SkyscraperCity Forum banner

[HR] Croatia | road infrastructure • Ceste & Autoceste

2M views 8K replies 485 participants last post by  MichiH 
#1 · (Edited)
#2,181 ·
A1 Gornja Ploča - Blato na Cetini

Date of pics: 18/07/2009
There was a huge mass until we reached Zadar.

The rain wasn't so heavy from the exit 13, Gornja Ploča so I started to photographing.
1. Just after the exit. The traffic stopped...

2. Traffic started again. Our maximum speed was 60km/h here...

3. But the speed limit is 130km/h.

4. Oh sorry, 60km/h...:eek:hno:

5. It was 60km/h until Tunel Sveti Rok.

6. Tunel Krpani (179m).

7. From here it started to rain heavily.

8. There wasn't any rain after Tunel Sveti Rok.

9. But there was some tunnels and an intensive downhill section. Speed limit only 80km/h but the surface wasn't so wet.

10. Tunel Bristovac (688m//684m).

11. Hard curve.

12. What kind of barrier is that???

13. Tunel Čelinka (213m//213m).

14. We came from here.

15. 80km/h...

16. Vijadukt Baričević 208m.

17. We will go there. And a bonus (police car).

18. Nobody used the outer lane...

19. Heavy curve again.

21. Vijadukt Božići (237m).

22. Good view to the sea.

23. Oh my god!

24. Approaching exit 15, Maslenica.

25. Approaching Maslenički most (L=378m H=55m)

26. After the bridge.

27. Aplit is still 148km far away.

31. After the exit 17, Zadar-1. Split 136km far away.

32. After exit 18, Zadar-2. Split ia 127km far away.

33. Odmorište(rest area) Nadin.

34. Approaching exit 19, Benkovac. Speed limit is 100km/h, better than the 80km/h but it culd be better.

35. This was a little boring part of the A1.

36. Approaching 20, Pirovac.

37. At the exit.

38. The Naplatna postaja(toll booth) of this exit.

39. Approaching Odmorište(rest area) Prokljan.

40. INA gas station.

41. Approaching exit 21, Skradin.

42. Approaching exit 22, Šibenik. Expressway to Šibenik. I like these expressways wich are connecting the motorways with the bigger cities.

43. Nice cut, turning left.

44. Left...

45. Another left turn.

47. At the exit 23, Vrpolje Primorsko.

48. Vijadukt Pištet (179m).

49. Odmorište Sitno in the beackground.

50. Approaching the Tunel Dubrava (853m//853m).

51. The entrance of the tunnel.

52. The right side of the motorway was a bit taller.

53. Approaching exit 24a, Prgomet.

54. On the Vijadukt Kesića draga 162m.

55. Odmorište(rest area) Radošić.

56. Notice the TOI TOI toilets. :lol:

59. After the exit 24b, Vučevica. Split 26km.

60. We will go there.

61. But we must to go trough a tunnel, Tunel Konjsko (1198m//1198m).

62. Notice the oleanders inside the middle barrier.

63. Exit 25, Dugopolje.

64. Distance sign.

65. Expressway to Split.

66. Tunel Zaranač (338m//338).

67. A cutting after the tunnel.

68. Vijadukt Biakuše (328m).

71. Approaching exit 26, Bisko.

72. Umjetni tunel Rošca (150m). Zeleni most(green bridge, wild overpass(?)).

74. Umjetni tunel Konščica (150m).

75. Vijadukt Srijane (740m//722m)

76. The 400th km!

77. Umjetni tunel Vrankovića ograda (150m). Lot of wild overpasses around here.

78. Tunel Crna Brda (422m//422).

79. Tunel Stražina (584m//584)

80. Approaching exit 27, Blato na Cetini.

81. It was my exit.

82. This photo has it's own story. I wasn't sure where should we turn off the motorway. So I zoomed to this sign and I saw Omiš was signed so this was the correct exit. :D

#2,183 ·

About that barrier: this is protection barrier from side winds. Here very strong winds can blow (bura), they can reach almost 300 km/h (road is closed at that time though)

I was driving over this part in May in similar weather than you, just with less traffic and rain. Winds were so strong, that I was the last one to pass this section. When I stepped out of the car at Sv. Rok tunnel, I needed to walk diagonally not to be blown away by the powerful gusts, doors of a reststop building could be opened only by powerful pull. At driving my car was dancing up to 2 meters left or right. On Maslenica bridge this was the most obvious, you needed to drive exactly on center of the road to prevent crashing into side barriers.

Those barriers alleviate those gusts a bit, but cannot do wonders, that's why motorway is often closed in times of strong bura.

#2,187 ·
I think that between the Sveti Rok tunnel and the Maslenica bridge they always put the 80 km/h speed limit. At least that was the case when I went there few weeks ago, and the weather was perfectly sunny, no wind, no rain.
Yes, speed limit there is always 80 km/h because of low design speed.

But in case of the rain they put speed limit of 60, or even 40 km/h, even on straight motorways like A2.

#2,188 ·
@x-type: do you maybe know why there is speed limit of 100 km/h before the exit Krapina? This sign is on exactly the same place from the times the motorway ended here. Did they maybe just forgot to remove it?
every exit at A2 has speed limit 100 km/h (at 130 km/h sections). that's just politics of concessionaire.
you have forgotten 100 km/h sign at A4 in exit Popovec :)

#2,192 ·
Those 100 km/h signs near intersections at A2 were removed some 3 years ago.
i haven't noticed it. btw, it must be less than 3 years because closed tolling system was introduced 3 years ago and they existed then for sure.
i doubt it is forgotten one because when motorway was ending ni Krapina, there were also other signs 80, 60, 40 and they all were iluminated, so if they took off the ilumination, they wouldn't forget the sign. probably it's there because Krapina is kinda important exit there and there mught be some redirections via that exit (notice dynamic direction signs in that exit, too. in HR they are placed usually at important exits)

#2,197 ·
Those data are officialy used:
http://epp.eurostat.ec.europa.eu/tgm/table.do?tab=table&init=1&language=en&pcode=tsieb090&plugin=1

Eastern Europe is doing pretty well in general... notable exception is Hungary.
That is, as stated in the link, only - "General government debt". The point is how big is an overall debt of a country and what percentage it takes in a national gdp. Look what your government website shows ; http://www.vlada.si/en/about_slovenia/economy/ It says, in 2007, your external debt was 34.1 billion EUR, and your GDP was 33.5 billion EUR, is that right?

Anyway, lets see some pictures. One picture is worth a 1.000.000.000 words. :lol: :nuts:

:cheers:

#2,198 ·
^^ oops, fucking wiki... :bash:

well, weve reached the level of the west... (at least in debt percentage... :lol:)
Nah, when it comes to economy, wikipedia mostly uses miscellaneous sources, like IMF, World's Bank and CIA, as the most reliable one. :lol: I think wiki is accurate to some extent in this field. Bai da uej, the bigger/better economy is, the higher debt could get. Look at Ireland and their foreign debt, which is for almost ten times higher than their gdp. How sweet is that, and life goes on. :D

:cheers:

#2,199 · (Edited)
^^Data on site you gave are "per capita" ... so you have to multiply that data with 2 million residents to get GDP. And those data are clearly wrongly typed... Slovenia never had GDP/capita of 36.000 euros. :nuts:

Total external debt is measure that also includes private, personal debts (unlike government=public=NATIONAL debt). It's none of anyone business to whom and how much private entities owe money because it's their money (unlike public money). That's why this indicator is not measured by major statistical organizations (even IMF started measuring it very late, in 2003) and has NO relevance in Maastricht criteria.

Having high public debt is bad because that is the money all residents owe (and they will be forced to repay it) but having high total debt (while having low or moderate public debt) is not bad because that means private entities are borrowing money to invest it, hence creating new added value - that's why wikipedia's list is topped also by small economies. Citizens should only worry about public debt because private money owed by others are none of their concerns.