daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 21st, 2010, 07:30 PM   #2761
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

i know that. but if HR find option through its teritory (thus it would bring more development to that area), i don't see the reason why wouldn't we build it only on our teritory.

Sponsored Links
Old July 21st, 2010, 09:19 PM   #2762
eucitizen

Likes (Received): 20

Some time ago I read that BIH was blocking the construction of A1 towards Dubrovnik through her territory. Is that issue now solved?
Another question, between Dubrovnik and Montenegro is planned just a 4 lanes road, not a motorway, isn't´it?
eucitizen está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2010, 12:22 PM   #2763
Zanovijetalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by diegobonazzi View Post
I think that, in this period of crisis, is time to leave out political issues (war was over 15 years ago) and to connect Dubrovnik to the rest of the world.
I respect your views but don’t agree with them. Dubrovnik *must* have a connection with the rest of Croatia through our own territory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eucitizen View Post
Some time ago I read that BIH was blocking the construction of A1 towards Dubrovnik through her territory. Is that issue now solved?
Another question, between Dubrovnik and Montenegro is planned just a 4 lanes road, not a motorway, isn't´it?
The issue was about the Pelješac bridge that should connect two separate parts of Croatia in front of BH town of Neum. BH wanted to block the bridge “to enable ships to dock in Neum”. Neum has no serious port but the bridge in the project was lift up nevertheless. Many things around here turn into political and irrational dimension easily. Also a rational solution would be to have A1 build through that stretch of BH behind Neum, but somehow don’t think it will be agreed. Not sure about the connection with Montenegro; many things are yet to be defined.

Zanovijetalo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2010, 12:38 PM   #2764
eucitizen

Likes (Received): 20

So you mean that A1 will be built till the border, in BIH nothing and then again it will continue to Dubrovnik?
That bridge would skip the BIH territory, interesting.
eucitizen está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2010, 12:40 PM   #2765
TheFlyPL

Likes (Received): 1

Hi there!

Where does the highway to Dubrovnik end now?

Last edited by TheFlyPL; July 22nd, 2010 at 01:15 PM.
TheFlyPL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2010, 01:37 PM   #2766
Zanovijetalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by eucitizen View Post
So you mean that A1 will be built till the border, in BIH nothing and then again it will continue to Dubrovnik?
That bridge would skip the BIH territory, interesting.
Officially, A1 will go across this bridge and will skip BH. Once it reaches Pelješac peninsula it will continue to Dubrovnik following Croatian coast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyPL View Post
Hi there!

Where does the highway to Dubrovnik end now?
It reached Ravča near Vrgorac town, cca 80 km south of Split exit

http://www.hac.hr/?task=aut
Zanovijetalo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2010, 10:35 AM   #2767
KHS

Likes (Received): 928

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBoy View Post
Dao sam si truda pa složio grafički prikaz razvoj naše AC mreže. Ako uočite grešku vičite, ja imam par pitanja ali to ostavljam za poslje jer sad nemam vremena. Pa kad to sredimo možda još malo uljepšam prezentaciju. Bilo bi super kad bi netko mogao skenirati novu kartu jer na ovoj neke dionice moram ucrtavati otprilike.

Last edited by KHS; January 17th, 2011 at 05:14 PM.
KHS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2010, 11:34 AM   #2768
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

Likes (Received): 159

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
not really, it is also mountainous. the only difference is that in BIH there is more free space for motorway (it is not that narrow as southern HR).
issue is that if motorway would pass through BIH, BIH should fund it. it is so simple.
on the other hand, imagine if there were not A4 and A23 yet. what would you think about Palmanova - Trieste through Slovenia before Schengen times?
No it is not it should go trough Popovo plane.
Bad_Hafen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2010, 01:57 AM   #2769
hofburg
middle lane hogger

Likes (Received): 464

just of out curiosity, why were those two sections of A1 (bosiljevo - mala kapela, udbina - zadar) built first?
hofburg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2010, 05:45 AM   #2770
darko06

Likes (Received): 148

Because the Maslenica motorway bridge (full profile) was finished in 1997, and the western tube of the Sveti Rok tunnel was drilled in 1999. There was at that time some earth works finished on the Maslenica-Zadar 2 section (full profile, i think), so they decided to finish the Gornja Ploča-Zadar 2 section, to improve the Zagreb-Zadar direction.
darko06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2010, 05:52 AM   #2771
darko06

I think the Ploče-Dubrovnik section will be some kind of 2x2 expressway, and hopefully the Pelješac bridge too. At this time Croatia doesn't posess sufficient amount of money to finance any motorway project on the neighbour territory, especially on the territory of the Republika Srpska (Popovo polje). Not to mention that from 2013 onwards there be a Schengen regime on the Croatia-Bosnia&Herzegovina border. So, if the European union wants to build Adriatic-Ionian motorway through Popovo polje, it should finance it.
Old July 24th, 2010, 05:58 AM   #2772
darko06

And excuse me, but Croatia (and Slovenia too) financed a lot of highway construction in the so-called "underdeveloped republics" of the former Yugoslavia (Bosnia, Serbia, Kosovo, Montenegro, Macedonia) with the money from tourism before the break-up, so now is the time to stop with such a practice.
Old July 24th, 2010, 06:08 AM   #2773
darko06

I heard some rumors that Republika Srpska is in the excellent financial condition, so it should finance their own motorway (and highway) construction. And to reach Popovo polje walley (which is at about 250 m above the sea level) from let's say Metković, you should build the so called Svitava tunnel (about 5-6 km length), and again from Trebinje you should climb on about 500 m a.s.l. to reach Dubrovnik (because equal tunnel should be about 15 km length). So there is no need for an expensive road construction to connect Dubrovnik via Trebinje with the rest of Croatia.
Old July 24th, 2010, 06:14 AM   #2774
darko06

I am afraid that from the Bosnian side there allways will be some dispute to build any Croatian motorway on the Bosnian territory. So why should even bother with that? I don't care how they will finance their motorway projects in a foreseable future.
Old July 24th, 2010, 06:24 AM   #2775
darko06

Perhaps the Rijeka bypass would be in the full profile at the time of completion the half part in 1987, if Croatia than posessed a full amount of money from tourism.

Quote:
No it is not it should go trough Popovo plane.
And I heard the rumors, that Svitava hidro-reversible power plant, and the 11m wide 60 km long water channel through Popovo polje (build in the 1980s) were financed with the money from the famous Zagreb-Split motorway loan in the seventies. So, go away and pay your motorways from your own money!

Last edited by darko06; July 24th, 2010 at 06:30 AM.
Old July 24th, 2010, 11:49 AM   #2776
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19358

[IMG]http://i27.************/332tg2h.png[/IMG]
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2010, 09:53 PM   #2777
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

Likes (Received): 159

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko06 View Post
And excuse me, but Croatia (and Slovenia too) financed a lot of highway construction in the so-called "underdeveloped republics" of the former Yugoslavia (Bosnia, Serbia, Kosovo, Montenegro, Macedonia) with the money from tourism before the break-up, so now is the time to stop with such a practice.
This story is such BS! Bosnia was the only one from YU republics that didnt get single km of motorway!
Quote:
I heard some rumors that Republika Srpska is in the excellent financial condition, so it should finance their own motorway (and highway) construction. And to reach Popovo polje walley (which is at about 250 m above the sea level) from let's say Metković, you should build the so called Svitava tunnel (about 5-6 km length), and again from Trebinje you should climb on about 500 m a.s.l. to reach Dubrovnik (because equal tunnel should be about 15 km length). So there is no need for an expensive road construction to connect Dubrovnik via Trebinje with the rest of Croatia.
For Republika Srpska this motorway is 0 (zero) priority.
Quote:
And I heard the rumors, that Svitava hidro-reversible power plant, and the 11m wide 60 km long water channel through Popovo polje (build in the 1980s) were financed with the money from the famous Zagreb-Split motorway loan in the seventies. So, go away and pay your motorways from your own money!
I have heard that motorway Zagreb-Slavonski Brod was financed from the money earned from Bosnian electricity export.
Bad_Hafen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2010, 10:16 PM   #2778
panda80

Likes (Received): 333

I think Croatia should finance the motorway through BIH because it is in its interest to do so. Building the motorway through BIH is probably cheaper and is better for the future development of the croatian towns on the seaside. Also, Bosnia has no interest in this motorway, as it links nothing on its territory. However, Bosnia should finance any exit on its soil.
panda80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2010, 10:22 PM   #2779
rarse

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda80 View Post
Bosnia has no interest in this motorway, as it links nothing on its territory. However, Bosnia should finance any exit on its soil.
rarse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2010, 10:25 PM   #2780
bozata90

Likes (Received): 50

panda80 is basically suggesting what i would do in this case - a motorway without exits on Bosnian soil with protective fences to prevent illegal border crossing. However, if the Bosnians decide to build an exit on their soil, they will have to pay it with the adjacent border-crossing infrastructure. This way you do not have to be checked two times for a travel to Croatia...
bozata90 no está en línea   Reply With Quote