daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old October 22nd, 2009, 03:56 AM   #9121
Uaarkson
Sheet Metal Sketcher
 
Uaarkson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: East Side Flint
Posts: 2,527
Likes (Received): 1028

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Flame View Post
Oh, boo ******* hoo if your a Obama supporting communist, but he was born in Kenya. And he isn't the president. We currently don't have a president. He has 37 lawsuits against him currently, but he is a millionaire and is doing all that he can to shut them up. That is why you don't hear about this on Communist News Network (CNN) or Faux (Fox) News both of which are supported and owned by Rupert Murdoch who supports Obama.
And to your second woe, I was not trolling, just simply responding to above comments as to why Obama doesn't put any money in to this building.Not that we have any money anyway.
__________________
Manhattan http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S1MySJoFl8&hd=1 (HD)
Uaarkson no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 22nd, 2009, 04:09 AM   #9122
Metalus
Registered User
 
Metalus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Chicago
Posts: 102
Likes (Received): 1

Metalus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2009, 05:18 AM   #9123
Msradell
Always looking up
 
Msradell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Posts: 1,772
Likes (Received): 209

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
First: our president is not illegal. If he was, he wouldn't be president.
Not to be argumentative but that hasn't been decided yet. There are still many court cases pending on that subject.
__________________
"Written using Dragon Naturally Speaking"
I've learned that depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.
Msradell no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2009, 05:46 AM   #9124
PDC1987
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 287
Likes (Received): 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Flame View Post
Because I pay attenion and actually read not-slanted news.
LOL.

What you read is nonsense.
PDC1987 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2009, 05:47 AM   #9125
PDC1987
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 287
Likes (Received): 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msradell View Post
Not to be argumentative but that hasn't been decided yet. There are still many court cases pending on that subject.
Umm, once again, we have his birth certificate and newspaper announcements regarding his birth in a local Hawaii newspaper.
PDC1987 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2009, 05:48 AM   #9126
PDC1987
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 287
Likes (Received): 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Flame View Post
Oh, boo ******* hoo if your a Obama supporting communist, but he was born in Kenya. And he isn't the president. We currently don't have a president. He has 37 lawsuits against him currently, but he is a millionaire and is doing all that he can to shut them up. That is why you don't hear about this on Communist News Network (CNN) or Faux (Fox) News both of which are supported and owned by Rupert Murdoch who supports Obama.
And to your second woe, I was not trolling, just simply responding to above comments as to why Obama doesn't put any money in to this building.Not that we have any money anyway.
LMAO.

Fox is the channel perpetuating all the Obama hate.
PDC1987 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2009, 09:11 AM   #9127
g-man430
Registered User
 
g-man430's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 8,238
Likes (Received): 144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msradell View Post
Not to be argumentative but that hasn't been decided yet. There are still many court cases pending on that subject.
Every single court case that has been tried to be done regarding this has been thrown out for a reason. People seriously need to give it a rest.
__________________
Visit Greenville, SC
g-man430 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2009, 09:27 AM   #9128
ADCS
Kickin' it
 
ADCS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Screwston, Plexus
Posts: 507
Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Every single court case that has been tried to be done regarding this has been thrown out for a reason. People seriously need to give it a rest.
Yeah, seriously - judges have been chunking cases on the mere inference that it's about Obama's citizenship. This is simply a case where if you do not accept him as a citizen, then you are frankly not being reasonable
ADCS está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2009, 09:13 PM   #9129
ryan81
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 47
Likes (Received): 6

All of you

To you all:

When they build a Skyscraper and name it Obama (which I wouldn't doubt will happen), then let's talk about Obama on a Skyscraper forum...otherwise Please find an "is Obama a citizen" thread:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...thread-26.html

Nobody on here knows for a FACT (indisputable truth) one way or the other...so what's the point?

bye.
ryan81 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2009, 05:06 AM   #9130
harryc
Registered User
 
harryc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oak Park, Il
Posts: 2,099
Likes (Received): 375

Oct 22

From above

higer res 2007 series - 2008 Q1 series - 2008 Q2 series - 2008 Q3 & 4 series - 2009 series

Putting in a new fence - this one right along the the secant wall cap (the wooden one to the left will be removed) "more space".




Panasonic DMZ TZ4 - Picasa - Autostitch - Photomatix HDR
__________________
Harry C --- Picassa ---- Web Shots

“War is where the young and stupid are tricked by the old and bitter into killing each other.”

--Niko Bellic
harryc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2009, 05:23 AM   #9131
Msradell
Always looking up
 
Msradell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Posts: 1,772
Likes (Received): 209

Does anyone know the reason they're putting up the new fence? Seems like there was plenty of room between the buildings and the old one and if I'm not mistaken the old one was just put up last year.
__________________
"Written using Dragon Naturally Speaking"
I've learned that depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.
Msradell no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2009, 06:51 AM   #9132
harryc
Registered User
 
harryc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oak Park, Il
Posts: 2,099
Likes (Received): 375

It would seem they are trying to stay on the good side of the neighbors, other work this summer included putting back in the posts for the townhomes, re-doing their gardens, and fixing the path and fence by the slip.
__________________
Harry C --- Picassa ---- Web Shots

“War is where the young and stupid are tricked by the old and bitter into killing each other.”

--Niko Bellic
harryc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2009, 09:00 AM   #9133
micrip
Registered User
 
micrip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 3,874
Likes (Received): 1049

When I saw the first pic with activity on the site, I almost rejoiced. Then I saw what was going on. Looks like they are getting ready for the very long haul.
__________________
Baltimore...Propensity for Density
micrip no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2009, 05:31 PM   #9134
Blue Flame
Get Silly!
 
Blue Flame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Lexington,KY
Posts: 2,369
Likes (Received): 575

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDC1987 View Post
LOL.

What you read is nonsense.
Bullshit.
__________________
A cynic is nothing but a realist with experience.
Blue Flame no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2009, 05:37 PM   #9135
Blue Flame
Get Silly!
 
Blue Flame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Lexington,KY
Posts: 2,369
Likes (Received): 575

[QUOTE=Taiki24;44984038]Awwwww, isn't da wittle baby troll so cute!!!? Maybe when he grows up, he'll go troll political forums. As opposed to, you know, skyscraper forums. where nobody cares...

I won't even bother refuting your silly conspiracy theories, the mere fact that you believe in them so strongly is just adorable! Go cuddle up with your Glen Beck doll if us mean architecture enthusiasts laugh at you, nobody will judge.

Glen Beck is a ******* idiot. He is controlled opposition to make people feel like they have someone on their side. I hate that bastard. Sorry to all you other people on this site for getting off-topic. I just had to anwser this moron. Now I'm done with it. Let's get back on-topic.
__________________
A cynic is nothing but a realist with experience.
Blue Flame no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2009, 11:21 PM   #9136
Moby_
Registered User
 
Moby_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 64
Likes (Received): 5

i've following the spire for over a year, allthough i've only just joined I realy appreciate your weekly updates harry. So thank alot for all the pictures :-)
Moby_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2009, 11:27 AM   #9137
Taiki24
Ars longa, vita brevis
 
Taiki24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 182
Likes (Received): 6

[QUOTE=Blue Flame;45067118]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiki24 View Post
Awwwww, isn't da wittle baby troll so cute!!!? Maybe when he grows up, he'll go troll political forums. As opposed to, you know, skyscraper forums. where nobody cares...

I won't even bother refuting your silly conspiracy theories, the mere fact that you believe in them so strongly is just adorable! Go cuddle up with your Glen Beck doll if us mean architecture enthusiasts laugh at you, nobody will judge.

Glen Beck is a ******* idiot. He is controlled opposition to make people feel like they have someone on their side. I hate that bastard. Sorry to all you other people on this site for getting off-topic. I just had to anwser this moron. Now I'm done with it. Let's get back on-topic.
Oh, so you aren't one of those garden-variety run of the mill Beckophiles; you're an actual, honestly crazy conspiracy theorist. Ah well, better than a Beck fan.

However, taste in pundits aside, coming on to a Skyscraper forum and spamming everybody with widely-refuted political nonsense (or any political nonsense at all) is more than a little absurd. Let's stick to discussing the architectural merit and funding difficulties of this particular building, and not the politics of the country in which it is being built, shall we?
__________________
-The art of dancing stands at the source of all the arts that express themselves first in the human person. The art of building, or architecture, is the beginning of all the arts that lie outside the person; and in the end they unite.

-Havelock Ellis, The Dance of Life (1923)
Taiki24 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2009, 04:09 PM   #9138
SilentStrike
Registered User
 
SilentStrike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Wassenaar
Posts: 1,756
Likes (Received): 192

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiki24 View Post

Oh, so you aren't one of those garden-variety run of the mill Beckophiles; you're an actual, honestly crazy conspiracy theorist. Ah well, better than a Beck fan.

However, taste in pundits aside, coming on to a Skyscraper forum and spamming everybody with widely-refuted political nonsense (or any political nonsense at all) is more than a little absurd. Let's stick to discussing the architectural merit and funding difficulties of this particular building, and not the politics of the country in which it is being built, shall we?
Thats exactly what he just said... no need to always try and get the last word in.
SilentStrike no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2009, 05:08 PM   #9139
friendsofthecity
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,929
Likes (Received): 690

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryc View Post
It would seem they are trying to stay on the good side of the neighbors, other work this summer included putting back in the posts for the townhomes, re-doing their gardens, and fixing the path and fence by the slip.
Is this a sign of something good is going to happen to Chicagospire very soon?
friendsofthecity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2009, 08:22 PM   #9140
spectre000
Moderator
 
spectre000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: St. Paul
Posts: 7,906
Likes (Received): 5170

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendsofthecity View Post
Is this a sign of something good is going to happen to Chicagospire very soon?
No, the developer is just trying not to piss off the neighborhood. But it is a good sign that Shelbourne is in this thing for the long haul.
spectre000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
chicago, santiago calatrava, spire, tallest, tower

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu