daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 4th, 2012, 11:01 PM   #3841
smokiboy

Likes (Received): 149

@ Puležan - Can you show what you mean on a map. I'm pretty sure I follow you but just want to be sure. I may be in Hreljin in late summer. Hvala.
smokiboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 4th, 2012, 11:54 PM   #3842
Puležan

Likes (Received): 971

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokiboy View Post
@ Puležan - Can you show what you mean on a map. I'm pretty sure I follow you but just want to be sure. I may be in Hreljin in late summer. Hvala.
Here's the map (a little bit old, but only few things were changed):
-the light blue interrupted line in the hinterland of Rijeka is the future A7 motorway, going from "čvor/junction Permani" to "čvor Križišće". You can see the preparation for junction Permani on the existing A7: http://wikimapia.org/#lat=45.4252704...1&z=15&l=0&m=s

-the green line in Rijeka is today's expressway signed as A7, spanning from Matulji to Sv.Kuzam. Further east it is red, because it's the current construction site (from Sv.Kuzam to Hreljin and Križišće). You can see that section marked as "riječka obilaznica".

-when the "real" A7 motorway will be built, today's Rijeka bypass (from Matulji to Križišće) will be resigned as "D8" expressway

Puležan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2012, 01:14 AM   #3843
Puležan

I forgot to mention... The section from Križišće towards south (Žuta Lokva), which is shown in purple, is the section on which Vratnik tunnel is planned. Last couple of days there were some informations and/or plans to start boring the tunnel, but the government calculated that it's too expensive, while there are many other important projects (new railroad Zg-Rijeka, motorway to Dubrovnik...). So, that news about postponing the project is actually about not starting the works

Old April 5th, 2012, 01:47 AM   #3844
smokiboy

Thanks man.

Croatia has a very extensive (and excellent) motorway network, which is nearing completion. Maybe with the exception of north central Slavonia, few people are more than some 50km away from a motorway.

Although I don't see the need for the two planned motorways toward Hungary, would not a fast highway (brza cesta) suffice? Perhaps a fast highway through northern Slavonia to Osijek and beyond is more needed?
Old April 5th, 2012, 02:04 AM   #3845
Puležan

Quote:
Thanks man.

Croatia has a very extensive (and excellent) motorway network, which is nearing completion. Maybe with the exception of north central Slavonia, few people are more than some 50km away from a motorway.
Yes. About 1200 km is built of 1500 planned

Quote:
Although I don't see the need for the two planned motorways toward Hungary, would not a fast highway (brza cesta) suffice? Perhaps a fast highway through northern Slavonia to Osijek and beyond is more needed?
If you understand croatian, you can read our thread about motorways; there have been many discussions and arguing about that. In short, A13 makes sense because it connects Zagreb with Bjelovar (pop. 42 000) and Virovitica (22 000) and also goes to Pecs (Hungary is also planning a motorway towards Croatia - M60):

But the other one, A12 towards Križevci and Koprivnica, really doesn't make sense because today the traffic is really low. Even a dual carriageway expressway would be too much for that traffic. On the other hand, it would be ok as a single carriageway expressway

In the end - there's an 2x2 expressway planned on Varaždin-Virovitica-Osijek-Vukovar route.
Old April 5th, 2012, 05:07 AM   #3846
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

What about between Varaždin and the Slovenian border? There will be a 2-lane expressway between Ptuj and Ormož.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2012, 03:36 PM   #3847
Puležan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
What about between Varaždin and the Slovenian border? There will be a 2-lane expressway between Ptuj and Ormož.
On our side there will also be a 2-lane expressway from Ormož (border crossing) to Varaždin. In fact, one part is finished - Varaždin south and west bypass:
http://wikimapia.org/#lat=46.297233&...3&z=12&l=0&m=o

The whole route of croatian D2 will be replaced with an expressway (but west from VŽ it will be a single carriageway, while the eastern part to Osijek will be dual carriageway because of much bigger traffic volume)
Old April 5th, 2012, 06:17 PM   #3848
Verso
Islander

There's currently no expressway planned from the future Ptuj-Ormož expressway to the Croatian border, but Ormož is very close to the border anyway and they can build it later.
Old April 5th, 2012, 07:52 PM   #3849
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

Current Ormož bypass is made with expressway standards and is finished in such way that it can allow prolongation to Croatian border.

