daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old December 23rd, 2011, 01:08 AM   #3701
ivan_ri
rekreativac
 
ivan_ri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Rijeka/Flumen Sancti Viti
Posts: 11,648
Likes (Received): 220

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
it is already built, look at here. the main purpose of an existing bridge is carrying an oil pipe.
not any more
__________________
built to last
bio sam naivan, zaljubljen i mlad,
volio sam rijeku, volim je i sad

ivan_ri no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 23rd, 2011, 01:13 AM   #3702
dpp33
Registered User
 
dpp33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 334
Likes (Received): 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post
The so-called "four freedoms" of the EU (free movement of capital, goods, persons, and services) have been in effect since the Single Europe Act came into force 1 Jan 1993. The Schengen Agreements (which came into effect 26 March 1995 and were incorporated into the EU treaties as of 1 May 1999) were about border controls and police and judicial cooperation.
Single European Act entered into force in 1987, and the freedoms (except for free movement of capital) have been in effect a lot longer than that.
dpp33 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2012, 11:36 PM   #3703
Zagor666
Motomaniac
 
Zagor666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Rumenka - Köln
Posts: 826
Likes (Received): 349

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_xODqoBOe8

A beautiful Video,drive thru Kordun
Last Year i drived thru Topusko and the whole Region is realy wonderful
Zagor666 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2012, 03:31 AM   #3704
arnau_Vic
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 354
Likes (Received): 39


thanks for the video
arnau_Vic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2012, 04:32 PM   #3705
phiberoptik
Şerif
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Zagreb
Posts: 236
Likes (Received): 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
Spectacular bridge! Why are the best Slovenian creations usually built abroad?
You could build bridge like that between Croatian A9 and Trieste
phiberoptik no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2012, 05:02 PM   #3706
bogdymol
bogdymod
 
bogdymol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 11,178

Quote:
Originally Posted by phiberoptik View Post
You could build bridge like that between Croatian A9 and Trieste
Why not directly from Croatian A9 to Venice?
__________________
Lived, Been, Drove in: A B BG BiH CH CZ D DK E F FIN FL GBZ GR H HR I IRL L M MNE P PL RO RSM S SK SLO SRB UK V
+ Australia, Hong Kong, Macau, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, United Arab Emirates & United States of America
my clinched highways
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2012, 05:04 PM   #3707
Zagor666
Motomaniac
 
Zagor666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Rumenka - Köln
Posts: 826
Likes (Received): 349

Or a Bridge from Dublin to New York
I saw a Documentary where a Dude planed a Tunnel between England and the USA and if you love Bridges there also is a Documentary about planing a Brifge over the Bering Street
Zagor666 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2012, 05:11 PM   #3708
bogdymol
bogdymod
 
bogdymol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 11,178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagor666 View Post
Or a Bridge from Dublin to New York
I saw a Documentary where a Dude planed a Tunnel between England and the USA and if you love Bridges there also is a Documentary about planing a Brifge over the Bering Street
I saw them both. Unfortunatelly, I don't think they are going to happen (soon).
__________________
Lived, Been, Drove in: A B BG BiH CH CZ D DK E F FIN FL GBZ GR H HR I IRL L M MNE P PL RO RSM S SK SLO SRB UK V
+ Australia, Hong Kong, Macau, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, United Arab Emirates & United States of America
my clinched highways
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2012, 05:18 PM   #3709
Zagor666
Motomaniac
 
Zagor666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Rumenka - Köln
Posts: 826
Likes (Received): 349

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
I saw them both. Unfortunatelly, I don't think they are going to happen (soon).
Well,the Tunnel is to be honestly a stupid Idea at all,the Bridge could be realised but the Question ist who need it?The next Roads in the Region are a few thousands Kilometers away
Zagor666 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2012, 05:43 PM   #3710
nenea_hartia
Skeptic
 
nenea_hartia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Romania
Posts: 3,714
Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagor666 View Post
The next Roads in the Region are a few thousands Kilometers away
They are made of mud (at least in Siberia), and carrying a maximum of 2 Kamaz truks per day.
Seriously now, I've seen too both documentaries. Of course, such utopias won't be build in our lifetimes, but it was a good TV show from an engineer's point of view.
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2012, 06:21 PM   #3711
Verso
Islander
 
Verso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ljubljana
Posts: 22,086
Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by phiberoptik View Post
You could build bridge like that between Croatian A9 and Trieste
Oh, Croatian jokes never get old.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2012, 06:40 PM   #3712
x-type
con los terroristas
 
x-type's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bjelovar [HR]
Posts: 13,465
Likes (Received): 3436

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
Oh, Croatian jokes never get old.
actually there was some nutty engineer who presented the project of bridge from Umag to Grado
__________________
Svaki dan sanjam autobahn...
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2012, 07:13 PM   #3713
Singidunum
Grad Oblakodera
 
Singidunum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Beograd
Posts: 35,539
Likes (Received): 16167

Well the channel tunnel is 50km long while Grado-Umag is only about 20 so it is entirely possible. And it's not like Croatia doesn't have a history of such projects, just look at enormous Peljesac bridge intended to connect Dubrovnik with the rest of Croatia.
__________________
Like Skyscrapercity Serbian Forum on Facebook

Potpišite peticiju protiv rušenja Generalštaba!
Singidunum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2012, 09:50 PM   #3714
x-type
con los terroristas
 
x-type's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bjelovar [HR]
Posts: 13,465
Likes (Received): 3436

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singidunum View Post
Well the channel tunnel is 50km long while Grado-Umag is only about 20 so it is entirely possible. And it's not like Croatia doesn't have a history of such projects, just look at enormous Peljesac bridge intended to connect Dubrovnik with the rest of Croatia.
enormous? it wouldn't be that much larger project than Ada bridge actually, neither considering the costs nor considering the structure.
and whoever follows road construction in Croatia knows that Pelješac bridge is/was near realization, while other similar large projects were never close to it.
__________________
Svaki dan sanjam autobahn...
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2012, 10:07 PM   #3715
Singidunum
Grad Oblakodera
 
Singidunum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Beograd
Posts: 35,539
Likes (Received): 16167

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
enormous? it wouldn't be that much larger project than Ada bridge actually, neither considering the costs nor considering the structure.
and whoever follows road construction in Croatia knows that Pelješac bridge is/was near realization, while other similar large projects were never close to it.
Ada bridge is pretty enormous and oversized and the authorities are often criticized for this megalomania.

I have no idea what is going on, every time I asked about it, I got the same reply that nobody knows, I guess we have no forumers to post updates from Peljesac.

Anyway the whole point of Peljesac bridge is to avoid Neum, town populated by Croats anyway. I think it would make far more sense to avoid Slovenia
__________________
Like Skyscrapercity Serbian Forum on Facebook

Potpišite peticiju protiv rušenja Generalštaba!
Singidunum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2012, 10:15 PM   #3716
x-type
con los terroristas
 
x-type's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bjelovar [HR]
Posts: 13,465
Likes (Received): 3436

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singidunum View Post
Ada bridge is pretty enormous and oversized and the authorities are often criticized for this megalomania.

I have no idea what is going on, every time I asked about it, I got the same reply that nobody knows, I guess we have no forumers to post updates from Peljesac.

Anyway the whole point of Peljesac bridge is to avoid Neum, town populated by Croats anyway. I think it would make far more sense to avoid Slovenia
works are on hold and will probably not be continued, that is the only truth.
avoiding Slovenia doesn't make any purpose anymore because we will survive 2-3 more years with border controls (which will probably become just a formal procedure after 01.07.2013.). (i am trying to ignore your and be serious ). from the same reason (EU), avoiding BIH makes sense, especially when there are no compromises from their side about free Neum corridor.
who cares about Neum's population? it is in foreign country
__________________
Svaki dan sanjam autobahn...
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2012, 10:24 PM   #3717
Singidunum
Grad Oblakodera
 
Singidunum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Beograd
Posts: 35,539
Likes (Received): 16167

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
works are on hold and will probably not be continued, that is the only truth.
avoiding Slovenia doesn't make any purpose anymore because we will survive 2-3 more years with border controls (which will probably become just a formal procedure after 01.07.2013.). (i am trying to ignore your and be serious ). from the same reason (EU), avoiding BIH makes sense, especially when there are no compromises from their side about free Neum corridor.
who cares about Neum's population? it is in foreign country
I see, well that means only one thing - more funds for the tunnel Joking aside, too bad, despite it not being a very senseful project, it still would have been an awesome bridge.

Well I guess Bosnia will either become an EU member state so that border will become equally irrelevant or people of Neum and that whole region will vote to join Croatia as they will not want to be hostages to someone elses politics for much longer. But let's not go there
__________________
Like Skyscrapercity Serbian Forum on Facebook

Potpišite peticiju protiv rušenja Generalštaba!
Singidunum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2012, 11:21 PM   #3718
Verso
Islander
 
Verso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ljubljana
Posts: 22,086
Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
avoiding Slovenia doesn't make any purpose anymore because we will survive 2-3 more years with border controls
Avoiding Slovenia hasn't made sense since we entered EU and Schengen. Even if there were already a bridge between Croatia and Italy, you'd still have control on the Croatian-Italian border. (sorry for OT)
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2012, 09:28 AM   #3719
Bad_Hafen
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 13,882
Likes (Received): 159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singidunum View Post
I have no idea what is going on, every time I asked about it, I got the same reply that nobody knows, I guess we have no forumers to post updates from Peljesac.
I have a clue, it was only political game of Croatia*s nationalists, new SDP government will not invest 1 cent in Peljesac bridge. They have also anounced that the motorway direction Dubrovnik south of Ploce is going trough Hercegovina.
Bad_Hafen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2012, 11:17 AM   #3720
x-type
con los terroristas
 
x-type's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bjelovar [HR]
Posts: 13,465
Likes (Received): 3436

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Hafen
I have a clue, it was only political game of Croatia*s nationalists, new SDP government will not invest 1 cent in Peljesac bridge. They have also anounced that the motorway direction Dubrovnik south of Ploce is going trough Hercegovina.
They have not. They are more considering about corridor through Neum and reject possibility of longer section through Hercegovina.
__________________
Svaki dan sanjam autobahn...
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium