daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 10th, 2010, 06:25 PM   #2641
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3436

because people who are hired for that don't know their job. the largest non-sense is on expressway D28 Sveta Helena - Gradec: older part had 100 km/h. than came new law and they've changed it into 110 km/h. few years later new section was built and they have put, you guess, 100 km/h. it still stands there.
btw, on D1 Split - Dugopolje u wouldn't put more than 90, maybe 100, especially going down. descent is simply to steep.

Sponsored Links
Old June 10th, 2010, 06:35 PM   #2642
pijanec

Likes (Received): 6

That's why there is a rule that you always have to adapt your speed to circumstances. For example, on Graz-Wien motorway there is a very steep descent. It has a general speed limit of 130 km/h although some curves are so tight that you can't drive more than 110 km/h.

Also, on Varaždin bypass signs still show 80 km/h.
pijanec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2010, 06:45 PM   #2643
x-type
con los terroristas

actually, I have seen only few times 90 km/h limit on non-expressway D-roads. precisely, 2 times: D55 near Vinkovci and D2 near Đurđevac. 80 is very common. idiots.
Old June 10th, 2010, 08:06 PM   #2644
darko06

Likes (Received): 148

For example, there is a speed limit 110 kmh on a whole A6. Ok, you have ascent and descent ramps, but let's say from the eastern portal of tunnel Tuhobić to the western portal of tunnel Čardak (near to the Tifon petrol station Ravna gora) there is 20-25 km length with that speed limit, even the design speed of that part is 130 kmh. That's why I'm going from Zagreb to Poreč through Slovenia (with annual vignette).

And what about that nonsense (Croatian part of the Ljubljana-Zagreb motorway, exits Bobovica and Sveta nedelja):

Last edited by darko06; June 10th, 2010 at 08:13 PM.
darko06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2010, 08:42 PM   #2645
Puležan

Likes (Received): 971

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko06 View Post
For example, there is a speed limit 110 kmh on a whole A6. Ok, you have ascent and descent ramps, but let's say from the eastern portal of tunnel Tuhobić to the western portal of tunnel Čardak (near to the Tifon petrol station Ravna gora) there is 20-25 km length with that speed limit, even the design speed of that part is 130 kmh. That's why I'm going from Zagreb to Poreč through Slovenia (with annual vignette).
Once I called the ARZ (info-phone number 0800 0111) and asked why the speed limit on A6 is 100 (somewhere 110 km/h), and they told me that's because of numerous tunnels close to each other. In tunnels the speed limit is 100, so in that case the speed would vary from 100 to 130 very often.

Someone also asked about D1 speed limit of 80 km/h. That picture is taken on the end of D1 expressway, where you can go to A1 or continue to the north (Dicmo, Knin, Zg), so that's why the limit is so low. When second carriageway would be finished, the limit would probably be 100, because there won't be 2+1 lanes (as today is), but 3+2
Puležan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2010, 09:01 PM   #2646
darko06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puležan View Post
... they told me that's because of numerous tunnels close to each other. In tunnels the speed limit is 100, so in that case the speed would vary from 100 to 130 very often.
That's not correct. Between Delnice and Čardak there is rough about 8 km and just one tunnel (Sopač?) right between in the middle. So you have 2 times about 4 km. As I remember, that tistance is larger than between Grič and the other tunnel on the A1 between Otočac and OMV, and the max speed on that part of A1 between those tunnels is 130 (of course, with the first raindrop max speed is slowed on 100 kmh, ). Such behaviour in Slovenia doesn't exist.

And for the Dicmo-Dugopolje-Solin expw: the 80 speed limit is not only on the 2+1 undivided part, but also on the 2+2 divided part from Klis exchange to Dugopolje exit/roundabout.
Old June 10th, 2010, 09:34 PM   #2647
pijanec

Likes (Received): 6

In Slovenia and also in Austria for example speed limit of 100 km/h is always cancelled after the tunnel even if tunnels are close to each other and if design speed of road is 120+ km/h. Notable exception is on A1 near Maribor.

In Slovenia we are also not lowering speed limits because of rain, fog or similar.
pijanec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2010, 09:57 PM   #2648
x-type
con los terroristas

but there are also some 80 km/h speed limits in SLO which could be replaced. for instance, intersections around Ljubljana (those in Y shape in the south). i think in each country you can find stupid limits, somewhere more, somewhere less
Old June 10th, 2010, 10:32 PM   #2649
ivan_ri
rekreativac

Likes (Received): 220

A7 - Rijeka bypass

from air

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgoroth View Post
Quote:

ivan_ri no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 01:58 AM   #2650
ivan_ri
rekreativac

A7 - Rijeka bypass

Sv. Kuzam - Krizisce (the easternmost section Kuk-Krizisce)

Quote:
Originally Posted by misipile View Post
Dionica Kuk-Krizisce s D523:

Old June 11th, 2010, 10:05 AM   #2651
KHS

Likes (Received): 928

A7

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.C.Dolabella View Post

KHS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 11:04 AM   #2652
Puležan

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko06 View Post
That's not correct. Between Delnice and Čardak there is rough about 8 km and just one tunnel (Sopač?) right between in the middle. So you have 2 times about 4 km. As I remember, that tistance is larger than between Grič and the other tunnel on the A1 between Otočac and OMV, and the max speed on that part of A1 between those tunnels is 130 (of course, with the first raindrop max speed is slowed on 100 kmh, ). Such behaviour in Slovenia doesn't exist.

And for the Dicmo-Dugopolje-Solin expw: the 80 speed limit is not only on the 2+1 undivided part, but also on the 2+2 divided part from Klis exchange to Dugopolje exit/roundabout.
Don't think I disagree with you! Just opposite! I think that on all motorways speed limits should be 150, because roads are really good and well designed. But in case of A6 I'm just telling you what they've said to me about the limits.

But I think that on D1 section Klis-Dugopolje, the limit is 80 just because the end of the expressway is near, so people should lower the speed before they continue on "normal" road to Knin (which in the beginning is 2+2-not divided, and after that it's usual 1+1 road) or before they take the exit to go to A1
Old June 11th, 2010, 11:05 AM   #2653
diegobonazzi

Likes (Received): 1

MISSION (IM)POSSIBLE

I have a special mission for the bravest of you!... I'd like to se some pictures of the road 6211 that run from the 6208 through Dusina and Oric-Seoci To Kobiljaca.
This road could be a good shotcut for the next year (when A1 will reach Vrgorac and the exit will be on the 6208 near the village of Vina) in alternative of the E65 Vrgorac-V.Prolog-M.Prolog-Kobiljaca.
But it depends of the widenest of the road and the asphalt conditions of course...
I cannot do this adventure this summer because i'll drive with my THREE childred and with them every minute less of trip is gold!
diegobonazzi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2010, 02:20 AM   #2654
ivan_ri
rekreativac

A7 - Rijeka bypass

before and after

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan_ri View Post

Quote:

Old June 12th, 2010, 03:44 AM   #2655
darko06

Puležan, I'm glad you agree. But, on Klis-Dugopolje there should be 100 kmh. It's about 3 km. And another example: do you remember the 110 kmh max speed on Jadranska avenija expwy from the last signal to the Lučko interchange? When they finished new Arena exit instead of the second signal they slowed to 80 the whole part from the signal to the interchange Lučko (direction Rijeka) and in the opposite you have only 200-300 meters 110 kmh, just after the channel Sava-Odra viaduct.
Old June 12th, 2010, 06:31 AM   #2656
seem
Mornar bez mora

Likes (Received): 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by pijanec View Post
In Slovenia and also in Austria for example speed limit of 100 km/h is always cancelled after the tunnel even if tunnels are close to each other and if design speed of road is 120+ km/h. Notable exception is on A1 near Maribor.

In Slovenia we are also not lowering speed limits because of rain, fog or similar.
100 km/h is the best in the tunnel. Our just 80 km/h can be even more dangerous when cars are slowing down before tunnel.

btw, I am very glad to see completed bypass of Rijeka. There were long traffic jams last years and it was realy annoyng to wait on a motorway when the temperature was about 35 °C.

I hope I will go there next month. Ja te volim Hrvatska!
seem no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2010, 11:10 AM   #2657
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19354

80 km/h in twin tunnels is too low. Such speeds feel slow, and people are gonna drive close to each other. You can observe similar situations at section controls where there's a 100% chance of getting caught when speeding. Or generally when a truck passes another one, people drive very close to each other on the left lane behind the passing truck.

Speed limits need to be credible, otherwise nobody follows them when it's really necessary.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2010, 12:26 PM   #2658
Puležan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Speed limits need to be credible, otherwise nobody follows them when it's really necessary.
That's right!

That is the problem especially on A6 motorway, but can be seen even on other motorways, because today 130 km/h is relatively slow, cars are getting safer and faster and roads are designed very well, so 150 km/h would be acceptable speed

The same thing is on A9 - it was first designed as an expressway, but they decided to upgrade it to a full-motorway profile (2+2 with hard shoulders) so because of the curve radiuses the speed is 110 But the road provides speed of at least 130, so nobody will follow the limit
Old June 12th, 2010, 12:35 PM   #2659
x-type
con los terroristas

HR motorways have excellent cover with dynamic signs, so I really don't understand why don't supervisors use it wisely, while they allready have that opportunity
Old June 12th, 2010, 01:02 PM   #2660
Puležan

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
HR motorways have excellent cover with dynamic signs, so I really don't understand why don't supervisors use it wisely, while they allready have that opportunity
Exactly! In usual traffic conditions they can leave "normal" speed limits and in case of accident or bad weather conditions, they can just lower the limit on dynamic signs. The idea od that kind of signalization is to derogate the normal signs beside the road in special occasions, but they don't do that Instead of that, they put low speed limits on every road...