daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 13th, 2008, 10:40 PM   #5741
jessemh431

Likes (Received): 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by idkblk View Post
Ok, she's pretty stupid I agree. But i think there is still a gap between her stupidity and such radical and dangerous stuff like throwing some bar-bells from the 100+ floor
Do you think she could even pick one up? Maybe she would get so mad at someone that she would throw her T-Mobile Sidekick out the window. Or maybe she'll trip and smash through the window...But I don't think we have to worry about that because she would probably never move to Chicago. How is she going to be the center of attention there? There's not enough Paparazzi. Plus, then she can't wear those skirts as full dresses and her Jimmy Choos all year round. She might have to cover herself up.
jessemh431 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 13th, 2008, 11:12 PM   #5742
HD
같같같같같같

Likes (Received): 906

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaja3000jaja View Post
What are you talking about, after that tower is finished those town houses will quadruple in value. You could make a fortune selling them.
uh... you could make money IF you find a buyer. who would want to buy a townhouse overshadowed by a 150 storey tower? something is only as valuable as someone is prepared to pay for it ...
Old April 13th, 2008, 11:21 PM   #5743
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6525

i would love to live next to the CS ....but you're right HD, most people probably not
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2008, 02:32 AM   #5744
kingsc

Likes (Received): 199

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msradell View Post
How can you not be a fan of this project? Because it's not in New York City? I mean really, it's the tallest all residential building that's being built or for that matter even proposed. In addition it's very unique architecturally and the location is magnificent!
What I'm a New Yorker by birth but I was raise in the Mid West. I'm not a fan of this building because, I'm just not and that's my right. Only a fool would point out something that isn't there. Plus even if it was in new york I still wouldn't like. Anyway we don't mike it a point to build skyscrapers in the shapes of a ***** lol. But I can also careless what you think.
Old April 14th, 2008, 03:48 AM   #5745
EnDleSsWaLtZ

Likes (Received): 22

oh no another one to make the "***** reference"...
EnDleSsWaLtZ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2008, 03:50 AM   #5746
jaja3000jaja
Masters Student

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD View Post
uh... you could make money IF you find a buyer. who would want to buy a townhouse overshadowed by a 150 storey tower? something is only as valuable as someone is prepared to pay for it ...
Thats a good point but what if a developer would come along and buy out the whole block to build another skyscraper...
jaja3000jaja no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2008, 04:03 AM   #5747
kingsc

Yeah I'm a jackass I said it looks like a ***** just for his remarks toward me. I don't really think it looks like that. It's a good look building but what else does it have other then high and a twist to the ground. Give me more to look forward to, chicago seems to be the home town of ugly ass supertalls. But you might think I'm just hating and thats your right.

P.s I'm not saying this tower is ugly, I'm just saying some of the city other supertalls are.
Old April 14th, 2008, 04:35 AM   #5748
KnowitallSkyScraper

Likes (Received): 0

Sorry for being OT, but why are there little trailers on the roof of those little houses?
KnowitallSkyScraper no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2008, 04:41 AM   #5749
vanhenrik
BANNED

Likes (Received): 126

ha ha the cunstruktion workers might live there !

Zefire liked this post
vanhenrik no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2008, 07:41 AM   #5750
valantino
The Greatest

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Sorry for being OT, but why are there little trailers on the roof of those little houses?
A. Those aren't trailers
B. Those aren't roofs

They are roof top decks and the "trailers" are access points to them
Old April 14th, 2008, 08:11 AM   #5751
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Likes (Received): 19048

The Chicago of the South

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsc View Post
Yeah I'm a jackass I said it looks like a ***** just for his remarks toward me. I don't really think it looks like that. It's a good look building but what else does it have other then high and a twist to the ground. Give me more to look forward to, chicago seems to be the home town of ugly ass supertalls. But you might think I'm just hating and thats your right.

P.s I'm not saying this tower is ugly, I'm just saying some of the city other supertalls are.
Chicago invented skyscrapers and New Yorkers just can't seem to get over it. Frankly, I prefer the Chicago skyline over New York's because it is a little more civilized spread along Lake Michigan the way it is. I'm proud to say that our Mayor is viewing Chicago as a model for the city he wants Miami to be, and I am proud to say that Miami aspires to be the Chicago of the South. We are little ways away, but we are getting there.
"I'm going to bet you that when we're done --- I don't know when that will be --- historians will identify this as the most significant and rapid transformation of an American city.'' Former Miami City Commissioner Johnny Winton 05/22/2005

My photo threads:

QuantumX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2008, 08:41 AM   #5752
Retrograde
Chicago

Likes (Received): 4

DuSable Park

April 11, 2008

Retrograde no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2008, 08:45 AM   #5753
kingsc

Dude we had building over 100 and 200 feet when chicago was still farm land. The word skyscraper might have been coined in chicago but tall buildings weren't invinted there foo. Check you damn timeline NYC was Building taller the 100 feet before chicago had one that was 50. And let not forget your beloved chi town didn't have a supertall till the 1960's and NY has been building them since the 1930's, so who the granddad of tall azz building oh wait that would be New york.
Old April 14th, 2008, 08:46 AM   #5754
xXFallenXx

Likes (Received): 170

Oh god...
xXFallenXx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2008, 09:12 AM   #5755
waccamatt
Gamecocks&Skyscrapers fan

Likes (Received): 181

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXFallenXx View Post
Oh god...
I"m staying out of this argument...
waccamatt no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2008, 09:15 AM   #5756
xXFallenXx

Same here.
Old April 14th, 2008, 09:17 AM   #5757
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsc View Post
Dude we had building over 100 and 200 feet when chicago was still farm land. The word skyscraper might have been coined in chicago but tall buildings weren't invinted there foo. Check you damn timeline NYC was Building taller the 100 feet before chicago had one that was 50. And let not forget your beloved chi town didn't have a supertall till the 1960's and NY has been building them since the 1930's, so who the granddad of tall azz building oh wait that would be New york.
I don't need to "check you damn timeline." All the literature says that Chicago is the birthplace of the skyscraper. There is simply no argument about it! There is no scholarly debate here. What you are stating is what you want to be based on your own opinion, and there is simply no time to argue with you about how much you want to make your opinion fact.
"I'm going to bet you that when we're done --- I don't know when that will be --- historians will identify this as the most significant and rapid transformation of an American city.'' Former Miami City Commissioner Johnny Winton 05/22/2005

My photo threads:

Old April 14th, 2008, 10:19 AM   #5758
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Well, among a myriad of websites that call Chicago the birthplace of the skyscraper, I did manage to find one that called lower Manhattan the birthplace of the skyscraper. That was the Skyscraper Museum in lower Manhattan, though I was not able to ascertain why they call it the birthplace of the skyscraper other than it being another case of someone passing off their opinion as fact.

Anyway, getting back on the topic, I can hardly wait for the Chicago Spire to top out so that I can go to Chicago and see it. At this point, I may never go to New York again, even after the Freedom Tower is completed.

My photo threads:

Old April 14th, 2008, 10:41 AM   #5759
BoulderGrad

Likes (Received): 1143

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDleSsWaLtZ View Post
oh no another one to make the "***** reference"...
It looks more like a drill bit than a ***** to me.
Old April 14th, 2008, 10:42 AM   #5760
xXFallenXx

No...wait....it luks liek a *****!!!111!!!!!!!1one!!!
ZOMG!!!

Tags
chicago, santiago calatrava, spire, tallest, tower