daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old January 5th, 2012, 12:34 PM   #3721
phiberoptik
Şerif
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Zagreb
Posts: 236
Likes (Received): 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singidunum View Post
Ada bridge is pretty enormous and oversized and the authorities are often criticized for this megalomania.

I have no idea what is going on, every time I asked about it, I got the same reply that nobody knows, I guess we have no forumers to post updates from Peljesac.

Anyway the whole point of Peljesac bridge is to avoid Neum, town populated by Croats anyway. I think it would make far more sense to avoid Slovenia
One underpass (i.e. tunnel) between Croatian Međimurje (Sv. Martin na Muri) and Bad Radkersburg to connect Croatia to Europe and one overpass (i.e. bridge or viaduct) to connect Umag to our free teritory of Trieste (STT VUJNA)
phiberoptik no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 5th, 2012, 12:37 PM   #3722
sallae2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,363
Likes (Received): 1570

What is the cost difference?
Are there estimates of how much it will cost to build motorway through Croatia or through Herzegovina?
sallae2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2012, 12:47 PM   #3723
Bad_Hafen
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 13,882
Likes (Received): 159

@salle
the cost difference is significant, but not only costs are problematic, also layout because HR territory on some points is to narow to build propper mwy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
They have not. They are more considering about corridor through Neum and reject possibility of longer section through Hercegovina.
They have, you should have followed the news more careful.
Bad_Hafen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2012, 06:22 PM   #3724
x-type
con los terroristas
 
x-type's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bjelovar [HR]
Posts: 13,465
Likes (Received): 3436

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Hafen View Post
@salle
the cost difference is significant, but not only costs are problematic, also layout because HR territory on some points is to narow to build propper mwy.
They have, you should have followed the news more careful.
as i've said - they have not. they are just considering wehter to construct north-eastern variant through BIH teritory, or to construct south-western variant through Neum and HR teritory. it is up to negotiation now. since the plans for south-western variant already exist, i guess it is more appropriate due to finances. also, i doubt that BIH will offer some acceptable terms for north-eastern variant, so HR will probably reject it (i guess BIH will demand 100% HR funding of that project).
too narrow? it is not. there is only one point south from Dubrovnik where HR ground is less than 1 km wide. but that part is not being considered yet since it is located south from Dubrovnik. the most narrow part on section which we're talking about is about 3500 metres wide at one point, ni other places about 6-7000 metres. more than enough.

Singi, could you please move this interesting debate about HR motorways to HR thread? i don't like being offtopic, and i like that debate a lot thx
__________________
Svaki dan sanjam autobahn...
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2012, 04:33 AM   #3725
Bad_Hafen
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 13,882
Likes (Received): 159

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
as i've said - they have not. they are just considering wehter to construct north-eastern variant through BIH teritory, or to construct south-western variant through Neum and HR teritory. it is up to negotiation now. since the plans for south-western variant already exist, i guess it is more appropriate due to finances.
I am too lasy to look for reports from ALL media stating that new government has given up A1 trough Croatia territory. So if you are interested just look for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
i doubt that BIH will offer some acceptable terms for north-eastern variant, so HR will probably reject it (i guess BIH will demand 100% HR funding of that project).
How do you know that BiH (and btw who is BiH in this aspect please do answer) will demand 100% HR finance?
Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
too narrow? it is not. there is only one point south from Dubrovnik where HR ground is less than 1 km wide. but that part is not being considered yet since it is located south from Dubrovnik. the most narrow part on section which we're talking about is about 3500 metres wide at one point, ni other places about 6-7000 metres. more than enough.
IIt is 500m wide and terrain is like in Alps (almost). So yes it is possible, but feasable for country like Croatia?! I highly doubt.
Bad_Hafen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2012, 01:36 PM   #3726
italystf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,447
Likes (Received): 2183

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type

actually there was some nutty engineer who presented the project of bridge from Umag to Grado
And from Ancona to Zadar too, that is 120 km.
__________________
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2012, 01:36 PM   #3727
x-type
con los terroristas
 
x-type's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bjelovar [HR]
Posts: 13,465
Likes (Received): 3436

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Hafen View Post
I am too lasy to look for reports from ALL media stating that new government has given up A1 trough Croatia territory. So if you are interested just look for it.
i took a loko on those articles already, and listened to new minister's words in few interviews about that topic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Hafen View Post
How do you know that BiH (and btw who is BiH in this aspect please do answer) will demand 100% HR finance?
because media are talking about that, and i personaly expect it. who is BIH? an independent country in southeastern Europe represented by its government or council of ministers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Hafen View Post
IIt is 500m wide and terrain is like in Alps (almost). So yes it is possible, but feasable for country like Croatia?! I highly doubt.
the terrain is nothing more difficult that descent from Velebit to Zadar. if we would consider that complexity of terrain impacts on possibility of building the motorways, than Italian A10 or A23 would never exist, BIH would not plan southern branch of corridor V, MNE would never plan a single km of motorways, Greek A2 would be considered impossible etc. etc.

and i must obivously draw you something:

__________________
Svaki dan sanjam autobahn...
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2012, 10:15 PM   #3728
darko06
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 772
Likes (Received): 148

Bad_Hafen is nothing more than a troller. Every month he trolls in Croatian, Albanian, Bosnian, Serbian or Montenegrin section with his boring idea on spending Croatian taxpayers' money to build a motorway in a foreign cuntry.
Wake up, dude! Yugoslavia doesn't exist and will never do.
darko06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2012, 10:22 PM   #3729
darko06
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 772
Likes (Received): 148

