daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 5th, 2011, 06:36 PM   #3501
KHS

Likes (Received): 928

Yes, I know. I forgot to write it down. Sorry
KHS no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 5th, 2011, 06:41 PM   #3502
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post

videos made by me

great photos! A4 is really nice and interesting motorway to drive, but unfortunately it is currently a motorway in the worst condition in Croatia i hope they will repave it (although they are doing something on some sections, but not significantly).
and it lacks of rest areas, there are only 2 of them at almost 100 km long motorway.
I've seen motorways worse than A4. The pavement was generally good (except for a few bumps), but the crash barriers were not Radi-standard I will try to upload the A4 video that I have recorded in the following days.
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2011, 06:47 PM   #3503
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

they have repaved few bad parts, but it is still bumpy regarding the other motorways in HR. i drove it 2 days ago. the section Sveta Helena - Komin is ready for complete repaving.
crash barriers, yeah, no eye-hurting in HR.
Old September 5th, 2011, 07:25 PM   #3504
hofburg
middle lane hogger

Likes (Received): 464

thanks. when was D28 built?
hofburg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2011, 07:28 PM   #3505
x-type
con los terroristas

Quote:
Originally Posted by hofburg View Post
thanks. when was D28 built?
2001 or 2002 first 9 km (Sveta Helena - Vrbovec), and 2007 next 15 km Vrbovec west - Cugovec
Old September 5th, 2011, 07:35 PM   #3506
hofburg
middle lane hogger

I wonder why Croatia doesn't have some special numbering for expressways. I mean, on google maps D28 looks just like a normal road.
Slovenia has also a few roads like this, 101 near Trzic, 104 near Ljubljana, 111 near Izola, they all have a status of expressway, but they're not numbered as 'H'. Others are.
Old September 5th, 2011, 07:44 PM   #3507
x-type
con los terroristas

because there are companies which have concessions on motorways (HAC, ARZ, AZM, BINA Istra) and they name their roads as A/B roads. all other roads are under state concession, or in other words company HC (Hrvatske ceste, Croatian roads) is taking care of them. they use D, Ž and L numbers, depends of category. very stupid.
Old September 5th, 2011, 07:49 PM   #3508
i15

Likes (Received): 609

Quote:
and when you come to Zara and buy new pants, do they ask you pin? subscription on slip is only proforma, not too worth.
when you are paying on manned booth with debit card, they will give you POS to enter your pin. on unmanned booths it is completely automatizes, just like in other countries too.
(btw i like even more unmanned toll at A2 - authorization is even faster there, half a second).
I need to enter PIN at almost every shop and gas station in my location, so that's why it was strange to me. Btw I've used unmanned one.

A4 pavement is quite bad compared to A1 or A6, but there are much worse motroways, such as some northern and eastern sections of Slovak D1, or infamous Czech D2 from Slovak border to Brno.
i15 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2011, 08:28 PM   #3509
x-type
con los terroristas

i was talking for motorways in HR that A4 is in the worst condition

about cards - are you guys sure that you've been using debit cards (Maestro, Visa Electron), and not credit cards (Diners, Master, American, Visa)? that's really weird because my debit cards are useles without pin, except at automatic toll stations. before i bought ENC i used my Maestro for paying the tolls and i had to enter pin each time. not to mention buying the gas.
Old September 5th, 2011, 08:52 PM   #3510
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
about cards - are you guys sure that you've been using debit cards (Maestro, Visa Electron), and not credit cards (Diners, Master, American, Visa)? that's really weird because my debit cards are useles without pin, except at automatic toll stations. before i bought ENC i used my Maestro for paying the tolls and i had to enter pin each time. not to mention buying the gas.
I've used my MasterCard (debit!) during my entire trip at toll stations in HR and I + gas stations in HR, A and H. Only one time I was asked for the PIN, in H. Today I've bought myself a nice leather jacket from the local mall and I had to enter my PIN code again. All in all, sometimes it is necessary, sometimes it isn't.

Another thing regarding card payments: I was asked only in USA (everytime I used my card) and once in Hungary to show an ID when using the card, although it should be necessary all the time.
Old September 5th, 2011, 11:33 PM   #3511
Puležan

Likes (Received): 971

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
I've used my MasterCard (debit!) during my entire trip at toll stations in HR and I + gas stations in HR, A and H. Only one time I was asked for the PIN, in H. Today I've bought myself a nice leather jacket from the local mall and I had to enter my PIN code again. All in all, sometimes it is necessary, sometimes it isn't.

Another thing regarding card payments: I was asked only in USA (everytime I used my card) and once in Hungary to show an ID when using the card, although it should be necessary all the time.
It depends on card type. Not all debit cards are the same. I have an VISA electron (OTP bank) and the PIN is not necessary, just signature. On the other hand, on Maestro cards (Zagrebačka banka) you have to enter your PIN when paying. But on automatic toll stations you don't even have to make signature, because this way is faster (and like toonczyk said - the bank doesn't have doubts if the transaction comes from a trusted source such as motorway operator)
Puležan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2011, 11:42 PM   #3512
Attus

