daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > General > NASF Archive



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


 

 
Thread Tools
Old November 9th, 2007, 02:36 AM   #101
xThomasTroublex
Registered User
 
xThomasTroublex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Jose/Saratoga
Posts: 330
Likes (Received): 1

A's Formally Submit Stadium Plan/SJ Waives Rule For Quakes Stadium

A's:
http://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose/s...ml?jst=b_ln_hl

Quakes:
http://www.mercurynews.com/valley/ci_7392968
xThomasTroublex no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
 
Old November 9th, 2007, 02:40 AM   #102
xThomasTroublex
Registered User
 
xThomasTroublex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Jose/Saratoga
Posts: 330
Likes (Received): 1

Santa Clara County (excluding SJ) - 11th Wealthiest Suburb

http://www.bizjournals.com/specials/pages/122.html
xThomasTroublex no está en línea  
Old November 9th, 2007, 06:01 AM   #103
krudmonk
sucks
 
krudmonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sannozay
Posts: 2,179
Likes (Received): 53

The Murky News coverage of the Quakes stadium situation is pathetic. I really hope that paper goes out of business. It disgusts me.
krudmonk no está en línea  
Old November 9th, 2007, 01:28 PM   #104
edsg25
BANNED
 
edsg25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 9,328
Likes (Received): 63

What is the assessment of South Bay folks at this point as to the likeliness of the 49ers' Santa Clara plans becoming successful?

If you were to assign a percentage of whether or not these will happen, what would you assign to both:

A's-Freemont

49ers-Santa Clara
edsg25 no está en línea  
Old November 9th, 2007, 06:38 PM   #105
krudmonk
sucks
 
krudmonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sannozay
Posts: 2,179
Likes (Received): 53

A's to Fremont: 99%
49ers to Santa Clara: 50%

The only stadium situation which concerns me now, though, is that of the Earthquakes.
krudmonk no está en línea  
Old November 12th, 2007, 10:14 AM   #106
metropolismayor
Registered User
 
metropolismayor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Capital of Silicon Valley
Posts: 441
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
A's to Fremont: 99%
49ers to Santa Clara: 50%

The only stadium situation which concerns me now, though, is that of the Earthquakes.
I'd agree.
metropolismayor no está en línea  
Old December 16th, 2007, 02:11 PM   #107
edsg25
BANNED
 
edsg25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 9,328
Likes (Received): 63

Here's an issue I don't believe I've ever heard anyone discuss...but discuss they should:

An awful lot of people out there are fairly convinced the Raiders' days in Oakland as well as the Bay Area are numbered. And the numbers aren't that long. Oakland won't build a stadium for them and no one in the area will either. It would be a shame to see a major franchise leave the Bay Area, but the likeliness is there.

So what does that mean to the 49ers and the location of their next stadium? Plenty.

Of course East Bay will not be furtile ground for creating the ideal Niner fan. But it will be generating them. And as time goes by, more and more of them. And they will want NFL access like anyone else in the Bay Area.

So focus on the possiblity, no make that probability, of a one-team Bay Area. On the basis of that, where should the stadium be built. How about.....San Francisco. Not only are they the San Francisco 49ers, but SF's location is the most centralized to serve what would essentially be the only NFL team in town.

What does SF's location have over Santa Clara? Any real estate agent would tell you, "location, location, location". Thus a stadium built in the Hunters Pt/Candlestick Pt area would closer for fans in the following locales than would Santa Clara:

• San Francisco (well, duh!)
• northern Penninsula
• Marin and north bay
• the main population centers of East Bay

Santa Clara delivers on, what? San Jose, Silicon Valley, and some southern stretches of the Penninsula

If these 49ers are truly to serve the whole Bay Area, SF should be their site...as it always has been.
edsg25 no está en línea  
Old December 17th, 2007, 12:11 AM   #108
krudmonk
sucks
 
krudmonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sannozay
Posts: 2,179
Likes (Received): 53

We get it. You love San Francisco. That still doesn't make them "central." The only reason they should stay there is tradition. They have few fans in the city proper. The North Bay doesn't have near the pull of the South Bay. Anything located there is also a bitch to get to. I'm not saying they should move, but it's hardly as ideal as you make it sound.
krudmonk no está en línea  
Old December 17th, 2007, 12:47 AM   #109
edsg25
BANNED
 
edsg25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 9,328
Likes (Received): 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
We get it. You love San Francisco. That still doesn't make them "central." The only reason they should stay there is tradition. They have few fans in the city proper. The North Bay doesn't have near the pull of the South Bay. Anything located there is also a bitch to get to. I'm not saying they should move, but it's hardly as ideal as you make it sound.
God, hopelessly I do.
edsg25 no está en línea  
Old December 17th, 2007, 08:55 PM   #110
arturo
Downtown San Jose
 
arturo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Shanghai, China
Posts: 1,154
Likes (Received): 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by edsg25 View Post

What does SF's location have over Santa Clara? Any real estate agent would tell you, "location, location, location". Thus a stadium built in the Hunters Pt/Candlestick Pt area would closer for fans in the following locales than would Santa Clara:

• San Francisco (well, duh!)
• northern Penninsula
• Marin and north bay
• the main population centers of East Bay

Santa Clara delivers on, what? San Jose, Silicon Valley, and some southern stretches of the Penninsula
Santa Clara is closer to more people than the HP site: The South Bay, the Southern Penninsula (which has way more people than the sparsely-populated northern cities and is probably a shorter commute for most of the Diablo Valley and a good part of Alameda county.
And your hope that the Niner could recruit new fans from Raider territory is ludicrous– those are die-hard fans who didn't abandon or betray their team during their exile in LA and they would rather not watch football than root for the Niners.
The South Bay makes more sense but my gut tells me the team will build and play in SF.
__________________
neither borders nor nations nor patriotism
arturo no está en línea  
Old December 18th, 2007, 03:52 AM   #111
xThomasTroublex
Registered User
 
xThomasTroublex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Jose/Saratoga
Posts: 330
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo View Post
Santa Clara is closer to more people than the HP site: The South Bay, the Southern Penninsula (which has way more people than the sparsely-populated northern cities and is probably a shorter commute for most of the Diablo Valley and a good part of Alameda county.
And your hope that the Niner could recruit new fans from Raider territory is ludicrous– those are die-hard fans who didn't abandon or betray their team during their exile in LA and they would rather not watch football than root for the Niners.
The South Bay makes more sense but my gut tells me the team will build and play in SF.
In addition to Arturo's spot-on comments, I'd like to add:

SF's Population = 775,000 (Population growth is now positive after having declined over the last few years)

Marin County's Population = 250,000 (It's actually one of the most sparsely populated counties in the state.)

Alameda County = 1,500,000 Raider's Fans

San Mateo County = 700,000

Santa Clara County = 1,800,000 (Expected to increase to 2,400,000 in the next 25 years.)

So, in conclusion: Santa Clara County > SF + Marin County + San Mateo County

Last edited by xThomasTroublex; December 18th, 2007 at 04:27 AM.
xThomasTroublex no está en línea  
Old December 18th, 2007, 07:44 AM   #112
krudmonk
sucks
 
krudmonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sannozay
Posts: 2,179
Likes (Received): 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by xThomasTroublex View Post
So, in conclusion: Santa Clara County > SF + Marin County + San Mateo County
That seems awfully bold, but much of San Mateo County is near the South Bay just the same. It's not all just south of S.F.
krudmonk no está en línea  
Old December 18th, 2007, 09:14 AM   #113
xThomasTroublex
Registered User
 
xThomasTroublex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Jose/Saratoga
Posts: 330
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
That seems awfully bold, but much of San Mateo County is near the South Bay just the same. It's not all just south of S.F.
Uh...What? I'm not sure if I understand what you're getting, Krudmonk.

Santa Clara County's population is greater than SF+Marin+San Mateo, right?

Obviously, I'm just trying to make a point here. edsg25 made some unsubstantiated comments about SF being closer or more central to fans. What he's ignored is that Santa Clara County alone has more people than in all of SF, Marin County, and San Mateo County combined. It's an example... Simply put, it makes more sense for the 49ers to build in the Southbay where there's more people (and a faster growing population to boot). I'm not trying to suggest that a Santa Clara 49ers stadium wouldn't also serve nearby counties (e.g., San Mateo, Southern Alameda, Monterey, Santa Cruz, and San Benito).

Last edited by xThomasTroublex; December 18th, 2007 at 09:33 AM.
xThomasTroublex no está en línea  
Old December 18th, 2007, 09:27 AM   #114
krudmonk
sucks
 
krudmonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sannozay
Posts: 2,179
Likes (Received): 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by xThomasTroublex View Post
Uh...What? I'm not sure if I get what you're saying, Krudmonk.

Obviously, I'm just trying to make a point here /a counter-argumet to comments made by 'edsg25'. Is it not true that there are more people in Santa Clara County than in all of SF, Marin County, and San Mateeo County combined? I'm not trying to suggest that a Santa Clara 49ers stadium wouldn't also serve nearby counties (e.g., San Mateo, Southern Alameda, Monterey, Santa Cruz, and San Benito)
I was saying that your statement of said fact was very bold and perhaps a little too matter-of-fact. I conceded, though, that even parts of San Mateo County would be better served by a stadium in Santa Clara County.

In the end, I'd rather they stay up north since they'll be carrying that name. I have an easier time rooting for my SF team in SF as opposed to my backyard (which is not SF).
krudmonk no está en línea  
Old December 19th, 2007, 05:49 AM   #115
edsg25
BANNED
 
edsg25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 9,328
Likes (Received): 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by xThomasTroublex View Post
In addition to Arturo's spot-on comments, I'd like to add:

SF's Population = 775,000 (Population growth is now positive after having declined over the last few years)

Marin County's Population = 250,000 (It's actually one of the most sparsely populated counties in the state.)

Alameda County = 1,500,000 Raider's Fans

San Mateo County = 700,000

Santa Clara County = 1,800,000 (Expected to increase to 2,400,000 in the next 25 years.)

So, in conclusion: Santa Clara County > SF + Marin County + San Mateo County
Please note that I made the observations based on a one team Bay Area and SF's proximity to Oakland, Berkeley, Alameda. I would never suggested such an idea of SF centrality if the Raiders were in the picture and East Bay was not.
edsg25 no está en línea  
Old December 19th, 2007, 06:42 AM   #116
krudmonk
sucks
 
krudmonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sannozay
Posts: 2,179
Likes (Received): 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by edsg25 View Post
Please note that I made the observations based on a one team Bay Area and SF's proximity to Oakland, Berkeley, Alameda. I would never suggested such an idea of SF centrality if the Raiders were in the picture and East Bay was not.
I think you missed this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo View Post
And your hope that the Niner could recruit new fans from Raider territory is ludicrous– those are die-hard fans who didn't abandon or betray their team during their exile in LA and they would rather not watch football than root for the Niners.
I was born in 1983 and grew up not knowing who the hell the "Oakland Raiders" were, but I came across the name often. This was in San Jose, not even the east bay. It was also in the midst of the 49er dynasty. Raider fans stood strong during the LA run and never caved. I can't imagine they ever would in the future.
krudmonk no está en línea  
Old January 8th, 2008, 09:04 PM   #117
xThomasTroublex
Registered User
 
xThomasTroublex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Jose/Saratoga
Posts: 330
Likes (Received): 1

3 Retail Projects Coming to Fremont = Totaling Approx. 1.5M Sq. Ft.

http://www.insidebayarea.com/ci_7901...e=most_emailed
xThomasTroublex no está en línea  
Old January 8th, 2008, 09:08 PM   #118
xThomasTroublex
Registered User
 
xThomasTroublex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Jose/Saratoga
Posts: 330
Likes (Received): 1

Downtown Sunnyvale Live Webcam

http://www.ibeamsystems.com/private/stc/

xThomasTroublex no está en línea  
Old January 9th, 2008, 10:42 PM   #119
arturo
Downtown San Jose
 
arturo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Shanghai, China
Posts: 1,154
Likes (Received): 30


the sidewalks dont look wide enough and the road is too wide.
__________________
neither borders nor nations nor patriotism
arturo no está en línea  
Old January 21st, 2008, 06:35 PM   #120
xThomasTroublex
Registered User
 
xThomasTroublex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Jose/Saratoga
Posts: 330
Likes (Received): 1

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl.../BAHJUHPDU.DTL

"Tired of hearing about the 49ers stadium? Well, now comes word that the San Francisco Giants are preparing to ask the port for rights to develop the parking lot next to AT&T Park with a ballpark village that features clubs, shops, a garage and even a concert hall."
xThomasTroublex no está en línea  


 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like v3.2.5 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu