daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 22nd, 2008, 11:48 AM   #121
Casawi

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriszwolle View Post
What is the difference between Blue and Green signs?
Normally, you will only see the Blue signs on highways or as signs that directs you to a highway. A Green sign means you are leaving the highway. (I think )
Casawi no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 22nd, 2008, 12:49 PM   #122
Morsue

Likes (Received): 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casawi View Post
Normally, you will only see the Blue signs on highways or as signs that directs you to a highway. A Green sign means you are leaving the highway. (I think )
Well actually there isn't any real commonality yet. The signage in Morocco has been subject to change a lot since the early 90s. I think that the idea is that green signs are indicators towards expressways that aren't up to autoroute standards.

For example, at the junction between A3 and A5 just west of Mohammedia the blue signs point towards the Casablanca bypass, which is signed as a motorway/autoroute. The green signs point toward the Casablanca urban expressway which isn't signed as a motorway. Then again, I think that there are green signs at some exits on the A3 Casablanca-Rabat.

If you are outside the motorway network, then following a blue sign will usually take you to a motorway. If you are on the network, blue signs are posted both towards exits and along the route. It's quite ambigous actually. They need to set some standards.

In 1998 when the first section of the Rabat-Fes motorway opened they started using a different, lighter shade of blue than previously used. The old shade is now only used on the Rabat-Larache stretch of the A1 to Tanger.
Morsue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2008, 01:19 PM   #123
Morsue

Here's a little report on the newest stretch of motorway in Morocco. Opened on March 25th the A8 connects the new megaport of Tanger Med to the A1 just south of that city. It helps if you understand French.

http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x4uwqn&v3=1&related=1
Old April 22nd, 2008, 01:34 PM   #124
madao

Likes (Received): 210

nice nice you know what they must do build a highway between larache and tetouan that road is freakin dangerous in 2006 we past there by to go to sebta and it was horrible trucks couldn't climb the road road accidents i saw some tourists with caravan shaking on that road it wasn't a nice experience
madao no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2008, 12:10 PM   #125
Casawi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsue View Post
Well actually there isn't any real commonality yet. The signage in Morocco has been subject to change a lot since the early 90s. I think that the idea is that green signs are indicators towards expressways that aren't up to autoroute standards.

For example, at the junction between A3 and A5 just west of Mohammedia the blue signs point towards the Casablanca bypass, which is signed as a motorway/autoroute. The green signs point toward the Casablanca urban expressway which isn't signed as a motorway. Then again, I think that there are green signs at some exits on the A3 Casablanca-Rabat.

If you are outside the motorway network, then following a blue sign will usually take you to a motorway. If you are on the network, blue signs are posted both towards exits and along the route. It's quite ambigous actually. They need to set some standards.

In 1998 when the first section of the Rabat-Fes motorway opened they started using a different, lighter shade of blue than previously used. The old shade is now only used on the Rabat-Larache stretch of the A1 to Tanger.
So, my explaination wasn't that bad.. but I realize now that it's more complicated than I thought. It sounds like they haven't still figured out what to do.
Old April 27th, 2008, 12:22 PM   #126
Casawi

Quote:
Originally Posted by madao View Post
nice nice you know what they must do build a highway between larache and tetouan that road is freakin dangerous in 2006 we past there by to go to sebta and it was horrible trucks couldn't climb the road road accidents i saw some tourists with caravan shaking on that road it wasn't a nice experience
hé, we had the same experience in that year. We passed that road late in the evening.. It felt like we already travelled two days before we got in Tetouan Since then I decided not to take the ferry from sebta anymore, at least not at night, because that road is too dangerous.

Maybe a highway is not a neccesity on this part, but better maintenance, better signs, more light, and 2x2 at some (dangerous) parts would make a hell of a difference..
Old April 28th, 2008, 01:06 AM   #127
madao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casawi View Post
hé, we had the same experience in that year. We passed that road late in the evening.. It felt like we already travelled two days before we got in Tetouan Since then I decided not to take the ferry from sebta anymore, at least not at night, because that road is too dangerous.

