daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old June 6th, 2012, 10:27 PM   #3941
Verso
Islander
 
Verso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ljubljana
Posts: 22,086
Likes (Received): 4749

Nikakvo.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 24th, 2012, 10:54 AM   #3942
Fugit
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Włocławek/Poznań, PL
Posts: 212
Likes (Received): 161

What new sections of Croatian highways will open at the end of June or until the end of 2012 ?
Fugit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2012, 12:36 PM   #3943
Puležan
Registered User
 
Puležan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Zagreb (Pula)
Posts: 3,005
Likes (Received): 971

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugit View Post
What new sections of Croatian highways will open at the end of June or until the end of 2012 ?
None Currently there are few sections u/c: A1 Vrgorac-Ploče, A5 bridge across Drava river, A7 eastern part of Rijeka bypass, A10 new border crossing HR/BIH, A11 (Buševec-Lekenik), but none of these are planned to be finished this year
Puležan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2012, 12:58 PM   #3944
Puležan
Registered User
 
Puležan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Zagreb (Pula)
Posts: 3,005
Likes (Received): 971

Traffic jams on border crossings in Istria

Because of the border checks and lack of motorway (expressway) from Umag exit (A9) towards the border crossing and further on into Slovenia (also in opposite direction, but not so big), there's an 5 km long row of cars. There's an alternative route to avoid it - use the exit #2 Buje and road D300 to Buje and then D200 to border crossing Plovanija/Sečovlje:
http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Iz...p=1&sz=15&z=13






Last edited by Puležan; June 24th, 2012 at 01:09 PM.
Puležan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2012, 01:09 PM   #3945
keber
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Slovenia
Posts: 9,878
Likes (Received): 1364

as usual every weekend. With a new motorway Istria became very apealling weekend vacation spot not only for Slovenians, but also for Austrians and Italians, living closer to Slovenia. Relaxing border controls from next year will make some of those traffic jams shorter. It is quite usual that there is almost no traffic, but because of border control you still wait for 30 minutes or more and therefore there is a 2 km long traffic jam even at midnight.
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2012, 01:35 PM   #3946
italystf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,447
Likes (Received): 2183

Quote:
Originally Posted by keber
as usual every weekend. With a new motorway Istria became very apealling weekend vacation spot not only for Slovenians, but also for Austrians and Italians, living closer to Slovenia. Relaxing border controls from next year will make some of those traffic jams shorter. It is quite usual that there is almost no traffic, but because of border control you still wait for 30 minutes or more and therefore there is a 2 km long traffic jam even at midnight.
When Croatia will join Schengen?
__________________
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2012, 03:29 PM   #3947
Christophorus
Registered User
 
Christophorus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 413
Likes (Received): 87

The problem is the totally inadequate road infrastructure on the slovenian side of the border, it seems the road hasnt changed since yugoslav times at all. But i guess this is clearly caused by political reasons.

Since Croatia has extremely long borders with non EU countries (especially BiH) i assume it will take a pretty long time since Croatia will be able to join the Schengen-zone.

Btw, are there any (serious) plans to solve the Neum problem? I read something of fenced corridors or ferryboats?
Christophorus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2012, 04:00 PM   #3948
hofburg
middle lane hogger
 
hofburg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Nova Gorica
Posts: 3,270
Likes (Received): 464

nothing political, slovenian motorway plan had different priorities. now we're working on the south.

did you see Croatia first started building its Montenegro and Bih motorway connections?
hofburg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2012, 04:23 PM   #3949
kreden
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ljubljana
Posts: 2,554
Likes (Received): 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christophorus View Post
The problem is the totally inadequate road infrastructure on the slovenian side of the border, it seems the road hasnt changed since yugoslav times at all. But i guess this is clearly caused by political reasons.

Since Croatia has extremely long borders with non EU countries (especially BiH) i assume it will take a pretty long time since Croatia will be able to join the Schengen-zone.
Lots of changes actually since 1991. New expressway around Koper, new expressway part built and part u/c towards Portorož which will be useful for cars going to Croatia until an expressway is built to Dragonja/Kaštel. Third lane added to Koper-Dragonja road, new Dragonja bypass.

But like hofburg says, our priority was fifth and tenth corridor before, which is very important for our economy, these roads are mostly for tourists.

And I hope Croatia will be in Schengen soon, by 2015.
kreden no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2012, 04:32 PM   #3950
kreden
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ljubljana
Posts: 2,554
Likes (Received): 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puležan View Post
Traffic jams on border crossings in Istria

Because of the border checks and lack of motorway (expressway) from Umag exit (A9) towards the border crossing and further on into Slovenia (also in opposite direction, but not so big), there's an 5 km long row of cars. There's an alternative route to avoid it - use the exit #2 Buje and road D300 to Buje and then D200 to border crossing Plovanija/Sečovlje:
http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Iz...p=1&sz=15&z=13
A good alternative is also via Buzet, to Sočerga border crossing, almost always empty:

http://goo.gl/maps/aX5M
kreden no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2012, 06:10 PM   #3951
italystf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,447
Likes (Received): 2183

Quote:
Originally Posted by hofburg
nothing political, slovenian motorway plan had different priorities. now we're working on the south.

did you see Croatia first started building its Montenegro and Bih motorway connections?
I think Slovenes are waiting Croatia joining Schengen before build cross border motorways, to avoid building custom facilities that would be dismantled after few years.
Notice that SLO-I and SLO-H connections opened both in 2008 and they're much better than the Fernetti crossing with that 360 turn towards Italy.
__________________
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2012, 09:05 PM   #3952
Puležan
Registered User
 
Puležan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Zagreb (Pula)
Posts: 3,005
Likes (Received): 971

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
I think Slovenes are waiting Croatia joining Schengen before build cross border motorways, to avoid building custom facilities that would be dismantled after few years.
Notice that SLO-I and SLO-H connections opened both in 2008 and they're much better than the Fernetti crossing with that 360 turn towards Italy.
As hofburg said, Croatia also have firstly built our connections to the west Europe and EU (A9, A7, A3, A2, A4), and just after completion of that motorways we started with connections to BIH (A5, A10), but there's another reason not to build motorways towards BIH in the last decade - there weren't any motorways going to Croatia. On the other hand, when we enter EU, Slovenia will be between 4 EU members and on important road corridors, so completion of their network towards HR must be priority, as traffic will increase, especially in the border areas. Maybe they really are waiting us to enter Schengen, but it could be long between our entering into EU and entering into Schengen.

At least some of their motorways/expressways are needed to be finished soon (A4 because of its transit importance, H5 because of many tourists during the summer). On the other hand, some other routes aren't so needed yet, such as Divača/Postojna-Rijeka because our A7 isn't finished yet either, but it will soon get more traffic after expansion of Rijeka's port.
Puležan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2012, 10:34 PM   #3953
Verso
Islander
 
Verso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ljubljana
Posts: 22,086
Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christophorus View Post
The problem is the totally inadequate road infrastructure on the slovenian side of the border
When it comes to traffic jams, the only real problem is the outer Schengen border. As keber said, before you reach the traffic jam, traffic is quite light, not heavy.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2012, 12:10 PM   #3954
Christophorus
Registered User
 
Christophorus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 413
Likes (Received): 87

When i passed there recently the problem definetly was not caused by border checks but by simply too much traffic on the slovenian road 11, in both directions. Entering Koper took about an hour coming from Dragonja.

But as mentioned there are alternatives, if i ever drive there again i surely will use one of them.
Christophorus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2012, 05:01 PM   #3955
Verso
Islander
 
Verso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ljubljana
Posts: 22,086
Likes (Received): 4749

Hmm, you're right, I was thinking of Croatia only. There's indeed more traffic in Slovenia, especially on H5.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2012, 02:52 AM   #3956
stickedy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Kronach
Posts: 762
Likes (Received): 121

Can anyone say what's the current state of D425, A1 to Ploce interchange, A1 to Metkovic interchange and A10 is? When will this section be finished?

And another question: Are there already some plans crossing Neum corridor?

Thanks!!
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2012, 11:32 AM   #3957
sallae2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,363
Likes (Received): 1570

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickedy View Post

And another question: Are there already some plans crossing Neum corridor?
on that subject ...

there is a plan for a fast ferry Komarna - Brijesta
with 4 load/unload lanes
traveling time, 7 minutes

Quote:
By the end of the year, two large ferries, with a capacity of 150 vehicles and 2,000 passengers, should start being built in Croatian shipyards. The ‘blue bypass’ should become operational in May 2013.

After the initial two ferries, additional two are foreseen to be built in the long run, bringing the total value of the project to some €30 million and in the low season, they would operate on other lines, as well.
http://www.neurope.eu/article/blue-b...lution-croatia
sallae2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2012, 03:37 PM   #3958
keber
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Slovenia
Posts: 9,878
Likes (Received): 1364

Hmm, ferry with an average speed of almost 50 km/h?
And then? Existing local road from Brijesta to main Pelješac road is not made for such traffic, not to mention lack of any kind of port infrastructure on both sides.

PS.
What is this thing?
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2012, 04:20 PM   #3959
Rojsman
Registered User
 
Rojsman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,560
Likes (Received): 2094

Quote:
Originally Posted by keber View Post
PS.
What is this thing?

Military ship shelter Brijesta (Potkop Brijesta)
Rojsman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2012, 09:00 PM   #3960
Puležan
Registered User
 
Puležan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Zagreb (Pula)
Posts: 3,005
Likes (Received): 971

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickedy View Post
Can anyone say what's the current state of D425, A1 to Ploce interchange, A1 to Metkovic interchange and A10 is? When will this section be finished?

And another question: Are there already some plans crossing Neum corridor?

Thanks!!
You can see fresh satellite imagery of D425 and A1 in that area here:

http://preglednik.arkod.hr/ARKOD-Web...S_490,LPIS_900


Currently, you can drive on D425 from Ploče until this point: http://preglednik.arkod.hr/ARKOD-Web...S_490,LPIS_900

After that, you go on D513 and D62 to Vrgorac and take A1 at Vrgorac exit
http://wikimapia.org/#lat=43.0913468...1&z=12&l=0&m=o
(opened section of D425 is drawn, while the part U/C is dotted)
Puležan no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium