daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 5th, 2008, 05:48 PM   #6981
luci203

Likes (Received): 1202

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagophotoshop View Post
40 is not even that outraging... in New York are much higher.

502 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10022

Bedrooms: 4 Bathrooms: 6.5 Garage: 0
Square Ft: 6,200

"This Duplex Penthouse Is Truly A Trophy..."

Price: $51,000,000

I belive this building is around 500 ft.
luci203 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 5th, 2008, 05:49 PM   #6982
3521usa

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ross410 View Post
It's not just having enough rich people in the city - they have to want to move and spend a good chunk of cash in the process. As shown by the fact the spire's being advertised in every corner of the world except, it seems, chicago, then maybe it's true that there isn't enough rich people in the city willing to move in.
Where do you get your information from? The building is being advertised in the city.
3521usa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2008, 07:41 PM   #6983
cheeps
BANNED

Likes (Received): 112

Quote:
Originally Posted by ross410 View Post
It's not just having enough rich people in the city - they have to want to move and spend a good chunk of cash in the process. As shown by the fact the spire's being advertised in every corner of the world except, it seems, chicago, then maybe it's true that there isn't enough rich people in the city willing to move in.
According to Shelbourne...the majority of people buying are right here in Chicago! Your opinions make you sound very stupid.
cheeps no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2008, 08:15 PM   #6984
ross410
Electricityscape

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeps View Post
According to Shelbourne...the majority of people buying are right here in Chicago! Your opinions make you sound very stupid.
there's really no need for that, as i'm sure any normal person will agree.

'my opinion' was infact me exploring ideas that others on the site had brought up before, if you had fully read what has recently been written. I did not at any point state that I agreed but instead said 'maybe what he said is true for this reason'; it's called looking at all possibilities and doesn't make me look stupid, it makes me look rational.

Go back to protecting any slur on your city, theres a good boy
ross410 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2008, 08:20 PM   #6985
dachacon

Likes (Received): 164

Quote:
Originally Posted by luci203 View Post
40 is not even that outraging... in New York are much higher.

502 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10022

Bedrooms: 4 Bathrooms: 6.5 Garage: 0
Square Ft: 6,200

"This Duplex Penthouse Is Truly A Trophy..."

Price: $51,000,000

I belive this building is around 500 ft.
$51 Million is chump change, were talking about PARK AVE. after all. the most expensive real estate in all of the world.
(im probably being ignorant though, im not to familar with chicagos residential market such as prices and where all the rich people live)

people expect that kind of price when your talking about new york. think about it "4 bedroom 6 bath yours for only $51 million!!"
people laugh then ask "is this in New York or Beverly Hills?" to be frank chicago does not ring up when you think of homes for tens of millions of dollars. go on the street of anywhere and say "if you had $40 million to buy a house where would you buy?" and your typical answer will be #1 New York, #2 Beverly Hills, #3 London, #4 Paris, #5 The Hamptons, then theres MALIBU, BEL AIRE/LOS ANGELES. Chicago does not come sound very appealing to drop down $40 million for a condo, when they can get so much more for less, or the same price.

Last edited by dachacon; August 5th, 2008 at 08:39 PM.
dachacon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2008, 09:50 PM   #6986
BVictor1
Chicago's #1 Fan

Likes (Received): 879

A bit of info...

Quote:
Victor – just an update. The last of the super caisson cofferdams are being done and now it’s time for the main work on the core cofferdam. Over the next few weeks they will be digging deeper to install a 7th whaler ring in the core.

Next steps in construction are utilities. We have sewer, water, fire hydrants lines, electrical, phone – etc.. The entire building is Cat 6 wiring, which doesn’t even exist in that location yet. Additionally, there’s a ton of old stuff down there that needs to come up – everything from tunnels to old freight lines.

As to the question of why things are re-buried after construction – the space is very small and in order for equipment to be able to move around freely things below ground that are not immediately needed are reburied until needed again.

All of the garage caissons are done. You can see one in your picture that’s not completely buried, but capped above ground that’s being used for ventilation purposes.

The article from 2007 that you asked about – have no idea where that came from. It wasn’t something we were responsible for. Either way, it’s old and wrong. However, good news on the financing front is coming
BVictor1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2008, 10:11 PM   #6987
Chicagophotoshop
Chicago Photographer

Likes (Received): 14

nice. thanks bvic
Old August 6th, 2008, 12:42 AM   #6988
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6524

so they finally start working on the core again
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2008, 03:35 AM   #6989
Msradell
Always looking up

Likes (Received): 209

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVictor1 View Post
A bit of info...
. . ..
Who gave you this information? I'm not doubting it but there are several things in it that don't make sense. Why go ahead now and excavate the old stuff on the site, just wait and excavate it while digging the garage. Also from what we saw in the pictures the last garage caisson is being used as a place to draw water out of the site, there's really nothing below grade to ventilate. Also the cat 6 wiring will actually be in the building, I'm sure data won't leave the site on cat 6 cable because it's not capable of being used for distances >600'+/- fiber optic cable will be used for that and it will need to be installed much later.
Old August 6th, 2008, 04:01 AM   #6990
Jasonhouse
Senior Button Pusher

Likes (Received): 2460

^BVictor has already been vetted. You may question the integrity of his sources, but this site's administration does not.
Jasonhouse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2008, 04:01 AM   #6991
BVictor1
Chicago's #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZ-II View Post
so they finally start working on the core again
yup...

08/05/08
Old August 6th, 2008, 04:07 AM   #6992
BVictor1
Chicago's #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msradell View Post
Who gave you this information? I'm not doubting it but there are several things in it that don't make sense. Why go ahead now and excavate the old stuff on the site, just wait and excavate it while digging the garage. Also from what we saw in the pictures the last garage caisson is being used as a place to draw water out of the site, there's really nothing below grade to ventilate. Also the cat 6 wiring will actually be in the building, I'm sure data won't leave the site on cat 6 cable because it's not capable of being used for distances >600'+/- fiber optic cable will be used for that and it will need to be installed much later.
The stuff on the site that needs to be excavated as mentioned in the quote are old tunnels that lie under the site. They need to be worked on because theu don't want them to just collapse during the garage work.

The caisson garages are done, but there is a Deep Tunnel access shaft that is visible in most photos of the site because it's directly in the center of the site. That needs to be removed as well. That's what's being used for ventilation now.

The entire area is getting a utility upgrade.
Old August 6th, 2008, 04:46 AM   #6993
helghast

Likes (Received): 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVictor1 View Post
yup...

08/05/08
this means there going to start rising soon!!, there
digging up the caissons
Old August 6th, 2008, 07:14 AM   #6994
buildmilehightower
NANI Luis Almeida Cunha

Likes (Received): 240

HELL YEAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! finally......... after all those months and years for my struggle and sacrifice for this tower.
buildmilehightower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2008, 07:35 AM   #6995
fish

Likes (Received):

That huge hole looks like the shaft Darth Vader tossed the Emperor in!
Old August 6th, 2008, 07:54 AM   #6996
ljvdb

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by helghast View Post
this means there going to start rising soon!!, there
digging up the caissons
I think that is just Case finishing up its contract, preparing to install the last concrete ring at the bottom of the pit and cleaning up any old structures buried on the site.

The site will be ready for construction to go upward at that point, but has a firm been selected yet for the actual construction of the tower?
ljvdb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2008, 08:39 AM   #6997
fish

Likes (Received):

Source (Wikipedia): Chicago Spire
Old August 6th, 2008, 10:01 AM   #6998
armyv

Likes (Received): 2

That's a old pic. The trees are without greenery. I think march.
armyv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2008, 10:13 AM   #6999
luci203

Likes (Received): 1202

Don't know why everybody is so impatient, is not just a hole, is a gigant parking space, on wich they have to build a 2000 ft building. And the foundation is one of the most important feature in a construction(and the slowest).

I'm sure once they "hit" the first floor, in 12-16 months, it will surpas Sears.
luci203 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2008, 10:23 AM   #7000
buildmilehightower
NANI Luis Almeida Cunha

Likes (Received): 240

dont think anyone's complaining in this page.
buildmilehightower no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
chicago, santiago calatrava, spire, tallest, tower