daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 30th, 2011, 06:18 PM   #3481
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulanthe View Post
Quick question -

On the A3, direction Slavonia Brod - at one point, there appears to be the ruins of a toll station. I don't have a photo, sorry - but can anyone tell me more about it?
up to 2003 there was a head toll station at Brodski Stupnik. sections between Brodski Stupnik and Velika Kopanica were free (it was built partially, up to Brodski Stupnik 1989, Brodski Stupnik - Slavonski Brod west 1989, SB west - SB east 1991, SB east - Oprisavci 1996, Oprisavci - Velika Kopanica 1999). in 2003, when motorway reached Županja, they have installed new head toll station near Županja.
i remember old head toll station in Brodski Stupnik, i passed there once. it had 11 lanes if i remember well, but they have completely removed it and there are not any visible signs of it today (i pass there each month or two, so i'd know). if you wanna some details - design of the booths was similar to today's booths at Ivanja Reka as far as i remember, it was somewhere very near to today's rest area Brodski Stupnik.
so there might be ruins of former head toll station Županja, which was present between 2003 and 2006. it was little station, only 6 lanes. i never passed there (i did, but after it had been demolished). you can still see it at old Google Earth photo. i think that's what you've seen.

Sponsored Links
Old August 30th, 2011, 06:23 PM   #3482
x-type
con los terroristas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Traffic volumes on A5 are very low indeed. It will increase somewhat after M6/A5 are completed, but it won't reach full potential until there is a motorway corridor across Bosnia to the Adriatic coast. Another issue is that all counties in eastern Slavonia are among the least developed in Croatia. Most are at only 60 - 65% of the Croatian average.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puležan View Post
Maybe this is the main reason for such low traffic, because there aren't any bigger industrial zones, and there are only 2 big cities (Osijek and Đakovo) which attract traffic. Maybe if A5 had been planned with more exits and connections to local roads (for smaller towns and villages), it would have stimulated investors and local authorities to build some ind.zones or technological parks, like on A1 (Dugopolje (St), Podi (Ši)...). The sole completion/connection M6/A5 (or even BIH part) will not solve the problem and raise the traffic volume, because even today there's no big traffic on that corridor (Vc) on normal state roads through Croatia and BiH.
actually, there is quite a traffic between Osijek and Zagreb, also quite a number of lorries, but they use D2/D43 route. on A3 you will see mostly SRB, TR, MK and BG lorries. HR are rare. just like they use D1 instead of A1 while traveling to the south.
Old August 30th, 2011, 11:41 PM   #3483
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

Likes (Received): 159

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Traffic volumes on A5 are very low indeed. It will increase somewhat after M6/A5 are completed, but it won't reach full potential until there is a motorway corridor across Bosnia to the Adriatic coast. Another issue is that all counties in eastern Slavonia are among the least developed in Croatia. Most are at only 60 - 65% of the Croatian average.
well that doesn't necessary mean low traffic, there are lot of people from that part Croatia travelling constantly to Zagreb to work.
Bad_Hafen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2011, 11:20 AM   #3484
diegobonazzi

Likes (Received): 1

Hi all! Does somebody knows a chip hotel or somebody who rents rooms/aparment near the A1 exits at Skradin, Sibenik or Vrpolje? Thanks!
diegobonazzi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2011, 12:21 PM   #3485
x-type
con los terroristas

Quote:
Originally Posted by diegobonazzi
Hi all! Does somebody knows a chip hotel or somebody who rents rooms/aparment near the A1 exits at Skradin, Sibenik or Vrpolje? Thanks!
When you arrive there go to tourist bureau, they will do it for you. But not too cheap now in season.
Old August 31st, 2011, 10:50 PM   #3486
Satan Of Panonia

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by diegobonazzi View Post
Try here...

http://www.hostels.com/sibenik/croat...FQaDDgodoA9E-w
Satan Of Panonia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2011, 09:31 PM   #3487
x-type
con los terroristas

a nice photo of part of intersection A3/A4 Ivanja Reka. photo was taken by a guy from one other forum who had accident (he had a collision with piece of wood fallen from the truck on motorway), so while he was waiting the police he made a photo.

