daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 1st, 2008, 02:08 AM   #321
KIWIKAAS

Likes (Received): 751

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svartmetall View Post
Sheash, that's right on the Southbank isn't it? That's quite impressive, though it'll scar the area immensely won't it?
The main project area is on the stretch between the Bolte Bridge and Montague Street which is largely industrial. The stretch between Montague St and Kingsway will mainly just be a 3-4m widening of the existing viaduct. It won't hurt Southbank.
KIWIKAAS no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 1st, 2008, 02:19 AM   #322
Dale

Likes (Received): 5511

Anyone know where Mad Max was filmed ? I'm guessing somewhere outside of Melbourne.
Dale no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2008, 02:21 AM   #323
KIWIKAAS

Likes (Received): 751

Close to Silverton in NSW. Just a little to the west of Broken Hill. I'm talking about Mad Max 2 though
KIWIKAAS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2008, 04:11 AM   #324
你8
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIWIKAAS View Post

In a nut shell.

They are also widening the Monash Fwy to 4-4 over a distance of 30km so 4-4 will certainly be the typical width in Melbourne once thats done with the 3-3s in the minority.
I'm pretty sure Krudd has also promised to upgrade the Western Ring Road 4x4 lanes within the next few years ...
once that's done the 4x4 will be the typical width here

Hopefully Buttby follows thru with his re-ignited agenda to fill the gap between Eastlink and the ringroad, and build the Frankston Bypass. Then we'll have a nice complete network.
你8 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2008, 06:00 AM   #325
NZer

Likes (Received): 22

A complete freeway network?

Please PM me the contact details of your drug dealer.
NZer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2008, 06:17 AM   #326
ggonza
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

At least you have good highways. Look at this:

BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA:

Guys, Buenos Aires will collaps...........................

Last edited by ggonza; August 1st, 2008 at 06:25 AM.
ggonza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2008, 06:22 AM   #327
NZer

How old is that highway?
Old August 1st, 2008, 07:08 AM   #328
你8
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZer View Post
A complete freeway network?

Please PM me the contact details of your drug dealer.
I'll give you his web address: www.melbournekicksperthsassanyday.com
Old August 1st, 2008, 07:16 AM   #329
NZer

Link didn't work.
Old August 1st, 2008, 08:55 AM   #330
你8
BANNED

back on topic...

it will be resonably complete once the Frankston bypass, the eastlink-ringroad connection and the east-west tunnel are built (IF they are built, knowing our shitty governments and rampant NIMBY/greenie infection).
Old August 1st, 2008, 04:34 PM   #331
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Location: Past: Northampton, UK (19 years), Auckland NZ (7 years), Now: Stockholm, Sweden
Likes (Received): 8798

Sheash, you're actually being quite offensive. There is no need to be so vitriolic towards people who dislike rampant and inefficient road expansion.

Each of your posts has been derisive towards government and/or people who oppose motorways. Try to be a little less overt in your hatred for the world.
Svartmetall no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2008, 04:39 PM   #332
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

On the other hand, anti-motorwayists are also not the nicest in their talk.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2008, 04:41 PM   #333
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Location: Past: Northampton, UK (19 years), Auckland NZ (7 years), Now: Stockholm, Sweden

We all have our moments, it's just I've been following his posts here, in railways and in Ozscrapers too and he tends to be slightly too brash in his language.
Old August 1st, 2008, 04:45 PM   #334
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

Well, actually I can understand some anger towards the greenist parties, in the Netherlands, they're also endless slowing down all kinds of projects. It costs the economy hundreds of millions.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2008, 04:46 PM   #335
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriszwolle View Post
Well, actually I can understand some angry towards the greenist parties, in the Netherlands, they're also endless slowing down all kinds of projects. It costs the economy hundreds of millions.
If you want to have a discussion on motorways/PT development and economic impacts worldwide I'm more than happy to shoot PM's to you rather than clog threads.
Old August 2nd, 2008, 02:15 AM   #336
kozel
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Anyone know where Mad Max was filmed ? I'm guessing somewhere outside of Melbourne.
Mad Max (1) was filmed outside of Melbourne. Check out the link:

http://www.madmaxmovies.com/making/madmax/index.html
kozel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2008, 03:10 AM   #337
你8
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svartmetall View Post
Sheash, you're actually being quite offensive. There is no need to be so vitriolic towards people who dislike rampant and inefficient road expansion.
I know, but i really really do hate greenies and nimbys with a passion. It's not just roads, if they are so against urban development, why don't they just go and live in caves and let the rest of us prosper in peace.

Quote:
Each of your posts has been derisive towards government and/or people who oppose motorways. Try to be a little less overt in your hatred for the world.
The government here does nothing except impose taxes upon taxes and even cancel many big-ticket projects so yeah I find it hard to 'like' them.

hatred for the world? Why do you say that?
Old August 2nd, 2008, 07:21 AM   #338
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Quote:
Originally Posted by 你8 View Post
I know, but i really really do hate greenies and nimbys with a passion. It's not just roads, if they are so against urban development, why don't they just go and live in caves and let the rest of us prosper in peace.

The government here does nothing except impose taxes upon taxes and even cancel many big-ticket projects so yeah I find it hard to 'like' them.

hatred for the world? Why do you say that?
Nah, I'm a green voter but I agree with urban development very much so. I also don't like some of their policies regarding preservation and conservation, however, I do agree that public transport infrastructure should come first in cities like Melbourne which have extensive motorway networks.

As far as Aussie taxation goes, if we look abroad at other countries you'll see that Aussies don't get taxed all that much overall and you guys do have quite a few benefits attached to your taxation.

My hatred of the world remark was just a little tongue in cheek.
Old August 2nd, 2008, 10:14 AM   #339
你8
BANNED

Conversly, I'm a Liberal Voter but like you didn't agree with all of the policies of my favoured Govt, but they were sure as sweet hell more competent at running the country/state than the idiots we have now.

As a PT user, I do believe that there should be FAR MORE investment in rail and bus, as Melbourne's PT is a joke to be 100% honest, especially the trains. The tracks are horrible, the trains themselves are not allowed to operate at top speed (130km/h for communter, 160km/h for intercity), but are restricted to 115km/h and 130km/h respectively purely due to track conditions. Some straight-line urban track is actually restricted to 80km/h

A case in point, the bus to/from my station used to operate hourly, which was aweful but recently they introduced half-hourly services which has made a world of difference. It's NOT HARD to improve PT, but for our governemnts it is apparently akin to sending a space ship to Mars, which brings us back to my dislike for this government(s).

That being said, I firmly believe that PT and roads COMPLEMENT each other, rather than being substitutes for each other as alot of people seemn to believe.
Old August 19th, 2008, 06:26 AM   #340
HindenPeter
BANNED

a few more from around Melbourne:

HindenPeter no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
australia, highways, motorways, roads