daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 17th, 2013, 03:48 PM   #5021
darko06

Likes (Received): 148

A few days ago I watched a tv-show on ZDF about Mr. Wulff (the Altbundespraesident) and Mr. Hoeness. One of participants said something like this: Look, Mr. Wulff is accused for about 700 Euros, and Mr. Hoeness will be accused for about few millions Euros of tax fraud. (Ok, in Croatia exists a person which is very similar to Mr. Hoeness, a recent executive (vice)president of richest Croatian soccer club.) But look, on BER there are a few billions of Euro money which is missing. Who will be responsible for this?

What is the red line of this and former comparison? I really didn't even try to imply that Croatia is modern and Germany is "Banana Republic". But the information about exceeding of costs on most southeastern Dalmatina part (if true, they didn't repeat it since then) is significant, because I was expected that the overall costs will be at least doubled (100% increase). I think that some of politicians indeed are responsible for pumping the cost, however the Port of Ploče is now connected with the whole European motorway network. Believe me, were the leftists won the 2003 general election, the end of motorway will be at Dugopolje.

EDIT: Why was I using examples from Germany? Because in the area of arguing, news corresponding and court judging I believe that Germany is a couple of light years farther than Croatia. In German tv-debattes people are arguing, not brutally attacking one eachother, for example.

Last edited by darko06; November 17th, 2013 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Adding the argument
darko06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 17th, 2013, 04:14 PM   #5022
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
French style exit numbering. Not totally weird considering A10 has only one exit.
actually it is more German. as far as i saw French system don't put numbers on motorway intersections, only on exits. D and HR number intersections too.
imo they should have avoided totso there and make A1 finishing at border crossing, and leave number A10 for motorway from Ploče/Metković to Dubrovnik. this is going to be the first totso in HR.
Old November 17th, 2013, 04:26 PM   #5023
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19358

I meant they picked the French system of continuing the exit numbering sequence of a nearby intersecting motorway. The way how they are signed is indeed more German.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2013, 04:32 PM   #5024
x-type
con los terroristas

Quote:
I meant they picked the French system of continuing the exit numbering sequence of a nearby intersecting motorway. The way how they are signed is indeed more German.
but Germans have the same system of numbering (i haven't actually meant appereance )
Old November 17th, 2013, 04:52 PM   #5025
sotonsi

Do the Germans have that? a quick look suggests that spurs don't carry on numbering from parents in the way that France (often) does

Not that the French do it all the time, but it's surprisingly common, applying even when the routes don't really seem to be bifurcating.
sotonsi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2013, 06:03 PM   #5026
x-type
con los terroristas

of course they have it

Old November 17th, 2013, 11:29 PM   #5027
sotonsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
of course they have it
Here's that junction - 27 on the A38, 19 on the A9.

I don't see how that is what we're actually talking about - Chris Z has explained explicitly what he meant, addressing your misinterpretations.

This is what we're talking about. OK, the French don't typically number interchanges (unlike Croatia), just exits. Junctions on the (northern section of) A35 continue where the A4 left off - counting up with the next one at 49.
sotonsi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2013, 11:44 PM   #5028
x-type
con los terroristas

but as i said at the previous page - this is just a mistake. maybe they've made it on purpose since we cannot expect continuing the construction to the south soon.
( i didn't know that Chris was referring to that thing of continuing the numbers on 2 different motorways after intersection, sorry)
Old November 18th, 2013, 12:26 AM   #5029
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
French style exit numbering. Not totally weird considering A10 has only one exit.
If it has its own number, it should also have its own interchange numbering system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko06 View Post
Port of Ploče is now connected with the whole European motorway network.
The port of Ploče doesn't really need a motorway to Zagreb, it needs a motorway to Budapest.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2013, 01:48 PM   #5030
celevac

Likes (Received): 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
The port of Ploče doesn't really need a motorway to Zagreb, it needs a motorway to Budapest.
In theory, I agree, but I don't see any EU transit from Hungary to Croatia leaving the EU, going through BiH and re-entering the EU (including a whole load of customs) in order to reach Ploče. A highway from Metković to Sarajevo and further to Slavonia would be convenient, especially for passenger traffic, but not for cargo.
celevac no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2013, 02:07 PM   #5031
volodaaaa

Likes (Received): 1746

Is not the Koper port more important and better accessible to EU traffic than Ploće? I don't mean it offensive, just being curious.

volodaaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2013, 03:49 PM   #5032
darko06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
...The port of Ploče doesn't really need a motorway to Zagreb, it needs a motorway to Budapest.
Shoud I remark now that the port of Koper urgently needs a railway connection with the port of Trieste instead building a very expensive more than half underground second railway line to Divača?
Old November 18th, 2013, 03:58 PM   #5033
darko06

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodaaaa View Post
Is not the Koper port more important and better accessible to EU traffic than Ploće? I don't mean it offensive, just being curious.
I mentioned Ploče just to mark the place from where you can now travel toward the Western Europe. Of course that the Port of Koper is better suited for let's say Slovak needs than Ploče (at least you don't have to exit the EU only to enter it later if travel by rail), but logically, to improve the transport lines from Port of Koper to Bratislava, it would be better and cheaper to make railway to Trieste instead of drilling expensive tunnels. You see, even the EU didn't want to finance this megalomaniac Slovene project, as can be found on the internet. And don't forget that the average Croat taxpayer will pay every km from Ploče to Zagreb, not the EU funds.
Old November 18th, 2013, 05:28 PM   #5034
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by celevac View Post
In theory, I agree, but I don't see any EU transit from Hungary to Croatia leaving the EU, going through BiH and re-entering the EU (including a whole load of customs) in order to reach Ploče. A highway from Metković to Sarajevo and further to Slavonia would be convenient, especially for passenger traffic, but not for cargo.
You're right, I didn't think of that. But from Zagreb, Rijeka is much closer, so I doubt Ploče is important for that part of Croatia and Europe. A motorway to Sarajevo at least would be good though.

Quote:
Is not the Koper port more important and better accessible to EU traffic than Ploće?
Yes, it's also larger than Rijeka, but smaller than Trieste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko06 View Post
Shoud I remark now that the port of Koper urgently needs a railway connection with the port of Trieste instead building a very expensive more than half underground second railway line to Divača?
Please get lost with your constant whining, we aren't all out there to get you. The situations aren't comparable anyway. If direction Zagreb was so important for Ploče, there would already be a railway to Split.

Blackraven liked this post

Last edited by Verso; November 18th, 2013 at 11:38 PM.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2013, 06:29 PM   #5035
x-type
con los terroristas

Quote:
port Ploče is the main port for BIH (although I know they also use port Rijeka quite much). there is also famous european corridor Vc from Budapest via Sarajevo to Ploče, but personally i don't think it will ever be competent to Trieste/Koper/Rijeka trio.
Old November 21st, 2013, 12:44 PM   #5036
celevac

There is some news about the A1/D425 between Vrgorac and Ploče

Slobodna Dalmacija (19.11.2013) speaks about a possible opening before Christmas (another month later than announced):

http://www.slobodnadalmacija.hr/Hrva...9/Default.aspx

Apart from that, here's the (not too interesting) content of this article:
- There are some protests about the name of the toll station "Karamatići" which is actually located in the village of Eraci (close nearby).
- This is not the first time people have protested against names of exits etc., see Ravča
- People argue that Karamatići is not even affected by the A1 or D425

Another article from 14.11.2013 mentioned that the opening of the highway depends on technical inspection which is currently under way and that some permission (paperwork) has not been issued yet.

(Source: http://www.slobodnadalmacija.hr/Hrva...9/Default.aspx )

Concluding, I think we could realistically expect this part of the highway to open in the 2nd half of December, maybe before the holidays.

There will be a lot more traffic than now because of the Christmas holidays, I personally think it would be important to open A10 in time to handle the Bosnian expat traffic from Germany, Austria etc. that usually takes place at that time of the year.

MichiH liked this post
celevac no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2013, 12:59 PM   #5037
italystf

Likes (Received): 2183

What motorways are currently U/C in Croatia?
Is (part of) the A1 south of Ploce already planned?
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2013, 01:04 PM   #5038
celevac

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
What motorways are currently U/C in Croatia?
Is (part of) the A1 south of Ploce already planned?
Ploče is the end of the "Dalmatina" (A1) for now. There are plans for an extension to Dubrovnik, however, there are no funds for this project and there are real problems with the Bosnian stretch at Neum (proposed solution: bridge or tunnel to Pelješac and highway from there to Dubrovnik or corridor through BiH which the EU doesn't really support because of the future Schengen area).

Croatian news sources jokingly speak of 2050 when it comes to the A1 to Dubrovnik and further south.
Old November 21st, 2013, 01:11 PM   #5039
italystf

Likes (Received): 2183

Quote:
corridor through BiH which the EU doesn't really support because of the future Schengen area).
I don't undertand this point, sorry.

Quote:
Croatian news sources jokingly speak of 2050 when it comes to the A1 to Dubrovnik and further south.
And in a middle-2000s map it's signed as "opening 2008".
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2013, 03:20 PM   #5040
Pascal20a

Likes (Received): 19

For sure Ploce is not the end of the Dalamatina. Metkovic is the end
Pascal20a no está en línea   Reply With Quote