daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 25th, 2012, 03:41 PM   #4101
oakwood....

Likes (Received): 5004

Great photos, btw highway is impressive.
Thnx

Sponsored Links
Old November 25th, 2012, 03:42 PM   #4102
toonczyk
autostradożerca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puležan View Post
Here are some fresh photos from the Ploče expressway (northern part, from A1 to the existing section):
Impressive bridges, but the site looks abandoned. Are they still aiming for 06/2013 opening?
Old November 25th, 2012, 04:15 PM   #4103
Puležan

Likes (Received): 971

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonczyk View Post
Impressive bridges, but the site looks abandoned. Are they still aiming for 06/2013 opening?
No one is talking about the deadlines because there were to many changes, route corrections and talks about putting the motorways under concession. I think the latest minister's statements were about late 2013 or 2014
Old November 25th, 2012, 04:32 PM   #4104
toonczyk
autostradożerca

I guess this isn't a priority, nor should it be since traffic volume isn't very high apart from a few weekends in summer. Last time I drove there (early September), traffic on A1 south of Split was almost nonexistent, especially past Šestanovac.
Old November 25th, 2012, 05:02 PM   #4105
Puležan

Quote:
I guess this isn't a priority, nor should it be since traffic volume isn't very high apart from a few weekends in summer. Last time I drove there (early September), traffic on A1 south of Split was almost nonexistent, especially past Šestanovac.
Traffic volume isn't high, but this last section is crucial for connecting motorway A1 to D8 (Adriatic highway) so people can go further south towards Dubrovnik. In today's situation, A1 ends in Vrgorac and there's no good road to the coast. So the most important thing is to finish A1 until Ploče interchange and the last section of Ploče expressway. That should be good for another 10 years, when some kind of motorway or expressway will be built to Dubrovnik.

If you look to all motorway projects in Croatia, A1 is the most important. A11 (the first section) is important too, while A5 is a fail. A8 is financed by private money, so there shouldn't be problems.
Old November 25th, 2012, 08:25 PM   #4106
darko06

Likes (Received): 149

I was asking about A10 because it's a connector road to the HR/B&H border, which will became an outer EU border after July 1st, 2013.
EU insists on building these border crossings, because after the accession of HR into the EU these border crossings (A10 Bijače; A5 Sava bridge; D8 Klek and D8 Zaton Doli) will be the only outer EU border crossings between EU and B&H with full fitosanitarian facilities, as I have been informed.
Thx for pics, Puležan.

Last edited by darko06; November 25th, 2012 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Grammatical
darko06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2012, 09:02 PM   #4107
Puležan

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko06 View Post
I was asked about A10 because it's a connector road to the HR/B&H border, which will became an outer EU border after July 1st, 2013.
EU insists on building these border crossings, because after the accession of HR into the EU these border crossings (A10 Bijače; A5 Sava bridge; D8 Klek and D8 Zaton Doli) will be the only outer EU border crossings between EU and B&H with full fitosanitarian facilities, as I have been informed.
Thx for pics, Puležan.
Not quite correct. There will be 4 "BIP" (border inspection posts) border crossings with fitosanitar and veterinarian facilities:
- Bajakovo (A3) towards SRB
- Stara Gradiška (E661) towards BIH
- Metković 2 (A10) towards BIH (*Bijača is on the BIH side)
- Karasovići (D8) towards MNE

http://doznajemo.com/2012/03/01/hrva...rda-schengena/
Old November 25th, 2012, 11:52 PM   #4108
darko06

Thx
Old November 26th, 2012, 04:19 PM   #4109
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

Likes (Received): 159

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko06 View Post
I was asking about A10 because it's a connector road to the HR/B&H border, which will became an outer EU border after July 1st, 2013.
Thx for pics, Puležan.
And Gradiska / Stara Gradiska.
Bad_Hafen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2012, 05:47 PM   #4110
Puležan

A11 - Lekenik exit

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoby87 View Post
Čvor Lekenik je praktično dovršen, samo horizontalnu signalizaciju treba još povući. Piše ravno Petrinja i Sisak, iako kad će to biti, mogli su uštedjeti na tabli.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Pogled s nadvožnjaka Lekenik - Poljane Lekeničke na drugu stranu, prema Buševcu i Zagrebu

Sam nadvožnjak. Geor će zamijetiti visoku razinu zaštitnih ograda na svim slikama

Činjenica je da nije cijela trasa praktično gotova, ali ipak dobar dio je u ovakvom stanju pa zbilja ne vidim zašto to ne bi bilo otvoreno pred sljedeće izbore Prava sreća da su lokalni u svibnju 2013. HDZ bi to sigurno isforsirao, za ove ćemo vidjeti

p.s. jel mi dobro ispala sjena na zadnjoj slici?
Old November 26th, 2012, 10:17 PM   #4111
darko06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Hafen View Post
And Gradiska / Stara Gradiska.
OK, in this case it seems logical to build an expw from Okucani exit to the B&H border, together with new bridge across Sava river, to connect motorway E661 with Croatian/European motorway network. It is also logical for the Republika Srpska to build motorway from Banja Luka to Doboj.
Old December 11th, 2012, 09:24 PM   #4112
Pascal20a

Likes (Received): 19

when the A1 will be opened??
Pascal20a no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2012, 05:48 PM   #4113
stickedy

Likes (Received): 121

To Dubrovnik?

To be serious the opening for the short stretch from Vrgorec Exit to Ploce Interchange (I guess this is what's in your interest?) is currently set to June 2013.

However that date slipped already several years, so nothing is for sure... But it makes sense to finish it before the summer season begins. So June sounds good. If it's realistic?
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2012, 05:58 PM   #4114
toonczyk
autostradożerca

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickedy View Post
To be serious the opening for the short stretch from Vrgorec Exit to Ploce Interchange (I guess this is what's in your interest?) is currently set to June 2013.

However that date slipped already several years, so nothing is for sure... But it makes sense to finish it before the summer season begins. So June sounds good. If it's realistic?
Judging by photos posted on the previous page, it looks realistic, as long as the tunnels are close to completion (and they seem to be).

How does winter affect construction in Croatia, for example on A1? Do all works halt for winter season? I've seen there has been some heavy snowfall in Zagreb, I assume the conditions aren't suitable for roadworks in the mountains either...
Old December 12th, 2012, 06:40 PM   #4115
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
Judging by photos posted on the previous page, it looks realistic, as long as the tunnels are close to completion (and they seem to be).

How does winter affect construction in Croatia, for example on A1? Do all works halt for winter season? I've seen there has been some heavy snowfall in Zagreb, I assume the conditions aren't suitable for roadworks in the mountains either...
weather is the smallest problem in road construction nowadays. actually, comparing bad weather with lack of money it doesn't seem to be a problem at all
Old December 25th, 2012, 12:13 AM   #4116
Pascal20a

when is the A1 opened?? Does the A1 built by dubrovnik cause we can see it on the road map?? Does anybody have new photos of the peljesac bridge??
Old December 25th, 2012, 02:11 PM   #4117
italystf

Likes (Received): 2185

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal20a
when is the A1 opened?? Does the A1 built by dubrovnik cause we can see it on the road map?? Does anybody have new photos of the peljesac bridge??
A1 south of Ploce won't open anytime soon. Works on Peljesac bridge had been stopped indefinitively.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2012, 04:26 PM   #4118
Pascal20a

Why the A1 in the south of Ploce won't opened soon???
Old December 29th, 2012, 04:29 PM   #4119
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal20a View Post
Why the A1 in the south of Ploce won't opened soon???
lack of €
Old December 29th, 2012, 04:39 PM   #4120
Pascal20a

But in July 2013 Croatia will become a EU member, then i will be give a lot of Money.