daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Photo Forums > Cityscapes and Skyline Photos

Cityscapes and Skyline Photos Photos and images from all around the world

Old January 29th, 2007, 06:50 AM   #41
dfbm

Likes (Received): 137

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablue View Post
Impressive due to the sheer ammount of development and size, but too many ugly buildings IMO...I don't see how people could consider a city with so many boring concrete blocks beautiful, it just shows you how beauty is in the eye of the beholder.....it looks like benidorm on steroids. Yes, there are some nice areas, but the ammount concrete apartment blocks is crazy and there seems to be a lack of good design.... You have your work cut out for you...you will need to gradually replace those buildings as your economy grows...they won't win any beauty awards. They are overbearing...think how beautiful it could have been without those buildings, or if they had been done in a humane style rather than a brutalist one. I dont consider cities beautiful just because they are massive.. its not quantity of buildings but ist the quality of the urbanscape...give me a beautifully intact small town over that city anyday.
Those photos are from the older buildings in downtown. Most of them are just ugly blocks, as you say (except those in Afonso Pena, where they are better). But in newest regions like Belvedere you will see a very different architeture. Look at this photos, for example. That's why Maria Theresa hasn't liked this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria Theresa View Post
BH

Concentração de residenciais

Courchevel

Vidro refletivo azul e granito marrom. Granito e todas as laterais e na parte de trás tb.

Escultura metálica decorando o porte-cochére do prédio e guarda corpos de vidro.

Olhando mais de perto

Escadas de acesso à portaria. TUDO em granito. Muretas de vidro azul por todos os lados. Corrimão em aço inox. Cada centímetro é granito ou vidro.

Outro residencial. Na rua de trás.
Sempre me esqueço o nome desse.

Palmeiras, granito e vidro. Tá bem Miami esse Belvedere...

Agora, visto de frente. Reparem no topo do prédio, todo moderno. A cobertura "salta" para a fora.
Esse residencial é super moderno, cada ângulo que vc olha, é uma visão diferente. TODO o prédio tem granito.

A portaria é simplesmente um ESCÂNDALO.

Olhem o acabamento e o design. Uma coluna de vidro azul corta o prédio, e o vidro é todo lacrado nessa parte.

Visto de trás. Janelas e nada de paredão nem empenas cegas. O prédio é bonito e bem desenhado por todos os lados.

Muros em vidro permitem visualizar o jardim interno com palmeiras e cactus.

Palmeiras lindas. Estão pra todo lado.

Outro residencial, que tb não lembro o nome.
GRANITO VERMELHO pra tudo quanto é lado. Vidros azuis esverdeados tb.

Um casal pobre olhava Mary T. tirar fotos das janelas azuis de sua sala no segundo andar

Let´s move on.
Marina Del Rey ( adoro esse nome californiano)

Palmeiras impecáveis e muros em granito negro. Calçadas alinhadas e padronizadas em todo o bairro.

Outro prédio, do lado do anterior.

A entrada desse prédio é simplesmente MARAVILHOSA.

O hall de entrada tem vão livre de 3 ANDARES, TUDO COM PAREDES DE VIDRO. Reparem na escada, toda branca, subindo o o hall.

Asfalto bom, calçadas limpas, bem cuidadas, PADRONIZADAS e alinhadas. Postes só ficam de um lado da rua, deixando o outro lado livre de poluição visual.

Saint Denis

Stanza D´oro.

É bem imponente.

As palmeiras de novo.

Terrazzo Esmeralda e Saint Emilión vcs já conhecem. Os prédios mostrados anteriormente no thread são todos vizinhos dos dois.
Que conjunto hein

The Crowd: Yes! We're all different!
Man in crowd: I'm not...
The Crowd: Schhh!!!
dfbm no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old January 29th, 2007, 09:41 AM   #42
wicca13
WiccanMan

Likes (Received): 1509

Wow those are great buildings! I love Belo Horizonte, sometimes I just think about BH as a first world city!
wicca13 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2007, 12:29 PM   #43
Pegasusbsb27
BANNED

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruhno BSB View Post
WOW!!!
Great photos!!!
Thank you for the pics...
You're welcome Bruno!
Pegasusbsb27 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2007, 12:36 PM   #44
Pegasusbsb27
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfbm View Post
Those photos are from the older buildings in downtown. Most of them are just ugly blocks, as you say (except those in Afonso Pena, where they are better). But in newest regions like Belvedere you will see a very different architeture. Look at this photos, for example. That's why Maria Theresa hasn't liked this thread.
I must insist in one thing here...and I ask you to take a look in pictures of some city like Melbourne or San Francisco, for instance!!!! Like Belo Horizonte, those cities have many and many ultra-modern buildings. But Like Belo Horizonte they don't want to close their eyes to their past in the name of progress. In fact there are ugly buildings in every city, but I wouldn't say that that nice exemple in Caeté Street picture is an ugly one. Or you and Thereza are saying that beautiful buildings are only those exemples that you have posted above?...
Old January 30th, 2007, 12:01 AM   #45
Marco Polo

The initial pictures are simply great - thanks for sharing Would like to visit one day!!
Marco Polo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2007, 02:16 AM   #46
dfbm

Likes (Received): 137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasusbsb27 View Post
I must insist in one thing here...and I ask you to take a look in pictures of some city like Melbourne or San Francisco, for instance!!!! Like Belo Horizonte, those cities have many and many ultra-modern buildings. But Like Belo Horizonte they don't want to close their eyes to their past in the name of progress. In fact there are ugly buildings in every city, but I wouldn't say that that nice exemple in Caeté Street picture is an ugly one. Or you and Thereza are saying that beautiful buildings are only those exemples that you have posted above?...
Neither do I. In fact, I agree with you.

Reading again, what I wrote its quite confuse. I was just trying to show aquablue that we have new buildings too, the city isn't only those from downtown.

When I wrote "Most of them are just ugly blocks", I should have written that are very good ones among the blocks. I particully love those triangular buildings that we have due to the streets layout.
The Crowd: Yes! We're all different!
Man in crowd: I'm not...
The Crowd: Schhh!!!
dfbm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2007, 02:34 AM   #47
'rational crazy'
BANNED

Location: In a clinic for crazy people in Belo Horizonte - Brazil
Likes (Received): 1

GENTE, parem de comentar nesse tópico para que ele, juntamente com essas primeiras fotos toscas e feias de BH sejam eliminados do forum pra sempre!!!

(quem é o dono desse tópico que escreve o titulo dele com o maior alarde em letras maiusculas, sendo nem um pouco discreto, além de mostrar fotos feias de BH detonando a cidade pro mundo todo?!!!

...que tópico mais mal feito esse aqui!
'rational crazy' no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2007, 02:37 AM   #48
Pegasusbsb27
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Polo View Post
The initial pictures are simply great - thanks for sharing Would like to visit one day!!
Belo Horizonte (and the State of Minas) is waiting for you. You know when I was a teenager, living in the little town of Araujos (the last one on my post), the priest was dutch, from a small town too, named Breda. He was a great man in the city, by that time (70's). He's name was Ludovicus Franciscus Von Sootiens. He played a very important hole in my little town life. The city ought too much to that energic man who died early in the 80's from cancer. He was buried in The Netherlands (maybe in his hometown, I don't know). With him (who was for many years the principal of the city's High school), we learned to love his country. From him we had discovered (through his slides), the Amsterdan canals, some protected anthills (??), the national preference for the bikes, and so many other things. Those were good times! I miss them so much! Today Araujos' Sport Center takes his Name proudly!
The city is some 150 km west of Belo Horizonte and the priests in that area of the state usually come from the Netherlands, even today.
Old January 30th, 2007, 02:40 AM   #49
Pegasusbsb27
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'rational crazy' View Post
GENTE, parem de comentar nesse tópico para que ele, juntamente com essas primeiras fotos toscas e feias de BH sejam eliminados do forum pra sempre!!!

