daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 18th, 2009, 10:32 PM   #2041
snupix

Likes (Received): 36

What could be built, is the thing Chris mentioned (section through Neum). But I think it would be pointless to build a motorway through Neum now that the bridge is U/C.
snupix no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 18th, 2009, 10:56 PM   #2042
Zanovijetalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by snupix View Post
Motorway will go over Pelješac bridge through Croatia down to Dubrovnik. ... IMHO it should go directly to MNE to avoid customs for the few kms through BiH).
Hope things will end up like this.
Zanovijetalo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2009, 01:38 AM   #2043
Ban.BL
BANNED

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan_ri View Post
i belive we tried to have normal conversation about peljesac bridge...that came out really nicely. BiH tried to put pressure on Croatia probably because of Ploce port.

yes it is international project, but nobody can force croatia to finance and build motorway in BiH. if you think that this motorway would be cost-effective you should find private companies to finance the motorway (like montenegro did with it's Bar-Boljare motorway), not croatian goverment.
This is not true. BiH and Croatia come to an agreement about Pelješac bridge. You missed that?
And yet again you dont get the point.
Ban.BL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2009, 01:43 AM   #2044
Ban.BL
BANNED

Quote:
This surely won't be the case. Motorway will go over Pelješac bridge through Croatia down to Dubrovnik. There, it may enter BiH for a very short part (but IMHO it should go directly to MNE to avoid customs for the few kms through BiH).

And it's not true that the motorway would lower the quality of life in Croatia, just the opposite.

But anyway, The section in Croatia is already being built so this conversation is pointless...
So A1 motorway will go trough Pelješac and avoid Neum, that is new for me.

It will lower the quality of life n compare if it would be built in BiH.

3rd If they build motorway without entering in BiH territory after DU, what than? Where will motorway continue? How can this be part of Adriatic-Ionian motorway?
This attitude is wrong, you are doing the similar thing as Slovenia destroying bridges with neighbors.
Old June 19th, 2009, 01:45 AM   #2045
Ban.BL
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanovijetalo View Post
Hope things will end up like this.
Who would you harm? Coz i know your reasoning can not be pure.
I am sure you think you will harm Serbs and BiH.
Old June 19th, 2009, 02:31 AM   #2046
ivan_ri
rekreativac

Likes (Received): 220

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ban.BL View Post
This is not true. BiH and Croatia come to an agreement about Pelješac bridge. You missed that?
And yet again you dont get the point.
no, you didn't get the point...
BiH was never active obout Adriatic-Ionian motorway and now it wants Croatia to finance the motorway. this came out just couple of weeks after the start of construction of Dubrovnik-Doli section of A1. and where were this "helpfull" proposition couple of months or years ago?? this is just another political move of Sarajevo. you waited for us to make all necessary studies and start the construction to come out with this... that isn't constructive nor neighbourly.

we could make this section of AI motorway together, but BiH never showed any interest in it. until couple of weeks ago. i assume BiH is scared it will lose this part of Adriatic-Ionian motorway because the corridor isn't official pan-euro corridor yet and all changes are possible

here are current pan-euro corridors

ivan_ri no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2009, 02:40 AM   #2047
DanMs
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

Interesting!!

Is there a separate thread about Adriatic-Ionian motorway? What main regions and cities does it pass through in Croatia?
DanMs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2009, 02:51 AM   #2048
ivan_ri
rekreativac

I think there isn't any thread about it.

Route of Adriatic-Ionian motorway in Croatia passes through almost all costal regions. it passes near Rijeka, Zadar, Šibenik and Split. south of Split, near Ploče port, it should enter BiH. but regardless to this BiH section we are building our own motorway to Dubrovnik over Croatian soil and our neigbours are not happy about that.

Old June 19th, 2009, 03:12 AM   #2049
DanMs
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

I understand now. And i agree with you guys to skip Bosnia. They are not stable and you don't want to be dependent on that. I think the extra costs are justified.

I wish Albania would proceed at a faster pace. But we are more occupied with Durres-Kukes which will link Albania with Kosovo. Recently though the government has allocated 23 million euros. To build Shkoder - Han i Hotit(border point) which is part of the Adriatic-Ionian motorway.

I'm not sure where the other countries stand.
DanMs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2009, 09:13 AM   #2050
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

Quote:
But anyway, The section in Croatia is already being built so this conversation is pointless...
Any pictures?
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2009, 09:25 AM   #2051
snupix

Quote:
Originally Posted by keber View Post
Any pictures?
Not that I know, you may ask on the Croatian forum, our reporters from Dubrovnik might have some.
Old June 19th, 2009, 09:30 AM   #2052
snupix

Quote:
So A1 motorway will go trough Pelješac and avoid Neum, that is new for me.

It will lower the quality of life n compare if it would be built in BiH.

3rd If they build motorway without entering in BiH territory after DU, what than? Where will motorway continue? How can this be part of Adriatic-Ionian motorway?
This attitude is wrong, you are doing the similar thing as Slovenia destroying bridges with neighbors.
I'm talking about bypassing BiH because it has no interest in the motorway, and it is much better to lower the number of border crossings by 2. If BiH wants the motorway, no problem, let it go through BiH in that part, but then BiH should finance it. As simple as that. This has nothing in common with what Slovenia is doing to Croatia. Let me remind you - we built all the motorways towards all our neighbours - A2, A3, A4, A5 will be built as soon as the motorway on the Bosnian side will be built, A12 is also planned, as well as A10 near Ploče (which is a few km long, but still).

BL, you are just provoking and you know it!
Old June 19th, 2009, 09:44 AM   #2053
Ban.BL
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan_ri View Post
I think there isn't any thread about it.

Route of Adriatic-Ionian motorway in Croatia passes through almost all costal regions. it passes near Rijeka, Zadar, Šibenik and Split. south of Split, near Ploče port, it should enter BiH. but regardless to this BiH section we are building our own motorway to Dubrovnik over Croatian soil and our neigbours are not happy about that.
You wish it was like that, but it isn´t.
Old June 19th, 2009, 09:50 AM   #2054
Ban.BL
BANNED

Quote:
I'm talking about bypassing BiH because it has no interest in the motorway, and it is much better to lower the number of border crossings by 2. If BiH wants the motorway, no problem, let it go through BiH in that part, but then BiH should finance it. As simple as that. This has nothing in common with what Slovenia is doing to Croatia. Let me remind you - we built all the motorways towards all our neighbours - A2, A3, A4, A5 will be built as soon as the motorway on the Bosnian side will be built, A12 is also planned, as well as A10 near Ploče (which is a few km long, but still).

BL, you are just provoking and you know it!
I am not provoking, i am just surprised (or maybe not) that you are so nationalistic about everything. It is impossible that you have issues with everyone surrounding you. In these posts here you can see big issues with BiH and no one here has any. But you are glad if there are any, and this is clear from your posts here.
Croatia´s attitude has lot of in common with Slovenia, they don´t care about you and your motorway same as you are happy to bypass BiH. But there is a difference, Slovenia don´t car, but you are happy with that plan. And then comes Albanian to give you support stating that BiH is too unstable

ANd you didn´t answer my questions where will motorway go if it bypass BiH?
Old June 19th, 2009, 10:04 AM   #2055
dubart
HAL9001

Likes (Received): 158

Ban.BL, how come you suddenly care so much of BiH?
dubart no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2009, 10:20 AM   #2056
zezi
is out there

Likes (Received): 2450

Quote:
It is impossible that you have issues with everyone surrounding you.
Slovenia want corridor to open sea - our sea
BiH wants also corridor to open sea + Ploče port - also ours
Serbia has still part of our land under occupation
Montenegro also want our part of sea - but we have agree to go to international court!

With Italy and Hungary we have no issues!
Ex Yu countries have lots of unsolved border problems, but puting blame on Croatia over it, it is just mean.

Sorry for OT

Last edited by zezi; June 19th, 2009 at 03:18 PM.
zezi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2009, 11:48 AM   #2057
Manolo_B2
Liberté Égalité Beyoncé

Likes (Received): 847

this is not a thread about politics, so move this discussion in the right thread!

but fact is, a motorway, called DALMATINA, should go trough Dalmatia, ant not Bosnia Hercegovina...
Manolo_B2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2009, 11:53 AM   #2058
ivan_ri
rekreativac

Quote:
You wish it was like that, but it isn´t.
than what's the deal with this last demands?? if we are already building this motorway, and the one in BiH isn't even explored yet, why should we wait with connection of Dubrovnik to the national motorway network. we can not allow to depand on our neigbours when it comes to traffic connections if it is not necessary.

Old June 19th, 2009, 02:11 PM   #2059
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanMs View Post
Is there a separate thread about Adriatic-Ionian motorway?
There is, but it's closed.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2009, 02:54 PM   #2060
Zanovijetalo

Quote:
Who would you harm? Coz i know your reasoning can not be pure.
I am sure you think you will harm Serbs and BiH.
You know nothing. Get a life already.
Zanovijetalo no está en línea   Reply With Quote