daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 9th, 2013, 04:10 PM   #4721
darko06

Likes (Received): 148

Quote:
Originally Posted by matija View Post
The economic situation in Croatia and Poland are not comparable. ...
Without huge money from EU funds Poland economy would be stagnant too.
darko06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 9th, 2013, 04:11 PM   #4722
darko06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
Obviously you don't.

And lose competition with Trieste? Temporary "solution" is to not build anything at all, but Slovenian railways isn't the topic of this thread.
Ohh, I forgot that you too have built at least 1/3 of your motorway network with EU funds ...
Old July 9th, 2013, 04:14 PM   #4723
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19366

Not really, net EU funding accounts for approximately 1% of the Polish GDP. GDP growth in Poland was generally 3 - 4% in recent years.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2013, 04:20 PM   #4724
darko06

However European money went into Poland through different ways. For example, most German and other European firms opened factories in Poland after 2004.
Old July 9th, 2013, 04:23 PM   #4725
darko06

Does Croatia need to give all the works on future Pelješac bridge to e.g. Greek or Polish or German construction firms to ensure that this important link will be built in near (not near, let's say foreseeable) future?
Old July 9th, 2013, 04:56 PM   #4726
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko06 View Post
Ohh, I forgot that you too have built at least 1/3 of your motorway network with EU funds ...
Much less actually, it's been explained to you already. What's your point anyway?

tom666 liked this post
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2013, 05:25 PM   #4727
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 411

Quote:
Originally Posted by bewu1 View Post
There is no need to build a bridge to Peljesac peniscule at cost of appr. 250 mln Euro. Croatia (with help from EU who is funds provider) shall agree with BiH to build asap a motorway near Neum, in direction to Dubrovnik, and further south.
The most sensible thing that can happen now is for the EU to put heavy pressure on BiH to agree to it - technological solutions should be in place to monitor the road in Bosnia (video cameras/automated numberplate recognition/random checks) with a parallel side road for those that want to enter Neum.

Schengen law supposedly requires border controls to be conducted on Schengen territory, so the most sensible solution is to create two border crossing facilities on either side of the Neum corridor - no stop required for Croatian transit traffic, but with a wide range of technological solutions to ensure that traffic doesn't stop on the motorway. There can then be a parallel link road to/from Neum which goes straight to the border crossings, meaning that everyone gains from the existence of the motorway. The border crossing facilities could also be used to conduct spot checks on transit traffic at will.

The current situation is just madness - the bridge is senseless (what's the point in building an expressway there?) and only eats money that could be used to try and get the motorway down to Dubrovnik sooner rather than later.

Still, for me, the craziest thing about Croatia is the tolling situation on the A2. I've never encountered a situation where you can save money by exiting and re-entering the motorway at a time cost of less than 60 seconds... The A3 (I think?) to Bregana is also nonsense with the toll barrier straight after the border crossing!

P.C.Dolabella, toonczyk liked this post

Last edited by Eulanthe; July 9th, 2013 at 06:12 PM. Reason: x-type ;)
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2013, 05:56 PM   #4728
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulanthe View Post

Still, for me, the craziest thing about Slovenia is the tolling situation on the A2. I've never encountered a situation where you can save money by exiting and re-entering the motorway at a time cost of less than 60 seconds... The A3 (I think?) to Bregana is also nonsense with the toll barrier straight after the border crossing!
Croatia
Old July 9th, 2013, 05:57 PM   #4729
Eulanthe

Update on the border crossings with Slovenia :

http://www.policija.si/eng/index.php...on-1-july-2013

In short : exit controls will be maintained, although in practice, there may be two stops rather than one stop depending on the local infrastructure.

What's interesting is that there is only a vague commitment to introduce joint controls on some border crossings - such as at Rogatec/Hum na Sutli. I can't find any explanation as to why some haven't been included as joint crossings - there certainly seems to be no reason why Rogaetc/Hum na Sutli can't be joined.

The final cruical piece of news : local border crossings are now available to all EU, EEA and CH passport holders. In addition, these crossings are now subject to some strange restrictions - namely that you can only use the border crossing to enter the other state for up to 7 days and that you must exit through the same border crossing.

It seems strange that these crossings haven't been opened up properly for EU/EEA/CH citizens. Furthermore, it's odd that Slovenia/Croatia haven't come to an agreement to open up some border crossings for touristic purposes. There are still quite a few places (such as near Slovenska Vas/Bregana) where pedestrian traffic could be allowed to cross the border during daylight - I wonder why Slovenia hasn't been more proactive in this case?
Old July 9th, 2013, 06:09 PM   #4730
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18298

And what if you enter on such a border crossing and travel 500km. It's stupid to have to cross back on the same, maybe you just want to use another border crossing to get somewhere else.

From what I read here, seems that HR-SLO relations are not the best...
For example RO-HU border crossing check is afaik always done in the country you cross to and is mixed.
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2013, 06:55 PM   #4731
Eulanthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinxxx View Post
And what if you enter on such a border crossing and travel 500km. It's stupid to have to cross back on the same, maybe you just want to use another border crossing to get somewhere else.
I think it's because the "local border agreement" that these crossings come under doesn't envisage the possibility of such travel - they're intended to be used for short local journeys. I'm struggling to see why these can't be opened up for EU/EEA/CH citizens and turned into intrastate crossings - but perhaps it's because they were opened up under an international agreement that would require changing first.

It's also possible that these border crossings aren't equipped to Schengen standards, hence they can only be used for local travel. However, bearing in mind that these were closed to all but locals (living in that border area) until a few days ago, it's a huge improvement.

As far as EU/EEA/CH citizens go, it's not a big deal anyway - there are plenty of intrastate border crossings open to them anyway. Still, it's confusing why these intrastate crossings didn't become international crossings...

Quote:
From what I read here, seems that HR-SLO relations are not the best... For example RO-HU border crossing check is afaik always done in the country you cross to and is mixed.
I think it's just a matter of how the SLO crossings are equipped - from everything I've read, the joint controls are on Slovenian territory because their facilities are simply better - bigger parking areas, more lanes, etc etc.

The crossing that comes to mind is the Razvor/Bistrica ob Sotli, crossing - the SLO side is modernised and well equipped, whereas the HR side seems to be lacking in comparison. Also, I think one feature of some Slovenian crossings is that the lanes can be varied (with the LED signs and booths that can be opened either side) whereas Croatian crossings tend to be unidirectional.

I'm only going by the HU crossings that I've seen, but none of them were upgraded in the sense of physical infrastructure on the RO border. Perhaps that's why the SLO/HR border controls are moving to the 'one stop' on the SLO side whereas others went for the control on entry to the territory?
Old July 9th, 2013, 07:03 PM   #4732
javimix19

Likes (Received): 1328

Hi, I have two questions :

- How many km of motorways are under construction now in Croatia? I suppose that economical crisis is affecting the construction of infraestructures.

- This is more a political question: how is the relation between Slovenian and Croatian governments, considering that a few years ago I read in Wikipedia that Croatia accused Slovenia to not built their nort-south connections of motorways. Is this matter resolved?
javimix19 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2013, 07:09 PM   #4733
italystf

Likes (Received): 2183

Quote:
Originally Posted by javimix19 View Post

- How many km of motorways are under construction now in Croatia? I suppose that economical crisis is affecting the construction of infraestructures.

- This is more a political question: how is the relation between Slovenian and Croatian governments, considering that a few years ago I read in Wikipedia that Croatia accused Slovenia to not built their nort-south connections of motorways. Is this matter resolved?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highwa...r_construction
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2013, 08:34 PM   #4734
bewu1

Likes (Received): 2056

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko06 View Post
These are sad, if understandable words, from country which recently build at least 1/3 of their motorway network with money from EU funds, isn't it?
Poland build significant part of its motorway network with help of EU funds because majority of money allocated for motorway construction was sensibly spent. If Croatia (a beautiful country with still big infrastructure needs) spends big part of EU money allocated for motorways construction into Peljesac bridge' project, then the biggest loser will be Croatia itself.

tomkin liked this post
bewu1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2013, 09:41 PM   #4735
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulanthe View Post
The final cruical piece of news : local border crossings are now available to all EU, EEA and CH passport holders. In addition, these crossings are now subject to some strange restrictions - namely that you can only use the border crossing to enter the other state for up to 7 days and that you must exit through the same border crossing.
I don't know why they still mention the old regime with border pass and then at the end add that you don't need it any more. It looks confusing. I get it that you still need a border pass, but that you can now get it at the border? And you can only stay in the local area, so you can't go to Ljubljana or Split.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinxxx View Post
From what I read here, seems that HR-SLO relations are not the best...
For example RO-HU border crossing check is afaik always done in the country you cross to and is mixed.
How many international road border crossings are there between Romania and Hungary? I have a map of Hungary from 1994 and there were just 4 intl. road BCs on the entire RO-H border. At the same time there were already 20 intl. road BCs between Croatia and Slovenia, so the border has been quite open even after independence.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2013, 10:09 PM   #4736
zezi
is out there

Likes (Received): 2450

Quote:
Originally Posted by javimix19 View Post

-A1 Vrgorac - Ploče - Metković 16 km U/C , will be finished by end of the year
-A10 Metković- Kula Norinska 3,6 km U/C, will be finished by end of the year
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=43...om=12&layers=M

-A5 only bridge over river Drava near Osijek, finish unknown
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=45...om=13&layers=M

A11- Zagreb Velika Gorica, 10 km, finish unknown
A11- Buševec-Lekenik, 10 km, will be finished 10/2013
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=45...om=13&layers=M

Total about 40 km

Croatia and Slovenia have lot of issues, but i think relations are fine

MichiH, javimix19, MHN liked this post
zezi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2013, 10:46 PM   #4737
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18298

I didn't mean big issues, it was just a feeling I got reading some posts. Of course you know better then me .

Regarding your question, Verso, I found this page
http://ro.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frontie...C8%99i_Ungaria

So the border between RO and HU is 448 km long, of which 415,9 km land and 32,1 km water. There are 15 border crossings, 10 for cars, 5 for railway.

cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2013, 11:14 AM   #4738
KHS

Likes (Received): 928

Sveti Ilija (Biokovo) tunnel - 4 249 m

KHS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2013, 11:56 AM   #4739
hofburg
middle lane hogger

Likes (Received): 464

how is the junction with D8? is it grade separated?
hofburg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2013, 12:15 PM   #4740
KHS

Likes (Received): 928

Quote:
Originally Posted by hofburg View Post
how is the junction with D8? is it grade separated?
Looks like it is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoltan gera View Post
Spojna cesta prema moru

KHS no está en línea   Reply With Quote