(quem é o dono desse tópico que escreve o titulo dele com o maior alarde em letras maiusculas, sendo nem um pouco discreto, além de mostrar fotos feias de BH detonando a cidade pro mundo todo?!!!

...que tópico mais mal feito esse aqui!
Nossa, não gosta do Lugar onde mora? Quanto ranço! Parece que o resto do mundo não compartilha de sua vizão, felizmente!!!!!
Old January 30th, 2007, 02:41 AM   #50
'rational crazy'
BANNED

Pampulha lake in Belo Horizonte

Casa do Baile, de 1947

Aqui eram realizadas algumas das festas mais badaladas de Minas. A Casa do Baile fica numa pequena ilha na lagoa ligada por uma ponte de pedestres. É toda revestida de azulejos.

A Igreja da Pampulha

A melhor parte

Agora, saindo dos pontos turísticos, está o mais bonito da Pampulha na minha opinião. As mansões modernistas. Casas com pé direito alto, muito vidro, janelões, azulejos e cores fortes. Todas com grandes jardins e grandes terrenos, e muita calçada portuguesa preto e branco.

Orla da Lagoa

Alguns trechos da orla da Lagoa são MUITO legais de se ver. As casas são cada uma mais interessante que a outra, especialmente para quem estuda arquitetura.

Uma das entradas de uma mega mansão que ocupa um quarteirão inteiro. Essa casa tem várias entradas diferentes, em cada um dos lados do quarteirão, de modo que vc não sabe qual é a entrada oficial. Há muros altíssimos e MUITAS plantas e árvores Dá para ver um pouco o estilo modernista dela, por detrás das plantas.

Os jardins são ENORMES, são vários metros de grama até chegar ao muro das casas.

Escultura

Anos 40, até antes do modernismo.

Tirei essa foto escondida. Enfiei a camera dentro da grade. É uma casa construída por Niemeyer, umas das raras CASAS que ele fez.

Bem anos 50. Sem muros, só jardins. Azulejos rosas e sem telhado. E tem essas pedrinhas vermelhas tb.

Bem anos 60.

Os terrenos enormes e as INÚMERAS palmeiras imperiais são uma das marcas da Pampulha.

Casa de 1 quarteirão. Parece até clube.

Entrando para o bairro, calçadas super largas, com faixas de grama e palmeiras imperiais.

Mais

[/QUOTE]
Old January 30th, 2007, 02:42 AM   #51
Pegasusbsb27
BANNED

Quote:
Pampulha lake in Belo Horizonte

Casa do Baile, de 1947

Aqui eram realizadas algumas das festas mais badaladas de Minas. A Casa do Baile fica numa pequena ilha na lagoa ligada por uma ponte de pedestres. É toda revestida de azulejos.

A Igreja da Pampulha

A melhor parte

Agora, saindo dos pontos turísticos, está o mais bonito da Pampulha na minha opinião. As mansões modernistas. Casas com pé direito alto, muito vidro, janelões, azulejos e cores fortes. Todas com grandes jardins e grandes terrenos, e muita calçada portuguesa preto e branco.

Orla da Lagoa

Alguns trechos da orla da Lagoa são MUITO legais de se ver. As casas são cada uma mais interessante que a outra, especialmente para quem estuda arquitetura.

Uma das entradas de uma mega mansão que ocupa um quarteirão inteiro. Essa casa tem várias entradas diferentes, em cada um dos lados do quarteirão, de modo que vc não sabe qual é a entrada oficial. Há muros altíssimos e MUITAS plantas e árvores Dá para ver um pouco o estilo modernista dela, por detrás das plantas.

Os jardins são ENORMES, são vários metros de grama até chegar ao muro das casas.

Escultura

Anos 40, até antes do modernismo.

Tirei essa foto escondida. Enfiei a camera dentro da grade. É uma casa construída por Niemeyer, umas das raras CASAS que ele fez.

Bem anos 50. Sem muros, só jardins. Azulejos rosas e sem telhado. E tem essas pedrinhas vermelhas tb.

Bem anos 60.

Os terrenos enormes e as INÚMERAS palmeiras imperiais são uma das marcas da Pampulha.

Casa de 1 quarteirão. Parece até clube.

Entrando para o bairro, calçadas super largas, com faixas de grama e palmeiras imperiais.

Mais

[/QUOTE]

Taí...ao invés de malhar, deveria ter dado essa contribuição antes. Embora eu não creia que o resto do mundo esteja querendo ver o mais ou menos sofisticado bairro da Pampulha!...
Old January 30th, 2007, 02:45 AM   #52
'rational crazy'
BANNED

More Belo Horizonte

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardo_nj View Post
Algumas fotos ineditas outras nem tanto... Pra fazer uma coletanea do relevo da cidade.

Esta foto eh bem legal

12 1/2 (pra nao dar azar com aquele numero... heheheh)

Telescopio e Serra da Piedade na RM

Bungee Jump na torre

Last edited by 'rational crazy'; December 26th, 2007 at 12:24 AM.
Old January 30th, 2007, 02:48 AM   #53
'rational crazy'
BANNED

More...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhte View Post
Dei uma garimpada e achei várias fotos, algumas novas, outras em ângulos diferentes, de toda forma bem bonitas, especialmente as noturnas. Lembrando que estas fotos não são minhas. Caso o dono de alguma foto quiser eu posso colocar os créditos, salvei o arquivo com os links para os álbuns mas não me lembro onde coloquei.

Fim
Old January 30th, 2007, 02:49 AM   #54
IMPÉRIO-BR
BANNED

Likes (Received): 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria Theresa View Post
ugly selection of pics.

Showed mostly the old and decadent areas of Belo Horizonte
IMPÉRIO-BR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2007, 02:29 PM   #55
Pegasusbsb27
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMPÉRIO-BR View Post
I agree with you...She was so weird by posting that comment
Old January 30th, 2007, 02:35 PM   #56
Pegasusbsb27
BANNED

Quote:
More...
MUITO BEM, AGORA VC MOSTROU SEU VALOR!!! Belissimas fotos, espero que não se importe mas peguei algumas delas para serem papéis de parede do meu PC. Pode me dizer como fazer pra chegar ao local de onde foi tirada a foto 12?

Last edited by Pegasusbsb27; January 30th, 2007 at 02:40 PM.
Old January 30th, 2007, 10:51 PM   #57
MasonsInquiries
B-MORE than u strive for!

Likes (Received): 3

this one's my favorite!!!
MasonsInquiries no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2007, 02:01 AM   #58
Pegasusbsb27
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasonsInquiries View Post

this one's my favorite!!!
Thanks for your apreciation MasonsIquiries...Just in case you don't know, the square building next to the top right is the tallest in the city with 32 floors named Conjunto Jk, in Raul Soares Square, one of the most beautiful squares in the city.
Old January 31st, 2007, 05:23 AM   #59
AcesHigh
Taking On The World

Likes (Received): 3373

fantastic pictures!! How did you manage to capture the car´s movement (motion blur) in broad daylight? I mean, to capture movement you must set the shutter speed to lower speeds... but that results in too much light being captured (if its a bright day) and very bright washed out pics!
AcesHigh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2007, 06:27 AM   #60
DarkLite
Usuario

Likes (Received): 5144

keep them coming....i relle love this thread. to be honest its the best i've seen in SSC in all my 2 years here. i guess it is because i love your country!
DarkLite no está en línea   Reply With Quote