Old September 4th, 2011, 10:24 PM   #3488
i15

Likes (Received): 609

I tried paying by credit card at Cestarina Lucko. It was fast, only one car was in front of me. But I was suprised, that no authorisation (such as PIN) is needed. OK, it's faster this way, but I don't feel very safe.
i15 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2011, 10:29 PM   #3489
x-type
con los terroristas

Quote:
Originally Posted by i15 View Post
I tried paying by credit card at Cestarina Lucko. It was fast, only one car was in front of me. But I was suprised, that no authorisation (such as PIN) is needed. OK, it's faster this way, but I don't feel very safe.
and when you come to Zara and buy new pants, do they ask you pin? subscription on slip is only proforma, not too worth.
when you are paying on manned booth with debit card, they will give you POS to enter your pin. on unmanned booths it is completely automatizes, just like in other countries too.
(btw i like even more unmanned toll at A2 - authorization is even faster there, half a second).
Old September 4th, 2011, 10:36 PM   #3490
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19366

Quote:
Originally Posted by i15 View Post
That happens everywhere. I also noticed it in Italy and France. In fact, there are still many gas stations where a signature is enough, though PIN authorization is on the rise.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2011, 10:44 PM   #3491
toonczyk
autostradożerca

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
when you are paying on manned booth with debit card, they will give you POS to enter your pin. on unmanned booths it is completely automatizes, just like in other countries too.
(btw i like even more unmanned toll at A2 - authorization is even faster there, half a second).
Actually they never asked me for PIN and I always pay with debit cards on motorways in Croatia, in both manned and unmanned booths. Banks accept unauthorized transactions as long as they are not very high (20 euros or so) and come from trusted sources (like motorway operators, who are responsible for thousands of transactions every day). I think I feel much safer with that, than the fact that some banks (or terminal operators) have no problem accepting transactions on much larger sums and only request a signature check. Luckily those days are almost over and now you need to enter PIN pretty much every time you use a card terminal.
Old September 4th, 2011, 10:46 PM   #3492
x-type
con los terroristas

weird, they always asked me for PIN when i was paying with debit card on manned booth. for credit cards they don't ask for anything.
Old September 5th, 2011, 10:20 AM   #3493
bogdymol
bogdymod

I've just returned from HR and I've payed 2 motorway tolls with my debit card. I wasn't asked about the PIN code, even though it was a man-operated toll station. More, I've refueled my car in an OMV petrol station in Zagreb and again, my PIN code wasn't necessary.

During my trip I've also payed the toll on Italian autostrada with my debit card at 2 automnatic toll stations and the PIN was again not necessary. I've refueled my car 2 times in Austria and again, no PIN necessary. The only time I was asked for the PIN was at an OMV petrol station in Hungary.

Hopefully today I will post some pics here with some Croatian motorways I've been on.
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2011, 01:16 PM   #3494
bogdymol
bogdymod

A4 motorway

My trip along A4 motorway in Croatia:

Mura river, the border between Hungary and Croatia:

Hrvatska:

First exit on A4 - Gorican:

Zagreb 95 km:

Toll station:

Here I have just taken a ticket:

First tunnel ahead:

Inside the tunnel:

Old September 5th, 2011, 01:21 PM   #3495
bogdymol
bogdymod

Part 2:

Another tunnel:

Toll station before A4/A3 interchange:

After the toll station:

Getting closer to Zagreb:

A4 / A3 interchange:

Later in the evening I will post some pictures from Zagreb in my travel thread (Croatia, Slovenia & Austria by bogdymol) and after that I will continue here and in the Slovenian thread with pictures from the road to Ljubljana.
Old September 5th, 2011, 04:01 PM   #3496
hofburg
middle lane hogger

Likes (Received): 464

good motorway! what expressway is that?

Quote:
hofburg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2011, 04:02 PM   #3497
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19366

Future A12
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2011, 04:03 PM   #3498
hofburg
middle lane hogger

Likes (Received): 464

but that sign is a present-one
hofburg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2011, 04:45 PM   #3499
KHS

Likes (Received): 928

D28, future A12

http://maps.google.com/?ll=45.885468...h&z=12&vpsrc=6

KHS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2011, 06:30 PM   #3500
x-type
con los terroristas

videos made by me

great photos! A4 is really nice and interesting motorway to drive, but unfortunately it is currently a motorway in the worst condition in Croatia i hope they will repave it (although they are doing something on some sections, but not significantly).
and it lacks of rest areas, there are only 2 of them at almost 100 km long motorway.