daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 19th, 2011, 08:14 PM   #3001
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Maybe you aren't building the A9 all the way to the border, because you'd probably have to build a new border crossing, so it's better to wait for entry into Schengen. But how will your motorway cross that steep slope? Is a path of the A9 all the way to the border already known?
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 19th, 2011, 08:21 PM   #3002
Puležan

Likes (Received): 971

I didn't see any document or plan. All I know is that Umag exit is on 4,6 km of A9. Probably there would be another curve just north of Kaštel, where the road will be brought down to a border crossing
Puležan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2011, 08:28 PM   #3003
Verso
Islander

Btw, have you finished the A2 all the way to the border? (I mean the last kilometer, not that 2-lane section by Đurmanec) We finished our A4 on the border (0.56 km) more than a year ago, but I haven't heard what's with your part.
Old January 19th, 2011, 08:44 PM   #3004
Puležan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
Btw, have you finished the A2 all the way to the border? (I mean the last kilometer, not that 2-lane section by Đurmanec) We finished our A4 on the border (0.56 km) more than a year ago, but I haven't heard what's with your part.
Yes, it's finished. But I can't find photos (I know someone posted some pictures from that section a year ago)
Old January 19th, 2011, 08:48 PM   #3005
Verso
Islander

That's great (perhaps I've forgotten about it).
Old January 19th, 2011, 08:54 PM   #3006
Puležan

Now we have 2 of 4 motorway-border-crossings completely finished/connected:

-Bregana (A3) / Obrežje (A2)
-Macelj (A2) / Gruškovje (A4) *part of A4 still UC

2 of them still wait to be done:
-Kaštel (A9) / Dragonja (H5)
-Rupa (A7) / Jelšane (?)
Old January 19th, 2011, 09:00 PM   #3007
Puležan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puležan View Post
Yes, it's finished. But I can't find photos (I know someone posted some pictures from that section a year ago)
I found those photos

By: Hugo Cross (9.dec.2009.)

Old January 19th, 2011, 09:23 PM   #3008
Verso
Islander

I can't see the pics (sth weird is going on lately).
Old January 19th, 2011, 09:45 PM   #3009
Puležan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
I can't see the pics (sth weird is going on lately).
Take a look at his original post:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=9257
Old January 19th, 2011, 10:30 PM   #3010
darko06

Likes (Received): 148

Who ordered that f...ing roundabout instead of overpass with necessary interchange connections on intersection of A9 with 200?
Quote:
The motorway is finished up to Umag exit, and then you continue on the expressway (single-carriageway) to Plovanija (red line). We are waiting for you: the second carriageway of that road will be finished when you finish your H6 (Koper-Dragonja)
darko06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2011, 10:40 PM   #3011
Puležan

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko06 View Post
Who ordered that f...ing roundabout instead of overpass with necessary interchange connections on intersection of A9 with 200?
That roundabout is just a temporarily solution, until A9 and H5 aren't connected. After that, there wouldn't be direct connection from D200 to A9 - you'll have to go from border on D200, then Ž5002 and connect to A9 on Umag entrance Umag is the first entrance (entrance n°1), so there won't be other entrances/exits between it and the border
Old January 19th, 2011, 10:51 PM   #3012
darko06

Old January 19th, 2011, 11:00 PM   #3013
Puležan

But the point of that roundabout is a direct connection of A9 and border crossings Kaštel and Plovanija, because before it was built there were jams on the Umag exit, the whole Ž5002 until the border. Now, you don't have to exit A9, just continue to that roundabout and go to the border crossing.

On your sketch there's no connection between D21 and D200, which is very important, since D21 is the main state road from Pula to Slovenia, and D200 goes to Plovanija. This temporary roundabout will provide easy flow of the traffic during the summer, because you can drive directly from border to A9.
Old January 19th, 2011, 11:08 PM   #3014
darko06

On my proposal there is just that: straigt flow of the A9 from the Umag interchange to the border crossing Kaštel, straight flow of 200 (or if you want the natural flow of D21) from the village Plovanija to the border crosing Plovanija and temporary interchange ramps for connection of the A9 with the border crossing Plovanija. Of course in the case of increased traffic that temporary interchange could become permanent. For all other purposes there is interchange Umag on the A9.
Old January 20th, 2011, 09:21 PM   #3015
Halitophobe
Casual User

Likes (Received): 0

The A9/H5 connection will probably take a while. There is an ongoing border dispute between Croatia and Slovenia in the area. The disputed zone contains an international airport [making it a fairly large dispute for Europe]. Due to the zone's contents (the airport), neither side is so willing to give up claim to the zone. The current border crossing is in the middle of the zone, and such a problem wouldn't normally arise with a small road, but with a large motorway (Not an expressway...or at least its not going to be when its finished) crossing the zone, the arguments are quite substantial. It is essentially a similiar dispute that terminated service on the Zagreb-Split railway line, which crossed the Bosnian border several times (not a problem in Yugoslavia, but today, a major one). Today the Zagreb-Split line runs on small, single track lines in Lika, this cannot be allowed to happen again.
Halitophobe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2011, 09:31 PM   #3016
Verso
Islander

You clearly don't have a clue what you're talking about. The Portorož airport isn't in the disputed area and neither will be A9/H5 (although it comes very close).
Old January 20th, 2011, 09:32 PM   #3017
kreden

Likes (Received): 589

No, the airport is in the vicinity, but is in indisputed Slovenian territory. And the Dragonja-Kaštel crossing isn't in the disputed area either. The Plovanija-Sečovlje crossing is, however, but there won't be any changes made there, the existing road will remain as it is.
kreden no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2011, 01:24 AM   #3018
Halitophobe
Casual User

Likes (Received): 0

Actually, the airport is in the disputed territory, but it is often though of as Slovenia, as when you arrive at the airport, you go through SLOVENIAN customs. As it is south of the natural course of the river, it is part of the disputed zone. Don't try and tell me otherwise, I have a friend who works in the Sabor and he could get you proof by tommorow!

Just because your Slovenian doesn't mean you must claim the airport as part of your country. I don't claim is part of Croatia, but merely state that is is disputed...Be neutral!
Halitophobe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2011, 01:48 AM   #3019
Verso
Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halitophobe View Post
Actually, the airport is in the disputed territory, but it is often though of as Slovenia, as when you arrive at the airport, you go through SLOVENIAN customs. As it is south of the natural course of the river, it is part of the disputed zone. Don't try and tell me otherwise, I have a friend who works in the Sabor and he could get you proof by tommorow!

Just because your Slovenian doesn't mean you must claim the airport as part of your country. I don't claim is part of Croatia, but merely state that is is disputed...Be neutral!
If you're a Croatian, you obviously don't know your own country. The red area is disputed and you can see the airport north of it.
Old January 23rd, 2011, 12:06 PM   #3020
Palance
Autosnelwegen.net

Likes (Received): 277

Ask Joško Joras what area is disputed