daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 17th, 2015, 01:47 PM   #921
geogregor

Likes (Received): 19164

Are there any (even long distance) plans for improving roads crossing the Atlas Mountains. I was travelling last year from Marrakesh to Ouarzazate and the main road is narrow and dangerous.

Of course terrain is challenging (to say the least) so it doesn't have to be full blown motorway but some improvements (climbing lanes here and there, passing places, maybe tunnel or two) would be nice.

And roads on the outskirts of Marrakeh definitely warrant dualling to deal with the suburban traffic (anything from the shiny new cars to tractors and animal carts)
geogregor no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 18th, 2015, 12:32 AM   #922
The-s

Likes (Received): 6412

The road going from Marrakech to Ouarzazate is under enlargement to be an 2x2 road (maybe it will even go further to Zagora).
RN9 | MARRAKECH - OUARZAZATE - ZAGORA | Expressway 2*2 (41km) | 3ème voie col Tichka (28km) | 175 km | 2 MMDH | #U-C

There is also a planned highway - long term maybe - that will go from Marrakech to Beni Mellal.
The-s no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2015, 12:44 AM   #923
Lopetegui
BANNED

Likes (Received): 5

great
Lopetegui no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2015, 01:11 PM   #924
geogregor

Likes (Received): 19164

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-s View Post
The road going from Marrakech to Ouarzazate is under enlargement to be an 2x2 road (maybe it will even go further to Zagora).
RN9 | MARRAKECH - OUARZAZATE - ZAGORA | Expressway 2*2 (41km) | 3ème voie col Tichka (28km) | 175 km | 2 MMDH | #U-C

There is also a planned highway - long term maybe - that will go from Marrakech to Beni Mellal.
Any more details?
What's the timeline of the project?
Or is it just vague idea: "we will build highway there one day"

Sorry but I don't speak much French to check the link
geogregor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2015, 01:01 PM   #925
The-s

@geogregor: Sorry, not much info about it, this highway is planned by ADM, according to a recent article in Moroccan press, along with other highway projects, such as :

Agadir-Guelmim | Safi- Marrakech | Guercif-Nador | Meknès-Fès –Tétouan-Tanger | Fès-Taounate-Taza.

The article in French : Media24. (Google translate may help)
Old May 25th, 2015, 03:02 PM   #926
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Quote:
@geogregor: Sorry, not much info about it, this highway is planned by ADM, according to a recent article in Moroccan press, along with other highway projects, such as :

Agadir-Guelmim | Safi- Marrakech | Guercif-Nador | Meknès-Fès –Tétouan-Tanger | Fès-Taounate-Taza.

The article in French : Media24. (Google translate may help)
I'm also interested in more detail. Will the road have motorway/expressway standard (carriageways with each 2 lanes, grade-separated and access-controlled)?

Google Translate does not help because I cannot copy the text .

Quote:
If I got it right, only 41km will feature 2x2 lanes? And it should be already u/c (when have works began?)!?

What does "3ème voie col Tichka (28km)" mean, 2+1? What's about the remaining 106km (175km - 41km - 28km)?

Sorry, I don't want to translate the entire thread and try to figure out the details.

I "need" the info because I'd like to add it to the list (see link in my signature) if it fulfills motorway/expressway standard .

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2015, 11:09 PM   #927
The-s

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
I'm also interested in more detail. Will the road have motorway/expressway standard (carriageways with each 2 lanes, grade-separated and access-controlled)?

Google Translate does not help because I cannot copy the text .
They are planned to be futur motorways. (I wasn't precise by calling them "highways")

Quote:
If I got it right, only 41km will feature 2x2 lanes? And it should be already u/c (when have works began?)!?

What does "3ème voie col Tichka (28km)" mean, 2+1? What's about the remaining 106km (175km - 41km - 28km)?

Sorry, I don't want to translate the entire thread and try to figure out the details.

I "need" the info because I'd like to add it to the list (see link in my signature) if it fulfills motorway/expressway standard .
It means the following :
  • The expressway will concern only 41 km, starting from Marrakech and Ouarzazate. (I was wrong in my old post)
  • "3éme voie" means: 3rd lane for heavy vehicles, it will concern 28 km of the "Tizi n Tichka" pass.
  • I think that the remaining 175 km, will be just for road reamenagement.

Hoping that will help you.

MichiH liked this post
Old May 28th, 2015, 11:23 PM   #928
MichiH

Quote:
The expressway will concern only 41 km, starting from Marrakech and Ouarzazate. (I was wrong in my old post)
Thanks . Is this section currently under construction? When have works began, is there any estimated completion date? Is it divided to more than one section, that means, will it be opened at once or step by step in segments?

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
Old May 28th, 2015, 11:39 PM   #929
The-s

You're welcome, The whole project has been launched in October 2014, but the construction of the enlargement not yet.
The Call for bids for the enlargement has been launched in January 2015 (limit date, was: 19/02/2015).

Sorry, no more information.

