daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 12th, 2008, 07:53 AM   #6701
Basincreek
Contrary Lite

Likes (Received): 55

Underground. There will be an underground parking structure.
Basincreek no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 12th, 2008, 08:05 AM   #6702
helghast

Likes (Received): 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagophotoshop View Post
you really think the original version is best?

yes it was, if they stayed with that design it would of been my favorite design in the world, even better then the Burj Dubai
Old July 12th, 2008, 09:09 AM   #6703
Retrograde
Chicago

Likes (Received): 4

July 11, 2008

Old July 12th, 2008, 10:40 AM   #6704
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6525

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msradell View Post
It looks like Case has completed their work it is almost done cleaning up. Looks like the site is about ready to be turned over to the building contractor to work can really start!
yes, hopefully the wait for the building contractor wont take so much time ...can't wait to see progress on the site!
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2008, 10:58 AM   #6705
micrip

Likes (Received): 1049

What comes next...excavating the garage?
micrip no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2008, 12:59 PM   #6706
Capn Jef

Likes (Received): 9

So this means that all caissons are installed and the slurry and secant walls are complete, ready for excavation?

if so that's a good milestone
Capn Jef no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2008, 01:04 PM   #6707
Momo1435
-----アンジュルム-----

Likes (Received): 61039

No, it's not ready for excavation but for building the beginning of the core first and then build the first level floor before building the garage down while the tower goes up at the same time. This how it's done using the top down method that's being used here.

So at first we won;t be able to see much of the construction going on when they start to use the jump forms for the core in the hole. But that should go fast enough to make it rise above street level pretty soon.

I can't wait until they start, but somehow I don't think that will happen in the weekend.
Momo1435 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2008, 05:18 PM   #6708
friendsofthecity

Likes (Received): 690

They`ll start with the car park excavation first before any construction will begin. The car park is going to take a circular shape like the building itself or else there is going to be small parking space available.
friendsofthecity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2008, 05:27 PM   #6709
Momo1435
-----アンジュルム-----

Likes (Received): 61039

Not true.

Don't people read this thread or something? This has been explained many times before, we won't see any excavation.
Momo1435 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2008, 05:28 PM   #6710
BVictor1
Chicago's #1 Fan

Likes (Received): 880

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendsofthecity View Post
They`ll start with the car park excavation first before any construction will begin. The car park is going to take a circular shape like the building itself or else there is going to be small parking space available.
uh, no.

the parking isn't circular. it will be located for the most part under the plaza, and as far as everyone is concerned, construction began 1 year ago.
BVictor1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2008, 06:23 PM   #6711
buildmilehightower
NANI Luis Almeida Cunha

Likes (Received): 240

looks abandoned LoL.

Will be the same scene in a month anyway... (not complaining, good progress with not visible work, underground)
buildmilehightower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2008, 06:37 PM   #6712
skyboi
BANNED

Likes (Received): 77

610 m Tower is not a toy , it takes time you know ( I sometimes get impatient too hehe)

Zefire liked this post
skyboi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2008, 06:39 PM   #6713
BVictor1
Chicago's #1 Fan

Likes (Received): 880

Quote:
Originally Posted by helghast View Post
yes it was, if they stayed with that design it would of been my favorite design in the world, even better then the Burj Dubai
oh well...
BVictor1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2008, 06:53 PM   #6714
Msradell
Always looking up

Likes (Received): 209

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendsofthecity View Post
You need to verify your information before you go posting it as a fact. No part of your post is accurate. We've already seen the details that show the design of the underground parking garage and it's obviously not to round. The parking area is going to be built top down which is why all of the caissons were finished already. All of this information has already been posted if you'd take enough time to read it.

You won't have much credibility on this site if you continue to post inaccurate information.
Old July 12th, 2008, 06:58 PM   #6715
Msradell
Always looking up

Likes (Received): 209

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildmilehightower View Post
looks abandoned LoL.
Will be the same scene in a month anyway... (not complaining, good progress with not visible work, underground)
?? And you know this because? Case Foundation is demobilizing from the site now that their work is complete for the actual construction can begin. I'd expect that in the next month will begin seeing a lot of work on this site.
Old July 12th, 2008, 08:49 PM   #6716
Chi-Town Runner

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
You need to verify your information before you go posting it as a fact. No part of your post is accurate. We've already seen the details that show the design of the underground parking garage and it's obviously not to round. The parking area is going to be built top down which is why all of the caissons were finished already. All of this information has already been posted if you'd take enough time to read it.

You won't have much credibility on this site if you continue to post inaccurate information.
uhhh i dont think anyone is going to want to take the time to read 276 pages just to see if their info. on the parking is correct
Old July 12th, 2008, 10:09 PM   #6717
friendsofthecity

Likes (Received): 690

Quote:

I never called it a fact! I wrote that unknwonly as a mistake why discussing some business with a pal.
friendsofthecity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2008, 12:55 AM   #6718
Reaperducer

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTL Beach Bum View Post
Absolutely not true for Chicago and NYC at this time. There are no restrictions whatsoever at either, other than the normal airspace classifications, flight rules, etc. DC does have an ADIZ (Air Defense Identification Zone) out to a 30-nautical mile radius from Reagan-National Airport (specifically the VOR/DME navaid on-site), and a Flight Restricted Zone (FRZ) approximately 13 to 15 nautical miles in radius from the same navaid.
Very true. In fact, Daley had a rather public hissy fit in front of the television cameras about a year ago when FAA/TSA/DHS/Whomever refused to grant Chicago a no fly zone around downtown.
Reaperducer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2008, 12:57 AM   #6719
Reaperducer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewartrama View Post
im sry but i think that NYC claims the title of "birthplace of modern architecture". First 1000 footers, tallest buildings, etc.
New York claims a lot of things. Not all of them are true. I know. I was born and raised there.
There's a heapin' helpin' of skyscraper history on this page. The best part is the quote from the New York Times on March 18, 1928:
Quote:
Chicago was the real cradle of the skyscraper in actual practice. new York soon took the lead, however, for the simple reason that there was greater need there for the concentration of population which the skyscraper afforded.
Reaperducer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2008, 04:03 AM   #6720
pennster

The "claim of the birthplace of the skyscraper" and the "claim of the birthplace of modern architecture" are, I believe, two different things!! Wait, yes--they are!! Everyone knows and grows up leaning that the first "skyscraper" was in Chicago, and most people know that it was then in NYC where it was put into practice and developed most feverishly.
pennster no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
chicago, santiago calatrava, spire, tallest, tower