daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old August 13th, 2007, 05:17 AM   #2721
vanhenrik
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: karlskoga
Posts: 624
Likes (Received): 126

some videos from the plot











__________________

Zefire liked this post
vanhenrik no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 13th, 2007, 05:30 AM   #2722
NoAllegiance
Allegiance Aint What I Do
 
NoAllegiance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hartford
Posts: 103
Likes (Received): 9

Nice Vids

Thanks for those videos. This is a great update. Chicago is making good progress on this skyscraper. Fantastic!
__________________
"There are new sights in the sky. Twenty years ago, when one gazed at the heavens, one would see the stars, the moon, the sun, clouds and an occasional comet or two. Now, however, here in the streets of New York City, a few neighbors have moved in. These are made, not of gasses nor water nor dust, but of steel and stone and concrete. These neighbors are not carved by the hands of nature, but by the hands of men. These neighbors are buildings that scrape the sky." -1930's quote, author unknown.
NoAllegiance no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2007, 06:30 AM   #2723
Chi649
Registered User
 
Chi649's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 1,156
Likes (Received): 12

vanhenrik, thanks for those awesome videos
Chi649 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2007, 07:39 AM   #2724
xXFallenXx
Registered User
 
xXFallenXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Temecula, CA
Posts: 3,859
Likes (Received): 170

wow, chicago didnt mess around with this one! its only been under construction for like a week and a half and they've already made huge progress. thanx for the vids vanhenrik.
xXFallenXx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2007, 07:45 AM   #2725
Kngkyle
Registered User
 
Kngkyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Orlando
Posts: 610
Likes (Received): 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMD1 View Post
Concrete trucks!
All of those cement trucks were just for ONE caisson.
Kngkyle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2007, 07:49 AM   #2726
xXFallenXx
Registered User
 
xXFallenXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Temecula, CA
Posts: 3,859
Likes (Received): 170

just ONE! holy shit!
xXFallenXx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2007, 07:51 AM   #2727
vanhenrik
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: karlskoga
Posts: 624
Likes (Received): 126

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXFallenXx View Post
wow, chicago didnt mess around with this one! its only been under construction for like a week and a half and they've already made huge progress. thanx for the vids vanhenrik.
i has ben under cunstruktion for a aprox month
__________________

Zefire liked this post
vanhenrik no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2007, 07:57 AM   #2728
vanhenrik
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: karlskoga
Posts: 624
Likes (Received): 126

this is my webpage ! end there is meney videos ! com on in end take a look ! http://www.youtube.com/vanhnrik
__________________

Zefire liked this post
vanhenrik no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2007, 10:49 AM   #2729
Sentient Seas
Industrial Twilight
 
Sentient Seas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,097
Likes (Received): 42

Wow, they are good.
__________________
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
Sentient Seas no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2007, 08:11 PM   #2730
orlandonative
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 240
Likes (Received): 33

That's not too bad, thats less than 100 cubic yards with all thats onsite.
orlandonative no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2007, 08:44 PM   #2731
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers
 
ZZ-II's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Near Ingolstadt in Bavaria
Posts: 33,502
Likes (Received): 6525

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanhenrik View Post
this is my webpage ! end there is meney videos ! com on in end take a look ! http://www.youtube.com/vanhnrik
i know you mean it good, but please don't post that in every thread!

btw..the videos are fantastic
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2007, 10:49 PM   #2732
depressio
Lime and limpid green
 
depressio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 293
Likes (Received): 15

Kelleher is being real smart about this . . . the best thing for advertising/business is progress! As people in Chicago come to the realization that this building IS FOR REAL sales will pick up more and more and he may be able to charge even more!!
At least that's my pseudo-educated prediction.
But it makes sense, right?
depressio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2007, 11:12 PM   #2733
xXFallenXx
Registered User
 
xXFallenXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Temecula, CA
Posts: 3,859
Likes (Received): 170

makes sense to me!
xXFallenXx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2007, 01:42 AM   #2734
Sentient Seas
Industrial Twilight
 
Sentient Seas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,097
Likes (Received): 42

Yes, that makes perfect sense.
__________________
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
Sentient Seas no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2007, 03:33 AM   #2735
bnk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 1,157
Likes (Received): 727

Quote:
Originally Posted by depressio View Post
Kelleher is being real smart about this . . . the best thing for advertising/business is progress! As people in Chicago come to the realization that this building IS FOR REAL sales will pick up more and more and he may be able to charge even more!!
?

You know I can never figure out why 99% of the people on the streets of Chicago have never even heard of this project or many other buildings in site prep or U/C. I doubt that this was the case for the Aon, Hancock, or Sears before they were built. Perhaps some older foumers could enlighten us about the knowledge in the press before these were site prep and U/C compared to what we are currently experiencing, which is almost a total blackout of information shared with the general public. This lack of any public knowledge of said construction that will be the tallest in North America is rather perverse in my opinion. Mabey it is the general dumbing down of America that is finally catching up to us. I seem to think that the general public will only hear about this project until it surpasses the current tallest building in the USA the Sears Tower. Of course Chicagoans will know about it when it pokes its head above the ground in about a year and a half but the total, USA, lay public, not.

BTW along a similar theme probably 99% of Americans have never even heard of Dubai or that the tallest building in the world if currently U/C. Rather sad indeed.

Last edited by bnk; August 14th, 2007 at 03:39 AM.
bnk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2007, 03:42 AM   #2736
Kngkyle
Registered User
 
Kngkyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Orlando
Posts: 610
Likes (Received): 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnk View Post
You know I can never figure out why 99% of the people on the streets of Chicago have never even heard of this project or many other buildings in site prep or U/C. I doubt that this was the case for the Aon, Hancock, or Sears before they were built. Perhaps some older foumers could enlighten us about the knowledge in the press before these were site prep and U/C compared to what we are currently experiencing, which is almost a total blackout of information shared with the general public. This lack of any public knowledge of said construction that will be the tallest in North America is rather perverse in my opinion. Mabey it is the general dumbing down of America that is finally catching up to us. I seem to think that the general public will only hear about this project until it surpasses the current tallest building in the USA the Sears Tower. Of course Chicagoans will know about it when it pokes its head above the ground in about a year and a half but the total, USA, lay public, not.

BTW along a similar theme probably 99% of Americans have never even heard of Dubai or that the tallest building in the world if currently U/C. Rather sad indeed.
I sent an email to CBS2Chicago suggesting it as a story. They have a spot on their main page to do so. The email to suggest a story is [email protected]

I also suggested they set up a webcam. They have other webcams around the city so why not the future icon?

Last edited by Kngkyle; August 14th, 2007 at 05:26 AM.
Kngkyle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2007, 06:11 AM   #2737
vanhenrik
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: karlskoga
Posts: 624
Likes (Received): 126

when are they going to dig out all the dirt from the plot end bigin to make the parking space ?
__________________

Zefire liked this post
vanhenrik no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2007, 06:17 AM   #2738
xXFallenXx
Registered User
 
xXFallenXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Temecula, CA
Posts: 3,859
Likes (Received): 170

hey vanhenrik, instead of end the word is and. And i have know idea about your question.
xXFallenXx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2007, 07:14 AM   #2739
Kngkyle
Registered User
 
Kngkyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Orlando
Posts: 610
Likes (Received): 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanhenrik View Post
when are they going to dig out all the dirt from the plot end bigin to make the parking space ?
When the caissons are done, which will at least be a few months.
Kngkyle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2007, 07:17 AM   #2740
MetalliTooL
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 467
Likes (Received): 20

So it's a test caisson? What's the point of a test caisson?
MetalliTooL no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
chicago, santiago calatrava, spire, tallest, tower

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu