in Europe?
Morocco is a member of ASECAP.

ASECAP is the European professional Association of operators of toll road infrastructures. It gathers and represents 17 Full Members (France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Norway, Austria, Hungary, Croatia, Serbia, Belgium, The Netherlands, the United Kingdom, Poland, Denmark, Slovenia and Ireland) and 4 Associate members (Germany, Morocco, the Slovak Republic and the Czech Republic).
http://www.asecap.com/english/index.html

We have exits all 30 kilometers approximatively (sometimes less 10km for Tanger-med or Fnideq-Tetouan highway and sometimes more 40km for south highway), because we have toll's motorway. The difference is like autovia (free) and autopista (toll) in Spain.

But when there is a necessity, we built new exit to accompagne urban sprawl and big project like this one between Rabat and Kenitra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redalinho View Post
Gadiri no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2010, 09:21 AM   #515
Gadiri
Registered User
 
Gadiri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Paris-Agadir-Guelmim
Posts: 52,723
Likes (Received): 6980

Highway traffic for 2009. Sorry, this in french. English section of ADM website is under construction.http://www.adm.co.ma/en/

Evolution du trafic autoroutier pendant l’année 2009


Date: 20/02/2010
Source: ADM

Au cours de l’année 2009, la circulation sur autoroutes a augmenté de 10.9% par rapport à l’année 2008, dépassant 11 millions de véhicules.km par jour. La croissance du trafic des véhicules légers est de 12,5% contre 10,7% pour le trafic des poids lourds. Le trafic autoroutier s’inscrit sur un chemin de forte croissance depuis plusieurs années et avait déjà connu, en 2008, une évolution de 12.7% par rapport à 2007. Le tableau suivant donne les trafics enregistrés en 2009 par axe et leur comparaison à l’année 2008.


http://www.adm.co.ma/news.cfm?id=46

In red highways opened or as soon opened (2010 Marrakech-Agadir and 2011 Fes-Oujda) and in blue higway programmed for 2012-2015.

2011 1500km
2015 1875 km
[IMG]http://i44.************/bhxdvo.jpg[/IMG]
Gadiri no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2010, 05:57 PM   #516
Slaoui
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Paris
Posts: 7,868
Likes (Received): 31

We are the only african member of ASECAP.
That's because we have the biggest highway network in africa after SA
We have some projects like : hotels/offices, securised parking for trucks, system for traffic control so the best is comming
Slaoui no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2010, 06:03 PM   #517
D K
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 5,711
Likes (Received): 2665

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadiri View Post
Morocco is a member of ASECAP.

ASECAP is the European professional Association of operators of toll road infrastructures. It gathers and represents 17 Full Members (France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Norway, Austria, Hungary, Croatia, Serbia, Belgium, The Netherlands, the United Kingdom, Poland, Denmark, Slovenia and Ireland) and 4 Associate members (Germany, Morocco, the Slovak Republic and the Czech Republic).
http://www.asecap.com/english/index.html

We have exits all 30 kilometers approximatively (sometimes less 10km for Tanger-med or Fnideq-Tetouan highway and sometimes more 40km for south highway), because we have toll's motorway. The difference is like autovia (free) and autopista (toll) in Spain.

But when there is a necessity, we built new exit to accompagne urban sprawl and big project like this one between Rabat and Kenitra.

Wow thanks for the map! I did not know about this exit!
D K no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2010, 06:11 PM   #518
Muttie
Registered User
 
Muttie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Rotterdam - Nador - Tangier
Posts: 4,085
Likes (Received): 1348

Source Google:







Muttie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2010, 09:58 PM   #519
Muttie
Registered User
 
Muttie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Rotterdam - Nador - Tangier
Posts: 4,085
Likes (Received): 1348

Truck with gas bottles caught fire:

Muttie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2010, 04:16 AM   #520
Morsue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 1,282
Likes (Received): 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muttie View Post
Truck with gas bottles caught fire:

Those people are way too close to those exploding cannisters.
Morsue no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
highways, morocco, motorways

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium