daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 29th, 2012, 05:31 PM   #4121
JackFrost
Hun Solo

Likes (Received): 11806

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal20a View Post
But in July 2013 Croatia will become a EU member, then i will be give a lot of Money.
please give some of your money also to us hungarians
JackFrost está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 29th, 2012, 06:31 PM   #4122
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19354

Today it's exactly 40 years ago the first motorway in Croatia opened to traffic. It was A1 from Zagreb to Karlovac (39 km).
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2012, 07:27 PM   #4123
darko06

Likes (Received): 148

Interesting, Zagreb-Karlovac was opened a few weeks after Vrhnika-Postojna. So, the first Yugoslav motorway was actually opened in Slovenia.

What about the Orehovica-Kikovica section?

About Zg-Ka: exit Jastrebarsko was opened in a year or two after, so there were roughly 40 kms without additional exit in first year of service. Also on opening day there were no gas stations, no rest areas, no nothing (first gas station was Draganići-sjever/north gas station, built by Slovenian company Petrol in late ninetees or shortly after the turn of the century, I suppose?). Rest areas (without gas station in area) don't exist on this same part of A1 even today...

Last edited by darko06; December 29th, 2012 at 11:57 PM. Reason: grammatical improvement
darko06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2012, 07:42 PM   #4124
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19354

Most sources say that both Slovenian and Croatian A1 actually opened on the same day.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2012, 07:52 PM   #4125
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

No, the Croatian A1 opened one day later, on 30.12.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2012, 10:54 PM   #4126
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3436

it was scheduled to be opened at the same day, but there was some delay. i forgot the story why.
Old December 29th, 2012, 11:11 PM   #4127
Pascal20a

Likes (Received): 19

when will the section from osijek to hungarian border be built???
Pascal20a no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2012, 12:18 AM   #4128
threo2k

Likes (Received): 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal20a View Post
when will the section from osijek to hungarian border be built???
or to the other side to BIH. When will it be finished ?
threo2k no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2012, 02:57 AM   #4129
Mali
קוסובו היא סרביה

Likes (Received): 71

It was a great experience driving thru Croatia this summer, both highways and back roads are every drivers dream. Perfect road infrastructure.

République du Mali

Republic of Mali
Un peuple, un but, une foi.
Mali no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2012, 06:54 PM   #4130
tonylondon

Likes (Received): 31

thats very true..
tonylondon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2013, 12:23 PM   #4131
Puležan

Likes (Received): 971

Rijeka bypass u/c (A7), eastern section (Bakar-Križišće)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris_ri View Post
jedan brzi foto izvještaj sa Križišća

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Old January 5th, 2013, 02:07 PM   #4132
Puležan

A5 - Drava bridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semper Fidelis View Post
Ove valjda nisu bile. Neke jesenske.

Photos by zdenko.brkanic. Panoramio
Old January 5th, 2013, 03:19 PM   #4133
YLLIRICON

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puležan View Post
A5 - Drava bridge
Sorry are those image on the A1 towards Dubrovnik ?
YLLIRICON no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2013, 03:53 PM   #4134
x-type
con los terroristas

Quote:
Originally Posted by YLLIRICON View Post
Sorry are those image on the A1 towards Dubrovnik ?
this is A5 as Puležan has indicated. precisely, it is here.
Old January 5th, 2013, 04:18 PM   #4135
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2079

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
When will the A5 be completed from Hungarian to the Bosnian border? Is the whole northern section already under construction?
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2013, 05:26 PM   #4136
YLLIRICON

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post

Ahh lol sorry didn't see the A5 notation earlier my bad, thx for the info,

I there any progress on the A1 past Ploče towards Dubrovnik?
YLLIRICON no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2013, 05:33 PM   #4137
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2079

Quote:
Originally Posted by YLLIRICON View Post
I there any progress on the A1 past Ploče towards Dubrovnik?
Yes, the section from Ploce to Metkovic and the A10 to the Bosnian border is u/c. This section will be opened in December 2013.
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2013, 06:55 AM   #4138
Kese

The Drava bridge shots look like they were taken quite a few months ago. The job seems pretty advanced. So is it on schedule? I mean when is it scheduled to open? Along with the last leg up to the border. My suggestion is to build a provisional border cross and use it as a simple rest area after you guys enter Shengen.

In Hungary a lot of people are bitching about how low the adt on M6 is, sayin it should not have been built in the first place. (I guess they think that no freeway should be built which is farther than 100 kms from Budapest.) To some extent traffic volumes support this idea. Afaik adt is around 4000 on Croatian A5, which is even lower than on the south section of Hung. M6. So how do you guys view it? Don't take me wrong: I think M6-A5-Bosnian continuation should be built asap, and the longer this corridor becomes the more traffic it will attract. Happy New Year.
Kese no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2013, 11:25 AM   #4139
Puležan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kese View Post
The Drava bridge shots look like they were taken quite a few months ago. The job seems pretty advanced. So is it on schedule? I mean when is it scheduled to open? Along with the last leg up to the border. My suggestion is to build a provisional border cross and use it as a simple rest area after you guys enter Shengen.

In Hungary a lot of people are bitching about how low the adt on M6 is, sayin it should not have been built in the first place. (I guess they think that no freeway should be built which is farther than 100 kms from Budapest.) To some extent traffic volumes support this idea. Afaik adt is around 4000 on Croatian A5, which is even lower than on the south section of Hung. M6. So how do you guys view it? Don't take me wrong: I think M6-A5-Bosnian continuation should be built asap, and the longer this corridor becomes the more traffic it will attract. Happy New Year.
The main problem with the corridor Vc is lack of international traffic. On both hungarian M6 and croatian A5 most of the traffic is of national/local character (Budapest-Pecs and Osijek-A3). On our A5 traffic volumes are even lower than you wrote - it's between 1500 and 3000, depending on the section. There are many reasons for such low traffic volume:
- eastern Slavonija and Baranja are relatively poor regions, without tourism and industry in greater extent which would generate the traffic
- existing of border formalities which still repulse people from crossing the border frequently
- there's very good alternative in national road D7, parallel to A5, non-tolled, which is straight with gentle curves, speed limit 90, bypassing almost all towns/villages, even with new bridge on Osijek western bypass, so it keeps much traffic which would usually switch to motorway in other regions (especially in mountainous regions where old roads are very curvy and/or bad)

So in this circumstances, there won't be any progress in traffic volumes until we enter EU, and I think it will increase especially after we enter the Schengen. On the other hand, there is quite high traffic between HR and BIH (Zagreb-Sarajevo), but it's dispersed between several border crossings: Slavonski Brod, Slavonski Šamac. After constructing the Sava bridge (on A5 motorway) at Svilaj, all traffic will be merged into that point.

Last edited by Puležan; January 6th, 2013 at 02:32 PM. Reason: I wrote corridor Vb instead of Vc
Puležan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2013, 12:00 PM   #4140
x-type
con los terroristas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kese View Post

we do it about our A5, too (except people from Osijek). it was built only for one reason: to connect croatian 4th largest city on motorway network. nothing else. and it was completely missed investition, as shown after opening it. here is a link on webcams from that motorway. if you see more than 1-2 cars at once, you should feel as winning the lottery.

what has happened after opening A5 to Osijek? traffic to Zagreb continues using toll-free state roads D2/D43/D28 Osijek - Našice - Virovitica - Bjelovar - Zagreb. local traffic to Đakovo continues using D7, both because it is toll-free, and the exits from A5 to Osijek and Đakovo are placed disasterously. it would be indeed insane to pay for A5 on that relation since D7 goes through only 3 villages on its route.

why is the bridge being built? who knows. few years ago Osijek has got western bypass already with new bridge over Drava. they have been talking that that bridge will be doubled one day and motorway would be traced on it. that would be great move because in that case motorway would pass near city centre.
with new motorway route that is being buit we have got:
-exit Osijek which people from Osijek don't use because it is too far from the city
-expensive bridge that nobody needs
-empty motorway

my thinking: for the price of the bridge they could have easily build the motorway up to Našice. with the money of existing emty A5 they could build the motorway Našice - Suhopolje, motorway Zagreb - Virovitica is under construction or planned, and remains only small link that shouldn't be expensive.
with that solution we would connect Osijek with Zagreb, and would get the motorway used for both local and transit traffic.