daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 20th, 2010, 12:26 PM   #2681
pijanec

Likes (Received): 6

What are speed limits on newly opened sections of motorway in Istra?
pijanec no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 20th, 2010, 12:41 PM   #2682
pijanec

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puležan View Post
Exactly! In usual traffic conditions they can leave "normal" speed limits and in case of accident or bad weather conditions, they can just lower the limit on dynamic signs.
Neighbourhood countries are not lowering speed limits in case of bad weather. How could people in office even know what should be appropriate speed limit? Also, maybe rain is falling only on short section of motorway. For example, last year when I was driving to Wien, there was a really heady rain on short section and we were all driving 20 km/h, but they still didn't lower speed limits.

Purpose of dynamic signs is to warn people about extraordinary events like accidents, road closures or when there is a lot of traffic to lower speed limits with which you could actually increase traffic flow and average speed.
pijanec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2010, 02:18 PM   #2683
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3436

Quote:
Originally Posted by pijanec View Post
i think 110

Quote:
Neighbourhood countries are not lowering speed limits in case of bad weather. How could people in office even know what should be appropriate speed limit? Also, maybe rain is falling only on short section of motorway. For example, last year when I was driving to Wien, there was a really heady rain on short section and we were all driving 20 km/h, but they still didn't lower speed limits.

Purpose of dynamic signs is to warn people about extraordinary events like accidents, road closures or when there is a lot of traffic to lower speed limits with which you could actually increase traffic flow and average speed.
dynamic signs have automatic setup and as soon as they registre certain amount of rain, they turn on and show set up speed limit. of course, that setup could be changed
Old June 20th, 2010, 02:31 PM   #2684
darko06

Likes (Received): 148

Actually, such behaviour is a big problem in Croatia. For example, last year (perhaps at early fall) I had entered Sveti Rok tunnel in Zadar direction, normally with 100-105 kmh. Few seconds after, a black limousine (BMW 7xx or Audi A8) has overpassed me with cca 140-150 kmh. Soon after that, the maximum speed was lovered to 40 kmh, with explanation: VIP CONWOY/PRAĆENA KOLONA. So here in Croatia sometimes it may seem that only the politicians and important CEOs are people instead of all us jerks?
And one more thing: why the recordings from surveillance cameras all along Croatian motorways aren't legal proof for speeding accusations? I'm asking myself... (The Croatian Cobra11 invented unique method: soon after exit portal of the Sveti Rok/or Mala Kapela they wait in a motorbike ambush and intercept speeding drivers. I have seen that last year. So what happens when they catch a politician or a state company CEO?)
darko06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2010, 02:36 PM   #2685
darko06

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
dynamic signs have automatic setup and as soon as they registre certain amount of rain, they turn on and show set up speed limit. of course, that setup could be changed
So the technicians do not even be at work in the control station. Instead of being present they somewhere smoke a cigarette...
Old June 20th, 2010, 02:49 PM   #2686
Puležan

Likes (Received): 971

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Pula - Vodnjan was already widened to 2x2 on April 30th. This must be Vodnjan - Kanfanar.
The entire section from Kanfanar to Pula was already widened in May, but you couldn't drive on all 4 lanes, because some final works had to be done.

Today at 4.00 pm is the official opening of that section. From today, you'll have to pay toll (kanfanar-pula 12 kn)
Puležan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2010, 02:50 PM   #2687
Puležan

Quote:
110 km/h
Old June 20th, 2010, 02:52 PM   #2688
darko06

Look at that (from http://www.glasistre.hr/istra/vijest/225354):

"Do 18 sati, kada će se uvesti zatvoreni sustav naplate, vožnja će biti besplatna.
Vožnja će se naplaćivati na naplatnim kućicama iza čvora Pula te na prilazima čvorovima Vodnjan jug i Vodnjan sjever. Podsjećamo, od Pule do Kanfanara naplaćivat će se 12, do Vodnjana sjever šest, a do Vodnjana jug tri kune."

Translation:
"Till 6PM, when the closed toll system will be enforced, driving will be free of charge.
The toll stations will be Pula (ahead from the interchange Pula), Vodnjan-South and Vodnjan-North. The tolls will be from Pula to Kanfanar 12 HRK, to Vodnjan-North 6 HRK and to Vodnjan-South 3 HRK."

This is NOT a closed toll system. What about Kanfanar toll station?
Old June 20th, 2010, 02:58 PM   #2689
darko06

And of course, about this:
Quote:
110 km/h
I could be arguing next 100 replies, but I won't.
Old June 20th, 2010, 02:59 PM   #2690
Puležan

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko06 View Post
Look at that (from http://www.glasistre.hr/istra/vijest/225354):

"Do 18 sati, kada će se uvesti zatvoreni sustav naplate, vožnja će biti besplatna.
Vožnja će se naplaćivati na naplatnim kućicama iza čvora Pula te na prilazima čvorovima Vodnjan jug i Vodnjan sjever. Podsjećamo, od Pule do Kanfanara naplaćivat će se 12, do Vodnjana sjever šest, a do Vodnjana jug tri kune."

Translation:
"Till 6PM, when the closed toll system will be enforced, driving will be free of charge.
The toll stations will be Pula (ahead from the interchange Pula), Vodnjan-South and Vodnjan-North. The tolls will be from Pula to Kanfanar 12 HRK, to Vodnjan-North 6 HRK and to Vodnjan-South 3 HRK."

This is NOT a closed toll system. What about Kanfanar toll station?
It's a temporary toll-system which will be replaced next year, when the entire A9 from Umag to Pula will be finished.
This is the pricelist:
Old June 20th, 2010, 03:08 PM   #2691
Puležan

Quote:
And of course, about this:
110 km/h
I could be arguing next 100 replies, but I won't.
We can argue about that until tomorrow, but it is what it is! The law makes regulations, and the regulation says that road with lane-width of 3,5m must have limit 110 km/h. That's the consequence of planning the Istrian Y at the beginning as an expressway
Old June 20th, 2010, 03:09 PM   #2692
darko06

So, I'll try to deduce:
When you enter toll booths without the ticket, wou'll be treated just as arriving from Kanfanar? Isn't it weird, especially for seniors from Western Europe? Couldn't be arranged a temporary toll station near Kanfanar?
Old June 20th, 2010, 03:26 PM   #2693
darko06

Why the village of Bale doesn't have an exit on a new motorway?
Old June 20th, 2010, 03:55 PM   #2694
Puležan

Quote:
So, I'll try to deduce:
When you enter toll booths without the ticket, wou'll be treated just as arriving from Kanfanar? Isn't it weird, especially for seniors from Western Europe? Couldn't be arranged a temporary toll station near Kanfanar?
that's right. And if you enter on the Vodnjan-south entrance and exit at Pula, you'll have to pay 9 kn, and when you come to Pula toll-station they will return you 6 kn (kanfanar-vodnjan south is 9 kn, vodnjan south-pula is 3).

It's a very weard system, but no one goes from vodnjan to pula on A9 (the old road is good and shorter), so it wouldn't be so complicated.

But, I repeat, it's just temporarily, until the whole A9 is finished
Old June 20th, 2010, 03:59 PM   #2695
Puležan

Quote:
Why the village of Bale doesn't have an exit on a new motorway?
because you cannot have exits for every village. From Kanfanar exit to Bale there is a state road D21, which is good and it's not a long distance (11 km from Kanfanar to Bale). In other direction, Bale-Pula, you can go on the same road, it takes about 15-20 min
Old June 20th, 2010, 05:16 PM   #2696
x-type
con los terroristas

Quote:
Actually, such behaviour is a big problem in Croatia. For example, last year (perhaps at early fall) I had entered Sveti Rok tunnel in Zadar direction, normally with 100-105 kmh. Few seconds after, a black limousine (BMW 7xx or Audi A8) has overpassed me with cca 140-150 kmh. Soon after that, the maximum speed was lovered to 40 kmh, with explanation: VIP CONWOY/PRAĆENA KOLONA. So here in Croatia sometimes it may seem that only the politicians and important CEOs are people instead of all us jerks?
And one more thing: why the recordings from surveillance cameras all along Croatian motorways aren't legal proof for speeding accusations? I'm asking myself... (The Croatian Cobra11 invented unique method: soon after exit portal of the Sveti Rok/or Mala Kapela they wait in a motorbike ambush and intercept speeding drivers. I have seen that last year. So what happens when they catch a politician or a state company CEO?)
**** it, i also hate fat *******s in black luxury cars. they have similar privileges all around the world.

btw, i have never had problems with our cobras and i think they're doing their job fine. people are usually complaining when they really screw things (people, not cobras). they will never touch you unless you're going really fast (160+). unfortunately, black lemos with blue and red flashing lights have imunity.
Quote:
So the technicians do not even be at work in the control station. Instead of being present they somewhere smoke a cigarette...
ask www.hac.hr
they are supervising motorways, but signs are automatic (at least they say so)
Old June 20th, 2010, 05:54 PM   #2697
mgk920
Nonhyphenated-American

Likes (Received): 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puležan View Post
It's a temporary toll-system which will be replaced next year, when the entire A9 from Umag to Pula will be finished.
This is the pricelist:
What are these rates translated into Euros?

Mike
mgk920 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2010, 06:00 PM   #2698
x-type
con los terroristas

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgk920 View Post

Mike
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=eur+hrk

(sorry, i couldn't resist )
Old June 20th, 2010, 06:01 PM   #2699
toonczyk
autostradożerca

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgk920 View Post
Divide by 7 and you get the price in euros (roghly). 4 kunas is ~55 eurocents.
Old June 20th, 2010, 07:14 PM   #2700
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19354

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=eur+hrk

(sorry, i couldn't resist )
It's even easier with Google.

Simply type:

10 HRK to EUR

and you'll get