daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 13th, 2008, 09:16 PM   #5461
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6525

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danillo View Post
with the top-down construction of the foundations on this though, won't the work be less visible than on a more conventional site?
not sure, but i don't think so
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 13th, 2008, 10:23 PM   #5462
sk8ryba
Mike Oldfield Fan

Likes (Received): 0

Amazing
sk8ryba no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2008, 10:38 PM   #5463
wap-190

Likes (Received): 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyBoy View Post
Can someone post the picture of the garage? I just want to see how many garage supports they have to do. I think they had 22 to do, for the core.
According to one plan I downloaded here some time ago I think there are about +/- 70 to drill.
wap-190 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2008, 11:34 PM   #5464
ChgoLvr83

Likes (Received): 1

http://www.shelbournedevelopment.com...ease.php?id=93

Quote:

The Chicago Spire Launch in Singapore Proves Big Hit with Investors

12/03/2008

Roadshow for World’s Tallest Residential Building Now Heads for Other Asian Centers

SINGAPORE / March 11, 2008 – More than 800 visitors attended the Asian launch of The Chicago Spire during the exhibition’s two-day run at the Four Seasons Hotel Singapore.

Apartments in The Chicago Spire sold briskly, organizers crediting sales to the strong Singapore dollar and the unique design of the project.

According to Michael Ng, Managing Director of Savills, the international sales agent for The Chicago Spire, Singapore investors were “magnetized” by the project’s stunning architecture. “It’s a trophy for life and you can imagine what it’s like to own a unique unit in a world building.” Ng said.

"The response to The Chicago Spire was overwhelming with so many attending our event and exhibition,” he added. “We’ve seen very strong sales coming from both Singaporeans and expatriates based here. Judging from their comments, everyone was attracted by the same thing – the truly iconic nature of this spectacular project, and the realization that The Chicago Spire is destined to become the most significant residential development in the world."

No two residences will be alike. Each suite, gallery and one- to four-bedroom home and penthouse will offer a unique floor plan and outstanding city or lakefront views. Each unit is designed by world renowned architect Santiago Calatrava.

“Our sales team was busy signing deals throughout the exhibition.” Ng said. Prices for Chicago Spire apartments range from US$750,000 for a suite to US$40m for a penthouse.

After Singapore, the Asia roadshow continues on to Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Beijing, before a tour of Europe and South Africa.

Garrett Kelleher, Executive Chairman of Shelbourne Development Group, remarked on the sophisticated investor climate of the Lion City, adding: “We were always confident of achieving our sales target in Singapore and we have been delighted with the enthusiasm the project has received and the level of sales achieved at the start of the South East Asian road show. We look forward to our next event in KL on the 8th of March.”

Developed by Irish property development company Shelbourne Development Group, The Chicago Spire has a build programme of four years. Situated on a 2.2 acre site where the Chicago River meets Lake Michigan, it will be the world's tallest residential building. When completed, it will be home to 1,194 individual residences along with a range of amenities that will rival any in the world including health and fitness facilities, children and teen areas, cinema and private dining facilities, business centre, retail and restaurant services as well as a library, wine cellar and humidor.

Construction of The Chicago Spire began in June 2007. Completion and occupancy are expected in Q4 2011.
Old March 13th, 2008, 11:43 PM   #5465
ChgoLvr83

http://www.shelbournedevelopment.com...ease.php?id=93

Quote:

The Chicago Spire Launch in Singapore Proves Big Hit with Investors

12/03/2008

Roadshow for World’s Tallest Residential Building Now Heads for Other Asian Centers

SINGAPORE / March 11, 2008 – More than 800 visitors attended the Asian launch of The Chicago Spire during the exhibition’s two-day run at the Four Seasons Hotel Singapore.

Apartments in The Chicago Spire sold briskly, organizers crediting sales to the strong Singapore dollar and the unique design of the project.

According to Michael Ng, Managing Director of Savills, the international sales agent for The Chicago Spire, Singapore investors were “magnetized” by the project’s stunning architecture. “It’s a trophy for life and you can imagine what it’s like to own a unique unit in a world building.” Ng said.

"The response to The Chicago Spire was overwhelming with so many attending our event and exhibition,” he added. “We’ve seen very strong sales coming from both Singaporeans and expatriates based here. Judging from their comments, everyone was attracted by the same thing – the truly iconic nature of this spectacular project, and the realization that The Chicago Spire is destined to become the most significant residential development in the world."

No two residences will be alike. Each suite, gallery and one- to four-bedroom home and penthouse will offer a unique floor plan and outstanding city or lakefront views. Each unit is designed by world renowned architect Santiago Calatrava.

“Our sales team was busy signing deals throughout the exhibition.” Ng said. Prices for Chicago Spire apartments range from US$750,000 for a suite to US$40m for a penthouse.

After Singapore, the Asia roadshow continues on to Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Beijing, before a tour of Europe and South Africa.

Garrett Kelleher, Executive Chairman of Shelbourne Development Group, remarked on the sophisticated investor climate of the Lion City, adding: “We were always confident of achieving our sales target in Singapore and we have been delighted with the enthusiasm the project has received and the level of sales achieved at the start of the South East Asian road show. We look forward to our next event in KL on the 8th of March.”

Developed by Irish property development company Shelbourne Development Group, The Chicago Spire has a build programme of four years. Situated on a 2.2 acre site where the Chicago River meets Lake Michigan, it will be the world's tallest residential building. When completed, it will be home to 1,194 individual residences along with a range of amenities that will rival any in the world including health and fitness facilities, children and teen areas, cinema and private dining facilities, business centre, retail and restaurant services as well as a library, wine cellar and humidor.

Construction of The Chicago Spire began in June 2007. Completion and occupancy are expected in Q4 2011.
Old March 14th, 2008, 12:29 AM   #5466
lasjef31

i still think they should have made the building taller, to compete with Dubai for the worlds tallest Skyscrapers.
lasjef31 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2008, 01:00 AM   #5467
Green Jello

Likes (Received): 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasjef31 View Post
i still think they should have made the building taller, to compete with Dubai for the worlds tallest Skyscrapers.
I still think that if you read, you'd know that it has been discussed 9000 times that there is a 2000' height maximum on U.S. construction.
Old March 14th, 2008, 01:07 AM   #5468
Green Jello

Likes (Received): 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzpilot View Post
do you think Spira would be seen from all the bay?
It's not really a bay. Chicago is on the coast of Lake Michigan. So seeing across the entire body of water, depending on where you are would be as little as a mile to as much as 300 miles away.
Old March 14th, 2008, 06:14 AM   #5469
Msradell
Always looking up

Likes (Received): 209

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danillo View Post
with the top-down construction of the foundations on this though, won't the work be less visible than on a more conventional site?
You are correct in some respects since we won't see a huge hole for the garage. And once they get all the support columns bored and pour the cap slab on them work on the garage will take place under the slab while the tower starts construction all from the slab.
Old March 14th, 2008, 06:20 AM   #5470
Diggs

all of the interior really does look extremely 70's. but what do I know about fashion trends.
Old March 14th, 2008, 07:01 AM   #5471
Chi649

Likes (Received): 12

Lion City host’s ’Chicago Spire’ launch
by Robert Carry

Singapore was chosen as the venue for the Asian launch of the world´s largest residential building, The Chicago Spire, which took place last month..........
http://www.property-report.com/aprar...86&date=130308
Old March 14th, 2008, 07:03 AM   #5472
Chi649

Likes (Received): 12

Lion City host’s ’Chicago Spire’ launch
by Robert CarryAdvertisement

Singapore was chosen as the venue for the Asian launch of the world´s largest residential building, The Chicago Spire, which took place last month..........
http://www.property-report.com/aprar...86&date=130308
Old March 14th, 2008, 07:39 AM   #5473
Infrasuper Planet
Infrasuper Planet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Jello View Post
I still think that if you read, you'd know that it has been discussed 9000 times that there is a 2000' height maximum on U.S. construction.
Also, the tower could look out of place in the Chicago skyline if it were any taller. I like it as it is.

BTW, speaking of skylines, i haven't seen much of Chicago's skyline, online a little bit in a CS promo vid, but from what i saw, it looks to be one of the most stunning and magnificent skylines of the world. Does anyone have any good pics of the Chicago skyline?

Cheers
P.S Great updates Harryc

Aerials are Beyond Ones Mind to Imagine.
We are watching the Future Rise from the depth of the Earth and into the Heavens ever Higher
Infrasuper Planet no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2008, 07:41 AM   #5474
Infrasuper Planet
Infrasuper Planet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second City View Post
I want this one to start rising so badly
I think we all do.
Also think about the forumers who have been following FT from the beginning. I mean, 2 years + of foundation work and still hasn't risen above street level. LOL.

Aerials are Beyond Ones Mind to Imagine.
We are watching the Future Rise from the depth of the Earth and into the Heavens ever Higher
Infrasuper Planet no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2008, 07:42 AM   #5475
xXFallenXx

Likes (Received): 170

look here:
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=17435
xXFallenXx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2008, 11:37 AM   #5476
Daquan13
BANNED

Likes (Received): 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infrasuper Planet View Post
I think we all do.
Also think about the forumers who have been following FT from the beginning. I mean, 2 years + of foundation work and still hasn't risen above street level. LOL.

If you can think of a better plan that will help make it rise faster, then please tell us. Otherwise, you'll just have to wait like the rest of us.

Zefire liked this post
Daquan13 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2008, 11:42 AM   #5477
ADCS
Kickin' it

Likes (Received): 36

Ready for spring to hit, and this thing to go skyward!
ADCS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2008, 04:08 PM   #5478
harryc

Likes (Received): 375

March 14 - AM

From above

higer res
2007 series
2008 series

Not support beams - some kind of frame.

more later

“War is where the young and stupid are tricked by the old and bitter into killing each other.”

--Niko Bellic

Last edited by harryc; March 14th, 2008 at 05:09 PM.
harryc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2008, 06:36 PM   #5479
romanamerican

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Jello View Post
And it has also been discussed here that this restriction can be easily passed for innumerable reasons. So this is no excuse. On the other hand, it would probably look out of place if it was any taller, so I think it's perfect.
romanamerican no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2008, 07:04 PM   #5480
andydie

Likes (Received): 25

update vid online

Hiya guys,

the newest update vid for the Spire is online 4 u all 2 enjoy!

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=vraJByqg2pE

Music: Klaas - The Way (Original Mix)
andydie no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
chicago, santiago calatrava, spire, tallest, tower