daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old December 4th, 2010, 06:48 PM   #2901
x-type
con los terroristas
 
x-type's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bjelovar [HR]
Posts: 13,465
Likes (Received): 3437

yes
__________________
Svaki dan sanjam autobahn...
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 4th, 2010, 06:50 PM   #2902
ChrisZwolle
Road user
 
ChrisZwolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Zwolle
Posts: 43,570
Likes (Received): 19358

Practicing for Yugoslav engineers
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2010, 06:54 PM   #2903
x-type
con los terroristas
 
x-type's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bjelovar [HR]
Posts: 13,465
Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Practicing for Yugoslav engineers
actually, it was built only by Croatian engineers. Yugoslav were able to make only 40 km's of motorway up to Karlovac, and after that they took the funds secured for extending that motorway to the south for some other projects, mostly in Serbia.

why viaduct? it goes over river Kupa valley, in which it overpasses 2 railroads, 3 roads and a river. those roads, railroads and river are placed in that way so it would go too much up and down if they would make it with individual overpasses. and it would hardly be possible because river is too close to 2 roads. so this was the most economic solution.
__________________
Svaki dan sanjam autobahn...
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2010, 07:56 PM   #2904
Bad_Hafen
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 13,882
Likes (Received): 159

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
actually, it was built only by Croatian engineers. Yugoslav were able to make only 40 km's of motorway up to Karlovac, and after that they took the funds secured for extending that motorway to the south for some other projects, mostly in Serbia.
.
Donīt spread BSs and lies here on forum.
Head of Yugoslavia was Croat so...
Bad_Hafen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2010, 08:26 PM   #2905
x-type
con los terroristas
 
x-type's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bjelovar [HR]
Posts: 13,465
Likes (Received): 3437

it is not a lie. it is true that money for building motorway Zagreb - Split was spent for building raliroad Beograd - Bar, which is also fabolous project. today's A1 had temporary ending in Karlovac for 30 years. exit Karlovac was from the beginning built as knot. on the picture below is signed with red what was built in 70es. why wasn't it built further till 2000es - only mr god knows.
__________________
Svaki dan sanjam autobahn...
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2010, 12:28 PM   #2906
Bad_Hafen
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 13,882
Likes (Received): 159

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
it is not a lie. it is true that money for building motorway Zagreb - Split was spent for building raliroad Beograd - Bar, which is also fabolous project. today's A1 had temporary ending in Karlovac for 30 years. exit Karlovac was from the beginning built as knot. on the picture below is signed with red what was built in 70es. why wasn't it built further till 2000es - only mr god knows.
it is myth and classical war propaganda.
Do you or anyone has proof of something like that? off course no, you are just repeating war propaganda from 90īs.

why didnīt BiH get 1 of motorway in YU? Why werenīt 2 biggest Serbian town connected with motorway and terrain is flat 0 obstacles in engineering sense?
Bad_Hafen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2010, 02:50 PM   #2907
darko06
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 772
Likes (Received): 148


You're an ignorant.
You should know that it has been decided before 1971, that route from Belgrade to Novi Sad was to be built as first full motorway (2x2) in the Socialist Republic of Serbia, similarly as the route from Zagreb to Karlovac as first full motorway in the Socialist Republic of Croatia, and similarly as the route from Vrhnika to Razdrto as the first full motorway in Socialis Republic of Slovenia.
Then in 1971, Tito took from power all the so called "liberal" communist leaders, included Stane Kavčič in Slovenia (that event was then called the "road affair" (Cestna afera)), Savka Dabčević Kučar in Croatia and Latinka Perović in Serbia. And what happened? Slovenes and Croats were forced to cease the construction of their motorways (Slovenia at Postojna and Croatia in Karlovac). In Serbia in the year 1971 there was no motorway, so the new Serbian leadership has decided that the route from Belgrade to Novi Sad will be constructed as a semi-motorway (in Serbian: poluautoput).
So educate yourself!
darko06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2010, 03:47 PM   #2908
H123Laci
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Budapest, HUN
Posts: 1,647
Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
why viaduct? it goes over river Kupa valley, in which it overpasses 2 railroads, 3 roads and a river. those roads, railroads and river are placed in that way so it would go too much up and down if they would make it with individual overpasses.
up and down?

why?

this viaduct is not too high (10m?), so a cheap embankment would be enough between the "overpasses", wouldnt it?
H123Laci no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2010, 07:23 PM   #2909
x-type
con los terroristas
 
x-type's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bjelovar [HR]
Posts: 13,465
Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
Originally Posted by H123Laci View Post
up and down?

why?

this viaduct is not too high (10m?), so a cheap embankment would be enough between the "overpasses", wouldnt it?
in that case you would have or red variant with 2 viaducts, cca 1200 and 800 metres long, with gap of some 400 metres between, or green variant (which would actually hardly be possible because Kupa is almost in the same level with terrain there, and terrain is very flat in that valley). the viaduct was not that much expensive, and there was no need for dike to reduce the costs. and viaduct is always better solution that dike.

__________________
Svaki dan sanjam autobahn...
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2010, 09:13 PM   #2910
darko06
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 772
Likes (Received): 148


All of you should also know that initial project from the eighties obtained no such viaduct, instead of it there were proposed three minor viaducts: first, for the interchange Karlovac; second, for the railroads Karlovac-Zagreb; Karlovac-Metlika and Karlovac-Sisak, and third, for the Kupa river. Then, in the nineties, City of Karlovac objected that initial route of motorway would break the city into two halves and stop developement of the city to the north. First proposal to resolve that objection was a southern new route (with the junction to City of Duga Resa), but such an idea had two bad implications:
1. new route would had to be about 15 km (9 miles) longer than the old one;
2. new route would had to cease about 10 km (6 miles) of existed motorway (from the interchange Karlovac to the recent gas area Draganić respectively) converting it to the city expresway of City of Karlovac.
Therefore, the bipartisan agreement between the City of Karlovac and the Croatian government has been reached: the government has build nearly a 3 km (2 miles) long viaduct, but as an expressway: this viaduct HAS NO HARD SHOULDERS and therefore the maximum speed on it is 100 kmh.
darko06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2010, 09:20 PM   #2911
Bad_Hafen
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 13,882
Likes (Received): 159

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko06 View Post

You're an ignorant.
You should know that it has been decided before 1971, that route from Belgrade to Novi Sad was to be built as first full motorway (2x2) in the Socialist Republic of Serbia, similarly as the route from Zagreb to Karlovac as first full motorway in the Socialist Republic of Croatia, and similarly as the route from Vrhnika to Razdrto as the first full motorway in Socialis Republic of Slovenia.
Then in 1971, Tito took from power all the so called "liberal" communist leaders, included Stane Kavčič in Slovenia (that event was then called the "road affair" (Cestna afera)), Savka Dabčević Kučar in Croatia and Latinka Perović in Serbia. And what happened? Slovenes and Croats were forced to cease the construction of their motorways (Slovenia at Postojna and Croatia in Karlovac). In Serbia in the year 1971 there was no motorway, so the new Serbian leadership has decided that the route from Belgrade to Novi Sad will be constructed as a semi-motorway (in Serbian: poluautoput).
So educate yourself!
so where was that motorway between NS and BG?
Bad_Hafen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2010, 09:24 PM   #2912
darko06
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 772
Likes (Received): 148

And I presume that when the traffic will demand the widening of motorway from Zagreb to Bosiljevo-2 from 2x2 to 2x3 the whole upper plate of that viaduct shall have to be torn down. Instead of existing reinforced concrete they will probably mount a light 2x3 or 2x4 steel frame plate.
darko06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2010, 09:49 PM   #2913
x-type
con los terroristas
 
x-type's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bjelovar [HR]
Posts: 13,465
Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko06 View Post
first, for the interchange Karlovac; second, for the railroads Karlovac-Zagreb; Karlovac-Metlika and Karlovac-Sisak, and third, for the Kupa river.
you have mistaken something here. railroads are Karlovac - Zagreb and Karlovac - Metlika. defunct railroad Karlovac - Sisak passes under A1 which was built in 70es, section Jastrebarsko - Karlovac, right before splitting for Karlovac exit (nearly 1,5 km before exit itself, at the place where you see those ponds at the right side ). first viaduct should be for interchange Karlovac together with railroads Karlovac - Zagreb and Karlovac - Metlika. i really don't see the way to split that one into minor viaducts, mission impossible. you have 2 railroads, interchange's overpass and one road (D505).
on the other side you have river Kupa with two local roads, each at one side, placed at such distances from the river so they all should be spannes with only one viaduct. i also suspect that version where local roads would pass over the motorway is also impossible because of bridge over river between them (which should be at higher level).
__________________
Svaki dan sanjam autobahn...
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2010, 09:51 PM   #2914
darko06
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 772
Likes (Received): 148

I stated that there has been an agreement that the route from Belgrade to Novi Sad must have been built as a motorway, but it wasn't.
darko06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2010, 10:03 PM   #2915
darko06
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 772
Likes (Received): 148

No, actually the defunct railroad Karlovac-Sisak crosses the motorway route two times:
1. at the short viaduct somewhere 2km before Karlovac interchange in the direction to Bosiljevo, together with the regional road, and
2. together with the existing railroad Karlovac-Zagreb.

And for river Kupa:
That short bridge should have been on the lower level, and if you remember, in the sixties they have been built a special water channel which bypasses the Karlovac meander of Kupa river (you have the channel viaduct somewhere 5 km before Karlovac interchange in the direction to Bosiljevo). All the roads (except the old road Zagreb-Karlovac, and the road in the trompet Karlovac interchange) would pass over the motorway.
darko06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2010, 10:34 PM   #2916
darko06
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 772
Likes (Received): 148


Legend:
1. the existing channel viaduct
2. the existing short viaduct for the defunct railroad Karlovac-Sisak, together with the regional road
3. the proposed viaduct over the interchange
4. the proposed viaduct over the railroads
5. the proposed river viaduct/bridge
There was a possibility of a greater viaduct instead of 3 and 4

Last edited by darko06; December 5th, 2010 at 10:42 PM.
darko06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2010, 10:58 PM   #2917
x-type
con los terroristas
 
x-type's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bjelovar [HR]
Posts: 13,465
Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko06 View Post
No, actually the defunct railroad Karlovac-Sisak crosses the motorway route two times:
1. at the short viaduct somewhere 2km before Karlovac interchange in the direction to Bosiljevo, together with the regional road, and
2. together with the existing railroad Karlovac-Zagreb.
you are splitting the hairs
__________________
Svaki dan sanjam autobahn...
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2010, 12:34 AM   #2918
darko06
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 772
Likes (Received): 148

who cares ...
darko06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2010, 10:17 AM   #2919
KHS
Registered User
 
KHS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ZD/ZG, Croatia
Posts: 3,116
Likes (Received): 928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo Cross View Post
A6, Kikovica-Oštrovica


arz.hr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo Cross View Post
A6, Kikovica-Oštrovica

Foto: zinder, pticica

KHS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2010, 10:18 AM   #2920
KHS
Registered User
 
KHS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ZD/ZG, Croatia
Posts: 3,116
Likes (Received): 928

Rijeka bypass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris_ri View Post





KHS no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium