SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Pics from Indy's Post-SB win!

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Rockmont 
#1 ·
I took this first set at Indianapolis' Monument Circle (aka "The Circle") after the Colts DEMOLISHED the Bears in SuperBowl XLI Sunday night. It was -4F, but that didn't stop thousands of people from packing Indy's downtown and Circle. Pay no attention to the cheetah-print scarf I am wearing! I wasn’t prepared and it was so cold, so I took whatever I could get. Little did I know that I would be INTERVIEWED by local News Channel 6 last night asking me the “meaning” of all of the people going to the Circle.

These were taken last night at the parade pep rally. Mind you, it has not gotten warmer than 5F outside which is why there aren't as many people outsiode as there were inside the Dome. They only expected about 25,000 people and there were over 60,000! Go Colts!

Inside at Rock Bottom during one of the many delays:

My mommy and I:

Inside the RCA Dome:

Outside on the "Circle:"

The Parade:

It was a great time. The festivities were delayed by over 2 hours, yet everyone stuck around to see their team!

See less See more
#3 ·
:dance: Go Colts!!!! I wanted to be down there so bad sunday night but I was too drunk! lol... Monday I had to work so I could not see the parade or pep rally :( but it was great to see down town that packed two days in a row! Now if only every day/night down town could look like that....

#10 ·
Very nice pics! I thought about going downtown, but the cold weather discouraged me too much. I watched the procession and speeches on TV. The city looked amazing during the parade, and it looked like a lot of fun. To compensate for missing the celebration, I've been ordering lots of Super Bowl merchandise online to celebrate. :nuts:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.