To refresh him, in the year 2015 it will be a full Schengen regime on the whole Croatian-Bosnia&Herzegovinian border, and it will probably last until the year 2030. On the other side, there is a possibility that Montenegro enters the EU in the year 2019 and the Schengen in the year 2021.
So would the EU tolerate the non-EU gap between Podgorica and Vienna (or Frankfurt)? The probable answer is: not in our dreams!
darko06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2012, 10:33 PM   #3730
darko06
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 772
Likes (Received): 148

And to comment Mr. Dadić's proposal about the ferry-line between pylons of non-built Pelješac bridge: such thinking seriously discards his reputation as a traffic expert (he is currently dean of the Traffic Sciences School (Faculty of Traffic Sciences) at the University of Zagreb and holds Ph.D. in Traffic Sciences).
darko06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2012, 11:12 PM   #3731
nenea_hartia
Skeptic
 
nenea_hartia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Romania
Posts: 3,714
Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko06 View Post
To refresh him, in the year 2015 it will be a full Schengen regime on the whole Croatian-Bosnia&Herzegovinian border [...]
Can you please clarify? I am unaware about any joining of BiH to the Schengen agreement. Croatia will, of course, join the agreement much sooner. I know this is not a reason to build a very expensive bridge, but to be honest I would really like to see it happening. It would be just a great addition to your splendid motorway network, probably the best in Eastern Europe.
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2012, 12:23 AM   #3732
GROBIN
Conducteur infatigable
 
GROBIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Francilien délocalisé, issu de la diversité
Posts: 712
Likes (Received): 1607



Maybe Croatia will get EU funds in the future to make that bridge ? Or maybe the aim of the EU will be to integrate BIH within its borders ? What do you guys think ?
__________________
Everyone smiles in the same language.
Self-called tolerant people tend to be tolerant only with people with similar opinions & call others "retards".


Been Drove Rode my bike Lived:
A AND AUS B BIH BY CZ D E EST ET F FIN GB H HR I IL L LT LV MAL MC PL RI SGP SK SLO T TN USA UA YV

"Richtgeschwindigkeit" should be the default system in all EU motorways & expressways & lane indiscipline should be harshly fought! Down with radars on motorways!
GROBIN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2012, 12:49 AM   #3733
nenea_hartia
Skeptic
 
nenea_hartia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Romania
Posts: 3,714
Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by GROBIN View Post


Maybe Croatia will get EU funds in the future to make that bridge ? Or maybe the aim of the EU will be to integrate BIH within its borders ? What do you guys think ?
Good questions. Both hypothesis could be plausible and the second one would be preferable, although personally, I would really love to see the bridge . But unfortunately, with the current economical crisis which is storming over Europe, no one could know...
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2012, 05:21 AM   #3734
Verso
Islander
 
Verso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ljubljana
Posts: 22,086
Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko06 View Post
So would the EU tolerate the non-EU gap between Podgorica and Vienna (or Frankfurt)? The probable answer is: not in our dreams!
I doubt the EU would care about that.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2012, 09:03 AM   #3735
il brutto
Registriran uporabnik
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ljubljana
Posts: 925
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenea_hartia View Post
Can you please clarify? I am unaware about any joining of BiH to the Schengen agreement. Croatia will, of course, join the agreement much sooner. I know this is not a reason to build a very expensive bridge, but to be honest I would really like to see it happening. It would be just a great addition to your splendid motorway network, probably the best in Eastern Europe.
I think as Schengen regime he meant the external regime (outer border of Schengen area), not internal (free flow).
il brutto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2012, 09:59 AM   #3736
darko06
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 772
Likes (Received): 148

By Schengen regime I mean the outer border of Schengen area.
darko06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2012, 10:02 AM   #3737
darko06
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 772
Likes (Received): 148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
I doubt the EU would care about that.
You would be very surprised.
It is possible, though, that the EU will finance even the bypass between Novo Mesto and Bosiljevo (let's say an expressway like Razdrto-Nova Gorica).
darko06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2012, 10:06 AM   #3738
darko06
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 772
Likes (Received): 148

Quote:
Originally Posted by GROBIN View Post


Maybe Croatia will get EU funds in the future to make that bridge ? Or maybe the aim of the EU will be to integrate BIH within its borders ? What do you guys think ?
It is hard truth that most of EU countries want to see BiH integrated into the EU ASAP, but the peoples of BiH don't want to ammend necessary legislation (especially the Bosnian Serbs).
darko06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2012, 12:51 PM   #3739
keber
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Slovenia
Posts: 9,878
Likes (Received): 1364

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko06 View Post
You would be very surprised.
It is possible, though, that the EU will finance even the bypass between Novo Mesto and Bosiljevo (let's say an expressway like Razdrto-Nova Gorica).
EU did not finance mentioned expressway. Therefore I doubt for the second one except maybe some minor part, maybe 20% of the whole cost.
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2012, 08:25 PM   #3740
GROBIN
Conducteur infatigable
 
GROBIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Francilien délocalisé, issu de la diversité
Posts: 712
Likes (Received): 1607



Bosnia & Herzegovina can always enter the Schengen zone without entering the EU, like Norway, Iceland or Switzerland whose people voted against the EU.

According to a survey made in HR, French journalists from BFM TV said 58% of Croatians want their country to join the EU. How does it really look around you ? I hope you join at least Schengen !
__________________
Everyone smiles in the same language.
Self-called tolerant people tend to be tolerant only with people with similar opinions & call others "retards".


Been Drove Rode my bike Lived:
A AND AUS B BIH BY CZ D E EST ET F FIN GB H HR I IL L LT LV MAL MC PL RI SGP SK SLO T TN USA UA YV

"Richtgeschwindigkeit" should be the default system in all EU motorways & expressways & lane indiscipline should be harshly fought! Down with radars on motorways!
GROBIN no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium