daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 30th, 2007, 07:17 PM   #41
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Likes (Received): 125

Cul, ocean heights II should be about twice as thin. Also it's not actually under construction yet
malec no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 30th, 2007, 11:02 PM   #42
CULWULLA

Likes (Received): 10123

^thanks. ill try to amend diagram. i did ocean heights 2 front on. i think its really thin from side? anyway it would be better if i could get an elevation or plan etc.
cheers
Old January 30th, 2007, 11:14 PM   #43
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Likes (Received): 125

Basically as thin as princess tower or any of those
malec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2007, 12:11 AM   #44
Dr Drums
Best Quality Since 1982

Likes (Received): 1178

I think it´s a great job what you´ve done, by the way a cut off of 350m would be nice, that way you leave at least one project from latinamerica lol.
Old February 2nd, 2007, 09:52 AM   #45
Rasen
Lawliet's Goddess

Likes (Received): 0

Wow...!!!!
Rasen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2007, 12:00 AM   #46
zerokarma

Likes (Received): 12

Awesome diagram
zerokarma no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2007, 03:25 AM   #47
mikering
Edificio más bajo anexo

Likes (Received): 5

well if u have so many job to do just dont put the buildings over 300m which ae on pilling stage /foundation stage beacause thats very slow

or u may put the cutoff as u said at 380 m (i prefer 350m) but thats up to u , u are the one who makes these awesomes diagramans to keep all the constructions progresees clear

keep working on this dude and thx
mikering no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2007, 03:50 AM   #48
Krazy
Kool Kat

Likes (Received): 35

great job Richard as usual.. but I agree with Stephen, why did Dubai's Rose Tower disappear?
Krazy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2007, 03:55 PM   #49
CULWULLA

just to let you know ive edited diagram. removed Palacio de la Bahia and put back Rose rotana.
thanks
Old February 5th, 2007, 04:03 PM   #50
coth
pride leader

Likes (Received): 6818

hey, excellent work cul, as always.

i think 380m cutoff is a good idea.
Old February 5th, 2007, 09:25 PM   #51
Holtenbronx

Likes (Received): 3

Cul, your diagrams are always wonderful to look at and it look forward to them every month.

However, I agree with Stefr and Mikering.

A spire to obtain impressive height feels like cheating to me. IMO roof height is what counts. Unfortunately this would only save you the work on something like 4 buildings.
So, not mentioning buildings that are not yet above street level would allow you to cut about 31 more buildings. With 35 less to worry about it would at least save a lot of research.

Of course it is all up to you.
Holtenbronx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2007, 04:42 AM   #52
coth
pride leader

Likes (Received): 6818

Holtenbronx
height of building is measured by the architectural tip. spire is an architectural thing...
Old February 6th, 2007, 05:34 AM   #53
CULWULLA

years ago i used to do all lists and diagrams by roof height, but it got very confusing after a while, didnt know where to put certain bldgs. these days 90% of skyscrapers either have spires or architectural features, so its easier to list them in spire height.I reckon some antennas should contribute to overall height. aka-Empire state. its silly when they say its 381m, when its clearly 443m.i dont look up at base of spire when i look at it, i direct eyes to highet point of structure.anway thats another "storey"
cheers
Old February 6th, 2007, 05:40 AM   #54
Mr. Fusion
Just A Pilot... :-)

Likes (Received): 10

Not sure if this is accurate, but according to Wikipedia the Borj-e Milad Tower is complete, so you can remove the construction crane from its sketch.

Mr. Fusion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2007, 11:22 PM   #55
Dr Drums
Best Quality Since 1982

Likes (Received): 1178

Quote:
Originally Posted by CULWULLA View Post
years ago i used to do all lists and diagrams by roof height, but it got very confusing after a while, didnt know where to put certain bldgs. these days 90% of skyscrapers either have spires or architectural features, so its easier to list them in spire height.I reckon some antennas should contribute to overall height. aka-Empire state. its silly when they say its 381m, when its clearly 443m.i dont look up at base of spire when i look at it, i direct eyes to highet point of structure.anway thats another "storey"
cheers
but I think it´s important to measure the height based on the highest arquitectural design, but not to the antenna top, because in that way any building with roof height 290m for example could be even 400m with a large antenna, for me that´s ultra cheating and shouldn´t be count as real height, the same goes to the Empire State for me he is a 381m tall building no more.