daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 26th, 2010, 05:32 PM   #2961
ivan_ri
rekreativac

Likes (Received): 220

Quote:
Originally Posted by veteran View Post
Wow! Such a strong wind

I remember last summer when I drove through A1 that between Maslenica and Sveti Rok (especially on Maslenica Brigde and Božići Viaduct) the speed limit was only 40 kph and on variable signange was written Bura!. Strength of wind I can estimate to cca 20 meters per sec. (ca. 72 kph). I stopped on Jasenice rest-area and it was very hard to walk against the wind.

EDIT: I found an article about bura and recorded 248 kph wind on Maslenica Bridge: http://dalje.com/hr-zivot/bura---vje...prirodu/229503
yep, bura is really unpleasant...

this is official recording on meteo station, but there were some recordings of gusts over 300 km/h. I can't remember now but I think it was in 2005./2006. I'll try to find it somewhere

ivan_ri no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 26th, 2010, 05:39 PM   #2962
veteran
www.fotokosice.eu

Likes (Received): 572

It's a pity that the motorway goes through such a windy area. As I know wind make sometimes complications on summer season.

I've read that the "new" Maslenica Bridge and Sveti Rok Tunnel was started to build during the war, is it true? Also I caught info that the location of these structures is a result of positions of Croatian and Serbian (JNA) forces.
Old December 26th, 2010, 05:42 PM   #2963
ivan_ri
rekreativac

here it is... http://www.hep.hr/publikacije/vjesnik/156.pdf

at page 10. from 22nd to 27th Dec 2003 there was hurricane force wind with 304 km/h recorded gust at the exit of Ledenik tunnel

Old December 27th, 2010, 10:35 AM   #2964
Kese

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasak View Post
I can't find it in full resolution now but it was a map like this that shows long term plans for road infrastructure (not current situation).

[IMG]http://t2.************/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRrCgG2WpNo13Ei-XrHDk6fxoKuQM6kgJZ3mKCJWVRonmJvJ_hd[/IMG]
off... Aha, thanks. I am familiar with this, in fact I have a hard copy. It is an appendix to a road atlas that came out in 2006 (data closed 31st March), and it shows long term developments until 2034 as seen then. These plans keep changing though, even sections that have been completed since differ from this blueprint, not to mention some much more elusive parts that are proposed to be built in decades from now. ...on
Kese no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2010, 10:07 PM   #2965
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

Last year in May I was the last driver to go through Sv. Rok tunnel. They closed motorway in Maslenica just after I passed by (seen through rear mirror). Even then my car was rocking 2 meters side to side at only 40 km/h. After stopping in rest area just before main tunnel I had about 15 minutes whole motorway for myself in windy, cloudy, rainy weather and desolate countryside until Gračac exit. Really strange and unfamiliar feeling being abandoned in "wherethewolveshavesex".
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2010, 11:52 PM   #2966
X236K

Likes (Received): 46

Been driving A1 last summer and the wind was really making me feel uncomfortable. Never experienced anything like that in CZ...
X236K no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2010, 01:32 AM   #2967
ivan_ri
rekreativac

Quote:
Originally Posted by keber View Post
... "wherethewolveshavesex".

Old December 29th, 2010, 06:34 PM   #2968
diegobonazzi

Likes (Received): 1

I really think that in the future the Ravca exit will be useless. And the consruction of a tunnel from there to the cost a waste of money. There is not so much population in that area. And soon there will be the Sveti Ilija tunnel (Zagvozd-B.Voda) 30km before and the fast road D425 (M.Prolog-Ploce) only 20km after.
It's a total waste of money! We need a motorway until Dubrovnik at the latest in the 2015! They have to cut expenses of unuseless exists and stop collateral projects without real sense!
diegobonazzi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2010, 06:39 PM   #2969
prasak

Likes (Received): 32

That tunnel is not a priority now, but it won't be useless. It will go straight to Drvenik port where ferries to Hvar and Korčula islands depart from.
prasak no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2011, 12:12 PM   #2970
diegobonazzi

I just hope that works will be faster in future. The subsection Ravca-Vrgorac of 10 km probably will take 2 and a half year... And after Vrgorac until Dubrovnik there area almost 100km... I really hope that the A1 won't be completed in 25 years?!?...
Old January 4th, 2011, 10:31 AM   #2971
zezi
is out there

Likes (Received): 2450

Zagreb Karlovac was buildt in 1972 - so we already took 39 years to built A1 motorway.
Ravča - Vrgorac - Ploče has very slow progress due to lack of money.
In my opinion, in next 5-10 years, further south there wont be any motorway construction.
zezi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2011, 12:37 PM   #2972
diegobonazzi

It's a pity because with all the money politicians had stoled it could have been reached the Bosnian border at Neum or the Peljesac bridge without problems...
Old January 12th, 2011, 10:42 AM   #2973
KHS

Likes (Received): 928

A11 - Zagreb - Velika Gorica - Sisak

Quote:
Originally Posted by grofBombelles View Post
Zahvaljujući interforumskoj suradnji, donosim Vam fenomenalnu reportažu kolege Seabrala sa foruma zeljeznice.net.

On je posjetio gradilište nadvožnjaka kod Odre i uslikao mnogo zanimljivih slika. Postove prenosim (skoro) u cjelosti, sa svim komentarima, i naravno, njegovom dozvolom.

Stanje: 9. siječanj 2011.

DIO 1. - by seabral

Zapravo, htio sam pogledati nadvožnjak i petlju na A11 u Odri, iznad željezničke pruge i Velikogoričke ceste. Dok sam se jučer vozio u smjeru V. Gorice, vidio sam da je gradilište prazno i pomislio da bi mi dobro došla jedna šetnja po njemu :--)

Novouređeni peron na stajalištu Odra koje je moralo biti pomaknuto u odnosu na svoju bivšu lokaciju ...

... jer se iznad bivše lokacije nalazi ovo: buduća A11

Zgrada nekadašnjeg stajališta djeluje sićušno prema budućoj cesti ...

... i zmazano i napušteno

Ovako to vide strojovođe :--)

Između željezničke pruge i Velikogoričke ceste (tj. državne ceste D30) se nalaze još nedovršeni spojevi A11 na tu državnu cestu

Petlja gledana u smjeru Zagreba

Pogled s petlje prema Velikoj Gorici i skoro dovršenom dijelu A11

Quote:
DIO 2. - by seabral

Na gornjem nivou je još uvijek veliko gradilište

A priprema se i jedan još viši nivo, za spoj A11 iz smjera Zagreba prema D30 prema Velikoj Gorici

Taj dio će premostiti razinu na kojoj stojim i ići dalje prema D30

Dok sam tako proučavao razine autoceste, naišao je teretnjak. Morao sam ga fotkati sa svoje king-size pasarele ;-)

Pogled u smjeru Zagreba

Quote:
DIO 3. - by seabral

Pogled iz smjera Zagreba na dio koji će se odvajati prema D30 prema Velikoj Gorici

Detalj

Pogled na budući spoj D30 iz smjera Velike Gorice na A11 u smjeru Zagreba

S istog mjesta, pogled na prugu i Mađara koji upravo stiže iz smjera Siska

Zatrčao sam se na drugu stranu i fotkao ga kako stoji na novom stajalištu Odra

Nalazimo se iznad stare trase Velikogoričke ceste. Da bi se napravio most na kojem upravo stojim, trebalo je promet državne ceste preusmjeriti preko privremenog bypassa. Ta privremenost traje već dulje od godinu dana :roll:

Pogleda na drugu stranu, također s bypassom

Pogled na budući spoj D30 i A11 u smjeru Zagreba ...

... i u suprotnom smjeru

Quote:
DIO 4. - by seabral

A ovdje se lijepo vidi koliki je nagib buduće autoceste na petlji na kojoj se nalazim

Dolazim do kraja izgrađenog dijela petlje. Ispod neizgrađenog dijela teče promet po privremenom bypassu, a nakon toga bi trebala biti izgrađena trasa prema Zagrebu. Tu se očito još ništa ne gradi jer imovinsko pravni odnosi s lokalnim mejašima još uvijek nisu riješeni.

