daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 18th, 2009, 02:14 PM   #2021
Majestic
Systematic Chaos

Likes (Received): 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by zezi View Post
It is not 5 km strech. We are talking about 50 km now.
AADT is too small for enyone to benefit from toll. Investment will never be payed off from toll. So it is expected that Croatia finance motorway.

But there are others aspects (tourism and economy) which benefit from that motorway. And it only logical that Croatia invest money in Croatia, even if it is more costly!
Let me get this straight. So Bosnians don't even want to hear about Croatian version of this motorway even when fully funded by the latter? What about the Bosnian 50 km project? Are they willing to co-finance it and if so in what proportions?
Majestic no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 18th, 2009, 02:21 PM   #2022
zezi
is out there

Likes (Received): 2450

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majestic View Post
Let me get this straight. So Bosnians don't even want to hear about Croatian version of this motorway even when fully funded by the latter? What about the Bosnian 50 km project? Are they willing to co-finance it and if so in what proportions?
1. Yes.
2. No. They are willing to give us right to built and collect toll, without participating in finace. But since there is no enough traffic it is just losing money!
zezi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2009, 02:30 PM   #2023
Majestic
Systematic Chaos

Likes (Received): 26

I see. Was the variant through Brijesta and Ston ever been considered?
Majestic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2009, 02:58 PM   #2024
zezi
is out there

Over Pelješac bridge will be motorroad (2x2 - 100 km/h). Not Motorway or expressway ( 130 km/h). And it will be free of toll. Then again in Doli, A1 Motorway (with toll) continues to Dubrovnik.
So far there was no oficial suggestion that A1 Motorway goes over Pelješac bridge
Old June 18th, 2009, 05:04 PM   #2025
Ban.BL
BANNED

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majestic View Post
1. No. BiH don´t care about this route because it is in Croatia and BiH doesn´t have anything to do with it.
2. No one knows that, coz no one has ever discussed it.
Ban.BL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2009, 06:13 PM   #2026
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ban.BL View Post
Because it is cheaper to build on BiH ground, so Croatia can earn more money. It is also ecologically and touristic better and more acceptable on BiH ground for Croatia. The only reason why you would be against it is politics, coz no other reason is meaningful.
And It is not like the motorway would be 100km from planed location trough Croatia, it would be 5km away.
if BIH would enter EU at the same time as HR, this statement stands and is absolutely right. do you think this is gonna happen really? and that border crossings are just piece of cake?
Quote:
This sentence could be You are not that different.
well, not really. we will make A10 (connection to BIH) much before BIH even starts to build anything of that southern motorway. plus - you wanna create new international route. Slovenia is blocking existing and allready established international routes
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2009, 07:05 PM   #2027
Ban.BL
BANNED

I believe this project is not being build to last 2 years, but for next 50 years so if there is difference in BiH and Croatia´s EU entry in 5 years it is not that big problem. I am sure that if there were Yugoslavia still existing motorway would go trough Bosnia coz almost all rasons are saying it is the only feasible and logical option.

When i said that Croatia is not that different i meant more generally.
Old June 18th, 2009, 07:11 PM   #2028
ivan_ri
rekreativac

Likes (Received): 220

if we were in yugoslavia, Zagreb-Split motorway would not be built at all, and we would not have this discussion...

if BiH wants this motorway so bad, nobody is stoping you to build it. why would we have to build motorways trough BiH. it doesn't make sense.

ivan_ri no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2009, 07:11 PM   #2029
adam75

Likes (Received): 0

Hi

Next month I am planing to travel ( by car) to Montenegro,Albania, and Greece.
My question is up to how far the motorway A1 goes down south? Up to where is completed?
I would really appreciate any info about this detail.

Many thanks

Adam
adam75 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2009, 07:16 PM   #2030
x-type
con los terroristas

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam75 View Post
Hi

My question is up to how far the motorway A1 goes down south? Up to where is completed?

Many thanks

Adam
up to Ravča (northeast from Vrgorac). from there you have some 30 km of not the best state road, and then you reach expressway which leads you down to Ploče at D8
Old June 18th, 2009, 07:31 PM   #2031
Ban.BL
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan_ri View Post
if we were in yugoslavia, Zagreb-Split motorway would not be built at all, and we would not have this discussion...

if BiH wants this motorway so bad, nobody is stoping you to build it. why would we have to build motorways trough BiH. it doesn't make sense.
you really don´t want to see the point.
I am talking from Croatian perspective not BiH.
Croatia needs that motorway more than BiH, BiH really doesn´t need it at all.
YU was more like reference as example of the same state. And i am sure that if there was YU motorway would be finish until Ulcinj.
Old June 18th, 2009, 07:48 PM   #2032
zezi
is out there

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam75 View Post
Hi

Many thanks

Adam
Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
up to Ravča (northeast from Vrgorac). from there you have some 30 km of not the best state road, and then you reach expressway which leads you down to Ploče at D8
Map of A1 - most southern part
Ravča is on this map marked with red
Old June 18th, 2009, 08:25 PM   #2033
x-type
con los terroristas

Quote:
then just leave us to make it in our way if it is not important to you
Old June 18th, 2009, 08:36 PM   #2034
Ban.BL
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
then just leave us to make it in our way if it is not important to you
very democratic.
You are always talking about bad Slovenia and their intention to destroy Croatian tourism etc. and you find yourself invited to talk about it, and when someone talks about Croatia´s plans and motorways what are you doing, saying:"just leave us to make it in our way".
Old June 18th, 2009, 08:39 PM   #2035
x-type
con los terroristas

Quote:
very democratic.
You are always talking about bad Slovenia and their intention to destroy Croatian tourism etc. and you find yourself invited to talk about it, and when someone talks about Croatia´s plans and motorways what are you doing, saying:"just leave us to make it in our way".
it is not the same. let me quote you: BIH doesn't care where would motorway go through because it is not important to BIH. on the other hand - Slovenian motorways are extremely important for Croatia and we care about them
Old June 18th, 2009, 08:41 PM   #2036
Ban.BL
BANNED

It is not the same, because you say that. The principles are the same you interfere, I interfere
And after all this is forum i can say my opinion do i?
Old June 18th, 2009, 09:16 PM   #2037
ivan_ri
rekreativac

Quote:
you really don´t want to see the point.
I am talking from Croatian perspective not BiH.
YU was more like reference as example of the same state. And i am sure that if there was YU motorway would be finish until Ulcinj.
i don't understand you at all...

if croatia needs the motorway to Dubrovnik, and has a way to build it over Croatian soil, why does BiH interfer in Croatian plans.

for you it is ok to pay the motorway which will go through BiH and raise quality of life in BiH rather than to do the same thing in own country.

if you care so much about Adriatic-Ionian motorway you should build it with your money... but you are trying to undermine croatian motorway to Dubrovnik now when the documents are already signed and the work is in progress. where was this initiative 3 months ago or couple of years ago.

i think that there never was serious intentions in giving Croatia this motorway, it is just another theatrical politic game from BiH side

Old June 18th, 2009, 10:07 PM   #2038
Ban.BL
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan_ri View Post
i don't understand you at all...

if croatia needs the motorway to Dubrovnik, and has a way to build it over Croatian soil, why does BiH interfer in Croatian plans.

for you it is ok to pay the motorway which will go through BiH and raise quality of life in BiH rather than to do the same thing in own country.

if you care so much about Adriatic-Ionian motorway you should build it with your money... but you are trying to undermine croatian motorway to Dubrovnik now when the documents are already signed and the work is in progress. where was this initiative 3 months ago or couple of years ago.

i think that there never was serious intentions in giving Croatia this motorway, it is just another theatrical politic game from BiH side
BiH doesn´t interfere, I am not BiH.
Motorway will raise quality of life in Croatia as well, and in this area in Herzegovina i don´t think no one lives there it is empty land, so no one is left to have better quality of life. And if you build motorway trough Croatia it will lower quality of life in many aspects and if it would go trough BiH it would only raise quality of life in Croatia.

Do you think this solution that we will have now is the sane solution? With two motorways and one expressway in 10km strip?! And for the traffic existing road is enough.
Wouldn´t be better to have normal conversation between two sides and determine common interest in this project?! It is after all international project.

Just look how immature and stupid this looks like

Old June 18th, 2009, 10:16 PM   #2039
ivan_ri
rekreativac

Quote:
Motorway will raise quality of life in Croatia as well, and in this area in Herzegovina i don´t think no one lives there it is empty land, so no one is left to have better quality of life. And if you build motorway trough Croatia it will lower quality of life in many aspects and if it would go trough BiH it would only raise quality of life in Croatia.

Do you think this solution that we will have now is the sane solution? With two motorways and one expressway in 10km strip?! And for the traffic existing road is enough.
Wouldn´t be better to have normal conversation between two sides and determine common interest in this project?! It is after all international project.

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/5...benanntkdz.png
i belive we tried to have normal conversation about peljesac bridge...that came out really nicely. BiH tried to put pressure on Croatia probably because of Ploce port.

yes it is international project, but nobody can force croatia to finance and build motorway in BiH. if you think that this motorway would be cost-effective you should find private companies to finance the motorway (like montenegro did with it's Bar-Boljare motorway), not croatian goverment.

Old June 18th, 2009, 10:23 PM   #2040
snupix

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:

This surely won't be the case. Motorway will go over Pelješac bridge through Croatia down to Dubrovnik. There, it may enter BiH for a very short part (but IMHO it should go directly to MNE to avoid customs for the few kms through BiH).

And it's not true that the motorway would lower the quality of life in Croatia, just the opposite.

But anyway, The section in Croatia is already being built so this conversation is pointless...
snupix no está en línea   Reply With Quote