daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 30th, 2011, 11:01 PM   #3321
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
According to Google Earth, D62 road runs through the territory of Bosnia-Herzegovina for a brief distance east of Vrgorac. Is this correct, and are there border checks?
it is wrong. it runs just parallely with the border. i have some photos of it somewhere.

Sponsored Links
Old June 30th, 2011, 11:10 PM   #3322
darko06

Likes (Received): 148

That supposed route of A1 between Vrgorac and Kobiljača (dotted line) is correct by my opinion, because it passes on southern slopes of the hill, leaving the valley southbound (presumably Otrić-polje/Otrić-field) intact.
darko06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2011, 12:10 AM   #3323
Puležan

Likes (Received): 971

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonczyk View Post
Thanks. As for renaming D425 to A1, that would require building second carriageway, right? Because as far as I remember there are two tunnels and a few bridges that are only half profile. Or does your law permit half-profile motorways? Well, now that I think of it, it probably does, for example tunnel Mala Kapela before 2009 comes to mind
A1 will not follow the route of D425, so D425 won't be renamed. There will be an interchange on A1 called "Ploče", from which the D425 (which is an expressway) is going towards town and harbor Ploče (blue line on the left side of the picture). Few kilometres to the south-east, another interchange will be built: A1/A10, from which A10 will go towards BIH and Mostar, Sarajevo...

D425 is an expressway, which is in 2x2 profile on the first section till the rest area Ploče (odmorište), and 1x1 on the last one, until the town of Ploče. You can see the 2x2 and 1x1 sections on this diagram:
Puležan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2011, 12:24 AM   #3324
toonczyk
autostradożerca

Great, thanks!
Old July 1st, 2011, 01:16 AM   #3325
darko06

Likes (Received): 148

So I saw the works on tunnel Mali Prolog, which is in fact part of the D425 expw.
I have rightfully assumed that A1, after Vrgorac intersection, will pass on the northern slopes of the hill, near the border, parallel to D62.
darko06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2011, 09:59 AM   #3326
KHS

Likes (Received): 928

A1 Ravča-Vrgorac

KHS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2011, 10:19 AM   #3327
vectom

Likes (Received): 967

congratulations! I passed there on my bike exactly one month ago, and was impressed by the tempo of the workers finishing up this newest section. Absolutely lovely news for today.
vectom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2011, 06:30 PM   #3328
x-type
con los terroristas

last sentence translated: "we should be able to travel from Zagreb to Ploče using the motorway by the end of 2012"
Old July 2nd, 2011, 10:54 PM   #3329
diegobonazzi

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by zezi View Post
It is village road, very narrow, slow, lots of car parked around.
Not a good choice

From Vrgorac to Ploče you have two roads
1. M.Prolog ( D 62 )
2. Staševica (Z 6208 )
IMO second one is better choice

Are we sure that now this shortcut isn't the best way to get to the expressway to Ploce? Passing throgh Vrgorac it take 5 km more, ins't it?
diegobonazzi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2011, 01:39 AM   #3330
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Congratulations on the new motorway section and the 4th motorway to Slovenia. We're far behind, as always.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2011, 02:03 AM   #3331
hofburg
middle lane hogger

Likes (Received): 464

they're pushing us too much 4 motorways to one small country? who does that.
hofburg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2011, 02:29 AM   #3332
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

^ Italians (if we count A23 ).
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2011, 11:40 AM   #3333
veteran
www.fotokosice.eu

Likes (Received): 572

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHS View Post
Why does exit Vrgorac have number 30a? Why not 31?

Sequentional nubering of exits is IMHO really confusing. E. g.: You are driving from ST to ZG near Bosiljevo (exit 5), and you are expecting next exit no. 4, but it does not exist, and the next existing one has no. 3. Similar case is around exit Vučevica. Exit Progomet has no. 24, you are expecting the next number 25, but the next exit Vučevica is 24a. 25 is Dugopolje. Same with Donja Zdenčina and Jakuševac-Kosnica exits on A3.

I understand adding -a, -b, -c,... to number if it is a new exit which wasn't planned originally (Lučko 1-Donja Zdenčina 1a-Jastrebarsko 2), but I really don't understand it in cases like Prgomet-Vučevica (24-24a) and Vrgorac (30a).
Old July 3rd, 2011, 11:55 AM   #3334
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19358

Could Vrgorac be a temporary exit until A1 is extended further? Vrgorac can also easily be accessed via the Ravča exit.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2011, 12:12 PM   #3335
x-type
con los terroristas

Quote:
Originally Posted by veteran View Post
Why does exit Vrgorac have number 30a? Why not 31?

Sequentional nubering of exits is IMHO really confusing. E. g.: You are driving from ST to ZG near Bosiljevo (exit 5), and you are expecting next exit no. 4, but it does not exist, and the next existing one has no. 3. Similar case is around exit Vučevica. Exit Progomet has no. 24, you are expecting the next number 25, but the next exit Vučevica is 24a. 25 is Dugopolje. Same with Donja Zdenčina and Jakuševac-Kosnica exits on A3.

I understand adding -a, -b, -c,... to number if it is a new exit which wasn't planned originally (Lučko 1-Donja Zdenčina 1a-Jastrebarsko 2), but I really don't understand it in cases like Prgomet-Vučevica (24-24a) and Vrgorac (30a).

exit #4 is u/c. it was planned when the whole motorway was planned, it was built, but wasn't finnished. that's the only place at HR motorways where one exit is missing in a row.
exits with additional letters were not yet planned when the project of motorway was made (1a, 24a). about Vrgorac - that is probably because they have been changing plans and it was not planned to be made at first. it is not temporary exit. that number has surprised me either.
Old July 3rd, 2011, 12:30 PM   #3336
veteran
www.fotokosice.eu

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
exit #4 is u/c. it was planned when the whole motorway was planned, it was built, but wasn't finnished. that's the only place at HR motorways where one exit is missing in a row.
I know that it is U/C. I saw it yesterday I've just mentioned it because of my argumentation that sequentional numbering is not exactly the best way of exit-numbering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
exits with additional letters were not yet planned when the project of motorway was made (1a, 24a).
Yes, 1a I understand. Lučko and Jastrebarsko existed when D. Zdenčina was built. There were not many options But 24a Vučevica was built together with section Vrpolje-Dugopolje, wasn't it? Was there any problem to get Vučevica number 25 and Dugopolje 26?
Old July 3rd, 2011, 12:50 PM   #3337
x-type
con los terroristas

Quote:

Yes, 1a I understand. Lučko and Jastrebarsko existed when D. Zdenčina was built. There were not many options But 24a Vučevica was built together with section Vrpolje-Dugopolje, wasn't it? Was there any problem to get Vučevica number 25 and Dugopolje 26?
nope. it was built later. our ex prime minister (who is now in jail ) came out with idea that he could make a motorway exit to the village where he was born. and, of course, take few hundreds of thousands euros to his pocket on that project. that exit have average amount of traffic cca 150 vehicles daily
Old July 3rd, 2011, 12:57 PM   #3338
veteran
www.fotokosice.eu

wow What a 'criminal' story. I drove there in 2004 and it seems to me that it was built - or maybe I have an eclipse of my mind
Old July 3rd, 2011, 01:12 PM   #3339
x-type
con los terroristas

Quote:
wow What a 'criminal' story. I drove there in 2004 and it seems to me that it was built - or maybe I have an eclipse of my mind
i think it was finnished in 2005. the project worthed cca 8 mil. €, and the works were made by company from brothers Žužul, whose picture you can find in encyclopedia under letter "E": economical criminal.
an excuse for that exit wsas actually nice idea of building tunnel under Kozjak mountain, so on that exit you could easily reach Trogir and eastern suburbia od Split. imo that's very good idea, but unfortunately, that was just an excuse to build that exit and take the money. tunnel maybe will be built in next 20 years
Old July 3rd, 2011, 01:20 PM   #3340
veteran
www.fotokosice.eu

1 km before Tunel Konjsko. Look dir. ZG. Up on hill is wind turbine - transmission of this turbine was made in Košice, Slovakia. My father done the defectoscopy testing of it