However current traffic numbers don't justify this extension yet. Currently two overpasses over railway from Ormož to Središče are to be constructed. Anything more is like "wait and see what happens" when Croatia joins EU and Schengen.
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2012, 11:47 PM   #3850
Verso
Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by keber View Post
Current Ormož bypass is made with expressway standards and is finished in such way that it can allow prolongation to Croatian border.
But only in direction Čakovec, not Varaždin.
Old April 6th, 2012, 06:48 PM   #3851
smokiboy

Do you think a motorway from Potok-Sisak-Karlovac, and later to Novo Mesto (SLO) would make sense?
This route, continuing via Rijeka would create a viable alternative to the ZG-LJ-Trieste route if coming from eastern Croatia.

(I know an outer ring motorway is planned for Zagreb, which I think is unnecessary, better to widen the existing one when need be).
Old April 6th, 2012, 07:46 PM   #3852
keber

Quote:
Do you think a motorway from Potok-Sisak-Karlovac, and later to Novo Mesto (SLO) would make sense?
4-lane expressway in Slovenia - Novo mesto-Metlika-Črnomelj-Vinica-Bosiljevo(HR) - is already in planning stages and with some luck it could see first construction already in next 5 years. Of course if current economy crisis diminishes soon.
Old April 6th, 2012, 08:11 PM   #3853
stickedy

Likes (Received): 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by keber View Post
4-lane expressway in Slovenia - Novo mesto-Metlika-Črnomelj-Vinica-Bosiljevo(HR) - is already in planning stages and with some luck it could see first construction already in next 5 years. Of course if current economy crisis diminishes soon.
Oh wow, that's great! I always drive from Novo Mesto over Črnomelj to Bosiljevo because it's much shorter than the motorway-detour over Karlovac... Do you have a link to the plans about this?
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2012, 08:35 PM   #3854
keber

Here, the latest variant:
http://www.dpa.mop.gov.si/doc/C6_Pov...RAZGRNJENO.pdf
(map on page 2)
Old April 6th, 2012, 09:08 PM   #3855
smokiboy

I did not know that Novo mesto-Metlika-Črnomelj-Vinica-Bosiljevo (HR) is planned.
So Croatia would only have to build about 5km. Will it conect directly to A1 in Croatia?
Old April 6th, 2012, 09:31 PM   #3856
keber

Depends on Croatia, as I know there are no plans currently. This is still longterm thing. Probably when Croatia joins EU and Schengen and traffic flows will get stronger, maybe then will be known more.
Old April 6th, 2012, 10:00 PM   #3857
Verso
Islander

And a full ring for Novo mesto.
Old April 10th, 2012, 10:22 AM   #3858
KHS

Likes (Received): 928

Ploče -> A1 expressway

Quote:
Originally Posted by passat1717 View Post
Evo mali update sa BC Luka Ploče - čvor Čeveljuša - Karamatići - A1.
Sa lijeve strane vidi se D8 te čvor Čeveljuša u prvom planu...

... pa lagana vožnja - tunel Međak

... izlaz iz tunela na sa sjeverne strane...

... i izlaz sa južne strane. Desno će se ići prema luci kad se završi cesta...

...nastavljamo vožnju...

... tunel Petrovac...

... dalje...

... približavamo se budućem čvoru Nikolac, tu cesta trenutno prelazi iz 2 u 2+2 trake...

... prelazak u 2+2 trake...

... famozno buduće odmorište Ploče...

Last edited by KHS; April 10th, 2012 at 12:27 PM.
KHS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2012, 10:23 AM   #3859
KHS

Likes (Received): 928

Ploče -> A1 expressway

Quote:
Originally Posted by passat1717 View Post
... nastavljamo dalje...

... tunel Zmijarević nakon kojeg završava dio ceste u funkciji...

... vijadukt prema tunelu u Puljanima...

...isti iz druge pozicije...

... ulaz u tunel odmah poslije vijadukta...

... s druge strane tunela...

... na kraju budući čvor Ploče...

Last edited by KHS; April 10th, 2012 at 12:27 PM.
KHS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2012, 12:46 PM   #3860
toonczyk
autostradożerca

Can't wait for it!

I have a question though - this region is seismically active, there is a risk of earthquakes (I once experienced a minor quake when I was in Imotski, so I assume it happens every now and then). How are motorways (especially bridges and tunnels) in Croatia protected against earthquakes?