daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 13th, 2013, 03:01 PM   #5121
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19366

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
When was the construction started?
At least in 2008 according to Google Earth imagery. However the first kilometer west of D31 was already U/C in 2006, but it was likely part of a separate contract to construct the cloverleaf between A11 and D31.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

MichiH liked this post
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 16th, 2013, 12:02 AM   #5122
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 411

I have a question related to the A1 to Dubrovnik, but not about when it will open

How difficult will it be to build the A1 from Zaton Doli to Dubrovnik? I've driven the current D8 and it looks like it will be challenging to construct - but that's only a very passing observation.

And another question - can someone explain why the D8 from Dubrovnik to Karasovici seems to have little to no trucks travelling there? My assumption is that most trucks are going Bari-Bar instead of travelling down through Slovenia and Croatia - but can anyone confirm?
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2013, 12:15 AM   #5123
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

GR lorries use cheap ferries from Greece to western Europe.
MNE lorries mostly travel through Serbia.
AL lorries are rare.

about complexity of works - well, i don't think it is more complicated than some other sections of A1 already built (southernmost, or Velebit section)
Old December 16th, 2013, 12:30 AM   #5124
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulanthe View Post
And another question - can someone explain why the D8 from Dubrovnik to Karasovici seems to have little to no trucks travelling there? My assumption is that most trucks are going Bari-Bar instead of travelling down through Slovenia and Croatia - but can anyone confirm?
If you go from Split to Montenegro via Neum and Dubrovnik, you cross one more border than via Čapljina and Trebinje. Could that be one of the reasons as well?
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2013, 12:42 AM   #5125
darko06

Likes (Received): 148

It seems that the Romanians started to use routes Trieste-Kozina-Rijeka-Zagreb-Nagykanisza and Trieste-Ljubljana-Zagreb-Nagykanisza instead of Trieste-Ljubljana-Maribor-Nagykanisza.

Beacause of a very good weather, my wife and I decided today to go to Opatija. After the lunch, she decided to go to Trieste for shopping. On motorway Rijeka-Rupa there was a plenty of trucks, mostly from BiH and MNE. At Pasjak-Starod border crossing we waited 15 minutes, because there were no open EU-EEA-CH lane. Every car with people frof outside EU they checked for a 3-5 minutes. We passed in a moment with ID cards.

In opposite direction, somewhere between Starod and Kozina, I counted three Romanian small vans with small trailers in Rijeka direction.

After Trieste, the motorway was not congested as usual, but somwhere after Ivančna Gorica I also counted four Romanian small vans and a bus, all with small trailers behind them. There were also Bulgarians, but again on Obrež, there was no open EU-EEA-CH lane?
darko06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2013, 12:49 AM   #5126
darko06

Bingo! If Romanians go from Trieste to Pasjak, they don't need to buy Slovenian vignette.
Old December 16th, 2013, 12:53 AM   #5127
Verso
Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko06 View Post
It seems that the Romanians started to use routes Trieste-Kozina-Rijeka-Zagreb-Nagykanisza and Trieste-Ljubljana-Zagreb-Nagykanisza instead of Trieste-Ljubljana-Maribor-Nagykanisza.
Only an idiot would do that, so you're probably making it up again. Also, it's Nagykanizsa.

Broccolli, bzbox, kozorog liked this post
Old December 16th, 2013, 01:01 AM   #5128
darko06

Okay.
I wrote what I saw. It is only pity that it was the night, so I was not able to make a photo proof.
Old December 16th, 2013, 01:05 AM   #5129
Verso
Islander

Darko: Croatia cannot into V. Corridor.
Old December 16th, 2013, 01:05 AM   #5130
darko06

It is also pity that no Slovene government wanted to build a motorway from Trieste to Pasjak (it was a condition under the Osimo treaties, wasn't it?), so you will gradually loose the vignette money, because I'm telling you: in the future there will be more Romanians on this route.
Old December 16th, 2013, 01:06 AM   #5131
darko06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
Darko: Croatia cannot into V. Corridor.
V. and X. corridors are dead now. There are only TEN-T corridors from the New Year onwards.
Old December 16th, 2013, 01:17 AM   #5132
darko06

And I forgot something else: In Croatia there is no 125 euro fee for marking a broken vehicle on motorway and another 125 euro fee for unmarking it.
Perhaps for this reason Romanians drive through Slovenia in small groups of 5-8 vehicles.
Old December 16th, 2013, 02:40 AM   #5133
Verso
Islander

Quote:
It is also pity that no Slovene government wanted to build a motorway from Trieste to Pasjak (it was a condition under the Osimo treaties, wasn't it?), so you will gradually loose the vignette money, because I'm telling you: in the future there will be more Romanians on this route.
And why is that?

Quote:
And I forgot something else: In Croatia there is no 125 euro fee for marking a broken vehicle on motorway and another 125 euro fee for unmarking it.
Perhaps for this reason Romanians drive through Slovenia in small groups of 5-8 vehicles.
???
Old December 16th, 2013, 02:46 AM   #5134
hofburg
middle lane hogger

Likes (Received): 464

Quote:
yes, because whole slovenian toll financial system depends on Romanians

Broccolli, kozorog liked this post
hofburg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2013, 09:36 AM   #5135
Palance
Autosnelwegen.net

Likes (Received): 277

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
If you go from Split to Montenegro via Neum and Dubrovnik, you cross one more border than via Čapljina and Trebinje. Could that be one of the reasons as well?
I drove the M6 in BiH this summer from Čapljina to Trebinje. There was hardly traffic, and even less (almost zero ) trucks on that route.

Verso, Broccolli liked this post
Palance no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2013, 05:19 PM   #5136
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

Quote:
so you will gradually loose the vignette money, because I'm telling you: in the future there will be more Romanians on this route.
No problem. As they are mostly very bad and dangerous drivers I'm happy not to see them on our motorways. Just yesterday there was a horrible accident on A1 with a Romanian van, two people dead and one critically injured - most probable cause was driver fell asleep and therefore went offroad into signage portal.
Those few lost vignettes won't harm overall financial situation of Dars - which is still overwhelmingly better than that of HAC or ARZ.

kozorog liked this post
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2013, 05:35 PM   #5137
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18298

I or my gf will be driving on A1 on 28th and on A5 on 29th, so please take care.
Watch out for a red Fiat 500 with German plates (but don't get fooled by the plates, we are actually Romanian)
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2013, 11:20 PM   #5138
niskogradnja
Used Register

Likes (Received): 595

Quote:
So true. The Slovenians are sometimes real robbers.

http://www.24ur.com/na-avtocesti-se-...lal-racun.html

Branko Ćopić (1915 – 1984)
niskogradnja no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2013, 02:00 PM   #5139
i15

Likes (Received): 609

Quote:
Bingo! If Romanians go from Trieste to Pasjak, they don't need to buy Slovenian vignette.
slovenian vignette is more expensive than croatian toll?
i15 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2013, 08:15 PM   #5140
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
Originally Posted by i15 View Post
slovenian vignette is more expensive than croatian toll?
tolls in Slovenia for 4th category indeed are more expensive than in Croatia.