MichiH liked this post
Old May 29th, 2015, 12:07 AM   #930
The-s

By "The whole project has been launched in October 2014" I meant, the first phase of the project, which concern essentially the Tizi n Tichka pass.
Old May 31st, 2015, 02:37 PM   #931
MichiH

Quote:
They are planned to be futur motorways.
  • The expressway will concern only 41 km, starting from Marrakech and Ouarzazate. (I was wrong in my old post)
  • "3éme voie" means: 3rd lane for heavy vehicles, it will concern 28 km of the "Tizi n Tichka" pass.
  • I think that the remaining 175 km, will be just for road reamenagement
Quote:
You're welcome, The whole project has been launched in October 2014, but the construction of the enlargement not yet.
The Call for bids for the enlargement has been launched in January 2015 (limit date, was: 19/02/2015).

Sorry, no more information.
Quote:
By "The whole project has been launched in October 2014" I meant, the first phase of the project, which concern essentially the Tizi n Tichka pass.
If I got it right, there are two planned RN9 expressway sections. One section is east of Marrakech (map), the other section is west of Ouarzazate (map). The total length of future 2x2 sections is 41km. First, construction of 2+1 widening of 28km RN9 near "Tizi n Tichka" (map) will be done. The tender procedure began in October 2014.

Please keep as up-to-date when works will begin etcetera. RN9 and any other project .

The-s liked this post
Old May 31st, 2015, 03:50 PM   #932
The-s

Indeed, you got it right! I'll for sure post updates here

MichiH liked this post
Old June 28th, 2015, 07:59 PM   #933
The-s

According to this newspaper, the Bypass of rabat with its cable-stayed bridge is achieved :

Quote:
Le Conseil d'Administration a été aussi informé de l'état d'avancement dans la réalisation des autres tronçons autoroutiers, à savoir Safi-Jadida et Contournement de Rabat avec son pont à haubans qui est déjà achevé, ajoute-on.
Source: http://www.lavieeco.com/news/actuali...015-34389.html

Picture of the bridge when it was still UC: (those are the most recent that we got)

Photo source: Menara.ma leconomiste

googlebot.com, BlackC, Marokino, pai nosso liked this post
Old June 28th, 2015, 08:56 PM   #934
BlackC
BANNED

Likes (Received): 908

Looks neat. This is something I have been waiting for since the first day I passed the valley there.
Every summer you lose 1 hour or more easily with all the traffic lights and slow trucks who cant climb the hills to get out of the valley.

This will mean a very big improvement over the classic route, I just wish they could work faster lol.

The-s, Marokino liked this post
BlackC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2015, 04:50 AM   #935
The-s

The Berrechid - Beni Mellal highway (central Morocco) is experiencing a new sing script (a first, in the motorways of Morocco),
The ADM is using only Tifinagh and Arabic script. Those script will only appear on 2500m distance signs and will not replaced the Latin script.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brahimweldl7aja View Post

Genbank liked this post
Old June 29th, 2015, 04:52 AM   #936
The-s

The Berrechid - Beni Mellal highway is nearly completed, here are some recent photos :

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdek View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by abdek View Post
Old July 16th, 2015, 09:06 PM   #937
The-s

The Berrechid - Beni Mellal Motorway is now operational and it will be free for use during one month.

News in french: http://www.medias24.com/ECONOMIE/ECO...Khouribga.html
Old July 16th, 2015, 10:16 PM   #938
MichiH

Quote:
According to this newspaper, the Bypass of rabat with its cable-stayed bridge is achieved :
Source: http://www.lavieeco.com/news/actuali...015-34389.html
If I got it right, it's this section?

A3: Sale El Jadida – Skhirat (A3) 36.0km (2010 to Late 2015) – ? – map

The bridge is completed but the road is not yet in service!?

Quote:
The Berrechid - Beni Mellal Motorway is now operational and it will be free for use during one month.

News in french: http://www.medias24.com/ECONOMIE/ECO...Khouribga.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahimweldl7aja View Post
Adm chose 4 as the number for the berrechid khouribga motorway (screenshot) (A4 berrechid beni mellal motorway Thread) the remaining segment is dut to open in july next year according to a sscm forumer who works for the national motorway company ADM
It was called A11, A4, but it seems to be numbered A8 now, e.g. on OSM or Google Maps and in the title of the SSC thread. Can anyone confirm the numbering?

Old July 17th, 2015, 05:19 AM   #939
The-s

Quote:
If I got it right, it's this section?

A3: Sale El Jadida – Skhirat (A3) 36.0km (2010 to Late 2015) – ? – map

The bridge is completed but the road is not yet in service!?
It appears so, yes.

Quote:
It was called A11, A4, but it seems to be numbered A8 now, e.g. on OSM or Google Maps and in the title of the SSC thread. Can anyone confirm the numbering?
I saw the "A8" used also in a moroccan newspaper, Maybe it's the official name.

MichiH liked this post
Old October 6th, 2015, 10:54 PM   #940
Iazzouzi
BANNED

Likes (Received): 4601

Maroc
by Moebius Photography, sur Flickr
Iazzouzi no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, morocco, motorways