daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 22nd, 2009, 03:56 AM   #9121
Uaarkson
Sheet Metal Sketcher

Likes (Received): 1028

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Flame View Post
Oh, boo ******* hoo if your a Obama supporting communist, but he was born in Kenya. And he isn't the president. We currently don't have a president. He has 37 lawsuits against him currently, but he is a millionaire and is doing all that he can to shut them up. That is why you don't hear about this on Communist News Network (CNN) or Faux (Fox) News both of which are supported and owned by Rupert Murdoch who supports Obama.
And to your second woe, I was not trolling, just simply responding to above comments as to why Obama doesn't put any money in to this building.Not that we have any money anyway.

Sponsored Links
Old October 22nd, 2009, 04:09 AM   #9122
Metalus

Likes (Received): 1

Metalus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2009, 05:18 AM   #9123
Msradell
Always looking up

Likes (Received): 209

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
First: our president is not illegal. If he was, he wouldn't be president.
Not to be argumentative but that hasn't been decided yet. There are still many court cases pending on that subject.
Old October 22nd, 2009, 05:46 AM   #9124
PDC1987

Likes (Received): 94

Quote:
Because I pay attenion and actually read not-slanted news.
LOL.

What you read is nonsense.
PDC1987 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2009, 05:47 AM   #9125
PDC1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msradell View Post
Not to be argumentative but that hasn't been decided yet. There are still many court cases pending on that subject.
Umm, once again, we have his birth certificate and newspaper announcements regarding his birth in a local Hawaii newspaper.
Old October 22nd, 2009, 05:48 AM   #9126
PDC1987

Quote:
Oh, boo ******* hoo if your a Obama supporting communist, but he was born in Kenya. And he isn't the president. We currently don't have a president. He has 37 lawsuits against him currently, but he is a millionaire and is doing all that he can to shut them up. That is why you don't hear about this on Communist News Network (CNN) or Faux (Fox) News both of which are supported and owned by Rupert Murdoch who supports Obama.
And to your second woe, I was not trolling, just simply responding to above comments as to why Obama doesn't put any money in to this building.Not that we have any money anyway.
LMAO.

Fox is the channel perpetuating all the Obama hate.
Old October 22nd, 2009, 09:11 AM   #9127
g-man430

Likes (Received): 144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msradell View Post
Every single court case that has been tried to be done regarding this has been thrown out for a reason. People seriously need to give it a rest.
Old October 22nd, 2009, 09:27 AM   #9128
ADCS
Kickin' it

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Every single court case that has been tried to be done regarding this has been thrown out for a reason. People seriously need to give it a rest.
Yeah, seriously - judges have been chunking cases on the mere inference that it's about Obama's citizenship. This is simply a case where if you do not accept him as a citizen, then you are frankly not being reasonable
ADCS está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2009, 09:13 PM   #9129
ryan81

Likes (Received): 6

All of you

To you all:

When they build a Skyscraper and name it Obama (which I wouldn't doubt will happen), then let's talk about Obama on a Skyscraper forum...otherwise Please find an "is Obama a citizen" thread:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...thread-26.html

Nobody on here knows for a FACT (indisputable truth) one way or the other...so what's the point?

bye.
ryan81 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2009, 05:06 AM   #9130
harryc

Likes (Received): 375

Oct 22

From above

higer res 2007 series - 2008 Q1 series - 2008 Q2 series - 2008 Q3 & 4 series - 2009 series

Putting in a new fence - this one right along the the secant wall cap (the wooden one to the left will be removed) "more space".

Panasonic DMZ TZ4 - Picasa - Autostitch - Photomatix HDR

“War is where the young and stupid are tricked by the old and bitter into killing each other.”

--Niko Bellic
harryc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2009, 05:23 AM   #9131
Msradell
Always looking up

Likes (Received): 209

Does anyone know the reason they're putting up the new fence? Seems like there was plenty of room between the buildings and the old one and if I'm not mistaken the old one was just put up last year.
Old October 23rd, 2009, 06:51 AM   #9132
harryc

Likes (Received): 375

It would seem they are trying to stay on the good side of the neighbors, other work this summer included putting back in the posts for the townhomes, re-doing their gardens, and fixing the path and fence by the slip.

“War is where the young and stupid are tricked by the old and bitter into killing each other.”