Nema dalje ... a kad će biti, to treba valjda pitati Kalmetu i ekipu iz Remetinca

Još jedan pogled u smjeru Velike Gorice i nakon toga silazim dolje ...

... po ovim stepenicama

Srećom, gradilište je potpuno prazno, pa me nitko ne naganja radi neovlaštenog hodanja po gradilištu. Nema ni dežurnog dobermana, srećom :--)

Stara trasa D30 po kojoj trenutno nema prometa, jer je preusmjeren na bypass

Vraćam se na početnu poziciju, tj. na stajalište Odra

Kako stvari stoje, o gradilištu A11 će biti vremena napraviti još dosta nastavaka ....

Last edited by KHS; January 12th, 2011 at 10:49 AM.
KHS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2011, 12:36 AM   #2974
KHS

Pula interchange + Pula bypass U/C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puležan View Post
Evo i 3 slike sa čvora Pula. Lijepo se vidi usjek u brdu kojim će od 6.mjeseca prolaziti nova pulska zaobilaznica, tj. spojna cesta čvor Pula - Pomer

Pogled prema jugu

Pogled prema sjeveru
Old January 17th, 2011, 10:01 AM   #2975
eucitizen

Likes (Received): 20

I see that the old part of the motorway has no shoulders, is there any plan to rebuild it after the 2nd profile will be completely built?
Old January 17th, 2011, 12:41 PM   #2976
Norsko
Urban Citizen

Likes (Received): 6

Are these signs standard on Croatian exit and interchanges? I have driven on A1 and A3 but I can´t remember such signs. (They remind me of Italian motorway signage, while the rest of the Croatian signage looks quite German).
Old January 17th, 2011, 04:43 PM   #2977
phiberoptik
Şerif

Likes (Received): 19

Does anyone know on which page is animation showing chronologically progress of Croatian motorway/expressway network?
phiberoptik no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2011, 05:14 PM   #2978
zsimi80
Regisztrált felhasználó

Likes (Received): 553

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHS View Post
A6 - Stara Sušica viaduct

by MountMan

A6 - Bajer bridge

by MountMan

Great landscape, I like hrvatski highways

Greetings from Hungary

zsimi80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2011, 05:18 PM   #2979
KHS

Quote:
Originally Posted by eucitizen View Post
I see that the old part of the motorway has no shoulders, is there any plan to rebuild it after the 2nd profile will be completely built?
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norsko View Post

Are these signs standard on Croatian exit and interchanges? I have driven on A1 and A3 but I can´t remember such signs. (They remind me of Italian motorway signage, while the rest of the Croatian signage looks quite German).
I guess they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phiberoptik View Post
Does anyone know on which page is animation showing chronologically progress of Croatian motorway/expressway network?
made by TBoy

Old January 17th, 2011, 08:22 PM   #2980
Halitophobe
Casual User

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by diegobonazzi View Post
I just hope that works will be faster in future. The subsection Ravca-Vrgorac of 10 km probably will take 2 and a half year... And after Vrgorac until Dubrovnik there area almost 100km... I really hope that the A1 won't be completed in 25 years?!?...
No...They are just going on slowly because of the political problems. Whether or not they get the go ahead for Peljesac bridge or if they route it through Neum will decide the route south of Vrgorac and they dont want to build a section of motorway only to have it never used!

But...What I dont understand is why they dont build section Dubrovnik-Ston now rather than wait for the A1 to arrive at Ston. That way, either routing would be fine and the only section off the motorway (on D roads) would be Vrgorac-Ston.

I am from the village just below the Peljesac bridge construction site and the construction has been advancing (albeit slowly). The managaer has told me personally that the motorway will be built, however long it takes and that it will most likely go on the bridge and not through Neum. After all, the pride of the Croatian Motorway Network being partially in Bosnia wouldn't exactly look good.

Anyway, let's just hope they can get it finished in 5 years. They managed the whole of section Karlovac-Split in 5 so it shouldn't be too hard!?!?
Halitophobe no está en línea   Reply With Quote