daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 12th, 2008, 12:20 AM   #7841
Krattle

Likes (Received): 12

Economic recessions/depressions ALWAYS end. It's called the boom-bust cycle. Go look at this if you want to learn more: http://www.amazon.com/Americas-Great...pr_product_top

Who knows, maybe if they can't get enough investors this tower will be canceled. We'll just have to wait and see.
Krattle no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 12th, 2008, 12:24 AM   #7842
jalrox

Likes (Received): 0

No chance dear.....................
jalrox no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2008, 12:30 AM   #7843
Onn
BANNED

Likes (Received): 173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krattle View Post
Who knows, maybe if they can't get enough investors this tower will be canceled. We'll just have to wait and see.
But the develops have not said anywhere that they are having trouble getting financing. You’re basing this on pure speculation, and speculation is not a part of factual information. This building is not "pending", the developer has never said it was. So that label is misleading. People in connection with the project and covering the project are surely looking at these forums to gather information (like the rest of us are). You guys are fueling uncertainty and circulating untrue information about the project.
Onn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2008, 12:30 AM   #7844
spire1000
watchin you from above...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onn View Post
But there is no "pending" label! That's never been a label, you can't just make one up! I don't understand, you don't even need to look at pictures to decided (we know there's electrical work going on, and Shelbourne's defiantly selling units). You have to go by what the developer is telling us, and they have said nothing about "pending", in which case you guys are spreading false information! I have great respect for I_Am_Hydrogen, but this is not acceptable! I will consider writing a note to him also, if he does address my concerns.

And hello, nice to meet you. I've actually been following the forums for quite some time, thank you for the warm welcome.

ok,on that point your right.but then what will the label be changed to.

(other than that,welcome to ssc)

always here for help
spire1000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2008, 12:54 AM   #7845
nezzybaby
Look at my shiny ball

Likes (Received): 2841

I'm so sorry Onn, i wasn't aware that there was a law governing the names of threads within skyscraper forums. For future reference can you please link us to it so we do not make such an outrageous mistake again.

On Hold, Pending, slowed down, it doesn't matter what we put in the tag, the basic fact is this:

Activity on the site has slowed to a snails pace, the recent photos show little to no activity. Leaving the title saying U/C will cause 20 pages of muppets complaining about how slow the construction is. Changing it to cancelled will confuse everyone greatly. So we are left with on hold, slowing down or pending.

The titel isn't important, the information contained within the thread is. Anyone who has read a newspaper recently will be aware of the global economic crisis. Anyone who has looked at this site recently will have noticed the lack of productivity. Whether you put two and two together or not is irrelevant. Pending is as good a title as any, so pending it stays.
Old October 12th, 2008, 02:09 AM   #7846
spire1000

yes whats the point of fighting of a dumb label

always here for help
Old October 12th, 2008, 04:14 AM   #7847
Msradell
Always looking up

Likes (Received): 209

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequal View Post
Maybe they are putting the fences because of security purposes. Because when they start the ground works around the the big hole (the piling etc), I don't think they won't want to let a worker fall into that hole...
The caissons (pilings as you call them) have already been completed and their tops have been buried. You've been reading and commenting on this thread for quite awhile so you should know that.
Old October 12th, 2008, 04:18 AM   #7848
gt2437

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Huh? It's a construction trailer. Why would a construction trailer be there to drop off fencing? That makes no sense what-so-ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msradell View Post
I certainly never seen a construction trailer set up on a site just to install fencing. The trailer they moved in as a large one and looks like an office type trailer usually used by engineers and construction managers. Kind of a strange mix seeing the trailer arrive as well as the fencing around the hole. We'll just have to wait to see what happens when at least for me the trailer is a good sign.
oops sorry, I was looking at the last picture thinking it was a tractor trailer with the fencing that was being asked about.
gt2437 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2008, 04:57 AM   #7849
Krattle

Likes (Received): 12

Quote:
But the develops have not said anywhere that they are having trouble getting financing. You’re basing this on pure speculation, and speculation is not a part of factual information. This building is not "pending", the developer has never said it was. So that label is misleading. People in connection with the project and covering the project are surely looking at these forums to gather information (like the rest of us are). You guys are fueling uncertainty and circulating untrue information about the project.
Onn, if you want to invest in a multi-billion dollar project you are going to go to the source, not this forum. You may check this out just for the hell of it, but I highly doubt even that.

I'm not assuming anything.
Krattle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2008, 05:39 AM   #7850
Onn
BANNED

Likes (Received): 173

Quote:
Originally Posted by nezzybaby View Post
I'm so sorry Onn, i wasn't aware that there was a law governing the names of threads within skyscraper forums. For future reference can you please link us to it so we do not make such an outrageous mistake again.

On Hold, Pending, slowed down, it doesn't matter what we put in the tag, the basic fact is this:

Activity on the site has slowed to a snails pace, the recent photos show little to no activity. Leaving the title saying U/C will cause 20 pages of muppets complaining about how slow the construction is. Changing it to cancelled will confuse everyone greatly. So we are left with on hold, slowing down or pending.

The titel isn't important, the information contained within the thread is. Anyone who has read a newspaper recently will be aware of the global economic crisis. Anyone who has looked at this site recently will have noticed the lack of productivity. Whether you put two and two together or not is irrelevant. Pending is as good a title as any, so pending it stays.
There's no law governing this, but I know you guys have rules about other issues like it here! Don't start on the "When can the project be put under the under construction label?" There was a battle about that for months, and you know who one? The facts! The cassions were not started yet, so therefore the building could not be considered under construction, but was labeled site preparation! There were almost 20 pages of crap on that!!

Now either make a precedent on what "pending" means (in which case there are other projects that should have the same label) or you shouldn't use it! You're just confusing people, especially people who are new to the forums! You're spreading crap, this project’s not pending at all, its moving forward! I think this is completely unacceptable! Choose your words more carefully, this building is not pending! It's moving slow, come up with something more precise. Pending would mean "we’ve put this project on hold right now, because we are not sure if we want to go through with it ...". The Spire has defiantly been moving ahead the last two weeks! With such a landmark project, with so many people watching, don’t just slap down anything as to status of the project.

Quote:
(other than that,welcome to ssc)
And thank you also! I've been very excited about this tower, so much that I have actually written two papers on the project.

Last edited by Onn; October 12th, 2008 at 07:56 PM.
Onn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2008, 05:41 AM   #7851
g-man430

Likes (Received): 144

So, why is the construction trailer on site again if this project is delayed?
Old October 12th, 2008, 06:18 AM   #7852
go_leafs_go02

Likes (Received): 2

maybe it's a downgrade from their sales office somewhere else in chicago that they couldn't afford to stay in.

I doubt it, but just throwing out an idea. Cheaper to have an office on a site you technically own than to rent office space.
go_leafs_go02 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2008, 06:19 AM   #7853
backupcoolm3n
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

this better be built
backupcoolm3n no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2008, 03:01 PM   #7854
Msradell
Always looking up

Likes (Received): 209

Quote:
There was a battle about that for months, and you know who one? The facts! The cassions were not started yet, so therefore the building could not be considered under contraction, but was labeled site preparation! There were almost 20 pages of crap on that!!

And thank you also! I've been very excited about this tower, so much that I have actually written two papers on the project.
Good point and there are no facts now to tell us the project is on hold. There are several conflicting things going on which make it very difficult to tell what the actual status is. We'll all have to just wait and see as time passes what the actual status is. Personally I am betting that we will see further construction work start before the end of the year.

Last edited by Msradell; October 12th, 2008 at 07:30 PM.
Msradell no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2008, 06:04 PM   #7855
nezzybaby
Look at my shiny ball

Likes (Received): 2841

^Where did he say he thought the caissons were not done. He is simply mentioning the conversation that took forever last time someone challenged the status. In fact he was so outraged by it he wants to start it all over again... groan
Old October 12th, 2008, 09:22 PM   #7856
kingsc

Likes (Received): 199

I was here a few days ago and the thread was lock. What was up with that?
Old October 12th, 2008, 10:43 PM   #7857
spire1000

i have no clue what you are talking about.i come on tihs thread every day its never been locked.well,not when i was on

always here for help
Old October 12th, 2008, 10:48 PM   #7858
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6525

the thread was locked . better you stay on topic guys, or it will be locked again
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2008, 11:15 PM   #7859
CrazyAboutCities

Likes (Received): 240

I hope this awesome project won't be on hold for long time... I hope they will start work on this tower sooner than expected.
CrazyAboutCities no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2008, 11:50 PM   #7860
Birdboy08
Chicago!

I think we could expect to see construction resume before the end of October...

(hopefully)
Birdboy08 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
chicago, santiago calatrava, spire, tallest, tower