daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 17th, 2013, 10:18 AM   #4801
zezi
is out there

Likes (Received): 2450

Temporary
Up to November all 4 lanes will be put in use.
Up to next summer interchage will be reconstructed, but so far we dont have info in what way.
zezi no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 17th, 2013, 10:19 AM   #4802
darko06

Likes (Received): 148

In television news RTL "Vijesti" yesterday evening it has been said that the Smrika "interchange" will be improved till Summer 2014, without details about the solution itself.

Which solution would be better: cloverleaf or roundabout?
darko06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2013, 07:43 PM   #4803
Puležan

Likes (Received): 971

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko06 View Post
In television news RTL "Vijesti" yesterday evening it has been said that the Smrika "interchange" will be improved till Summer 2014, without details about the solution itself.

Which solution would be better: cloverleaf or roundabout?
A cloverleaf would definitely be the better solution, because it would allow traffic in both main routes (A7<->D102, D8 Rijeka<->Crikvenica) flow without stopping. Also, no big construction works are needed, because the existing overpass can accomodate 3 lanes (+2 on/off ramps on each side of the pillars) under itself, so the only construction works needed would be building of the "leaves" (on- and off-ramps for 90° and 270° turns)

darko06 liked this post
Puležan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2013, 08:10 PM   #4804
Alex_ZR

Likes (Received): 3990

New toll station "Zagreb East" opened on July 5:

KHS, darko06 liked this post
Alex_ZR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2013, 12:18 AM   #4805
zvonko

Likes (Received): 1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puležan View Post
A cloverleaf would definitely be the better solution, because it would allow traffic in both main routes (A7<->D102, D8 Rijeka<->Crikvenica) flow without stopping. Also, no big construction works are needed, because the existing overpass can accomodate 3 lanes (+2 on/off ramps on each side of the pillars) under itself, so the only construction works needed would be building of the "leaves" (on- and off-ramps for 90° and 270° turns)
Too much work. Smrika is a temporary connection to A7. Yellow is the plan for the future.

MichiH liked this post
zvonko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2013, 11:37 AM   #4806
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2079

Is there any information about the future interchange design, will it be possible to drive from the future A7 to Krk grade-separated?
Is there any time schedule regarding the future A7 Rijeka bypass and the future 2nd Krk Bridge?
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2013, 05:34 PM   #4807
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3436

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
Is there any information about the future interchange design, will it be possible to drive from the future A7 to Krk grade-separated?
Is there any time schedule regarding the future A7 Rijeka bypass and the future 2nd Krk Bridge?
partially. namely, D523-D8 intersection is already partialy grade separated. i say partialy because both D8 and D523 (Google Maps are wrong, it's not D501) have priority because they intersect in 2 levels with branches, but there are left turns at D523 at that intersection. take a look..
there are also 3 other intersections in the same level (2 of which just before the bridge toll barrier) and i think there is no reason for closing them or to make them im 2 levels.

2nd bridge to Krk? when there are some other islands with no bridges at all? wet dreams of some people from that area...

MichiH liked this post
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2013, 06:07 PM   #4808
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2079

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
partially. namely, D523-D8 intersection is already partialy grade separated.
Thanks, but I meant the future A7, not the new A7 - the green dotted one, not the blue one: > click < . More precisely the connection b/n the green and the blue A7.
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2013, 06:23 PM   #4809
x-type
con los terroristas

Quote:
Thanks, but I meant the future A7, not the new A7 - the green dotted one, not the blue one: > click < . More precisely the connection b/n the green and the blue A7.
that one can be temporarly called A7. real A7 has nothing with island of Krk. i guess somebody from Rijeka has drawn that map
Old July 20th, 2013, 07:33 PM   #4810
zezi
is out there

Quote:
There is no time schedule for future A7, or for new Krk bridge. Interconection will be build, but now on this road there is no any exit for that connection.
The idea is to build new port on Krk island, and then new bridge with 4 lanes and with rail will be build. But this distant distant future.

MichiH liked this post
Old July 20th, 2013, 08:26 PM   #4811
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
I guess somebody from Rijeka has drawn that map
There are too much planned road projects on openstreetmap.org in Croatia. Some projects have even different variants and many are not planned to be constructed any time soon.

MichiH liked this post
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2013, 09:06 PM   #4812
x-type
con los terroristas

Quote:
Originally Posted by keber View Post
There are too much planned road projects on openstreetmap.org in Croatia. Some projects have even different variants and many are not planned to be constructed any time soon.
i don't see anything unreal there, except few these things around Rijeka
they are also planned, but in far future.
i thought there would be roads like wide Zagreb bypass, northern tangent, motorway Virovitica - Osijek - Vukovar - Ilok etc.
Old July 20th, 2013, 09:46 PM   #4813
keber

Planned roads south of Split up to MN border are also pretty abundant.
Old July 20th, 2013, 10:55 PM   #4814
x-type
con los terroristas

Quote:
Originally Posted by keber View Post
Planned roads south of Split up to MN border are also pretty abundant.
well not really
those things around Omiš are u/c (but slow because of €), the only unreal thing is tunnel Drvenik.
Old July 21st, 2013, 01:14 PM   #4815
Groundhog_SI

Likes (Received): 2

I didn't read all the posts (if it was already answered) - after completion of the A7 to Žuta Lokva, will there be a new exit to Senj (from one or both directions), or will it stay the same? When is this part supposed to be finished?
Groundhog_SI no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2013, 03:50 PM   #4816
zezi
is out there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog_SI View Post
I didn't read all the posts (if it was already answered) - after completion of the A7 to Žuta Lokva, will there be a new exit to Senj (from one or both directions), or will it stay the same? When is this part supposed to be finished?
That part is not u/c and there is no time schedule. Maybe in ten or twenty or thirty years. And there will be an exit for Senj
Old July 22nd, 2013, 04:18 PM   #4817
diegobonazzi

Likes (Received): 1

shortcut?...

How it'll be clever to cut my route to Dubrovnik now that the Rijeka bypass reached Križišče?
I mean: instead of travelling on the A3 until Bosiljeva and there take the A1, if I continue the Rijeka bypass and then continuing on the cost until Senj and take the A1 at Žuta Lokva?
I know that it is approximatelly 50 km less but how fast can I travel on the costal road? Total travel time will be more or less the same?
diegobonazzi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2013, 04:31 PM   #4818
keber

Travel time won't be less even outside tourist season. Coastal road to Senj can be busy at all times, especially on summer weekends, not only because of coastal touristic towns but it is also main road to islands of Rab and Pag. Also ascent to Žuta Lokva is curvy with slow vehicles, even trailer trucks.

For sure I would not choose that on summer weekends, better stick with A6 to Bosiljevo and then A1. However D8 it is very scenic road and outside traffic peaks it is worth visit it.
Old July 22nd, 2013, 04:43 PM   #4819
stickedy

Likes (Received): 121

No, take the detour. Its even about 80 km shorter, but the traffic on the coastal road can be much higher. You have to cross through several villages and cities and that will take time. Also the road is curvy, you avarage speed will be much lower. So take the motorway unless you are driving in the night or you have enough time.
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2013, 12:43 PM   #4820
zezi
is out there

A1 U/C

For Pascal20a only

KHS liked this post