daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 23rd, 2007, 06:15 AM   #2321
EMPIREOFLIGHTS
FINISH THE CHICAGO SPIRE

Likes (Received): 2

No need to post

I can't do that here,and besides,it is the right location,the other pics on here verify that,same angles as mine,WHEW! That was a long walk there from where I came from lol.
EMPIREOFLIGHTS no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 23rd, 2007, 07:03 AM   #2322
Chicagophotoshop
Chicago Photographer

Likes (Received): 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMPIREOFLIGHTS View Post
Just came home the other day,well an hour ago from the trip itself,and am just in AWE of the city. I felt like a sponge and just obsorbed the city of skyscrapers as I walked around.,truly in my glory,must have did 12 miles lol.. And the trip to the top of the Sears at dusk was awesome. My sister and mom went to a play at the Ford chinese theater and saw WICKED. I'm sure it was great,but this was while I was at the Sears,walk to it from the theater..The top at night was great. It was cool sitting outside the Plaza late that night waiting for them to pick me up. Skateboarders going here and there,while the tower looked down on us lol.. Can't wait to return next year. Now on the CS,I walked down the end of Randolph street by the water and photographed some pics,right by the crossing bridge,well there were two,, of a site under construction. I HOPE IT WAS THE SITE FOR THE SPIRE. There were a few others in the area,but I think it was it.The description should tell you chicago people if it was. Awesome city

glad you enjoyed your time here. I am very thankful to be able to live in sch a great city.
Old July 23rd, 2007, 07:43 AM   #2323
izmir
Izmir

Likes (Received): 0

Spire's surface dimensions?

Can anyone provide what are the surface dimensions or diameter of the building on ground floor? Especially if you could also provide the same for Hancock Tower in Chicago for comparison purposes.

I am very curious about whether ground surface space is bigger or not of the Spire to Hancock despite being 50+ storey higher! (gee!)

Thanks.

PS: I also would like to add my excitement soon to see 120 feet deep foundation work and especially watching this in an area immediately surrounded by the lake water! We all will witness emerging of this engineering and architechture marvell. I cant wait.

Last edited by izmir; July 23rd, 2007 at 05:33 PM.
izmir no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2007, 03:32 PM   #2324
harvesterofsorrows
BANNED

Likes (Received): 113

More cranes... more pipes...

Zefire liked this post
harvesterofsorrows no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2007, 04:51 PM   #2325
Stephan23
Bonsai

Likes (Received): 93

Very fast work going on here!!!
Old July 23rd, 2007, 04:53 PM   #2326
harvesterofsorrows
BANNED

Likes (Received): 113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kngkyle View Post
If you don't want to see updates then stop reading/spamming this topic.
I was just saying I like seeing the building go up, not the foundation. I believe that is not spamming.
harvesterofsorrows no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2007, 09:51 PM   #2327
cheeps
BANNED

Likes (Received): 112

I just spoke to a Case supervisor "Ron" and he informed me that if all goes well they should start caisson drilling within a couple of days. He also mentioned that the building will not be finished until 2011. Lot's of activity today!

Zefire liked this post
cheeps no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2007, 10:02 PM   #2328
cheeps
BANNED

Likes (Received): 112

I forgot to mention something interesting that "Ron" from Case stated...that the developer must have some very influencial friends backing this project because in the 20 years he's been working in the construction industry he's never seen a building take shape this quickly.

Zefire liked this post
cheeps no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2007, 10:13 PM   #2329
pflo777
BANNED

Likes (Received): 89

can someone tell me, where I can download a 3d modell of the current version of chicago spire for google earht?

Thanks

Zefire liked this post
pflo777 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2007, 10:15 PM   #2330
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6525

maybe in sketch up
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2007, 10:17 PM   #2331
-Corey-
Je suis tout ā vous

Likes (Received): 5222

There's no Spire Tower yet on google 3D warehouse

๏̯͡๏๏̯͡๏
-Corey- no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2007, 10:26 PM   #2332
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6525

harm....i don't no any other site where i can download 3D models for Google Earth
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2007, 12:13 AM   #2333
-Corey-
Je suis tout ā vous

Likes (Received): 5222

GOOGLE 3D Warehouse is the only place where u can download a 3D model, or you can make your own 3d model of the Spire TOwer using Sketch up

๏̯͡๏๏̯͡๏
-Corey- no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2007, 12:29 AM   #2334
Chi649

Likes (Received): 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeps View Post
I forgot to mention something interesting that "Ron" from Case stated...that the developer must have some very influencial friends backing this project because in the 20 years he's been working in the construction industry he's never seen a building take shape this quickly.
This really fits into the theme that Keller is a no-nonsense guy that gets things done. I'm sure that he put pressure on Case to get it done as soon as possible because costs are a big concern, especially with a building like this, where it could get out of hand quickly. Time is $. That being said, to me this is just one more small sign that this is really going to be built .

Thanks also for the caisson update.
Chi649 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2007, 12:38 AM   #2335
globill

Location: I'm going to Washington to serve the people of this country.
Likes (Received): 8

Not sure if this belongs here....but here goes....

The entrance of Chicago on the global stage, something Trump seems to think (maybe) occurred when he entered our fair city.....

Has been going on for a long time....

I'm guessing that if the Irish can help NYC's condo market maintan frothiness, they can do even more for Chicago's...

After all, Chicago is the only country in the world with an Irish monarchy...

And let's face it, nothing inManhattan can dream of a Chicago Spire Sunrise....

from the NYTimes....

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/08/re...e6f78d&ei=5070

"I told you what I thought about that when I said I do not trust Obama and I probably never will. He hasnn't proven anything to me or you yet but he has flapped his lips plenty. And that I guess, is enough for some of you smarties in here." nygirl
globill no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2007, 12:43 AM   #2336
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Likes (Received): 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by pflo777 View Post
can someone tell me, where I can download a 3d modell of the current version of chicago spire for google earht?

Thanks
Some guy on SSP has made a pretty good one in sketchup but don't think it's in the 3D warehouse. Maybe try asking him for it if you really need it.

Also I might make a model of this soon since my Dubai Marina model is done and I need something to do
malec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2007, 12:43 AM   #2337
globill

Location: I'm going to Washington to serve the people of this country.
Likes (Received): 8

I find it illuminating how NOONE in Chicago is even a tad bit surprised that an Irishman is planning to outdo New York's leading self-promoter.

I'd pay a million bucks if someone could find a Chicagoan who'd go on film stating his/her surprise that Trump is about to be majorly outdone/outbuilt/out-manouvered.....by an Irish dude....

"I told you what I thought about that when I said I do not trust Obama and I probably never will. He hasnn't proven anything to me or you yet but he has flapped his lips plenty. And that I guess, is enough for some of you smarties in here." nygirl
globill no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2007, 02:47 AM   #2338
Rizzato
Blue Collar

Likes (Received): 49

who the hell cares where he's from?
Ireland's economy is through the roof right now, no surprise at all.

the real thing to focus on is that both trump and kelleher are making chicago 10X more beautiful than it currently is
Rizzato no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2007, 03:15 AM   #2339
Chitowner245

Likes (Received): 0

I like the discussion taking place about Kelleher outdoing trump, but honestly, DALEY is a proud Irishman, and it shouldn't be a surprise that the city has been so accomodating. I want to ask a question, but don't know if it's appropriate for this thread. What do all of you think CS will do for Chicago After it hopefully gets built? What are the economic ramifications, how will tourism be affected in this city, will there be others looking to compete with kelleher (trump wanting to build another perhaps), and will this building further rid us of the international image our city has as a "crime city". Because believe it or not, despite our falling crime, a lot of people around the world still see Chi-town as somewhat dangerous since our turnaround has been so recent and rather quick. This may need another thread, but I figured it's relevant enough- sorry if it's too much.
Chitowner245 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2007, 04:09 AM   #2340
Sentient Seas
Industrial Twilight

Likes (Received): 42

This thing is going to be... huge...

Tags
chicago, santiago calatrava, spire, tallest, tower