Likes (Received): 1038

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
No, if the signature is alright, no ID needed. I was a deputy leader of a retail shop in Budapest some years ago so that I had to learn the rules :-)
Attus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2011, 11:46 PM   #3513
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attus View Post
No, if the signature is alright, no ID needed. I was a deputy leader of a retail shop in Budapest some years ago so that I had to learn the rules :-)
Nobody ever checked my signature. About a month ago I went to the bank to get my new card (the old one expired) and when I asked for a pen to sign on the back of the card the bank lady told me that I do that only if I want because it's not necessary...
Old September 5th, 2011, 11:56 PM   #3514
x-type
con los terroristas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puležan View Post
It depends on card type. Not all debit cards are the same. I have an VISA electron (OTP bank) and the PIN is not necessary, just signature. On the other hand, on Maestro cards (Zagrebačka banka) you have to enter your PIN when paying. But on automatic toll stations you don't even have to make signature, because this way is faster (and like toonczyk said - the bank doesn't have doubts if the transaction comes from a trusted source such as motorway operator)
actually, I have 2 Visa Electron cards. one is issued by Erste Bank, the other one is from PBZ (Intesa group). while using PBZ's card, i never use pin, but subscribing the slip. while using Erste's, i must authorize by pin.
Old September 6th, 2011, 12:00 AM   #3515
Puležan

Quote:
I wonder why Croatia doesn't have some special numbering for expressways. I mean, on google maps D28 looks just like a normal road.
Slovenia has also a few roads like this, 101 near Trzic, 104 near Ljubljana, 111 near Izola, they all have a status of expressway, but they're not numbered as 'H'. Others are.
X-type explained about the numbering (A, B, D). "B" is used only for semi-motorways during the construction (B8 will become A8; A6 was B6).The other reason for expressways having D-numbers (state road) is that most of our expressways are upgraded roads, so 2x2 sections just begin or end at some place which doesn't have to be an interchange/exit (on the other hand, motorways must start/end at the border or at the interchange). This is being done when some state road carries big traffic (especially transit), so on that section it is widened to 2x2 and has blue expressway signs. When the critical section ends (the traffic is small again), the expressway just turns back to 1+1 normal road which cannot be signed as expressway (brza cesta), and it would be too confusing to have different numbers for some sections of the same road.

For example, take a look at D1:
http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=45.484...4&z=14&l=0&m=h
-in Karlovac it's 2x2, but with traffic lights, although it's signed as limited acces road (no tractors, mopeds...)
-all the way through Lika county, it's normal 1+1 road
-near the town Dicmo it becomes an 2x2 expressway and goes to Split http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=43.605...4&z=13&l=0&m=h

The other example is D8:
-Rijeka - 2x2 city road with traffic lights
-from Rijeka to Zadar - normal 1+1 road
-Zadar - 2x2 with traffic lights
-Šibenik - 1x1 and 2x2, but denivelated
-Trogir-Kaštela-Split - U/C, it will be 2x2 with some traffic lights and some denivelated exits
-in Split - 2x3 and 2x2 with denivelated exits
-after Split it turns back to 1x1 and goes all the way to Dubrovnik

Old September 6th, 2011, 12:12 AM   #3516
hofburg
middle lane hogger

^I've driven most of that sections. I agree when old normal D road is just being upgraded, but what about D28, that's all new expressway. what else... exit Zadar expressway from A1,... Udbina expressway, there was no D1 there before.

Quote:
-after Split it turns back to 1x1 and goes all the way to Dubrovnik
there are few 1+2 sections though.

104 in Ljubljana is indeed expressway. check here - http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...7&postcount=19, yes, 101 will become 'H' later.
Old September 6th, 2011, 12:35 AM   #3517
Puležan

Quote:
^I've driven most of that sections. I agree when old normal D road is just being upgraded, but what about D28, that's all new expressway. what else... exit Zadar expressway from A1,... Udbina expressway, there was no D1 there before.
D28 will become A12 when hard shoulders are upgraded (nobody knows when, although our prime minister Jaca gives many promises)

D424 (Zadar connection to A1) and D425 (Ploče expressway to A1, although it has an 1x1 section) are the only expressways which are newly built with 2x2 profile, and also the only ones which begin and end in an interchange.

Rijeka bypass is an expressway, but it carries A-designation (A7). When the real A7 motorway is going to be built, Rijeka bypass will probably be given D8 number

All other expressways built together with the A1 motorway are 1x1.

There's D220 (Bisko-Trilj) which is newly built 1x1 expressway.

D533 (Šibenik connection to A1) is also newly built, but it has in-level crossing to acces A1 and then it just connects to old, existing road D33 http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=43.755...6&z=15&l=0&m=h

Around Udbina there are 2 new roads: D522 (Udbina connection to A1) which is 1x1 and D1 as the city bypass (but still after that bypass section, D1 becomes normal road, designated with yellow signs)

Quote:
104 in Ljubljana is indeed expressway. check here - http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...7&postcount=19, yes, 101 will become 'H' later.
OK, I didn't know about that first section has expressway standard
Puležan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2011, 12:55 AM   #3518
phiberoptik
Şerif

Likes (Received): 19

Quote:
i was talking for motorways in HR that A4 is in the worst condition

x-type, it's true that you don't need to enter PIN for debit cards here in Croatia (i think that regulative is from last summer). I always pay A5 highway with my Maestro debit card like that, and no toll station required PIN from me
phiberoptik no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2011, 08:00 AM   #3519
x-type
con los terroristas

Pulezan, there is one more new built expressway - near Ploce.
I didn't know about debit cards, payed toll last time in that way in the spring I think. I used pin.
Old September 6th, 2011, 06:29 PM   #3520
bogdymol
bogdymod

A3

A3 motorway - Zagreb bypass and the road to Slovenia

Zagreb bypass:

Zagreb airport is quite close...

A3 / A1 interchange:

A3 / A2 interchange:

Last exit on Croatian A3:

Toll station (3 5 kn):

Croatian border check-point (end of A3):

Slovenian border check-point:

Last edited by bogdymol; September 6th, 2011 at 09:52 PM.