daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 21st, 2007, 08:19 AM   #1
i_am_hydrogen
muted

Likes (Received): 203

CHICAGO | The Godfrey Hotel Chicago | 183ft | 16 fl | Com

Formerly the Staybridge Suites

Height: Unknown
Floor count: 16
Neighborhood: River North
Construction end:
Architect: Perkins + Will
Developer: Related Midwest

I wanted to open a separate thread on Staybridge Suites. It has an intriguing, forward-thinking, if not schizophrenic design that seems to combine glassiness and airiness with brutal elements. It will definitely make a powerful statement in River North. It could be the River North analog of Sofitel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyguy View Post
http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/st...4506582&EDATE=

Dellisart Chicago LLC Completes $42 Million Financing to Develop Staybridge Suites in Chicago, Illinois

First “Staggered Truss” Building Downtown to be Largest Staybridge Suites in System Officials of Dellisart Chicago LLC, a joint venture between Dellisart Lodging LLC, a hotel ownership, management, development and acquisition group, and Miglin Properties LLC, a Chicago-based real estate development and management company specializing in the development of commercial properties, today announced that the JV has secured $42 million in financing to develop a 206-suite Staybridge Suites in downtown Chicago, Ill., at the corner of LaSalle and West Huron. Financing was provided by CapitalSource, a specialized commercial finance company. The hotel will be managed by Dellisart Lodging LLC. Plans call for the hotel to break ground January 25, 2007.

“While we have numerous projects occurring internationally, we remain focused on expanding our U.S. portfolio, as well,” said Douglas E. Artusio, Dellisart founder, chairman and CEO. “We have exceptional development and management teams in place to accommodate our accelerating growth. The Staybridge Suites brand, part of the InterContinental Hotels Group family of brands, is a great product, well suited to the needs of extended-stay business and leisure travelers seeking relaxed accommodations with high-tech amenities in high traffic markets.”

When completed in the summer of 2008, it will be the largest hotel in the Staybridge portfolio. Staybridge Suites offer upscale, all-suite accommodations with fully equipped kitchens. Among the various hotel amenities are high-speed Internet access, 24-hour business centers, complimentary breakfast and evening reception, green space, fitness center and library with books, board games and television. Suites have separate living and work areas with two-line speaker telephones and personalized voice mail. A leased restaurant and parking facilities are planned for the ground floor.

The hotel will be constructed using the staggered truss structural system. The high rise building concept consists of a series of story-high trusses spanning the total width between two rows of exterior columns and arranged in a staggered pattern on adjacent column lines. The basic concept is that the total frame behaves as a cantilever beam when subjected to lateral loads. This process allows developers to build in all weather conditions and to lower costs based on shorter construction time and a faster completion date. Additionally, the finished product has more open space for increased flexibility of interior space.

“This marks our third Staybridge Suites in the greater Chicago metro area,” Artusio noted. “Our other two properties already rank among the highest rated in the system, and we fully expect this hotel to equal or exceed those excellent results.”

“The Staybridge Suites Chicago is among nearly 100 hotels in the brand’s robust Americas pipeline and will be an excellent addition to our upscale extended-stay portfolio,” said Robert Radomski, vice president, Brand Management, Staybridge Suites. “We are thrilled that

Dellisart Chicago LLC chose to build a Staybridge Suites for this ideal location in Chicago’s bustling downtown area, and we look forward to offering the Staybridge Suites experience to our guests seeking extended-stay accommodations in downtown Chicago.”

Amenity highlights planned for the new Staybridge Suites Chicago will include:
• Three well-designed spacious suite options—deluxe studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom/two-bath with:

* 32” flat panel TV’s
* In-room DVD/CD players
* Functional, well-lit work stations with ergonomic seating
* Complimentary wireless and wired high-speed Internet access
* Complimentary local phone calls
* Two-line speaker phones with direct-dial number
* Fully equipped kitchens.
* Deluxe complimentary daily breakfast buffet
* Complimentary guest laundry
* Complimentary workout facilities
* 24-hour business services center
* Guest library with books and games
* BridgeMart, the hotel’s 24-hour convenience store stocked with snacks, sundries, beverages and easy-to-prepare meals
* Evening "Sundowner” receptions three days a week with complimentary refreshments and light appetizers
* A leased restaurant and covered parking facilities for the ground floor

Last edited by desertpunk; April 14th, 2014 at 01:53 PM.
i_am_hydrogen no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 21st, 2007, 06:27 PM   #2
ricardo

Likes (Received): 1

At last something different. Amazing can not wait to be build.
ricardo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2007, 08:01 PM   #3
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6535

the design is great
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2007, 08:32 PM   #4
The Urban Politician
The City

Likes (Received): 21

It's cool and unique
The Urban Politician no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2007, 02:54 AM   #5
dropdeaded209

Likes (Received): 0

oh that's hot. very blade runner. the trusses remind me a bit of that Hong Kong building, i forget what it's called. i think norman foster designed it. better than the marriott on michigan, for sure.
dropdeaded209 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2007, 04:37 AM   #6
spyguy
Expert

Likes (Received): 97

^HSBC building?
spyguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2007, 05:46 PM   #7
danthediscoman

Heres another image w/ different perspective.
danthediscoman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2007, 02:15 AM   #8
simulcra
Cynical post-collegiate

one word: OUTSTANDING
Old January 23rd, 2007, 07:34 AM   #9
The Urban Politician
The City

Likes (Received): 21

Just curious, what will this replace and how did it look? (how tall was it)?
The Urban Politician no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2007, 03:34 PM   #10
danthediscoman

Posted by NearNorthGuy

"This little tid-bit was mentioned earlier. The back part of building that had been on the Staybridge Suites site was the site of the loading dock and vaults for the Purolator armored car service."

For the past 6-8 months or so though its been an empty lot.

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articl...5/ai_n16226757
Old January 24th, 2007, 06:43 AM   #11
geoff_diamond
Live from the Loop

Likes (Received): 2

I am officially in love with this tower. Not that I wasn't before.
Old January 24th, 2007, 06:57 AM   #12
nomarandlee
My Mind Has Left My Body

Likes (Received): 2762

Oh my goodness, I love this even more now. This building is wild.
nomarandlee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2007, 04:43 PM   #13
Chi649

Likes (Received): 12

Chi649 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2007, 01:43 AM   #14
spyguy
Expert

Likes (Received): 97

Look out on Feb 15

http://www.chicagotribune.com/busine...i-business-utl

CONSTRUCTION DATE:

Construction on the foundation of downtown Chicago's first Staybridge Suites Hotel, a $52 million project, will start in a week.

The luxury hotel at 127 W. Huron St. with studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom units is scheduled to open mid-2008. With an average daily suite rate of $170 a night, it is designed to attract a wide array of guests from business people who are relocating or involved in a long-term project to people undergoing outpatient care at a nearby hospital.

The hotel is being developed as a joint venture of Dellisart Lodging LLC of Atlanta and Miglin Properties LLC of Chicago. The property will be run as a franchise of the Intercontinental Hotels Group PLC, which has its world headquarters in London and its U.S. headquarters in Atlanta.

"We like Chicago because it has great businesses, shopping, arts and restaurants within walking distance of the hotel," said Robert Radomski, an Intercontinental vice president for Staybridge brand management. "It's great visibility for us," he said.

Furthermore, explained Douglas Artusio, the chairman and chief executive of Dellisart, "the Chicago hotel market has strengthened dramatically in the past 18 months, with revenue per available room up about 13 percent."

Dellisart, a hotel developer, owner and manager, is building the hotel. It owns six other Staybridge franchise properties, including ones in Glenview and Lincolnshire.

A $43 million construction loan was secured by the Chicago office of CapitalSource, which provides various types of financing for small- and medium-size businesses.

The 18-story hotel, with its metallic-clad facade, will have 209 suites, parking for 82 cars and 12,000 square feet of retail space.

On Feb. 15, Walsh Construction will start driving the caissons for the foundation, and on Feb. 23, there will be an official groundbreaking at the site. Artusio said.
spyguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2007, 02:43 AM   #15
danthediscoman

They do "official groundbreaking" ceremonies for something this small nowdays? Geez...those architects are always lookin' for reasons to party.
Old February 9th, 2007, 08:33 PM   #16
i_am_hydrogen
muted

Spy - I moved your post from the Filling Up River North Thread to this thread.
Old February 10th, 2007, 07:30 AM   #17
wrabbit

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyguy View Post
http://www.chicagotribune.com/busine...i-business-utl...The 18-story hotel, with its metallic-clad facade, will have 209 suites, parking for 82 cars and 12,000 square feet of retail space.
I'm glad to read that the cladding will be metallic(!) - I'd thought from looking at the renders that the exterior was masonry, or stone veneer (which I am heartily sick of).

Last edited by wrabbit; February 16th, 2007 at 04:30 AM.
wrabbit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2007, 08:42 PM   #18
i_am_hydrogen
muted

From SSP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukecuj View Post
Last updated: February 15, 2007 11:02am
CapitalSource Loans $49M for Local Projects
By Gina Kenny

Staybridge SuitesCHICAGO-CapitalSource is loaning more than $49.4 million and has committed $37.5 million for two projects in the Chicagoland area. The company is providing a loan for $43.1 million to Miglin Properties and Dellisart Lodging for the construction of a 206-room hotel and 82-car parking garage in Chicago, and a loan of $6.3 million to Monroe Investment Partners for the acquisition of 30 acres of land for a retail development in Cicero, IL.
In the Miglin-Dellisart financing deal, the loan amount is for 80% of the entire cost of the hotel project, says Chris Kelly, managing director for CapitalSource. A Staybridge Suites hotel will be constructed at the southeast corner of LaSalle Drive and Huron Street in the Chicago’s River North neighborhood, Kelly says.

The 18-story building will have 206 rooms for an extended-stay hotel and 8,000 sf of retail space. An 82-car parking garage will also be built on the site. The groundbreaking should be held within a couple of weeks and the project is expected to take about 18 months. The developers do not yet know what type of retail will be in the development or what the average lease rate will be, Kelly says.

“We are excited with the prospects of the future demand for hospitality in Chicago and the relatively limited amount of new product that has been planned or proposed,” he says. In addition, CapitalSource felt the loan was a good investment because there are not a lot of extended-stay, all-suite hotels in Chicago, and Intercontinental Hotel Group is one of the largest hotel franchises.
Old March 9th, 2007, 07:56 AM   #19
Retrograde
Chicago

Likes (Received): 4

March 8, 2007

Retrograde no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2007, 08:29 PM   #20
geoff_diamond
Live from the Loop

Likes (Received): 2

Hooray!!! The sexiest building going up in Chicago!!!