Maybe a highway is not a neccesity on this part, but better maintenance, better signs, more light, and 2x2 at some (dangerous) parts would make a hell of a difference..
yeah indeed but they have that system there i dont know whats the name of it
roads who go up the mountain have two lains en the once going down 1 lane
Old April 28th, 2008, 03:54 PM   #128
Morsue

Are you talking about the RN2 between Tanger and Tetouan or the road from Sidi El Yamani past Dar Chaoui? The RN2 is becoming a 2x2 road and if you want to avoid the road past Dar Chaoui you can take the A1 to Tanger and then the A8 to Mellousa (first exit on the road to Tanger Med). It's a few kms longer but much more safe.

Btw, the ADM site for calls on offers is very good if you want to know what's going on. Besides the Rabat motorway bypass and the Berrechid-Beni Mellal motorway there is now information that there will be a motorway from Tit Mellil on the A5 to the A7 at Berrechid. I saw it in an old map from the Ministère de l'Equipment. I thought the project was dead but apparently it isn't. I think it's the road that passes by Mediouna on the picture below.

Berrechid will become a real motorway focal point in Morocco.

Old May 10th, 2008, 06:17 PM   #129
Slaoui
BANNED

Likes (Received): 31

Slaoui no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2008, 08:22 PM   #130
Slaoui
BANNED

Likes (Received): 31

Le FAD finance un tronçon de l’autoroute Fès-Oujda pour 50 millions de dollars

La Société nationale des autoroutes du Maroc a signé, lundi à Abou Dhabi, un accord de prêt avec le Fonds d’Abou Dhabi pour le développement d’un montant de 50 millions de dollars pour le financement de la construction du tronçon Oued Inaouen-Taza de l’autoroute Fès-Oujda.

Ce tronçon de 16 km fait partie de l’autoroute qui reliera les villes de Fès et Taza et dont les travaux de construction ont été lancés en janvier et s’achèveront en 2010.
Le projet de l’autoroute Fès-Oujda (380 km), est la dernière étape du Plan national visant à construire 1.500 km des autoroutes à l’horizon 2010. Ce projet, qui constitue le prolongement de l’axe Rabat-Meknès-Fès, contribuera au développement économique et touristique de la ville d’Oujda et de toutes les régions qu’il traverse.
Slaoui no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2008, 12:09 PM   #131
Muttie

Likes (Received): 1348

Major Expressway Casablanca:

(By Bronson Dersey)
image hosted on flickr
Muttie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2008, 04:10 PM   #132
Morsue

That's the Route de la Mecque (Mecca Road). I wouldn't call it a major expressway. The road on the viaduct at the end of the picture however is he arterial Casablanca expressway.
Old May 30th, 2008, 08:09 PM   #133
Muttie

Old June 3rd, 2008, 07:23 PM   #134
Muttie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwert View Post
Breathtaking pictures. It's a pity they are not bigger.
Specially for you i mailed the photographer and asked whether he still had the bigger version of these pictures, and voila:

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
Old June 3rd, 2008, 07:28 PM   #135
Muttie

Okey, uhm forum has gone mad...

Last edited by Muttie; June 3rd, 2008 at 07:34 PM.
Old June 3rd, 2008, 07:33 PM   #136
Muttie

I asked the photographer whether he could upload bigger versions of his pictures, and so he did:

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
Old June 3rd, 2008, 08:31 PM   #137
Morsue

Crashbarriers are soooo shiny!

Are there any versions of these pictures with even higher resolution? Especially that last one is really beautiful.
Old June 3rd, 2008, 09:52 PM   #138
Majestic
Systematic Chaos

Likes (Received): 26

Impressive! Are there 3 different motorways visible in the 2nd picture?
Majestic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2008, 12:45 AM   #139
Morsue

No, those viaducs are for the not yet completed rail line to the Tanger Med port.
Old June 4th, 2008, 05:19 PM   #140
madao

I am speechless how beautifulll wowww

i love Morocco

Tags
highways, morocco, motorways