--Niko Bellic
harryc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2009, 09:00 AM   #9133
micrip

Likes (Received): 1049

When I saw the first pic with activity on the site, I almost rejoiced. Then I saw what was going on. Looks like they are getting ready for the very long haul.
Old October 23rd, 2009, 05:31 PM   #9134
Blue Flame
Get Silly!

Likes (Received): 575

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDC1987 View Post
LOL.

What you read is nonsense.
Bullshit.
Old October 23rd, 2009, 05:37 PM   #9135
Blue Flame
Get Silly!

Likes (Received): 575

[QUOTE=Taiki24;44984038]Awwwww, isn't da wittle baby troll so cute!!!? Maybe when he grows up, he'll go troll political forums. As opposed to, you know, skyscraper forums. where nobody cares...

I won't even bother refuting your silly conspiracy theories, the mere fact that you believe in them so strongly is just adorable! Go cuddle up with your Glen Beck doll if us mean architecture enthusiasts laugh at you, nobody will judge.

Glen Beck is a ******* idiot. He is controlled opposition to make people feel like they have someone on their side. I hate that bastard. Sorry to all you other people on this site for getting off-topic. I just had to anwser this moron. Now I'm done with it. Let's get back on-topic.
Old October 23rd, 2009, 11:21 PM   #9136
Moby_

Likes (Received): 5

i've following the spire for over a year, allthough i've only just joined I realy appreciate your weekly updates harry. So thank alot for all the pictures :-)
Moby_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2009, 11:27 AM   #9137
Taiki24
Ars longa, vita brevis

Likes (Received): 6

[QUOTE=Blue Flame;45067118]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiki24 View Post
Awwwww, isn't da wittle baby troll so cute!!!? Maybe when he grows up, he'll go troll political forums. As opposed to, you know, skyscraper forums. where nobody cares...

I won't even bother refuting your silly conspiracy theories, the mere fact that you believe in them so strongly is just adorable! Go cuddle up with your Glen Beck doll if us mean architecture enthusiasts laugh at you, nobody will judge.

Glen Beck is a ******* idiot. He is controlled opposition to make people feel like they have someone on their side. I hate that bastard. Sorry to all you other people on this site for getting off-topic. I just had to anwser this moron. Now I'm done with it. Let's get back on-topic.
Oh, so you aren't one of those garden-variety run of the mill Beckophiles; you're an actual, honestly crazy conspiracy theorist. Ah well, better than a Beck fan.

However, taste in pundits aside, coming on to a Skyscraper forum and spamming everybody with widely-refuted political nonsense (or any political nonsense at all) is more than a little absurd. Let's stick to discussing the architectural merit and funding difficulties of this particular building, and not the politics of the country in which it is being built, shall we?
-The art of dancing stands at the source of all the arts that express themselves first in the human person. The art of building, or architecture, is the beginning of all the arts that lie outside the person; and in the end they unite.

-Havelock Ellis, The Dance of Life (1923)
Taiki24 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2009, 04:09 PM   #9138
SilentStrike

Likes (Received): 192

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiki24 View Post

Oh, so you aren't one of those garden-variety run of the mill Beckophiles; you're an actual, honestly crazy conspiracy theorist. Ah well, better than a Beck fan.

However, taste in pundits aside, coming on to a Skyscraper forum and spamming everybody with widely-refuted political nonsense (or any political nonsense at all) is more than a little absurd. Let's stick to discussing the architectural merit and funding difficulties of this particular building, and not the politics of the country in which it is being built, shall we?
Thats exactly what he just said... no need to always try and get the last word in.
SilentStrike no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2009, 05:08 PM   #9139
friendsofthecity

Likes (Received): 690

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryc View Post
It would seem they are trying to stay on the good side of the neighbors, other work this summer included putting back in the posts for the townhomes, re-doing their gardens, and fixing the path and fence by the slip.
Is this a sign of something good is going to happen to Chicagospire very soon?
friendsofthecity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2009, 08:22 PM   #9140
spectre000

Likes (Received): 5170

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendsofthecity View Post
Is this a sign of something good is going to happen to Chicagospire very soon?
No, the developer is just trying not to piss off the neighborhood. But it is a good sign that Shelbourne is in this thing for the long haul.
spectre000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
chicago, santiago calatrava, spire, tallest, tower