daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 16th, 2011, 10:08 PM   #3421
Durin

Likes (Received): 0

Thanks Chris! Obviously the single deck is too narrow for a motorway.

Sponsored Links
Old August 16th, 2011, 10:17 PM   #3422
Durin

@x-type Makes sense, I find this whole future stretch of the A1 very interesting. I mean, it's a mystery how far south in Croatia it will go and if and where it will cross into BiH and Montenegro (Adriatic-Ionian corridor). Not to mention bypassing Neum.
Old August 16th, 2011, 10:24 PM   #3423
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durin View Post
@x-type Makes sense, I find this whole future stretch of the A1 very interesting. I mean, it's a mystery how far south in Croatia it will go and if and where it will cross into BiH and Montenegro (Adriatic-Ionian corridor). Not to mention bypassing Neum.
unfortunately, due to financial situation in the country we will wait to see it. you probably know there are several plans:
-A1 ends near Ploče and enters BIH somewhere around Metković
-A1 ends in Osojnik near Dubrovnik and enters BIH
-A1 ends in Karasovići and doesn't enter BIH, but Montenegro
and of course situation around Neum:
-A1 passes through BIH in Neum area
-A1 goes on bridge to Pelješac and doesn't enter BIH

and beside all that, in the case of A1 entering BIH, there is story about expressway to Dubrovnik

so there are at least 5 possible scenarios for that.
Old August 16th, 2011, 10:45 PM   #3424
Durin

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
unfortunately, due to financial situation in the country we will wait to see it. you probably know there are several plans:
-A1 ends near Ploče and enters BIH somewhere around Metković
-A1 ends in Osojnik near Dubrovnik and enters BIH
-A1 ends in Karasovići and doesn't enter BIH, but Montenegro
and of course situation around Neum:
-A1 passes through BIH in Neum area
-A1 goes on bridge to Pelješac and doesn't enter BIH

and beside all that, in the case of A1 entering BIH, there is story about expressway to Dubrovnik

so there are at least 5 possible scenarios for that.
Indeed! So at least the current financial constraints give you time for some serious contemplation.

Just looking at a map, the A1 going through Neum does seem to be the most logical option. Just hope a treaty with BiH can give Croatia right-of-way now that you're finally entering the EU. I'm familiar with the current agreements. Btw, will Croatia join the Schengen at the same time as entering the EU, or will that be postponed as with RO and BG?

Last edited by Durin; August 17th, 2011 at 12:39 AM.
Durin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2011, 11:25 PM   #3425
x-type
con los terroristas

i think there is no way that EU gives to HR schengen as soon as we enter there.
Old August 17th, 2011, 12:12 AM   #3426
italystf

Likes (Received): 2183

Quote:
i think there is no way that EU gives to HR schengen as soon as we enter there.
Why? Croatia is not a country with particular emigration issues (there aren't so many Croatian living illegally in EU, while many Rumanians, Albanians, Ukrainians, North Africans do).
Is true that HR didn't enter EU in the past because of border controversies with SLO and because until few years ago Italians weren't allowed to buy land or homes in HR to avoid that expatriates after WWII would return there?
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2011, 01:10 AM   #3427
sallae2

Likes (Received): 1570

Quote:
As of June 2011, Croatia is implementing projects and reforms required to join the Schengen Area by 2015.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schenge...ry_for_Croatia
sallae2 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2011, 01:28 AM   #3428
hofburg
middle lane hogger

Likes (Received): 464

Quote:

that bridge was opened for traffic in 2002, so it is quite new, yes. that under it is actually estuary of extremely short river Ombla. before 2002 road D8 followed the coast of estuary and there was/is a little bridge over the source of the river some 5 km eastern from this bridge.
no, A1 will not pass over bridge. actually A1 (or expressway to Dubrovnik, whatever they build) will end in Osojnik and from there there will probably be the connection road to the bridge.
i think that is the first (and currently the only) cable stayed bridge in Croatia.
interesting river source... where are its waters coming from?

http://maps.google.si/?ll=42.675222,...id=po-49016837
hofburg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2011, 10:04 AM   #3429
Attus

Likes (Received): 1038

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
Why? Croatia is not a country with particular emigration issues (there aren't so many Croatian living illegally in EU, while many Rumanians, Albanians, Ukrainians, North Africans do).
Is true that HR didn't enter EU in the past because of border controversies with SLO and because until few years ago Italians weren't allowed to buy land or homes in HR to avoid that expatriates after WWII would return there?
Croatia has (related to its size) extremely long non-EU borders. They must prove that Croatian police is able to guard it as strong as needed. A special issue is that on the other side of HR-BiH border live a lot of ethnically Croatian people.
Attus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2011, 11:02 AM   #3430
diegobonazzi

Likes (Received): 1

Hi guys! I travelled the 29th July all the way down A1 but when I approched Vrgorac I was obbliged to exit at Ravca so I couldn't see the new tranche untill Vrgorac city. Does somebody knows why it wasn't open? In fact it seemed to me to see cars running in the motorway direction north while I was driving the local road Ravca-Vrgorac... Pity for that... I waited 3 years to see this new part...
diegobonazzi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2011, 11:36 AM   #3431
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19358

Schengen is a bit more than just road border controls. It's free movement of capital, goods and persons. I hear the Romanian - Hungarian and Romanian - Bulgarian border controls are a joke anyway. It's mainly populist politics to keep them out of Schengen, they've fulfilled all criteria and were supposed to join in July this year.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2011, 05:39 PM   #3432
Durin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attus View Post
Croatia has (related to its size) extremely long non-EU borders. They must prove that Croatian police is able to guard it as strong as needed. A special issue is that on the other side of HR-BiH border live a lot of ethnically Croatian people.
I suppose a fast-tracked Schengen entry will be the priority of both the government and the EU, as Croatia seems become more and more important as the 'new' European Riviera.

But, it is one thing having the EU and Schengen frontier along the BG-TR and PL-UA borders and a complete different thing establishing it through the very heart of former Yugoslavia, with Croats and Serbs on different sides of a very long border. And with BiH cutting through Croatia at Neum, the Dubrovnik region could become even more of an exclave.
Old August 17th, 2011, 06:22 PM   #3433
x-type
con los terroristas

Quote:
Originally Posted by diegobonazzi View Post
Hi guys! I travelled the 29th July all the way down A1 but when I approched Vrgorac I was obbliged to exit at Ravca so I couldn't see the new tranche untill Vrgorac city. Does somebody knows why it wasn't open? In fact it seemed to me to see cars running in the motorway direction north while I was driving the local road Ravca-Vrgorac... Pity for that... I waited 3 years to see this new part...
probably overcrowded toll station at Vrgorac.

about Schengen and Croatia - my opinion is that you are overthinking a bit it will be normal process as for all countries - few years after EU membership. especially i don't see why would HR-SRB border be a problem. that is the best funcionating border in Croatia. officers from both sides everywhere cooperate excellent, and they are very kind, unlike most of border officers.
Old August 17th, 2011, 06:33 PM   #3434
Durin

Quote:
about Schengen and Croatia - my opinion is that you are overthinking a bit
Yeah maybe. Sorry for the OT.
Old August 18th, 2011, 06:33 AM   #3435
danielstan

Location: Pitesti, RO // Helsinki Final Act 1975, Point 3) Inviolability of frontiers
Likes (Received): 407

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I hear the Romanian - Hungarian and Romanian - Bulgarian border controls are a joke anyway.
I confirm the Romania - Bulgaria border control at Giurgiu - Ruse bridge over Danue is a joke:
- few years ago there was a border control on each side of the border
- this year I found 1 border control on the Bulgarian side with Romanian policemen! They just asked for identity cards and the control procedure took 30 seconds.
danielstan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2011, 07:34 PM   #3436
Satan Of Panonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attus View Post
Just send us big guns and don't worry about it!
Satan Of Panonia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2011, 10:09 AM   #3437
KHS

Likes (Received): 928

Istrian Y upgrade

A8 Kanfanar - Rogovići

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisavac View Post
Nakon Puležanova fotoreporta evo još malo istarskog adrenalina direktno u srce arestirane nam dretve.

Prvi sloj asfalta postavljen je na čitavoj dužini od Kanfanara do Rogovića (preko jednog podvožnjaka nije bio, ali ta je dužina/površina neasfaltiranog zanemariva u odnosu na cjelinu ).

Fotke nekih nadvožnjaka radi percepcije njihove širine (uskosti?).

Ploča za dinamičku signalizaciju na portalu neposredno prije Rogovića.

Odjava.

Fotke su inače od prošloga tjedna. Sve u svemu i ova će dionica biti izgrađena u predviđenome roku, tj. u listopadu 2011. godine.

KHS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2011, 08:48 PM   #3438
blagun
Explorer

Likes (Received): 1932

A big problem for the Schengen future of Croatia is the Neum corridor. Obviously, BiH will be outside EU for many years. Hence, every traveller from Dubrovnik to mainland of Croatia should pass twice outer borders of EU and Schengen. It is absolutely forbidden to pass outer Schengen border w/o strict control.
I understand that the Pelasac bridge is very expensive project, but this is the only solution for Croatia. Croatia is not allone - it can apply for EU funds after joining EU in 2013. The state is still outside EU, but there are many preparational works: the government should convince the Eurocommision that the bridge is the optimal solution for EU security. The next EU-financial period is 2014-2020, hence in July 2013 will be too late, they must work as soon as possible!

Last edited by blagun; August 19th, 2011 at 09:04 PM.
blagun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2011, 09:04 PM   #3439
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2083

Isn't the construction of the bridge already started?
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2011, 12:26 AM   #3440
x-type
con los terroristas

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
Isn't the construction of the bridge already started?
it has. also, today our prime minister saide that they had closed financial construction for its construction. ok, i don't trust her because she's a lying bitch who is buying her election votes with that (her predcessor, who is now in jail bought elections exactly with that bridge), but there is other side of medal: if oposition win elections in 4 months, they are even more pro-european orientated. and they are against bridge due to its costs, at least in this situation. so Neum area shouldn't be an obstacle for EU. finally, what about Büsingen (German exclave in Switzerland)? they have never had any problems with Schengen border.