daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 22nd, 2011, 12:16 PM   #3581
gorgoroth
Sunce ti žarko

Likes (Received): 30654

Quote:
Originally Posted by roader View Post
A8 pred otvorenje dionice Kanfanar-Pazin

Pod dionica Žminj-Pazin

Prošlo stotine strojeva i minaranja,ali ipak ostalo očuvano kao što je i bilo

Kraj dvosmjernog prometa

Autocesta

Kraj autoceste za ovu fazu gradnje autoceste

I opet po starom DVOSMJERNO-čvor Pazin Zapad/Rogovići

Sponsored Links
Old October 22nd, 2011, 12:17 PM   #3582
gorgoroth
Sunce ti žarko

Quote:
Originally Posted by roader View Post
A8 Pod dionica Pazin-Cerovlje na njoj su zasad samo geodeti u par grupa i mjere,premjeravaju,izmjeruju.....jednostavno šuljaju se po cesti

Slučaj kad nema zaštitne ograde na brzoj cesti,dvoje starijih ljudova i naravno njihov psić namjeravaju pretrčavati cestu

Kraj moje fotoreportaže,uživajte u fotkama
Old October 22nd, 2011, 12:28 PM   #3583
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19358

At least write in English what we see in the pictures.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2011, 12:40 PM   #3584
gorgoroth
Sunce ti žarko

sorry, I just switched over from the Croatian part of the Forum

It is about the opening of the motorway A8 Kanfanar-Pazin
Old October 22nd, 2011, 01:12 PM   #3585
Puležan

Likes (Received): 971

In short:
1st post - material depot (gravel excavated during the construction of that big cut, and later used on other sections of road); now and before

2nd post - section Kanfanar-Žminj, two-way traffic except on the Kanfanar junction and Žminj exit. This section is waiting for technical review and after that it will be open (planned opening date is the end of this month)

3rd post - section Žminj-Pazin, one-way traffic (2+2) until Rogovići exit

4th post - section Pazin-Cerovlje, geodetic measuring of the road because this section is next to be widened to a full profile. Two people and their dog trying to run across the road because there's no fence

So, in couple of days there will be another 18 kms of motorway opened (Kanfanar-Pazin) which will improve the traffic safety and flow on that section, because it's the most busiest section of A8 (people going from Pula to Pazin)
Puležan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2011, 01:54 PM   #3586
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

What about next part from Pazin onward?
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2011, 02:48 PM   #3587
Puležan

Quote:
Originally Posted by keber View Post
What about next part from Pazin onward?
You understand croatian, so here's the article:
http://www.glasistre.hr/istra/vijest/343591

For those who don't understand, let's say something about it...

-the most important section is Pazin-tunnel Učka, which will cost 250-300 million € (including second tube of Učka tunnel); this section is a little bit more difficult because it hasn't been planned as a motorway from the beginning, so there are some curves which are too curvy and the carriageway is too narrow

-Učka-Matulji/Permani section (connection to A7) is not planned now, because there is some discrepancy between regional and state spatial plans (primorsko-goranska county has planned end of the motorway in Matulji as today is, while state plan has it in Permani)

-annual incomes of the concessionaire (Bina Istra) are:
30 mil € from toll
18 mil € from state compensation
total - 48 mil €

-their debt today is 610 mil €, so they want to prolong their concession to 40 years (now it's 32 years which will end in 2027) in way to be able to return funds and to complete construction. Negotiations with the ministry are in progress, and probably their request will be approved because they had taken some other obligations which weren't included in original contract, such as building a new road from Pula junction to Pomer (8km) and connection road from Umag exit to border crossings Kaštel and Plovanija

-if the planning and construction starts immediately, the Pazin-Učka section could be finished in 2014
Old October 22nd, 2011, 02:52 PM   #3588
jeremiash

Likes (Received): 74

How does the state compensation thing work? Why do they get it? Do they keep all of the toll or only part?
jeremiash no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2011, 07:01 PM   #3589
Puležan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremiash View Post
How does the state compensation thing work? Why do they get it? Do they keep all of the toll or only part?
Because first plan in the middle of '90s was to toll the single-carriageway expressway, but people complained about that so the state later had cancelled that part of the contract and decided to pay the "lost toll" to the concessionaire, who was obliged to build a motorway (but didn't have enough money). Today Bina Istra as the concessionaire keeps the whole amount of toll and uses it for paying their debts and for construction.
Old October 22nd, 2011, 07:06 PM   #3590
keber

In short, we must wait at least 3 year (probably at least 4 if future of concession is still not clear now).

At least section Pazin - Borut (Cerovlje) should be done faster, original half was already built as part of future expressway (even with toll booths).
Old October 22nd, 2011, 07:41 PM   #3591
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

i presonally think there is no sense to double existing sigle-cxarriageway from Rijeka to tunnel Učka, but they should build completely new motorway in the hills northwestern from existing expressway. existing expressway is too curvy, and i don't see clever solution for motorway through Matulji where it runs through urban area.
Old October 22nd, 2011, 07:41 PM   #3592
Puležan

Quote:
Originally Posted by keber View Post
In short, we must wait at least 3 year (probably at least 4 if future of concession is still not clear now).
That's right. First sections from Pazin to the east could be finished in min 2-3 years (Pazin-Cerovlje is cca 10 kms long section, so it's not that much).

Quote:
At least section Pazin - Borut (Cerovlje) should be done faster, original half was already built as part of future expressway (even with toll booths).
That's partially true. That section hasn't been planned as 2x2 from the beginning, which can be seen on this overpass not planned for 2x2 road under it. http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=45.229...5&z=17&l=0&m=s

But still, after that overpass there's no other before Lupoglav exit, and the terrain is flat, so upgrading to a full profile will be easy and fast
Old October 24th, 2011, 04:49 AM   #3593
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Just returned from Pula; the motorway was totally empty. But why is the speed limit only 110 km/h even on the eastern (new) half with a hard shoulder?
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2011, 11:57 AM   #3594
darko06

Likes (Received): 148

I asked the same question when this motorway was opened. They didn't give me satisfying answer.
darko06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2011, 03:08 PM   #3595
hofburg
middle lane hogger

Likes (Received): 464

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
i presonally think there is no sense to double existing sigle-cxarriageway from Rijeka to tunnel Učka, but they should build completely new motorway in the hills northwestern from existing expressway. existing expressway is too curvy, and i don't see clever solution for motorway through Matulji where it runs through urban area.
where exactly would you do that? the terrain is very elevated all around there. also I noticed there's one in-level interchange just in the begining of A8 near Rijeka. Will it stay like that?
hofburg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2011, 06:42 PM   #3596
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko06 View Post
I asked the same question when this motorway was opened. They didn't give me satisfying answer.
existing road is constructed for speeds up to 110. due to stupid Croatian habbits, 110 remained (probably because of radius of curves). you know that HR has probably the most stupid limits in Europe (beside these Scandinavian nonsenses like 90 on the motorway)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hofburg View Post
where exactly would you do that? the terrain is very elevated all around there. also I noticed there's one in-level interchange just in the begining of A8 near Rijeka. Will it stay like that?
they really plan to do it. here is one of the maps where you can see it. in this case intersection with traffic lights remains definitely.
Old October 24th, 2011, 06:46 PM   #3597
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
existing road is constructed for speeds up to 110. due to stupid Croatian habbits, 110 remained (probably because of radius of curves).
True, the motorway is quite winding.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2011, 06:52 PM   #3598
toonczyk
autostradożerca

Quote:
you know that HR has probably the most stupid limits in Europe (beside these Scandinavian nonsenses like 90 on the motorway)
I think that's debatable, I think speed limits I've seen in Croatia are quite sensible compared to some other countries. How about enforcement - are those speed limits really enforced by the police? I've never seen anyone being pulled over on motorways in Croatia, and that's not that uncommon in other countries nowadays.
Old October 24th, 2011, 07:45 PM   #3599
keber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
True, the motorway is quite winding.
Not from Poreč toward south. There could be easily 130 km/h limit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonczyk View Post
I think that's debatable, I think speed limits I've seen in Croatia are quite sensible compared to some other countries.
Hm, you haven't seen most of Croatia. 40 km/h speed limits on 80 km/h curves, towns and villages beginning even a kilometer from the first house, 60 km/h speed limits, that take many kilometers, and all that on all types of roads except motorways, that is very annoying.
Old October 24th, 2011, 07:52 PM   #3600
ivan_ri
rekreativac

Likes (Received): 220

Quote:
they really plan to do it. here is one of the maps where you can see it. in this case intersection with traffic lights remains definitely.
according to current official document of Matulji, there will be no traffic lights on that intersection

ivan_ri no está en línea   Reply With Quote