daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old April 21st, 2007, 12:12 AM   #1021
Chicagotom
Registered User
 
Chicagotom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 420
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renton12 View Post
This tower has been talked about for years now. All of a sudden its making cnn i see today. I seriously doubt this will ever be built. We don't have the cheap labor like in Dubai to build something like this.
Wow Renton12 a whole big 3 posts I think I'll take you seriously
Chicagotom no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 21st, 2007, 12:39 AM   #1022
ChrisDVD
Registered User
 
ChrisDVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Montréal
Posts: 683
Likes (Received): 105

i just have a question? What is the purpose of this tower....Condos? living quarters? cuz it dosn't look offices...

Nyway, my say on tihs building, i think it is nice....it dosn't fit 100% into chicago, but i would never stop such a project....which it owuld be in Paris instead :P (thats how much i like it!) but i tinhk cities can't really stop making beautiful designs because of their old one...i tihnk they should go and change their skyline in different ways...diversity it's called
ChrisDVD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2007, 12:41 AM   #1023
Kngkyle
Registered User
 
Kngkyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Orlando
Posts: 610
Likes (Received): 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDVD View Post
i just have a question? What is the purpose of this tower....Condos? living quarters? cuz it dosn't look offices...

Nyway, my say on tihs building, i think it is nice....it dosn't fit 100% into chicago, but i would never stop such a project....which it owuld be in Paris instead :P (thats how much i like it!) but i tinhk cities can't really stop making beautiful designs because of their old one...i tihnk they should go and change their skyline in different ways...diversity it's called
Tallest residential building in the world. All condos, 1,200 of them.
Kngkyle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2007, 02:20 AM   #1024
ChrisDVD
Registered User
 
ChrisDVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Montréal
Posts: 683
Likes (Received): 105

thx for the response i'm actually happy for Chicago...nice to have the tallest residential tower in the world! again...i wish PAris would have it lol Well good Luck Chicago, all the besT! (Rrrr, i'm liking it more and more!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Chris
ChrisDVD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2007, 03:31 AM   #1025
-Corey-
Je suis tout à vous
 
-Corey-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 16,222
Likes (Received): 5223

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renton12 View Post
This tower has been talked about for years now. All of a sudden its making cnn i see today. I seriously doubt this will ever be built. We don't have the cheap labor like in Dubai to build something like this.
OMG.. The Spire Tower has been approved.. I couldn't find the information in ENglish.. but anyway here is the info about this mega tall OMG, im so excited..
http://www.elpais.com/articulo/cultu...lpepucul_7/Tes


Una Aguja de 610 metros de altura en Chicago

La torre Spire, ideada por Santiago Calatrava, tendrá 150 pisos y será el edificio más alto de EE UU (The Spire Tower, designed by Santiago Calatrava, will have 150 floors and will be the tallest buildin in the USA.)



Una comisión municipal de Chicago ha aprobado la construcción de una torre de apartamentos ideada por el arquitecto español Santiago Calatrava. La torre Spire (Aguja) se convertirá en el edificio más alto de Estados Unidos con 610 metros y 115 pisos.

Is it truth?? Please tell me..
__________________

๏̯͡๏๏̯͡๏
-Corey- no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2007, 04:16 AM   #1026
ricardo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 100
Likes (Received): 1

As for the quote from renton12 that it can't be build because is to expensive and it will be better in Dubai because of cheap labor. I wonder if you have seen any specials on the golden city of Dubai where the labor is actually slave labor . These people only make about $8.00 a day working over 12 hours a day and live in slums. Do not get me wrong with Dubaibehind the butty thereis a very dark side.
ricardo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2007, 04:18 AM   #1027
ricardo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 100
Likes (Received): 1

I meant Behind the beauty there is a dark side. Sorry
ricardo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2007, 04:40 AM   #1028
pwalker
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Native Seattleite
Posts: 1,438
Likes (Received): 66

This story went national today. CNN, and a lot of media around the country are finally taking notice.
pwalker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2007, 05:07 AM   #1029
-Corey-
Je suis tout à vous
 
-Corey-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 16,222
Likes (Received): 5223

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker View Post
This story went national today. CNN, and a lot of media around the country are finally taking notice.
so this means that the tower is approved?
__________________

๏̯͡๏๏̯͡๏
-Corey- no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2007, 05:18 AM   #1030
pwalker
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Native Seattleite
Posts: 1,438
Likes (Received): 66

First tier of approval is done. Still has to pass a couple of other city approvals.

Last edited by pwalker; April 21st, 2007 at 07:39 AM.
pwalker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2007, 05:57 AM   #1031
Chi649
Registered User
 
Chi649's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 1,156
Likes (Received): 12

I believe just one more on May 9. It is expected to pass with flying colors though. Thanks Kngkyle for that great video.
Chi649 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2007, 09:35 AM   #1032
pflo777
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,456
Likes (Received): 89

Quote:
Here is a great video presentation of it:
http://link.brightcove.com/services/...bcpid770169321
Whats the name of the classic music in the background?
__________________

Zefire liked this post
pflo777 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2007, 03:21 PM   #1033
Neutral!
ESTELI REPUBLIC
 
Neutral!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: ESTELI-Delft-Milan-Roma-NWestfalen-NY-CHI-BCN-MAD-BIO-MIAMI-SEA-AMS-SF-LA-Moscu-München-LONDON-PARIS
Posts: 6,615
Likes (Received): 1650

Simply great!
__________________
Esteli City (urban center -- casco urbano): 120,014 + hab./pop.
Esteli City (urban hinterland -- metro): 1,139,195.00 +hab./pop.



Neutral! no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2007, 05:53 PM   #1034
FastFerrari
I double dog dare you!!!
 
FastFerrari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Antonio, Texas - USA
Posts: 707
Likes (Received): 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renton12 View Post
This tower has been talked about for years now. All of a sudden its making cnn i see today. I seriously doubt this will ever be built. We don't have the cheap labor like in Dubai to build something like this.
Uhm thats a good point however, this is AMERICA and have u seen what we can build...besides, not to be streotypical but there are hundreds of thousands of immigrant workers here who would step up to the plate to help build this project that will take years to build.
FastFerrari no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2007, 07:51 PM   #1035
cas1976
Registered User
 
cas1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 7
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex537 View Post
OMG.. The Spire Tower has been approved.. I couldn't find the information in ENglish.. but anyway here is the info about this mega tall OMG, im so excited..
http://www.elpais.com/articulo/cultu...lpepucul_7/Tes


Una Aguja de 610 metros de altura en Chicago

La torre Spire, ideada por Santiago Calatrava, tendrá 150 pisos y será el edificio más alto de EE UU (The Spire Tower, designed by Santiago Calatrava, will have 150 floors and will be the tallest buildin in the USA.)



Una comisión municipal de Chicago ha aprobado la construcción de una torre de apartamentos ideada por el arquitecto español Santiago Calatrava. La torre Spire (Aguja) se convertirá en el edificio más alto de Estados Unidos con 610 metros y 115 pisos.

Is it truth?? Please tell me..
A municipal commission of Chicago has approved the construction of a tower of apartments devised by Spanish architect Santiago Calatrava. The Spire tower (Needle) will upper become the building of the United States with 610 meters and 115 floors.
It is hoped that the construction begins this one spring and finishes in 2009. The tower will lodge 1,200 houses and not only he will be the building upper of the U.S.A. but the building of houses upper of the entire world.
cas1976 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2007, 08:08 PM   #1036
Kngkyle
Registered User
 
Kngkyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Orlando
Posts: 610
Likes (Received): 21

Ugh, its disgusting how so many articles have incorrect information.
Kngkyle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2007, 11:38 PM   #1037
-Corey-
Je suis tout à vous
 
-Corey-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 16,222
Likes (Received): 5223

Quote:
Originally Posted by cas1976 View Post
A municipal commission of Chicago has approved the construction of a tower of apartments devised by Spanish architect Santiago Calatrava. The Spire tower (Needle) will upper become the building of the United States with 610 meters and 115 floors.
It is hoped that the construction begins this one spring and finishes in 2009. The tower will lodge 1,200 houses and not only he will be the building upper of the U.S.A. but the building of houses upper of the entire world.
haha did u use Google Translator?
__________________

๏̯͡๏๏̯͡๏
-Corey- no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2007, 12:43 AM   #1038
harvesterofsorrows
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 642
Likes (Received): 113

Alex es un joto.
__________________

Zefire liked this post
harvesterofsorrows no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2007, 01:03 AM   #1039
-Corey-
Je suis tout à vous
 
-Corey-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 16,222
Likes (Received): 5223

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvesterofsorrows View Post
Alex es un joto.
don't spam the thread..
__________________

๏̯͡๏๏̯͡๏
-Corey- no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2007, 03:27 AM   #1040
Mr Grosso
Registered User
 
Mr Grosso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 408
Likes (Received): 17

Great design very nice !
Mr Grosso no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
chicago, santiago calatrava, spire, tallest, tower

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu