daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 29th, 2007, 05:49 AM   #2441
FastFerrari
I double dog dare you!!!

Likes (Received): 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag_one View Post
It doesn't matter if the ground is stable or not. The building is build on caissons and they're placed on very stable bedrock.
About the traffic noise. they'll probably use 2 layers of glas for a window where one layer is thicker than the otherone. This stops sound very effective and is aslo very good for the thermic insulation of the tower.

thanks...shouldve used my eyes...i did see that huge drill and used some common sense..as far as the double glass thats just a good reasurance...cause i would suck to hear bout noise problems 2 or so months after the buildings open to the public...thanx again
FastFerrari no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 29th, 2007, 09:14 AM   #2442
Helmet Yawn

Likes (Received): 0

I hate to be a buzz-kill, but I still think this is a better design.

http://www.80southstreet.net/index.htm
Helmet Yawn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2007, 09:39 AM   #2443
Chi649

Likes (Received): 12

http://www.sbpost.ie/post/pages/p/st...474-qqqx=1.asp

Developer sets up $1bn US property fund
29 July 2007 By Neil Callanan
Shelbourne Developments, the property company owned by Garrett Kelleher, is setting up a $1 billion (€730 million)f und to invest in property in Chicago.

Shelbourne executive chairman Kelleher told The Sunday Business Post that Dublin firm Dolmen Stockbrokers was raising money for the fund.

The multi-millionaire property developer said up to 70 per cent of the fund would be invested in office buildings, and up to 20 per cent on buying and refurbishing properties in asset management ‘‘plays’’. He said ‘‘brownfield sites’’ would also be acquired for development.

The fund is expected to have a lifetime of five to seven years, and the fundraising will close in November. Dolmen is raising between $125 and $150million from private investors and will raise a further $75 million to $100 million in mezzanine finance.

Kelleher was speaking to this newspaper after receiving the first annual Business & Finance US-Ireland Business Award along with Dr Craig Barrett of Intel.

The award recognised his achievement in fostering trade and investment links between the US and Ireland.

Kelleher is developing the tallest residential building in the world, the Chicago Spire, a twisting tower with 150 floors designed by architect Santiago Calatrava.

The developer is expecting to sell up to 100 Spire apartments in Ireland when they are launched on the market in October.

Each apartment will be a different size, with the smallest measuring 55.75 square metres and the largest measuring 650 square metres - or the equivalent of more than five three-bedroom semi-detached houses.

Kelleher said apartments would be sold in 15 cities, including Chicago, New York, Paris, Dubai, Singapore, Hong Kong and Moscow. “‘We’ve had interest and inquiries from all over the world.”

He said it was unlikely they would put all of the apartments on the market before the building’s completion but said that might change if demand significantly exceeded expectations.

Kelleher is based in Ireland and commutes to the US on a regular basis.

‘‘There’s opportunities in the office market and in high-end retail in Dublin. We’ll try to take advantage of those with the sites we have,” he said.

Shelbourne’s portfolio includes buildings on Tara Street and Dawson Street which would be suitable for redevelopment.

‘‘We’ve a lot of properties in Dublin’s ‘central business district’ and the plan is to develop them over the next three to four years,” said Kelleher.

He said there were opportunities for Shelbourne in the property markets of NewYork and Philadelphia.
Chi649 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2007, 09:42 AM   #2444
Chi649

Likes (Received): 12

http://www.sbpost.ie/post/pages/p/st...474-qqqx=1.asp

Developer sets up $1bn US property fund
29 July 2007 By Neil Callanan
Shelbourne Developments, the property company owned by Garrett Kelleher, is setting up a $1 billion (€730 million)f und to invest in property in Chicago.

Shelbourne executive chairman Kelleher told The Sunday Business Post that Dublin firm Dolmen Stockbrokers was raising money for the fund.

The multi-millionaire property developer said up to 70 per cent of the fund would be invested in office buildings, and up to 20 per cent on buying and refurbishing properties in asset management ‘‘plays’’. He said ‘‘brownfield sites’’ would also be acquired for development.

The fund is expected to have a lifetime of five to seven years, and the fundraising will close in November. Dolmen is raising between $125 and $150million from private investors and will raise a further $75 million to $100 million in mezzanine finance.

Kelleher was speaking to this newspaper after receiving the first annual Business & Finance US-Ireland Business Award along with Dr Craig Barrett of Intel.

The award recognised his achievement in fostering trade and investment links between the US and Ireland.

Kelleher is developing the tallest residential building in the world, the Chicago Spire, a twisting tower with 150 floors designed by architect Santiago Calatrava.

The developer is expecting to sell up to 100 Spire apartments in Ireland when they are launched on the market in October.

Each apartment will be a different size, with the smallest measuring 55.75 square metres and the largest measuring 650 square metres - or the equivalent of more than five three-bedroom semi-detached houses.

Kelleher said apartments would be sold in 15 cities, including Chicago, New York, Paris, Dubai, Singapore, Hong Kong and Moscow. “‘We’ve had interest and inquiries from all over the world.”

He said it was unlikely they would put all of the apartments on the market before the building’s completion but said that might change if demand significantly exceeded expectations.

Kelleher is based in Ireland and commutes to the US on a regular basis.

‘‘There’s opportunities in the office market and in high-end retail in Dublin. We’ll try to take advantage of those with the sites we have,” he said.

Shelbourne’s portfolio includes buildings on Tara Street and Dawson Street which would be suitable for redevelopment.

‘‘We’ve a lot of properties in Dublin’s ‘central business district’ and the plan is to develop them over the next three to four years,” said Kelleher.

He said there were opportunities for Shelbourne in the property markets of NewYork and Philadelphia.
Chi649 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2007, 05:25 PM   #2445
Chi_Coruscant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmet Yawn View Post

I don't agree with it. This is not a "better" design but more like one-of-a-kind. Sad that this project will not materialize due to the lack of buyers' interests.
Chi_Coruscant no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2007, 05:48 PM   #2446
cbotnyse
Chicago Enthusiast

Likes (Received): 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmet Yawn View Post

lets not kid anybody, you love being a buzz-kill.
cbotnyse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2007, 06:47 PM   #2447
PrintersRowChemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbotnyse View Post
Frankly I love Lord Helmut. 100% unintentional comedy. Great times.

Kidding aside, he does uncover some nice residentital designs, too. Keep them coming, Helmut...
PrintersRowChemist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2007, 01:54 AM   #2448
xXFallenXx

Likes (Received): 170

interesting.
xXFallenXx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2007, 04:22 PM   #2449
Chicagophotoshop
Chicago Photographer

Likes (Received): 14

can I get a U/C ???
Old July 31st, 2007, 01:46 AM   #2450
nygirl

Likes (Received): 430

Whoa.. I haven't been following cuz I thought it was dead for a while. So this thing is a go? Woo hoo chi-town. Now my only question is... does it come with batteries?

NAKED NEW YORK: A complete tour of New York City, 5 boroughs and immediate Metro: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2202
nygirl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2007, 02:15 AM   #2451
EBCKIM
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

this is going to be a great addition to Chicago's already beautiful skyline!! congrats Chicago

Zefire liked this post
EBCKIM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2007, 02:30 AM   #2452
cbotnyse
Chicago Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl View Post
Now my only question is... does it come with batteries?
Old July 31st, 2007, 02:32 AM   #2453
nygirl

Likes (Received): 430

hehehe. No really though I'm over here giving you guys a big Hell Yea!

NAKED NEW YORK: A complete tour of New York City, 5 boroughs and immediate Metro: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2202
nygirl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2007, 02:44 AM   #2454
cbotnyse
Chicago Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl View Post
hehehe. No really though I'm over here giving you guys a big Hell Yea!
I'll be sure to send you "mini spires" when they come out. Now that is a good business idea!
Old July 31st, 2007, 03:29 AM   #2455
Retrograde
Chicago

Likes (Received): 4

July 30, 2007

Retrograde no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2007, 06:06 AM   #2456
bart3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbotnyse View Post
I agree, the spire is great but this design is much more interesting. It doesn't require height to stand out.
bart3 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2007, 06:31 AM   #2457
Retrograde
Chicago

Likes (Received): 4

July 30, 2007

Retrograde no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2007, 06:34 AM   #2458
harvesterofsorrows
BANNED

Likes (Received): 113

oooo