daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 3rd, 2011, 06:03 PM   #3681
geor

Likes (Received): 16

deleted

Last edited by geor; June 22nd, 2012 at 04:13 PM.
geor no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 3rd, 2011, 07:23 PM   #3682
Zanovijetalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by geor View Post
What a stuff?
Let"s make think clear, once more.

As ordinary people (motorway users) we woulud discuss every detail of safety system and make pressure to our decision makers via many different society organisations (one of them is this forum) with only intension to move things forward. If that is wrong, I will stop tolking obout and sand you apology letter....
No need to apologize to me, I don't want to offend you or anything.

Just think what you do here is way too detailed for this thread. This place is for quick updates with photos about new motorways, plans, etc.

Road safety is of course important but IMO what you do here, you should do in Croatian SSC section in a separate topic, so members interested in road safety would have a place to discuss it.

Well, that's how I see it, I may be wrong though.
Zanovijetalo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2011, 08:24 PM   #3683
Rusonaldo
Autostrady Polska

Likes (Received): 12616

Rusonaldo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2011, 07:07 PM   #3684
Puležan

Likes (Received): 971

That "droga ekspresowa" became "autostrada" this summer, so it's now called A9 (not B9) Only that bridge (Mirna) shown in the movie is still single-carriageway. Upgrade is expected in 2014-2016 period, which won't be a problem because the rest of the road is 2x2. There is bunch of much more needed projects in Istra, such as upgrade of B8 to A8 east from Pazin
Puležan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2011, 08:52 PM   #3685
geor

Likes (Received): 16

deleted

Last edited by geor; June 22nd, 2012 at 04:12 PM.
geor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2011, 09:22 PM   #3686
admirer of sir ALEX

Likes (Received): 85

i was searching for this picture.

><
admirer of sir ALEX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2011, 11:01 PM   #3687
Puležan

Quote:
Originally Posted by admirer of sir ALEX View Post
i was searching for this picture.

><
You have bunch of nice pictures here: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=991937

The bridge on the picture is "most Bajer" on A6 in Gorski Kotar area
Old December 8th, 2011, 09:20 PM   #3688
admirer of sir ALEX

Thanks!
One more with resize of the most beautiful picture of the bridge Bajer on A6:

><
Old December 8th, 2011, 09:44 PM   #3689
admirer of sir ALEX

Autumn on motorway:

><
Old December 22nd, 2011, 05:35 PM   #3690
Puležan

http://www.glasistre.hr/istra/vijest/346319

2015: "Istrian Y" in full-motorway standard

The construction of the second carriageway of A8 (Pazin-Matulji, including the second tube of Učka tunnel - total 47km) could start in September or October 2012. Construction could last 3 years because of the complexity of terrain and road parameters (lots of viaducts, cuts, new tunnel tube, realignment of the existing road).

Works will cost 250-300 mil €. David Gabelica, CEO of Bina Istra, has announced that domestic construction companies will be engaged in construction, as they were before on A9 and first part of A8. He also mentioned that about 75 km of motorway were opened this year (A8+A9+connection roads to Pomer and border with SLO).
Old December 22nd, 2011, 06:07 PM   #3691
darko06

Likes (Received): 148

Congratulations!
How did they manage funding, due to the complicated financial situation in the EU?
I think, the European obligation is to build and finish the second tube till 2018.
darko06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2011, 06:30 PM   #3692
Puležan

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko06 View Post
Congratulations!
How did they manage funding, due to the complicated financial situation in the EU?
I think, the European obligation is to build and finish the second tube till 2018.
Well, they have multiple sources of financing:
-toll, which is about 0,50 kn/km (0,06 €) + special tunnel toll 28 kn (3,73 €) -> total: 98 km of tolled motorway sections+Učka tunnel
-bank credits
-compensation received from the government for non-tolled sections (according to the concession agreement)-I explained that system few pages before, so you can read if you're interested

Also, Bina-Istra as the concessionaire has a complex ownership structure, with many different companies (including Bouygues, HAC-Croatian motorways, INA-oil industry...) so financing is not really a problem. http://www.bina-istra.com/Default.aspx?sid=368

And yes, there's a timeline (2019) to build the second tube or emergency tube for long tunnels (in this case, the second tube will be a regular one), although today the traffic isn't that high. The most important thing is to build the second carriageway from Pazin to Učka (bacause today overtaking is hardly possible), and improve road parameters from Učka to Rijeka (today it's not even expressway standard)
Old December 22nd, 2011, 06:48 PM   #3693
darko06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puležan View Post
...The most important thing is to build the second carriageway from Pazin to Učka (bacause today overtaking is hardly possible), and improve road parameters from Učka to Rijeka (today it's not even expressway standard)
I know, because that's why I'm regularly driving from Zagreb to Poreč and vice versa through Slovenia.

BTW, neither the lack of hard shoulder at lane in direction Pula nor the speed limit of 110 km/h on both lanes doesn't bother me anymore. A few weeks ago I drove the Brennerautobahn/Autostrada di Brennero, and on Italian side from the borderline to Bozen/Bolzano there is speed limit of 110 km/h. This mwy is as curvy as the IY, and hard shoulder is very, very narrow. But, the speed limit in tunnels (double tube) is also 110 km/h. And how strange, it seems that the Safety Tutor doesn't exist in Suedtirol/Alto Adige region...

Last edited by darko06; December 22nd, 2011 at 06:53 PM.
Old December 22nd, 2011, 07:00 PM   #3694
Puležan

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko06 View Post
I know, because that's why I'm regularly driving from Zagreb to Poreč and vice versa through Slovenia.

BTW, neither the lack of hard shoulder at lane in direction Pula nor the speed limit of 110 km/h on both lanes doesn't bother me aymore. A few weeks ago I drove the Brennerautobahn/Autostrada di Brennero, and on Italian side from the borderline to Bozen/Bolzano there is speed limit of 110 km/h. This mwy is as curvy as the IY, and hard shoulder is very, very narrow. But, the speed limit in tunnels (double tube) is also 110 km/h. And how strange, it seems that the Safety Tutor doesn't exist in Suedtirol/Alto Adige region...
The hard shoulder will be built after completion of upgrade to 2+2, both on A8 and A9, and there's even an information of putting 130 km/h limit on A9, which is not so curvy as A8 In the end, the most important thing is to have 2x2 road, regardless of the speed limit.

But, if Poland can have 120 km/h limit on their expressways (S-roads), then Croatia could do it as well Their S-roads are the same as our A8 and A9: 3,5 m wide lanes with 2,5 m hard shoulder...
Old December 22nd, 2011, 07:11 PM   #3695
darko06

Imagine that at A6 exists speed limit 110 km/h in all tunnel tubes.

However, when at that mwy the lanes are slightly wet, the speed limit is 100 km/h, in tunnel tubes as low as 80 km/h.
Old December 22nd, 2011, 08:32 PM   #3696
italystf

Likes (Received): 2183

Is true that they're planning a second bridge to Krk island? It seems useless to me. When the Peliesac bridge and the A1 to Dubrovnik will open (if the project hadn't be abandoned)? Are there plans to connect some islands with mainland?
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2011, 09:21 PM   #3697
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
Is true that they're planning a second bridge to Krk island? It seems useless to me. When the Peliesac bridge and the A1 to Dubrovnik will open (if the project hadn't be abandoned)? Are there plans to connect some islands with mainland?
i am also not a fan of second Krk bridge. however, if they expand oil and gas terminals in Omišalj (what is the main reason to make second bridge), it will make more sense.
there is also possibility of making twin bridge to an existing. but again, new bridge would be cheaper. namely, current bridgt (about 1500 m long) is not at the narrowest point of channel. new bridge would be some 900 m long.

Pelješac bridge is on hold. i think it will stay on hold for some time.
Old December 22nd, 2011, 11:20 PM   #3698
italystf

Likes (Received): 2183

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type

i am also not a fan of second Krk bridge. however, if they expand oil and gas terminals in Omišalj (what is the main reason to make second bridge), it will make more sense.
Is really a good idea build industrial plants on a turistic paradise like Krk?
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2011, 11:32 PM   #3699
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
Is really a good idea build industrial plants on a turistic paradise like Krk?
it is already built, look at here. the main purpose of an existing bridge is carrying an oil pipe.
Old December 23rd, 2011, 12:03 AM   #3700
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Schengen is a bit more than just road border controls. It's free movement of capital, goods and persons.
The so-called "four freedoms" of the EU (free movement of capital, goods, persons, and services) have been in effect since the Single Europe Act came into force 1 Jan 1993. The Schengen Agreements (which came into effect 26 March 1995 and were incorporated into the EU treaties as of 1 May 1999) were about border controls and police and judicial cooperation.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote