SkyscraperCity Forum banner

What is the Narrowest Skyscraper in the world?

45K views 120 replies 84 participants last post by  arthurdonald 
#1 ·
Okay, lets define it as the narrowest building with a lift, that'll rule this 1.8m wide building out at least.

So what is the narrowest, skinniest skyscraper on earth? Carnegie Hall Tower? High Cliff? Fuller Building? I'm not talking about "slenderness ratio", but, really the thinnest floorplans.

See less See more
#7 ·
Yes, it's the Sam Kee building in the first post :lol: . I went there a few years ago -- literally standing room only. It's on the fringe of Chinatown. I don't think 1 King West is the record holder. While it is thin, it shares a base with the old banking hall... in effect it's slim shape is accentuated by the old banking building that is covering part of its base from view.

#13 ·
Hong Kong's Highcliff is perhaps the most dramatic among the thin skyscrapers because of its height, which pulls the ratio to rather unprecedented levels.

The ones in the above post have fairly regular (rectangular and even squarish) shapes, and are nowhere near as thin as more hard-core pencil towers in HK.

#23 ·
ha ha.... why not say the radio transmission towers :lol:

#28 ·
What about the torre de la escollera being built in colombia?

These Pics were taken from a forum in Latinscrapers calledconstruccion torre de la escollera

This tower is 206m high to the roof and it is going to be the highest in colombia once completed. The second pic is (obviously) retouched to see how the tower is going to look when it reaches the 50th floor (remember that it has 58).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.